• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The "Help, I'm confused!" Thread

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
Awards
Since KH has a plethora of plot points and a mythos that feels almost impossible to grasp, I thought I would make a thread which can aggregate single questions or confusions we may have about the KH series, whether it be about the story itself or the technical aspects of the game. Since the vast majority of KHInsider members are well versed with the story and more than willing to answer questions we may have, this thread can be the place for those that are confused to have their questions answered.

I myself come up with a new question to ask everyday, but forget most of them by night. But for now, here is one.:

Regarding the Kingdom Shader: what will be the key difference between the shader used for the Disney worlds and the realistic worlds? Is it a mere matter of using cel shading vs using realistic shading?

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
Regarding the Kingdom Shader: what will be the key difference between the shader used for the Disney worlds and the realistic worlds? Is it a mere matter of using cel shading vs using realistic shading?
According to Nomura, the Kingdom Shader won't be used for realistic worlds or worlds that require a more photorealistic look. A different, more realistic, shader will be used.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
Since KH has a plethora of plot points and a mythos that feels almost impossible to grasp, I thought I would make a thread which can aggregate single questions or confusions we may have about the KH series, whether it be about the story itself or the technical aspects of the game. Since the vast majority of KHInsider members are well versed with the story and more than willing to answer questions we may have, this thread can be the place for those that are confused to have their questions answered.

I myself come up with a new question to ask everyday, but forget most of them by night. But for now, here is one.:

Kingdom Hearts doesn't use cel shading, it's more like trying to replicate the look of brush strokes in a physical state, which is almost impossible to describe.

We haven't really seen enough of the Shader in action, but I think it's more about style and how the use of light and shadow looks in the original features.

I think it's going to be one of those things where we have to see it to understand it.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
I'm curious to see how this thread will work when so many questions/topics will result in differing viewpoints and answers, lol. How are you (presumably) going to link them in the OP?

Awards
Thanks for the responses, Audo and Tinny!

I'm curious to see how this thread will work when so many questions/topics will result in differing viewpoints and answers, lol. How are you (presumably) going to link them in the OP?

I had no plans of linking them in the OP as such. The thread was just intended to serve the purpose of getting each individual question answered rather than having to start a separate thread for everything, wherein the question just requires a reply or two to anser. Maybe I could post hyperlinks to each question in the OP?

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I feel like this is kind of a weird thread, only because the entire point of the forums is to answer confused questions in which people are free to make new threads for.

Not to say I don't like the idea of this. I also want to know how things will be catalogued after being answered.

Edit: Ah, I see. It'd be best if you did the hyperlinking. You don't want people asking the same question when it's already been answered.

Awards
I feel like this is kind of a weird thread, only because the entire point of the forums is to answer confused questions in which people are free to make new threads for.

Not to say I don't like the idea of this. I also want to know how things will be catalogued after being answered.

Edit: Ah, I see. It'd be best if you did the hyperlinking. You don't want people asking the same question when it's already been answered.

I thought it would be a good idea, considering that many questions that I personally have can usually be answered in one or two replies max, where not much of an in-depth discussion is required.

If this thread gets many responses then I will certainly try to organize everything in the OP.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I thought it would be a good idea, considering that many questions that I personally have can usually be answered in one or two replies max, where not much of an in-depth discussion is required.

If this thread gets many responses then I will certainly try to organize everything in the OP.

No, yeah this is a great idea then!

Morgenstern

Awards
Okay then, Ive a tough one. Can one explain Ariel's amnesia regarding Ursula in II?

Awards
Got another one.

In the BBS Final episode, when Terranort stabbed himself with the keyblade, was it Terra in control or MX?

D

Deleted member 87467

It's been a while since I posted but here's a quick question.

How will the different versions of Xehanort (SoD, Xemnas, etc) be brought back to the present after they returned to their respective time periods at the end of DDD?

In other words, how will they be brought back to fight the seven guardians of light? This is one of the many things I never understood about DDD........

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
It's been a while since I posted but here's a quick question.

How will the different versions of Xehanort (SoD, Xemnas, etc) be brought back to the present after they returned to their respective time periods at the end of DDD?

In other words, how will they be brought back to fight the seven guardians of light? This is one of the many things I never understood about DDD........
This is more in the realm of theories than actual answers, and no one will really know for sure until KH3 rolls around.

D

Deleted member 87467

This is more in the realm of theories than actual answers, and no one will really know for sure until KH3 rolls around.

Thank you :)

I guess I just figured it was explained and it went over my head.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back