• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Hatchet in Innocence

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nutari

The Scotsman
Awards
The Hatchet in Innocence

The destruction of Innocence claws at the seams of the world.
Yet, we simply walk by with our heads down,
We acknowledge the evil- but merely slap the wrist,
Leaving those afflicted broken and gnarled.
What are these seeds we have sown?
Our complacency has lead us to coexist,
With an evil that we choose to forget.

The evil we overlook- pretend does not exist- is the hatchet,
Lodged in the back of Innocence.
Daughters are taught that love equals lust;
We fail to see the open casket;
Our hearts feed into the wickedness.
If hell is on fire, we are about to combust-
As we succumb to the bleeding in our hearts.

We are the plague Innocence fears-
The swift hand acting as the creator.
Wicked men are truly monsters,
And we are the men who are nearly there.
Running to our cursed ends,
As the bumbling hypocrites that we are-
Pretending that we are not wretches,
Laughing till the very end.

If it were not for His grace,
I would suffer the bitter end of a monster,
Whilst wearing the mask of a saint.
I was the plague- the bane of Innocence.
I was the one who swung the hatchet.
Yet I am welcomed as He rises.

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
A poem that speaks truth and exhibits it in full glory. There are those of us who do look away, when someone does something terrible to another. We lack bravery and justice. Only a handful would try to give more then a slap on the wrist to those you define as 'evil'. However, there is such a thing as mercy and forgiveness too. We can't always punish the wicked, or they'll relish in it and believe they have won. I am not religious, so I can't full comment on this. I might not see this in the perspective that you do either, because of that. I do get what you're saying, that there are also those who pretend to be saints, when they sin in greed, lust and power. I've seen a few people like that in my life time and it used to bother me, until I remember we are only human beings. [I may of gotten carried away with this. xD]

Nutari

The Scotsman
Awards
A poem that speaks truth and exhibits it in full glory. There are those of us who do look away, when someone does something terrible to another. We lack bravery and justice. Only a handful would try to give more then a slap on the wrist to those you define as 'evil'. However, there is such a thing as mercy and forgiveness too. We can't always punish the wicked, or they'll relish in it and believe they have won. I am not religious, so I can't full comment on this. I might not see this in the perspective that you do either, because of that. I do get what you're saying, that there are also those who pretend to be saints, when they sin in greed, lust and power. I've seen a few people like that in my life time and it used to bother me, until I remember we are only human beings. [I may of gotten carried away with this. xD]

Haha, this poem is mostly a venting reaction to myself. I saw some things on the internet that day that made me want to hurl. I was so disgusted, so it kind of just... happened, in poetic form xD

Furthermore, this is a commentary on how people think they are exempt from blame and justice (including myself) if they pretend everything is fine. Certainly, this is overly religious, but on the other hand, justice is a big theme of the Bible- but not revenge justice, more like protecting, and healing those who are left in the wake of evil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back