• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► The Guardian Gaidens Scala and Wayfinder gang series draft feedback and project report

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Alexxio M.

Awards
heyo everyone here's something cool please give a warm welcome to Zenithya

Zenithya casual.jpg

Ps. Yes, I do realize now how much she looks like Brain but it wasn't intentional it just happened. I'm just gonna say she liked the haircut.

Alexxio M.

Awards
I have a huge announcement! I’m making a Fanzine for the keykids and the Foretellers. I made a cut down version of it for a school project and decided to reuse and refurbish it as a part of the Gaurdian Gaidens and Gaurdian Chronicles. It still needs a few edits and a few more pieces of artwork so it’s still in the works. But I’ll be cross posting it here and on a03. It’ll contain character summaries for all the union leaders, Player and their Chirithy, Ven’s Chirithy, Strelitzia’s Chirithy and Brain’s Chirithy, The foretellers, Luxu, Vanitas and perhaps even the master of masters, a mixture of both fanart and official renders and maybe a few extra bits of backstory only canon to the Gaurdian Chronicles as well. Please look forward to it around the spring of next year. My ideas for new outfits for Skuld, Lauriam and Elrena will show up too. Question though I don’t have a twitter but I do have an instagram should I show off the printed version there as well or just leave it here and on Ao3.

Alexxio M.

Awards
Heyo everyone got some more chapter portions for you
but first here’s the full complete version of the first Lauriam portion of chapter 15 of the Regretful Keys to Rechained Memoríes arc.
Lauriam
A morning breeze disturbs my curls and makes me stir a bit. Then a connection begins to fade Ven where are you going? My hand twitches feeling the emptiness left behind as my vision slowly returns and I catch a small glimpse of him walking up the stairs. I stifle a yawn, groggily wipe my eyes, scoot myself upright and take a look at the others. All still safe, still here. Chirithy purrs softly beside me, Ven must’ve given her his pillow when he left. I pat her gently, thankful for the work she did the previous night but still making sure not to wake her as I sneak and shuffle my way out the fort and head up toward him.
He sleepwalks as if pulled by something and I hide from his line of sight soon witnessing a flash of light, no doubt his keyblade. I wonder what he’s doing with it? I enter the balcony and his pensive expression towards the sky says it all. Even so I announced myself “didn’t expect to see you up all bright and early. Come to see the view?” He snaps out of his daze and turns towards me slightly flustered “Oh Lauriam I didn’t see you there, sorry I didn’t mean to wake you.”
“Don’t worry you didn't, I was waking up anyway.” I respond quickly walking closer and taking note of the different flowers as well as the dandelion nestled between his fingers. He clearly sees through my ruse but still plays along. Smiling slightly as he says “Oh okay that's good.” turning back to the view and continuing to fiddle with the dandelion. A silence comes over us for a bit as I pick my own dandelion before saying “So… Ven, what brought you here?”
He hesitates “My heart did…”
“And…”
“And my dream too, I think. It wasn’t a nightmare but it left me with a lot to think about. About the others and finding them, about the war and about darkness…” His gaze shifts slightly toward the Strelitzia in a way that was pensive and optimistic yet also deeply regretful. I nod understandably and smile “hmm… I see… Did she pay you a visit?”
“Yeah she told me to let you know that she was safe and I showed her the view atop the clock tower from my memory. She loved it.”
A chuckle escapes from the tip of my tongue “I’m glad she got to see it… did she tell you where she was?”
“Well the dream ended before she could elaborate but I know she’s at least in the same world as Sora because it wasn’t darkness that led her to me so it has to be him… We’re both in for an earful when we get there.”
“Heh figures… Is she truly safe with Sora though?”
He nods confidently “ ‘Course if she told him that she wished to escape and find her way back like him he would do anything in his power to help.”
“Then he’s like you in that sense huh.”
He smiles slightly flustered at the praise saying “Yeah I guess so."
“How was she otherwise? What else did she say?”
He quickly answers “She didn’t look much older than when I first met her.”
“So she stayed at 13?”
“Yeah that's good isn’t it?”
“Yes but we all know time travel does wacky things and who knows what Unreality’s rules are."
"True..."
"What else?”
“She told me about transferring unions. The person I met on my first day helped her transfer apparently. His name was Neilios…” he trails off a bit before saying “I find that she’s a lot like you and also… a lot like me.”
I smile nostalgically “Yeah she is.”
Ven continues “She’s looking forward to seeing you and the others; she doesn't want us to just rush in to save her though.”
"And I can't help but agree even though I want to jump straight in."
He nods "Hmm that's another reason I think my heart brought me here. Riku told me at the victory party that the night before he and Sora met Aqua and Terra a series of shooting stars flew over Destiny Islands. He figured it might've been the distant light of our keys and I thought portals and their paths might show up the same way."
"To find Skuld huh."
"Yep… well maybe just to have a little more hope that we can."
I give a supportive smile "I'm sure we will find her, Ven."
"Likewise Lauriam. Likewise… They'll both be happy to meet everyone I'm sure."
"Yeah…"
A silence comes over us as we admire the coming dawn and take in the aroma of the flowers around us. Peaceful… warm. I hold on to it as the winds of change gently whisk our dandelion seeds away again and unite with the streak of the last shooting star. His eyes sparkle with hope and wonder finally breaking the silence with a simple slightly whispery "Wow! What a beautiful view to start the day."
I nod "Indeed…"
He turns toward the courtyard as the dawn continues to rise, bathing Masters Defender in a glorious morning light.
"I didn't notice it when Vanitas took over me but I like the flowers you picked for Masters Defender."
"I'm so glad you like them…" I paused for a bit stuck in nostalgia before saying "You know they'd be proud of you Ventus achieving all you have, making new friends and making peace with your darkness.” he shrugs sheepishly but his smile although small is clear and radiant. I continue “You’ve grown so much… and I guess I just want you to know that despite everything I'm still proud of you Ven, so proud.” Soon pulling him into a small yet reassuring hug. He lets it sit, nods within it and then sniffles suddenly “Guess I finally did it then.” he says.
My expression turns curious as I ask “Did what?”
He smiled wobbly and slightly choked up “Grow a backbone… I finally grew a backbone like he said I would.” I squeeze tighter for a moment before withdrawing and helping wipe away the small tears that pooled.
I smile and with a small melancholic chuckle say “Oh Ven you’ve always had one. You just needed to realize it.” At this he sprung back into my arms and what he said next just melted my already warmed heart away.

Alexxio M.

Awards
Next we have Ven’s second portion from that same story
Ventus
My heart pangs as his statement ripples through my heart and mind, it’s weight contrastingly making my light feel weightless and stronger than ever. It’s power bursting out in a singular embrace catching him off guard as I nestle myself back into his familiar vested button up stating with a newfound confidence, “I’m lucky aren’t I… and she was lucky too. Lucky to have you… Heh it feels funny to admit it but I want her to have that luck back almost as much as you do. I can’t rest on my laurels anymore and I won’t take my previous excuses because I have the knowledge now and have accepted it. But will you let me help you find her again, Lauriam?” he returns the embrace melting within it and nodding before answering “Of course Ven… Of course. We’ll find them all together.” The embrace melts us further and the bliss seemed like it could last forever. But soon enough plushy footsteps alert us to a friendly but unexpected visitor who giggles softly before saying “I’m glad to see you two made up.”
We withdraw as I ask “Chirithy you’re up?”
“Course I am when both of my wielders go missing, of course I’m gonna wake up.”
Lauriam responds slightly sheepishly, “Oh sorry to wake you Chirithy.”
“No worries Lauriam no worries. Curiosity led me here, not your absence. I had faith so I stayed with the others for a bit.”
“Wait so Chirithy how long were you up?”
“Oh not too long I stirred a bit after you left Ven but I fully awoke a bit after I heard your key flash. Thanks for the pets though they sure helped my curiosity stay at bay.”
Lauriam shakes his head but his smile is more proud. As I curiously ask “You heard everything didn’t you?”
She smiles slyly “perhaps but no worries if you two so wish my whiskers are sealed.”
We looked to each other quickly before synchronously saying “Yes please.”
“Gotcha!”
We smile “good.”
A soft silence embraces us for a short while as we once again take in the breeze and the scent of the pines and flowers before Lauriam asks slowly “So… what now.”
“Perhaps rejoin the others.” Chirithy brightly suggests. I shake my head “but it’s already morning there's no point in going back to sleep.”
Lauriam nods agreeably, turning pensive for a moment before saying “hmm what about breakfast?”
Chirithy bounces back a bit “Breakfast? This early?”
“Why not we have a lot of people to prepare for anyway.”
My smile widens “ok I’m game what were you thinking of making?”
“Depends on what you have in the castle. What would you like, Ven?”
“Pancakes… yeah lets make some pancakes.”
He smiles nostalgically “I’m guessing the chocolate chip variety, yes?”
“Yep but we should make some plain too Terra doesn’t really like sweets.”
“Noted, what about toppings and refreshments?”
“Castle’s still got us covered. If you thought the snack stash we had last night was big you haven’t seen anything yet.”
“Should I be amazed or worried, we all know how you get around sweets.”
“Ah don’t worry Aqua will cover that one for you in a heartbeat. Who you should be curious and more worried about would be Roxas, he’s not just Sora’s nobody ya know technically he’s mine too.”
“Fair point, I am quite curious.”
Chirithy bounces “You have your minds made up then don’t you.”
“Yep. Let's get started then. We do have a lot of people to cook for.” I say rushing past the both of them with pep and cheer. I take a right turn but quickly turn back saying “That is not the way to the kitchen.”
A snicker hangs at the edges of his question “Getting turned around in your own castle?”
“No. Just checking if it swapped on us the Castle of Departure changes its layout sometimes at random.”
“Hmm guess that's where Castle Oblivion gets it from.”
“Yeah. It keeps us on our toes, that's for sure.”

Alexxio M.

Awards
Heyo got some new and improved chapter portions for you
first from chapter 9 of the regretful keys to rechained memories arc
Lauriam
She starts simple “Alright… first who recruited you?”
We answer at the same time “Xigbar ranked number two in the original organization and number five in the real one. He’s fought with Sora. Do you know about him?”
She responds “Roxas told me he had arrowguns for his weapon and ditched him in a recon mission in Agrabah. Seems like a very cryptic and puzzling sorta guy when taking Jiminy’s journal into account but that’s about all I know.” Its left unspoken but it's clear she wants to know more and responding to that I give a slightly unsure shrug saying “sadly we can’t tell you much more about him either, he is certainly puzzling though. He seemed to annoy some of the more serious among us but at least when he recruited me after I learned the ropes and got used to my weapon we kinda just ignored each other.”
Two truths and one possible lie hopefully she doesn’t catch it.
Elrena follows suit saying “Same here.” Naminé nods and moves on to my relief asking “Ok so what did he do to make you join? You two don’t seem like the types to just follow any stranger and I know about the coup so you couldn’t have joined because Xemnas sold you on his ideals.”
I hesitate slightly. “He… promised me answers to help me find something that I lost a long time ago and no it wasn’t power. I had my key back then.”
”I see… What about you?”
Elrena motions to me as she says “Xigbar recruited me with both the same thing and saying that he already joined.”
“So you guys were friends in the previous life and were looking for the same thing?”
"Well I can only speak for myself but I had another thing I was looking for at the time again, not power. But that thing would also help find the thing we shared so I thought it would balance out."
”I see…”
She pauses a bit before asking "So did you actively seek out a task at Castle Oblivion to further your goals or were you forced upon it?"
"A little bit of both. Castle Oblivion was secluded so it helped in planning the coup but no one else wanted the job of keeping intruders out of the castle and Xemnas did give the order to us to lure in Sora so we just took it."
“I see. Are you aware that Axel was originally sent to the castle to snuff you guys out?”
I answer first “Yes I figured that out during Sora’s visit quite forcefully in fact but honestly I deserved it.”
Elrena nods and says “and he told me his revelation when we rejoined the organization.”
“Ok… then why the coup? What was it for?”
I hesitate again but resolve to say “My heart, nonexistent as it was, still left a goal for my brain. I wanted to see the secret behind the castle walls and I somehow hoped that taking over the Replica program could also help find the thing we both lost.”
Elrena takes a breath before answering herself “As for me I was really just along for the ride. I didn't really trust anyone else in that Organization and the power only fuelled my already rebellious nature. But this is what happens with dishonest rebellions: they just slap you in the face with shame and regret when it’s all over.”

Alexxio M.

Awards
next this is the beginning of chapter 2 of the regretful Key’s to rechained memories arc
we are in Lauriam’s perspective

We had to move alot before we came to Daybreak Town but back then I knew where I had to be to keep her safe and make our parents proud. Now I’ve been blinded twice over and I find that even though my waypoint has mostly stayed the same it has now also expanded and I realize now how winding the path to our previous waypoint must’ve seemed to her as that is how my new one appears to me in the here and now. She never liked how I learned to write my signature early. Her covers rustle in the bed of one of the many second floor spare rooms from the shops that we had to find shelter and employment in over the years as I by candlelight write another one of the countless goodbyes I had to make. She watches me as the feather pen I hold runs back and forth across the page “Hey, big brother…” She starts with a soft half asleep semi-whisper and a question clearly hanging at the edge of her lips.
“Yes, my sweet Strelitzia?” I responded with an almost equally whispery voice that looking back didn’t hide my tiredness at all.
“Why do we have to move again? Mr. Noah said he’d protect us.” This question was nothing new and I answered the same way I always did.
“Because bad people can still find you when Mr. Noah and I aren’t around.”
“You think the raiders can still find us all the way out here? But you said when we came that this town was too off the map for them to find.”
“That was then and this is now Strelitzia. Things change.”
She gives a small pout “They change too quickly if you ask me…” she pauses before saying “The raiders should’ve left by now.”
I nod “True.”
“Then why can’t we just go back home?”
“There’s always a chance they can come back.”
“There’s always a chance that they won’t.”
“Even so we need to keep pushing forward.”
“But big brother, I miss home.”
“I know you do and so do I.”
“Then why keep going isn’t it worth it just to see if everything’s alright?”
“Strelitzia… I made a promise to keep you safe. I won't risk it for as long as I live…” I pause my writing to take a look at the ever ticking clock “it’s late Strelitzia you should go back to sleep.”
“So should you.”
“I can't, we have to be early to get a head start out of town.”
The covers rustle once more as she sits up on the bed to look out the window “It’s still dark outside.”
“I know…” She slips out of bed and comes closer “I just have to finish writing this down.”
She reaches to my cheek and I lean into her touch “Why do you write when there's still enough time?” I lay the pen down to meet her hand, giving only a slow hushing sound. After our hands shrink away she tugs on my sleeve “Come back to dream that would be enough.”
“I’ll be back before you know I’m gone.”
“Come dream with me.”
“We’ll need to leave a little past dawn.”
Her touch falls as she turns away disheartened. “Well then I should get back to sleep.”
I can’t bear the weight of her sadness so I turn around “Hey,” she too turns around, hopeful. I hold on to it “we'll find a home that's best to live in.” she smiles and climbs back under the covers “Can you promise me at least a year this time?”
“Anything for you my dear.”
She settles in with a small but content sigh coming out more like a yawn “Alrighty then… Goodnight, big brother.”
I smile “Goodnight my sweet Strelitzia…”
She slowly returns to slumber soft murmurs accenting her breaths from time to time. I finish signing the letter with a heavy heart but still my will unshaken as I look to the candle beside me and whisper “Beidh mé ag siúl ar a son agus ar do shon mháthair mar a dúirt tú ‘siúil a rúin’... Oíche mhaith.”
I blow out the candle and her murmurs return to welcome me. I change the potted plant on the nightstand to lavender before joining her and the covers rustle again as she nestles herself right by my heart. Snuggling ever closer as I went to kiss her forehead before succumbing to sleep myself.
Don’t fall deeper into sleep, you still have work to do.
I wake once more with an abrupt start. My vision still a bit blurry, making me frantically look around for something, anything familiar. Until finally my eyes adjust to the light and I realize where I am. I cover my face with my hand to reorient myself and soon give a slight chuckle as the moment reminds me of how I awoke in Daybreak Town for the first time startled by the notion that it was too good to be true and it would be pulled right out from under us “Ah, so this wasn’t a dream either.” Of course not. If it was a dream it’d be more extravagant. Especially considering who else I’m with.

Last edited:

Alexxio M.

Awards
Here are all references from the last post

1. Mr. Noah is named after Noah and his arc
2. Everything from the line “I can’t, we have to be early to get a head start out of town.” To the line “we’ll find a home that’s best to live in.” Is a reference to Hamilton
3. There’s a reference to the song Siúil a Rúin when Lauriam blows out the candle the song fits their journey and the backstory I have for them well. Here’s the link
4. The sentence that houses the Siúil a Rúin reference roughly translates to “I will walk on for her and for you mother like you said ‘siúil a rúin’… Good night.”
5. There’s call back to the lavender scented candle when Lauriam finally joins Strelitzia in dreamland.
6. Lauriam waking up abruptly is a call back to the beginning of Regretful Key’s to Rechained Memories

Alexxio M.

Awards
And here’s Lauriam and Elrena getting their new outfits from Chapter 2 of the regretful key to rechained memories Arc
starting in Lauriam’s perspective

Directed by the treasury clerk we found our way to Breezy Quarter and the waterway shopping street and quickly entered a grand boutique to shed our dark cloaks once and for all. I wonder if my tailor brand survived. I meander round the shop finding more memories hidden in the fabrics and threads. I see feathered fedoras hanging on the wall and checkered jackets right below them fit for a stylish academic. Swirly patterned scarfs in many colors hanging loosely on adventurously dressed mannequins some of which almost perfectly seem to mirror a similarly adventurous friend of mine. Finally baggy suspenders and strapped soldier boy sneakers humble and simple fit a smaller customer giving his mom a familiar satisfied smile after finding out he can get the newly picked outfit. I find these threads of friendship but not my own. Come on there’s got to be something that can allow me to shed the cloak I’m under. I wander some more soon finding a pair of curly cuffed buckled black boots and then a pair of pinkish red dress pants fit for a charming squire from the countryside.
But where's the squires suit his gentlemanly presentation to his superior, no to his equals? I looked around for a while before finding the section of button ups. Plaids and dress shirts galore but no vests. My heart begins to panic, desperately reaching for the threads I lost but nothing is familiar. Losing the coat becomes daunting now as dark doubts creep in but I manage to shake them off. I must reclaim myself. Chain the memories and reunite with them. Hold on to the light and find the missing link it's got to be here, don't give up. Breaking my thoughts a flash of emerald shines in my periphery catching me off guard and guiding my gaze to the suit it came from. My heart pangs, this is it finally! The new me is finally blooming.
I reach for the suit feeling the fabrics. They feel just like they used to. Light but cozy, soft on the edges and inside but also having a fuzzy stiffness at the core. Classy yet simple and a bit worn at the same time. As expected the button up had changed its design slightly. The vest was a slightly dark gray complemented by embroidered vine patterns on the slightly worn hem, emerald buttons that glistened and a platinum chain hanging from the right pocket. The sleeve cuffs also had platinum bordering and buttoning now and the white under shirt was given a bit of a light pink and plaided finish transitioning colors like the center of a Sakura petal. The hems of each shirt did seem lower than usual though a belt ought to fix that right up. I thought before grabbing the suit and looking around to find a pinkish red checkered belt with a matching platinum buckle. Perfect but somethings are still missing. Things to honor them. I head to the section with smaller accessories. Quickly I find a pocket watch with a dandelion lined and semi transparent lux symbol on its face and star motifs on its hands. Next I find a purple handkerchief with stars, sparkles, windswept clovers and crosses in a checkered pattern. Almost done, I just need one more thing. Something to fasten to the other side. It takes awhile but I manage to find it. A gold pin of a certain flower of paradise surrounded in a laurel of simplified roses. Now it's finally complete. I put the belt and the accessories in the shopping bag and head to the fitting rooms ever looking forward to my newly blooming self. As I rush though I wonder how is Elrena's new look completing itself?

Elrena
I'm met with accessories galore as I enter the girls’ section of the store. Ditzy Bows and ribbons are not my style though and I'm not really one for jewels either. I pass by them quickly. Studded belts and school ties then grace my view that's more like it. I grabbed a tie with a blue and black plaided pattern and a star studded belt just like Skuld wore. It looked good on her. I wonder if it’ll be the same for me. Perfect but I need something to put it on. I travel further into the sections weaving through the displays trying to find a good top. I pass by a cream colored blouse plain and simple no thanks. I weave past the white blouses too. I'm not pure like that anymore. Gray blouses then enter my vision I stop and consider but ultimately say eh not quite what I’m looking for something a little more vibrant should do the trick. Coincidentally right after the thought finished a blueish silver blouse graced my view and in a flash I fell head over heels for its perfect design and hue.
Now I need a skirt. I make my way towards them and immediately get hit with a wave of nostalgia as white floral patterned frills alongside black mostly straight and short cut skirts greeted me there. I blink twice chasing the brief yet still hard to swallow feeling away not now later. I think moving onward towards more layered fare. School girl skirts grace my view but I pass them by, too generic. Layered straight skirts come next that’s just more of what I had before, no thanks already carrying a lot from back then. I wander for a while passing through plain skirt after plain skirt until finally stumbling on a purple plaided frilled skirt with a light gray almost straight and short skirt layered underneath.
Perfect all that’s left now are the boots and my signature light blue jacket. The boots were easy, short length and medium heeled. Colored jet black with a single silver button on the side. As for the jacket that was much harder, I knew from the start I wanted something with middling sleeves and a long hem, maybe a cross button if I decided to be fancy. I see and shuffle through the jackets too light, too dark, not the right sleeve length and that’s a midriff. I pass by all of them in a cycle throwing my heart through a loop and causing me to shrink a little in my cloak. No, no don’t trap yourself you're smarter than that come on there has to be something here for me. I rush past dud after dud wandering deeper into the stock, almost getting lost and paralysed in it until a unique design catches my periphery off guard and stops me in my tracks.
The jacket was actually more blazer-like than anything but the blend of sky blue denim and a darker almost black navy velvet captured my eye and kept its attention. It had the perfect sleeve length with plaid light blue cuffs. It was zippered in a zig zag like a lightning bolt instead of buttoned but with the studs that surrounded the zipper I didn’t mind it. The hem was lopsided but long either way making the silhouette striking and bold. That boldness grabbed me the most-perfect. I take the jacket and head toward the fitting rooms but before I could finally finish striking my new look I found myself wandering back to the accessory section. I peruse the selection of sashes I find a royal looking purple one and a more humble and bright reddish orange one. I glance between them debating hmm maybe just one more thing from the past to complete this thundering outfit something bright and fiery. I head toward the fitting room once more and once I arrive I look around. There’s no sign of him. Perfect. I can surprise him with this last bit from the past. I wonder how he’ll carry his.

Lauriam
I make it to the fitting rooms and immediately know she beat me to it as loud clicking from slightly taller heels strike like thunder and her voice comes soon after “Oh flower boy you finally made it.”
I smile “How’d you know?”
“I smelled roses all of a sudden and figured it must be you. Is your nature magic on or something?”
“Ah no not really I’d call it more on guard then anything else. I learned to do it early, so early that it became natural and harder to turn off.”
“I see… Anyway if the fitting rooms on this side are any indication you’ll be able to hang up your coat easily there's a high knob on the other side of the door and there are pockets to store accessories in too just a heads up.”
“Thanks. I’ll leave you to it then.”
“Alright. I’ll see ya on the other side.”
My smile grows “Likewise El. Can’t wait to see what you picked out.”
“Neither can I,” she says with a small chuckle hanging at the edge of the statement. I take the first stall and get started unzippering the cloak straight away. This flower I call my heart is finally outgrowing its dark bud ready to finally fully meet the light and I know Strelitzia… that the bloom that will follow can't wait to share its new look with you. I hope that both you and my other littlest sibling will find solace in it someday in the near yet still out of reach future that I so long to make true. I promise I’ll carry all you need me to and all the memories with great care and responsibility through this journey and always.

A few minutes later
Her new heels thunderously click impatiently outside the entrance “C’mon flower boy I know you're done in there.”
“Oh do you?” I ask teasingly as I quietly slip past the fitting room curtain and head to the entrance.
“Yes it doesn’t take this long for a person to put on a suit-” I turn the corner looking down so as to not spoil myself. She continues her train of thought “C’mon stop being such a Narcissus and show me al-” she turns around soon startled by my sudden appearance and closer voice smuggly asking “You were saying?”
“Jeez Louise you almost gave me a-” she then sees my proud smirk and as the realization comes like a wave across her face a knowing smirk begins to curl and widen “Oh, this was payback wasn’t it?”
“Indeed it was and you were priceless.”
“Well you still won’t get the satisfaction of hearing me finish that statement.”
“Ah, but that satisfaction doesn’t matter when I’m already satisfied…” I say as her smirk turns into a small perhaps slightly sheepish but clearly satisfied smile of her own and she fiddles a little with her hair. My heart, seeming to flutter a bit gains strength with the new almost fully rechained connection, my smile grows and my mind now curious asks what other wonderful flowers do we have blooming here? Her voice returns the compliment and my heart now thankful makes me think whatever they are, I am thankful for them from the bottom of my newly everblooming heart. Let’s make sure we nurture them properly this time alright?

Last edited:

Alexxio M.

Awards
Next we have Ven’s second portion from that same story
Ventus
My heart pangs as his statement ripples through my heart and mind, it’s weight contrastingly making my light feel weightless and stronger than ever. It’s power bursting out in a singular embrace catching him off guard as I nestle myself back into his familiar vested button up stating with a newfound confidence, “I’m lucky aren’t I… and she was lucky too. Lucky to have you… Heh it feels funny to admit it but I want her to have that luck back almost as much as you do. I can’t rest on my laurels anymore and I won’t take my previous excuses because I have the knowledge now and have accepted it. But will you let me help you find her again, Lauriam?” he returns the embrace melting within it and nodding before answering “Of course Ven… Of course. We’ll find them all together.” The embrace melts us further and the bliss seemed like it could last forever. But soon enough plushy footsteps alert us to a friendly but unexpected visitor who giggles softly before saying “I’m glad to see you two made up.”
We withdraw as I ask “Chirithy you’re up?”
“Course I am when both of my wielders go missing, of course I’m gonna wake up.”
Lauriam responds slightly sheepishly, “Oh sorry to wake you Chirithy.”
“No worries Lauriam no worries. Curiosity led me here, not your absence. I had faith so I stayed with the others for a bit.”
“Wait so Chirithy how long were you up?”
“Oh not too long I stirred a bit after you left Ven but I fully awoke a bit after I heard your key flash. Thanks for the pets though they sure helped my curiosity stay at bay.”
Lauriam shakes his head but his smile is more proud. As I curiously ask “You heard everything didn’t you?”
She smiles slyly “perhaps but no worries if you two so wish my whiskers are sealed.”
We looked to each other quickly before synchronously saying “Yes please.”
“Gotcha!”
We smile “good.”
A soft silence embraces us for a short while as we once again take in the breeze and the scent of the pines and flowers before Lauriam asks slowly “So… what now.”
“Perhaps rejoin the others.” Chirithy brightly suggests. I shake my head “but it’s already morning there's no point in going back to sleep.”
Lauriam nods agreeably, turning pensive for a moment before saying “hmm what about breakfast?”
Chirithy bounces back a bit “Breakfast? This early?”
“Why not we have a lot of people to prepare for anyway.”
My smile widens “ok I’m game what were you thinking of making?”
“Depends on what you have in the castle. What would you like, Ven?”
“Pancakes… yeah lets make some pancakes.”
He smiles nostalgically “I’m guessing the chocolate chip variety, yes?”
“Yep but we should make some plain too Terra doesn’t really like sweets.”
“Noted, what about toppings and refreshments?”
“Castle’s still got us covered. If you thought the snack stash we had last night was big you haven’t seen anything yet.”
“Should I be amazed or worried, we all know how you get around sweets.”
“Ah don’t worry Aqua will cover that one for you in a heartbeat. Who you should be curious and more worried about would be Roxas, he’s not just Sora’s nobody ya know technically he’s mine too.”
“Fair point, I am quite curious.”
Chirithy bounces “You have your minds made up then don’t you.”
“Yep. Let's get started then. We do have a lot of people to cook for.” I say rushing past the both of them with pep and cheer. I take a right turn but quickly turn back saying “That is not the way to the kitchen.”
A snicker hangs at the edges of his question “Getting turned around in your own castle?”
“No. Just checking if it swapped on us the Castle of Departure changes its layout sometimes at random.”
“Hmm guess that's where Castle Oblivion gets it from.”
“Yeah. It keeps us on our toes, that's for sure.”
Got some more stuff from this chapter in Ven’s perspective
He softly nods and his smile turns to just the same “It reminds me of a few friends of mine…” he comes closer touching the stones at the edge of the balcony entrance with a strange fond thoughtfulness. I smile back at him as he looks to me and I soon agree. Yeah this castle reminds me of them too. He looks to the stones again, nodding before turning back towards me and saying “better not keep the new ones waiting.”
I nod “Right! Let’s go then the kitchen is this way.”
He smiled and followed as I led. Both of us then carefully tread past our dearest friends so we could make a feast truly celebrating our amends and newfound peace. You’ll join us soon Strelitzia I’m sure of it as long as my heart remains my guiding key. I’m careful with the flour so it won’t be lost and make me sneeze but the sneeze came anyway. I smile. It's time to welcome our two search’s true dawning days.

Last edited:

Alexxio M.

Awards
Wow haven’t posted here in a while time for some updates in famous new identities has chapter 1 split into a dream sequence and the actual chapter as well as chapter 2 having its dream sequence already posted on Ao3 i have made a backstory map for Lauriam and Strelitzia and now most of the chapters in in famous new identities will be split up like chapter 1 and will have backstory stuff relegated to dream sequences and small snippet flashbacks caused by the things Scala hides behind it’s walls and the objects and stories within that Ephemer and Brain have left them. Here’s a link to the story so far

chapter snippets and future plan for it and other things will be shared momentarily i hope you enjoy.

Alexxio M.

Awards
Heyo everyone here is the chapter plan for in famous new identities
note all chapters regardless of weather or not it has a dream sequence are conceived and written as a single chapter so the form it takes on ao3 is different

concept chapter/ ao3 chapters- title- extra notes
Chapter1/ chapter 1 & 2- identites anew in a brand new world and its prologue dream sequence
Chapter2/ chapter 3 & 4- Endless Gifts Endless Apologies and its prologue dream sequence
Chapter 2.5/ chapter 4.5- The Light of Strelitzia’s lullaby- separate story in songfic format that takes place in between ao3 chapters 4 and 5
Chapter 3/ chapter 5- a humble yet famous home
Chapter 4/chapter 6 & 7- New and Old Roles and it’s prologue dream sequence
Chapter 5/ Chapter 8 (&9)- To eclipse the apocalypse- this one’s dream sequence may not need its own chapter
chapter 6/ chapter 9 /10 & 10/11- History’s key and it’s eye still watching me and its prologue dream sequence
Chapter 7/chapter 11/12- In famous new identities- due to landing on significant numbers for Lauriam and Elrena the dream sequence for this one wont be split from the rest of the chapter this one will be the longest I’m sure.

Last edited:

Alexxio M.

Awards
Here’s some extra headcanon stuff
first all the union leaders + player and Elrena are multilingual in the guardían chronicles with Brain knowing the most languages and Strelitzia and Elrena being tied with the least languages. Here are each of the languages they can speak.

name- natives- learned in school- learned from friends
Brain- English, Scottish Gaelic and Latin- French- Irish Gaelic & Sign Language learned from Ephemer and Skuld
Ephemer- Both forms of Gaelic & English- Latin- Sign Language learned from Player
Skuld- Both forms of Gaelic & English- Latin- Sign Language learned from Player
Lauriam- Irish Gaelic & English- Latin- Sign Language learned from Ephemer and Skuld
Ven- Greek & English- N/A- Irish Gaelic & Sign Language learned from Ephemer and Skuld
Player- English & Sign Language- Latin- Irish Gaelic learned from Ephemer and Skuld
Strelitzia- Irish Gaelic & English- Latin- N/A
Elrena- English & French- Latin- N/A
As a result of Ven knowing Sign Language Vanitas and Roxas both know it as well all of Roxas’ other languages though are from Sora who only knows English and Vanitas knows everything Ven does. This Roxas detail won’t come up again for a while and the story it’ll be in isn’t even gonna be in the same Guardian Gaiden but I thought I would bring it up here anyway.

Second player is selectively mute

Third the all the union leaders + Player and Elrena can understand/ read all the languages above to certain extents

Fourth player uses They/Them pronouns to act as a y/n equivalant but all descriptions of them that aren’t extrapolated from the games will either be a reference to dandelion seeds and other works by Corishadowfang or my own player character. This also applies to Missing links Player/ Xehanort’s care taker .

next last names for all of them except Player
Blaine (Brain) LuCroix- Coming from Lux and the French word for Cross
Ephemer Dantelios- Coming from Dante as in Dante’s Inferno, Dandelion and Leo Latin for lion
Skuld Wellsgard- Coming from Asgard as well as the well of fate that the Norns guard and feed Yggdrasil with and Odin lost his eye to peer through.
Lauriam & Strelitzia Clavitiros- a combination of the Latin words for key, life and rose
Ventus Montinimbus- coming from mons Latin for mountain and cumulonimbus clouds so his name in full technically means wind of the mountain clouds.
Elrena Tonnebois- one letter off from translating from French into to the English last name Thunderwood.

Then I have names for the foretellers keyblades as well as new Keyblade names for Lauriam, Strelitzia, Elrena, Vanitas and Hikaru
first the foretellers
Ava- Cloudseeker’s Victoire- inspired by its cloud like design as well as the french word for victory and the word for a female fox vixen
Gula- Thundues Tonos- Thunder + dues ex machina + the latin word for a tone or sound
Invi- Valiant Vapierion- Valiant + Viper+ Hyperion+ pier
Aced- Mons Ursilon- Latin for mountain and Ursae Epsilon the brightest star in Ursa Major
and Ira- Unio Equinence- Union+ Equine a word used to describe horses and horse like creatures + Excellence & Essence

Now for the keyblades of the others
note Keyblade evolution is basically a new name for the keyblade leveling system in union cross and the upgrade system in kh3
Lauriam’s new Keyblade will be called Duskless Dahlia referencing not only his previous organization weapon and dusks the name for the common nobody but also one of the masters lines in the finale. Once Strelitzia returns his blade will evolve into Ros Revivianos coming from the latin words for rose and life as well as the words reunion and revive.

Elrena used to wield Olympia before switching to Fairy Stars after becoming a dandelion both keyblades as well as her knives will be incorporated into the design of her new Keyblade Stellaris Voltaire which takes its name from the Latin word for star, Polaris the north star, Voltage and the French suffix ~aire. Like Lauriam her Keyblade will evolve once Strelitzia returns evolving into Prima Zoltaire coming from the term primadonna, the phrase in their prime, premier and the word Zolt carrying over the ~aire suffix from before

Strelitzia owns a starlight +31 at the time of her death but after returning from quadratum and reuniting with her brother it will evolve into Lux Floranova coming from Lux, the Latin word for flowers and the words supernova and deluxe

after reconciliating with Ventus Vani’s Void gear will evolve into wayward chromos deriving its name from Ventus’ wayward wind, the word chromatic and the word monochrome

finally Hikaru owns the Keyblade Daybreak Cruxion which takes inspiration from Daybreak Town, the French word for cross and the words reunion and eon.

Last edited:

Alexxio M.

Awards
Here is the backstory map for Lauriam and Strelitzia from Lauriam’s earliest memory up until their arrival at daybreak town. Must read In famous new identities chapter one before reading. Also Lauriam’s age is listed first before the events.
Enjoy

Last edited:

Alexxio M.

Awards
Hello everyone I have two new chapter snippets to share with you 1st the beginning of In Famous New Identities concept chapter number 2
which includes a03 chapter 3 of the same story which is already released.
Italics represent a character's thoughts while italics in regular quotes tell you it’s something said in a flashback and disregarding the replies of the perspective character tells you it's a dream flashback. italics that have a format break meaning they’re surrounded by squiggles are still a character's thoughts they are just separated from the memories to show that those thoughts aren’t related to them directly. Italics surrounded by paragraph breaks represent writing and finally a paragraph break followed by a line of 13 squiggles and with text right under tells you that the dream is over. With all this in mind, we are in Lauriam's perspective and I hope you enjoy this snippet.

Alexxio M.

Awards
The first Christmas after we escaped she received mother’s last gift to her. It was a shame it wasn’t wrapped by the same hands. But she didn’t care that night she wound up the music box again and again and again until she couldn’t do it anymore. You’d think that an older brother would be annoyed by the constant chimes but after she was soothed by the melody I couldn't help but wind it up again until I did the same. For my first birthday after we escaped the best she could do was a bouquet of flowers and a charm bracelet that one of the weavers of the hunting tribe we were staying with helped her make and similarly I cherished the flowers for as long as we were there and wore the bracelet for even longer until the paint faded away.
~~~~~~~​
Are melodies and flowers enough for someone I've done nothing but harm to?
~~~~~~~​
I wrote her a poem for a birthday card that same year and bought her new boots for the coming winter. She liked them, treasuring the card a bit more.
~~~~~~~​
Are words and more material gifts the way to reconnect to someone I've shared nothing but lies with and given so much abuse and neglect to?
~~~~~~~​
I didn’t wish for anything that Christmas but she somehow managed to get a new notebook for me. She had drawn cartoony representations of ourselves holding hands and flowers and wrote a poem alongside it all by herself on the first page. I’m in somewhat stunned silence because despite having found shelter with Mr.Noah late that autumn the season wasn’t too kind to him either. Upon seeing my stunned face she looked between the gifts Santa, Mr. Noah and I had given her that year and the single pair of new boots from Mr.Noah still waiting for me to unwrap and said “I’m sorry I couldn’t get you something more like a gift this year big brother.” I shook my head and immediately embraced her “Oh, Strelitzia don’t be sorry you’ve already given plenty… All I wanted for Christmas this year was to spend more time with you after all.”
She smiled, “Then I guess we both got a Christmas miracle.
I gave a small chuckle. “Indeed we have.”

Our last town was close enough to Daybreak Town for me to feel comfortable spending most of her birthday that year wandering through the town together with semi reckless abandon. As we picnicked for lunch with the kind farmer who gave us shelter Mr. Adomus and his daughter Dahlianne, nostalgia from what felt like an even more ancient past than it is now, embraced me through the soft summer wind. Strelitzia’s new dress and bows played with that wind in a similar way to the 6 dandelions we blew out like candles that day. They also played with my heart just as well as the wind did, causing me to embarrassingly blurt thank you before Mr. Adomus could even open the basket. That night I wondered if the seeds would find new people to amaze and fill with wonder in the streets of Daybreak Town. I wondered for just a moment if I would meet them but figured it was pretty unlikely.
~~~~~~~​
How wrong I was for it was foretold from the moment we stepped through the shining purple and gold gates.
~~~~~~~
Our last Christmas before arriving at Daybreak Town I bought her 2 things a new sun hat perfect for the dawn that we arrive at our waypoint and a sketchbook for her sketching skills had improved rapidly since she gave me that notebook and she had also said that she wanted to capture every new amazing view she came across. We couldn't afford a camera so that was the next best thing. She loved it of course and the first thing she sketched was the music box. Its slightly brassy wooden parts now shining a little more thanks to the handiwork of Mr. Adomus and I. The box that night happily rewound for us again and again and again until we couldn’t do it anymore, soothed by the melodies memories, and the thought of the dawn ahead.

You two have so much in common. Maybe all of these grand gestures are the key to reaching redemption. Redemption on this front is puzzling though, what does it mean? What does it entail? Even back then you never stopped giving me endless gifts and endless forgiveness. What's stopping me from giving gifts in the same way again? I truly do regret it so what's stopping me from apologizing just as much and just as truly?
Flashes of friendly faces I yearn to see are followed by sadder shyer ones that I wish to set free and brilliantly relight anew.
No, don’t sink further into sleep. Don’t let your regret make you forget you still have so much work to do.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~​
I awoke abruptly once more but with a little less franticness than yesterday for I was now fully aware of where I was. 6 chimes ring out echoing across town. At least I got more sleep this time… I feel for my Clavis and untuck it from my shirt before sitting up completely and looking to the bed. She is still fast asleep once again. I stand, stretch and then head to the kitchen leaving my notebook behind and grabbing a slice of bread to feed our little neighbors. They take it with glee and I once again look to the horizon skipping another stone. It goes farther than last time 13 mild hops before sinking. Thirteen people all swallowed by darkness spreading it to others who never deserved it… Why did I not reach out sooner? All that power was such a waste where is it now? Like all nobodies she was a blank slate but unlike the rest of us she was pure and bright Axel saw it why didn’t I? You carried me through it all, why didn’t I notice? Why when I made you do those horrible things did I not listen to your cries “no… not like this.” I clutch my clavis and hold it to the sky.
Plants are fragile things. Famine strikes like no other yet after it all, my only desire is to plant another seed. Is it foolish? Probably but it feels like the only way forward in my pursuit of you. I mustn’t falter, I will not falter just wait for me and we’ll reap what we sow soon enough.
Larks chirp nearby and the ducks quacking finally startle me out of my daze.
You're right, I should get started before she wakes…
I head inside quiet as a mouse and with the light of dawn begin my next entry.

Journal of Reunions and Redemption Day 2

The memories surrounding me beget my thoughts, thoughts beget more of my memories and with that regret comes not too far after. For in my dream the idea of the gift to forgive and of receiving forgiveness echoed throughout. When I landed I recklessly searched for you and chased any trace I could. After a long time though the biggest yet most untrustworthy trace reared its head I dove in chasing like I always had recklessly and desperately. A power was laid at my feet the power of darkness and desperately I took it and in light of my wretched state I couldn’t help but revel in it as I continued to chase. But I chased now in circles coming close multiple times to losing sight of what it was that I was chasing. She chased something too they all did but I stopped her from chasing in my own pursuit of you. I used you and her for misguided means and when stripped of my power all I could do was blindly continue to chase in circles.
I rejoined the organization in my second chase darkness making me numb to the regret from my previous. But when I encountered Sora in the Kingdom of Corona the memories that darkness obscured alongside your fragments started getting stronger, harder to ignore his confused gaze stuck out with something familiar and I had the strange urge to connect with that familiarity and make the confusion disappear from his face. Was that perhaps the Ven in him and Roxas calling to me pushing me to snap out of it telling me that the person they were seeing wasn’t me. I may never know but that urge sparked the fire that was my heart and when Xemnas told us why he re recruited us it only fanned the flames. After Sora defeated me for the second time the light finally burst from those sparking calls and all my memories returned alongside my heart. I remembered my waypoint even though it never left and once again I started to chase.
This time though I’m chasing much more than our reunion for I now chase the gift of both her forgiveness and yours. The gifts I shared with you on our journey to Daybreak Town never failed to comfort you as did yours for me and in this new world filled with potential I can’t help but yearn for them once again and to give similar gifts to those I’ve wronged in my chases. But maybe it’s too much to want her forgiveness no, it’s the gift of redemption that I’m after. But what does that mean and what does that entail? I’ll need to think on it more as we continue exploring our new trails and with the dawn and chime of the clock I promise you we’ll continue finding a way without fail. Planting and reaping the rewards of redemption and reunion as soon as we can. Another gift will soon wake and like the music box I’ll be sure to treasure it. Every tomorrow we spend will get us closer to what we wish to achieve so please continue sketching those new dawns as you wait for me. We'll be sure to frame them in our hearts forevermore.
A daybreaks regards,
Union Leader Lauriam

The chime of 6:30 continues to echo as I lay down my pen and look to the bed once more, finding her still resting. She’ll probably wake hungry. A small grumble escapes from me as well. I guess I should start fixing up breakfast.
I carefully make my way to the kitchen quickly finding a cooking pan and starting with the eggs. Tapping to a familiar melody as they sizzled on the stove.

Last edited:

Alexxio M.

Awards
Heyo everyone here’s the beginning part of the dream sequence in concept chapter 4 for In Famous New Identities. We‘re in Lauriam’s perspective and notes from chapter 2 apply here as well. Enjoy

A split second flash came over us when we walked through those gates. A stained glass window greeted me with 5 symbols. “Huh? This isn’t the town we saw from the other side. Where am I? Where is Strelitzia?” A voice of unknown origin echos “You and your sister are safe and have indeed crossed through the gates of Daybreak Town… You both have successfully dived into your respective hearts, you are both worthy of the key.”
“Key as in the Keyblade?”
“Indeed the Keyblade… But there are still some things to be done.”
“I’m ready.”
“Look deep inside your heart… You’ve come very far but this is where your new journey begins…” The symbols on the glass start to glow and float upward and the voice returns “This town is governed by 7 but wielders follow 1 of 5 leaders known as the foretellers each one with a union of their own… To which union does your heart belong?”
The symbols surround me: a fox, a leopard, a viper, a unicorn and finally a bear. Then robed figures appear beside them with masks to match their symbol. “Are those the leaders?”
“Indeed.”
Another flash and their blades appeared. All of them looked strong but only one looked best for protection. My heart reaches out to it “You have reached out to the symbol of the Ursus Union led by the fearless Aced. Is this the union where your heart truly belongs?”
“Yes.”
“Good…” the symbols and the figures disappear as darkness begins to creep closer from the edge. I quickly stepped back and braced myself “What’s happening?!”
The voice simply answered “Don’t be afraid…” before the darkness enveloped me.
“No, I must walk on. If I’m worthy, please lend me your strength .”
My hand glows and then the blade flashed before me, dissipating the darkness. The voice echoes once more “The keyblade holds the power of light, the power to drive away the darkness… Its name is Starlight and will only listen to your command. If you shall need it, reach for it with your heart and it will come. Use it wisely and follow your heart.”
“I will.”
“Good then on the behalf of the Master of Masters himself I welcome you to Daybreak Town. May your heart be your guiding key.”
Then I’m jolted back to reality, the leathery hilt of Starlight firmly in my grasp and the awestruck smile of Strelitzia greeting me with a familiar warmth. After confirming that we were both alright we unsummoned our blades and looked upon the town with wonder. I for the first time in a long time and her extra enthusiastically. Although she still held tight to my hand and tended to shrink a little when the other wielders came close. I led her through town slowly “New Keyblade wielders with money please come on down!” shouts an older wielder from his megaphone. We followed his voice and waited at a station marked with the Ursus symbol. I remember the kind smile of Theodorus, the volunteer who met us and led us to the Ursus welcome center and how it lifted you up when he reached out his hand to say hello. Making our first connection in town, he welcomed us and answered our many questions about living in Daybreak Town on the way to the welcome center. We then signed in to the registry and were again led by Theodorus who talked more about the sights of the town and what we were meant to do with our new blades on the way to the fountain square. At this point Strelitzia was beginning to notice all the Chirithy running about and had gathered up the courage to ask about the charming creatures.
Excuse me Theodorus, what are those creatures standing by the other wielders called?
Ah those are Chirithy they are magic creatures that drive away bad dreams and guide those with strong hearts. Every wielder in town has one. Actually I reckon that yours should appear very soon.
Just as his statement finished two puffs of smoke appeared and from them two Chirithy. They sniff around a little and the smaller of the two looks around in a shy sort of awe “It’s so crowded… are you sure we’ll be able to find them?” the other Chirithy responds with a reassuring tone “Yes I’m sure we’ll find our wielders no matter what. They might even come for us.
The small one nods and smiles “Alrighty then if you say so. I sure hope they are nice wielders.
I’m sure they will be…” The taller of the two trails off slightly as she picks up a scent “Hey big brother they’re just like us and they're so cute too maybe they are ours.
Theodorus smiles “You're right I think we found your match. Come on, why don’t we go say hello.
Eh, you really think so?
Yeah I do… You know what I’ll call them over here.
Now it’s my turn. “Wait a minute I think they have already noticed us, let's not cause a commotion and just meet them where they are.”
He nods “Sure can do.” and Strelitzia smiles, gaining just enough confidence to run just a little ahead this time. The tall Chirithy taps the little one's shoulder gently “Look Chirithy I think those are our wielders.
She perks up “Really!? Oh boy I’m not ready. Does my fur look okay?
The big Chirithy gives a small chuckle before both she and Strelitzia say “It looks wonderful,” catching both Chirithys off guard and causing them to bounce back a bit as they exclaim “Whoa it’s you!
Strelitzia chuckles “Yep sure is. Sorry if I startled you two back there.
The bigger of the two quickly shakes her head “No worries, no worries it was sudden but a pleasant surprise.
Great, I'm glad you're both okay.”
Theodorus smiles beside her as I too reach her side “Chirithy these are your wielders.” He says motioning toward us inviting us to introduce ourselves. Strelitzia smiles and nods, kneeling down to meet the two of them “Hi there I’m Strelitzia it’s nice to meet you.”

Alexxio M.

Awards
Here’s a part towards the middle of the same dream sequence. There’s a reference to something that happens in between the two portions regarding Strelitzia being exited to get her own room and Daphie is short for Daphnitys.

We spent the afternoon unpacking and exploring town, learning about our Chirithy and time flew until the stars shone anew. She climbed into her new bed with Chirithy and Daphnitys by her side seemingly drifting to sleep soundly and sweetly as I left the room and tucked myself in reflecting on the day before drifting myself. However that was not the case as after a few minutes a small creak came from my doorway, the rays from the hall light stirring me from my slumber. “Huh? Strelitzia, what's wrong?” I ask with a slight yawn still in my voice.
I couldn’t fall asleep.
“Why's that you had Chirithy and Daphie with you didn’t you?”
Chirithy says she can’t help me fall asleep, she says that's not how their magic works and Daphie is just a stuffed animal. The bed's too big for someone like me alone and the darkness comes too close.
I give a tired but reassuring and understanding smile “Heh, alrighty then come on up.”
With that invitation she quickly heads to the other side of the bed and settles in under the covers “Woah biting back your words huh? You missed my snores that much?”
She perks up and kicks out under the covers “ouch!”
No way! I missed you!
“Hey no need to fuss, I was only teasing… To be honest I missed you too.”
Really?
“Mhm always… but you’re growing and I am too. So beginning at some point, sometimes when I miss you I won’t be able to really do anything about it.”
She cuddles up closer “hmm yeah I know…I wanna hold onto this then for as long I can.
I support her with a slight embrace “Me too my dear me too. Just know that I’ll always be here and I’ll hold on for as long as you need whenever you need for as long as I live.”
She nods and nestles deeper.
Big brother, it's truly wonderful here. I wanna hold on to it too but I miss home just as much. Do you think we can really hold on to both of them?
“Yeah I do… In fact I’m holding on to them right now.” I say in a somewhat humorous matter of fact manor adjusting the white blanket to raise it above her shoulder and holding her a little closer
Heh I guess so… It’s all so new. The world seems so much bigger now.
“Indeed it does but I’m sure we'll make mom and dad proud up there in the stars…”
I know you’ll be great at that.
“And you’ll do even greater after all everything is brighter when you’re around. But to achieve that greatness first we must start early.”
Heh I knew you’d say something like that…” Her voice trails off sleepily as she nestles ever closer to my heart and tries but fails to prevent her content sigh from turning into a small yawn that sneaks its way through the last bits of her train of thought. “Alrighty then, ‘night big brother. Sweet dreams.
I smiled widely yet still tiredly as I answered in my own half asleep whisper “‘night my dear Strelitzia. I hope your dreams will be as bright as you tonight. Siuil a Ruin Strelitzia dawn is closer than you think…” before kissing her on the forehead and letting her soft murmurs lead me through drifting dreams and their blissfully peaceful memories. My heart was filled with hope that night but the next morning I awoke somewhat abruptly because the notion that it could all be pulled right from under us managed somehow to creep in those last moments. I steadied myself quickly not daring to wake Strelitzia but still whispering “So this wasn’t a dream after all huh?”
Chirithy answered straightforwardly “Yep, yesterday was all real. Sorry for waking you so abruptly back there you can’t be too sure how a person would react when you kick them out of their own dream after all.
“So that was you?”
Sure was…
“Why?”
Well you sure do a good job of hiding it from them but you haven’t adjusted fully either have you? I wanted to reassure you that's all. The foretellers and the master are not tricking you; they provide Daybreak Town safety and lots of wealth so all your needs are guaranteed to be fully accounted for. Through your missions you’ll still hafta earn your keep but other than that education and entertainment sources are abundant and mostly free, the neighborhoods and sights are splendid and friendly and the streets stay safe. You’ll be cared for and supported here, no doubts about it.
“Thanks Chirithy it’s all still so hard to believe though mysterious even. You're meant to guide us right? Then can I inquire about our leaders a bit, surely you know a few things.”
I do know a fair bit… What do you wish to know?
“When I chose my union the voice said this town was governed by 7 but we only follow 1 of 5 who are the rest of them, what about the 6th one as well as the master and why so fragmented.”
Woah slow down you’re quite inquisitive aren’t ya.
“Well we are new here and I hope to make staying here permanent… for both our sakes.”
I see well the Master is my and the other Chirithy’s creator so all of us owe it to him to guide his disciples and by proxy theirs as well. He founded this town with the foretellers and his most trusted apprentice giving each their own keyblade and new names to match.
“Interesting… Are the foretellers the ones who wear the animal masks?”
Yes they are.
“What are their names?”
Well there’s the prudent and kind Lady Ava who wears the mask of the fox, the levelheaded yet wayward Master Gula who wears the mask of the leopard, the virtuous and fair Lady Invi who wears the mask of the snake, the reliable and patient leader Master Ira who wears the mask of the unicorn and finally as you know the fearless and driven Master Aced who wears the mask of the bear. All of them are seen around town quite frequently to congratulate the wielders who get the most lux, give lessons, participate in special events and holidays and generally take care of the town. The Unions are there to encourage friendly competition between foretellers and weilder’s alike and they are kept separate yet equal to keep the light in balance.
“What about his most trusted apprentice then?”
Well I don’t know much, Master Luxu rarely comes out to town after all but I assure you he is both strong and sharp minded, wandering around at the master’s behest to keep Daybreak Town safe.
“Hmph I see… Well now that I feel a little better about our leaders, why don’t we get started.”
Strelitzia’s Chirithy pops in now as they both question “We?
“Yeah you two must be starving. Strelitzia is still sound asleep after all and my dream wasn’t that much of a nightmare either.”
Oh no we Chirithy don’t really eat human food even though we are not allergic or really opposed to it.
“But you must be tired standing guard like that all night. I’m sure I can find something for you two to curl up on.”
Chirithy don’t need sleep either.
“Then how do you have so much energy?”
We get energy from positivity too, you know. When you dream and reinforce good memories within them your heart gets stronger. Since we are also connected to your heart it gives us a boost just like you.
“I guess that makes sense… She’ll wake hungry though and you’ve done so much for us already I’d hate to let it go unrewarded. You said yourself you weren't opposed to having human food. I'm sure you two wouldn’t mind something sweet.”
Strelitzia’s Chirithy perks up “Sweets you say?
“Well that's another thing you two have in common. Come on, we should get started soon.”
All right!” she squeaks cheerily bounding off the nightstand and into the hall
My Chirithy bounces after her “Hey be careful and wait for me, I wanna help too.
I chuckle “Both of you are gonna need to wait a little bit. The pans are too heavy for you and I need to get Strelitzia off my shoulder. I need to unpack something special before she wakes too.”
My Chirithy perks up curiously “Oh and what might that be?
“A heirloom of ours that I’ve been waiting to don for a while.”
I see… We’ll leave you to it then call us when you're ready.
“Alright I will.”
They both poof away as I gently lay her on the pillow, head to my suitcase and sort through the clothes to get to the special suit hidden at the bottom. I gently feel the fabrics soft on the edges and inside with a fuzzy stiffness at the core as familiar as it is foreign for this suit wasn’t originally my pride but it still used to be and in ways still is a big comfort. I stop and reflect a bit before heading to the changing room.
Athair, ceapaim go mb’fhéidir go mbeinn réidh anois fiú má tá cuma rómhór ar do chulaith i mo mhála taistil fós. B’fhéidir go n-oibreoidh draíocht mo mháthar nuair a chuirim orm féin é. Geallaim duit go gcaithfidh mé é le bród.
One change later and it was finally done. I was so thrilled that mother was right.
Mothaíonn do chulaith beagán meáchain ar mo ghualainn ach ar ndóigh luíonn sé fós dom mar a dúirt máthair go ndéanfadh. Geallaim duit go n-iompróidh mé gach rud a theastaíonn uaithi is cuma cé mhéad meáchan atá ar mo ghualainn.
I find both Chirithy waiting at the counter. They compliment my new suit and I smile, petting them as I walk on past and reach for the pans in the cupboard. We chat away as we finally get started on prepping breakfast. We are just about ready to serve when Strelitzia wakes saying good morning with a wide shining smile and a sweet cheer in her voice “Good morning big brother oh and you too Chirithy.
We responded in kind “Good morning to you too, Strelitzia.
She comes closer, “It smells delicious, you made my favorite.
I smile “Of course, I did my dear.”
She returns my smile briefly before both Chirithy say “We helped make it too.
Oh really.
Yep, you betcha.
She comes closer to pet the both of them and with a radiant smile and chuckling tone says “That’s wonderful it’ll surely make it even sweeter.
They both reply bashfully but happily receive the praise “Aw shucks thanks.
Of course.” She says before coming to meet me and finally noticing my suit. Giving a quick gasp of surprise she immediately came to embrace me practically bouncing into me with an expression of pure joy “Oh Laurie you're wearing it! You’re finally wearing it!
I steady myself from the impact and nod, returning the embrace “Yeah I am. Today’s a new start after all so I thought it would be the perfect time to don this with pride.”
Mhm. It's perfect, it really does suits you.
“Yeah it fits just the way I thought it would…” I trail off as the embrace ends and I begin serving her plate. Her laughter and satisfaction rings true even now. We knew new connections awaited us though so our meal was finished quickly. Our prediction was proven correct shortly after we finished as a knock came to our door as I was tidying up and Strelitzia was finishing tying her bows.
We answered synchronously “Coming.” but only she managed to race ahead and get the door.
To be greeted by a loud and slightly gruff yet friendly “Hi ya neighbor!
Eh! Wha?..
Huh? I said hi ya!” She backs away from the door uncertain and still somewhat shocked by the rowdy entrance of our visitor. I come quickly to her side placing my hand on her shoulder as another more dignified voice says “Alrighty we’re done.
Oi Tristen what gives?
I rebounded the question right back at them “Yeah, who are you? What business do you have with us barging in here.”
Hey we knocked.
“That doesn’t excuse your frankly blustering entrance.”
The dignified voice comes again apologizing for his rowdy friend with a friendly reassuring smile “This is why I said I was gonna be the one who starts us off… Sorry about him Lyle here tends to forget that he runs his mouth louder than most folks. But I assure you despite the bluster he didn’t mean any harm by it.
Strelitzia loosens up from my hand a little bit seemingly reassured by this visitor's more welcoming tone but I am more skeptical saying “Alright then that explains him but what about you and the business you guys seem to think you have here?”
He answers again with a friendly tone “Ah the names Tristen and we’re your new neighbors. We thought we’d come to give you guys a warm welcome and help you guys find a good first mission but this rascal had to just barge in and ruin it.
Hey I’m right here.
And why should that stop me Lyle you really ought to apologize before asking for favor.
“Alright I’m sorry for ruining your welcome plan.”
Tristen shakes his head “No not to me apologize to them. You did just cause quite the startling ruckus especially considering the one who answered the door.
Aw shucks your right…” Lyle replies before turning to mainly Strelitzia with an apologetic and somewhat sheepish smile continuing on with his train of thought “Heh, sorry if I gave you a fright back there I didn’t mean to scare ya honest.
Strelitzia takes a quick glance between me and Tristen who gives a slight reassuring nod that I swore I’ve received before but from two much different people. That nod made me loosen my hand from her shoulder in turn making her smile return as she faced Lyle once more. Chuckling slightly before shaking her head and saying “no worries you're welcome wasn’t scary it was just sudden that’s all.
Lyle’s smile grows wide. “Great, glad you're alright then.
She nods “Mhm actually I’ve never been better.
Tristen’s smile turns relieved now as he returns a smaller chuckle and says “That’s a relief. But with our introductions out of the way, what about you two? What are your names?
I loosen completely as I introduce the both of us “Ah right the name’s Lauriam and this is my little sister. Glad it seems like our neighbors are people of their word. Thanks for the welcome.”
No problem.” they say almost synchronously as I shake Tristen’s hand.
A bond I never thought I’d forget… I’m sorry Tristen. I wish I could've noticed and I wish that I could’ve asked. But now after remembering again it only drives me forward. You wouldn’t want me to dwell on regret anyways and you deserve it after all this time and seeing all those terrible waves of war and longing wandering, moments of destruction and deeds I've done. To see me rise again and see our reunion through no matter what. I’ve got my own batch of honorary siblings now after all. I'm sure you would’ve loved to meet them.
Tristen smiles warmly as he turns toward Strelitzia and asks “So you two are brother and sister huh. What’s your name?
Mhm and he’s the best. Anyways my name is Strelitzia. It’s so nice to meet the both of you.
Lyle's smile turns sheepish once again “Aw shucks.
Tristen chuckled more heartily this time “I think he means it’s our pleasure.
Strelitzia returns the chuckle back as she too shakes Tristen’s hand “I’m charmed. So glad it’s the same for you.” She shakes Lyle’s too before the clock tower gives 7 big chimes and a single small one.
Shoot, it's 7:30 already. Man, we better get going to the mission board the earlier the mission the bigger the rewards after all.
“Ok, what do you suggest I pack?”
All your favorite snacks and perhaps a pair of sandwiches but leave space for potions and treasure. We'll help stock up on healing and magic-restoring items before we portal away. We never quite know how long missions will get. The heartless are sneaky creatures after all. But if we face them together they oft don’t stand a chance.
“Great, I'll get to it then.”
Meet you in the downstairs common room.
I nod “Sure see you soon.”
Strelitzia’s Chirithy teleports into her arms “ woo hoo a new adventure!
Laughter rings between us all as Strelitzia and I pet her Chirithy cementing the moment in our hearts. As we headed to the mission board I was filled with hope and happiness seeing Strelitzia smile beside me, silently wondering to myself who else I might meet in the brand new world.
I wonder what other new connections await me here in Scala ad Caelum? I wonder how else this place could be the key to rekindling and mending my old ones.

Last edited:

Alexxio M.

Awards
alright this is a long time coming here are some of the extra details in concept chapter 4 of In Famous New Identities.
first oc name origins
Theodorus is named after the teddy bear
Daphnitys is a stuffed horse named after two greek nymphs Daphne and Pitys
and finally Tristen and Lyle get their names from the thistle

next, we have the choosing the union scene. It of course takes its cues from the union-choosing scene in union cross just with a little bit of extra detail. first the one talking to Lauriam is Luxu's Chirithy. Second, The "is this where your heart truly belongs?" line is taken from kh1's dive to the heart. Finally, the "don't be afraid." line is also straight from kh1's dive to the heart.

Then we have all the info about chirithy's and Lauriam and Strelitzia's Chirithy in particular.
as we know from canon that Chirithy don't need to eat or sleep. but then how do they get energy when their weilders have good dreams instead of bad ones? Simple the power of memory and memory reinforcement.
Using Brain's Chirithy as an example we can also infer that Chirithy resemble their wielders. So given how their Chirithy act around one another and what they are doing when they are introduced strelitzia's comment about them being just like her and her brother is very apt. This personality transference is most clearly seen with Lauriam's Chirithy with her tendency to comfort people in way that is like an older sibling she's almost like what Lauriam would actually be like if his trauma didn't happen mixed with the generally cheerful wise beyond years vibe that Chirithy gives off already. Strelitzia's Chirithy has this happen to her too having a shy, well-mannered, and sweet demeanor while also clearly having a curious and adventurous side.

finally Gaelic translations
1. Athair, ceapaim go mb’fhéidir go mbeinn réidh anois fiú má tá cuma rómhór ar do chulaith i mo mhála taistil fós. B’fhéidir go n-oibreoidh draíocht mo mháthar nuair a chuirim orm féin é. Geallaim duit go gcaithfidh mé é le bród.
Roughly translates to Father I think I might be ready now even though your suit still looks too big in my suitcase. Maybe mothers magic will work once I actually put it on. I promise you I'll wear it with pride.

2. Mothaíonn do chulaith beagán meáchain ar mo ghualainn ach ar ndóigh luíonn sé fós dom mar a dúirt máthair go ndéanfadh. Geallaim duit go n-iompróidh mé gach rud a theastaíonn uaithi is cuma cé mhéad meáchan atá ar mo ghualainn.
Roughly translates to your suit feels a little weighty on my shoulders but of course, it still fits just like mother said it would. I promise you I'll carry everything she needs no matter how much more weight is on my shoulders.

Alexxio M.

Awards
Heyo everyone I’ve completed the missing portions between the beginning and middle of chapter 4’s dream sequence here it is.
Heyo everyone here’s the beginning part of the dream sequence in concept chapter 4 for In Famous New Identities. We‘re in Lauriam’s perspective and notes from chapter 2 apply here as well. Enjoy

A split second flash came over us when we walked through those gates. A stained glass window greeted me with 5 symbols. “Huh? This isn’t the town we saw from the other side. Where am I? Where is Strelitzia?” A voice of unknown origin echos “You and your sister are safe and have indeed crossed through the gates of Daybreak Town… You both have successfully dived into your respective hearts, you are both worthy of the key.”
“Key as in the Keyblade?”
“Indeed the Keyblade… But there are still some things to be done.”
“I’m ready.”
“Look deep inside your heart… You’ve come very far but this is where your new journey begins…” The symbols on the glass start to glow and float upward and the voice returns “This town is governed by 7 but wielders follow 1 of 5 leaders known as the foretellers each one with a union of their own… To which union does your heart belong?”
The symbols surround me: a fox, a leopard, a viper, a unicorn and finally a bear. Then robed figures appear beside them with masks to match their symbol. “Are those the leaders?”
“Indeed.”
Another flash and their blades appeared. All of them looked strong but only one looked best for protection. My heart reaches out to it “You have reached out to the symbol of the Ursus Union led by the fearless Aced. Is this the union where your heart truly belongs?”
“Yes.”
“Good…” the symbols and the figures disappear as darkness begins to creep closer from the edge. I quickly stepped back and braced myself “What’s happening?!”
The voice simply answered “Don’t be afraid…” before the darkness enveloped me.
“No, I must walk on. If I’m worthy, please lend me your strength .”
My hand glows and then the blade flashed before me, dissipating the darkness. The voice echoes once more “The keyblade holds the power of light, the power to drive away the darkness… Its name is Starlight and will only listen to your command. If you shall need it, reach for it with your heart and it will come. Use it wisely and follow your heart.”
“I will.”
“Good then on the behalf of the Master of Masters himself I welcome you to Daybreak Town. May your heart be your guiding key.”
Then I’m jolted back to reality, the leathery hilt of Starlight firmly in my grasp and the awestruck smile of Strelitzia greeting me with a familiar warmth. After confirming that we were both alright we unsummoned our blades and looked upon the town with wonder. I for the first time in a long time and her extra enthusiastically. Although she still held tight to my hand and tended to shrink a little when the other wielders came close. I led her through town slowly “New Keyblade wielders with money please come on down!” shouts an older wielder from his megaphone. We followed his voice and waited at a station marked with the Ursus symbol. I remember the kind smile of Theodorus, the volunteer who met us and led us to the Ursus welcome center and how it lifted you up when he reached out his hand to say hello. Making our first connection in town, he welcomed us and answered our many questions about living in Daybreak Town on the way to the welcome center. We then signed in to the registry and were again led by Theodorus who talked more about the sights of the town and what we were meant to do with our new blades on the way to the fountain square. At this point Strelitzia was beginning to notice all the Chirithy running about and had gathered up the courage to ask about the charming creatures.
Excuse me Theodorus, what are those creatures standing by the other wielders called?
Ah those are Chirithy they are magic creatures that drive away bad dreams and guide those with strong hearts. Every wielder in town has one. Actually I reckon that yours should appear very soon.
Just as his statement finished two puffs of smoke appeared and from them two Chirithy. They sniff around a little and the smaller of the two looks around in a shy sort of awe “It’s so crowded… are you sure we’ll be able to find them?” the other Chirithy responds with a reassuring tone “Yes I’m sure we’ll find our wielders no matter what. They might even come for us.
The small one nods and smiles “Alrighty then if you say so. I sure hope they are nice wielders.
I’m sure they will be…” The taller of the two trails off slightly as she picks up a scent “Hey big brother they’re just like us and they're so cute too maybe they are ours.
Theodorus smiles “You're right I think we found your match. Come on, why don’t we go say hello.
Eh, you really think so?
Yeah I do… You know what I’ll call them over here.
Now it’s my turn. “Wait a minute I think they have already noticed us, let's not cause a commotion and just meet them where they are.”
He nods “Sure can do.” and Strelitzia smiles, gaining just enough confidence to run just a little ahead this time. The tall Chirithy taps the little one's shoulder gently “Look Chirithy I think those are our wielders.
She perks up “Really!? Oh boy I’m not ready. Does my fur look okay?
The big Chirithy gives a small chuckle before both she and Strelitzia say “It looks wonderful,” catching both Chirithys off guard and causing them to bounce back a bit as they exclaim “Whoa it’s you!
Strelitzia chuckles “Yep sure is. Sorry if I startled you two back there.
The bigger of the two quickly shakes her head “No worries, no worries it was sudden but a pleasant surprise.
Great, I'm glad you're both okay.”
Theodorus smiles beside her as I too reach her side “Chirithy these are your wielders.” He says motioning toward us inviting us to introduce ourselves. Strelitzia smiles and nods, kneeling down to meet the two of them “Hi there I’m Strelitzia it’s nice to meet you.”

The smaller of the two comes away from the bigger one's shadow a little bit as I come closer giving a small smile and wave before introducing myself “and my name is Lauriam. It's a pleasure.”
The bigger of the two nods smiling through her muzzle “The pleasure is all ours. I’m Chirithy and that is also Chirithy.” She says pointing to herself and then to the little one who has now journeyed closer to Strelitzia. Strelitzia welcomes her, of course offering a hand to pet her. The little one accepts it to both of their delight. “Your fur it’s so soft…
And your hand is so warm. It smells nice too, like flowers…” the little one trails off as Strelitzia’s hand moves toward the Chirithy's chin scratching it lightly causing the little one to purr pleasurably and twitch her foot tapping it with considerable speed.
Aw aren’t you the cutest little thing. Your name was Chirithy right?
Aw shucks… Yep, that's me.
“Interesting… so you all share the same name?” I ask.
The bigger one answers “Mhm. The Master knows how hard it is to meet so many new people so he gave us all the same name but unique personalities to match you guys and act as a friendly guiding face.
A very cute guiding face.” Strelitzia chimes in, bringing out a small chuckle from me and continuing to flatter not only the little one but my future Chirithy as well. The comment making her blush slightly as I too agreed with it “Indeed what helpful and charming little creatures you are. But if we call you the same thing and you look identical how can we know which one of you is coming? How would we tell the difference?”
The Chirithy that's linked to you will always come to you first unless your heart desires otherwise.
“I see… it would be nice though to differentiate between the two of you some other way.”
Strelitzia perks up, stopping her petting spree to say “Ooh then what about a nickname.
Her Chirithy perks up as well, clearly smitten with Strelitzia and the idea she set forth “A nickname sounds great.
Glad you think so. Hmm what about Cherub then?
I perk up now curious “Why Cherub?”
Well it starts with a C, they’re both cute and small and they're meant to guide us right? So I thought Cherub would be the perfect fit.” I nod agreeably as she turns back to her Chirithy asking “What do you think?
I love it, Strelitzia! I love it.” she squeaks as she bounces into Strelitzia’s arms. Strelitzia laughs after catching her “Oh I'm so glad you like it.”
My Chirithy puts her hands on her hips giving a small smile “Well I guess we got our problem solved. Right?
“Indeed we have.” I say returning a smirk before kneeling down to retrieve her. I give her a pet behind the ears before letting her climb up to the top of my suitcase and once she's secure I turn to Strelitzia and ask “Shall we get going?”
She stands holding Cherub close to her chest, both of them nodding cheerfully as Strelitzia responds “Mhm. I wonder where we’re going to live.
Theodorus gives a knowing and welcoming smile “Well your wonder should be fulfilled soon enough we have the perfect place waiting for you.
That’s wonderful, which way is it?
Right this way just follow me.
Alrighty.” “Coming right behind you.” We each respond before he leads us northwestward towards my future favorite spot and our new home.
After meeting the landlord, past a cozy common room and up a small flight of stairs we reach our destination. To find all our belongings ready to unpack in a mildly spacious ever welcoming apartment which she greets with pure joy and wonder.
Cherub hops out of her arms as we enter the apartment and she immediately bursts forward twirling around in the middle of the living room to take in the sights of the entire house. “Wow! This is wonderful! All our things made the trek without a scratch. We’ve got a kitchen, a cozy looking living room… ooh and an amazing view too!” My Chirithy hops on to the living room coffee table as I go to join her in admiring the view.
“It sure is grand.” I say enjoying the flowers on the parapet and her smile as she lets the smell sink in for a moment before turning around and checking out the small right wing hallway. A gasp of surprise soon followed. “Oh my goodness.
“What is it?”
There’s two bedrooms. I finally get to have my own room!
“You’ve had your own room before.”
I was a toddler back then, big brother. The nursery doesn’t count.
It still counts to me…
I shake off this thought to follow her further into the hall where she stands not too far into the room “It’s wonderful. There's so much space here...” she trails off and peeks her head out the doorway saying in a slightly soft manner “It would be a nice change.
“Strelitzia… are you sure you're ready for it? Won't you miss spending time together?”
I would but… there are a couple of things I won’t miss and a few things I’ll gain that’ll make it worth sacrificing a little time.
“Oh and what might those things you wouldn't miss be?”
Space for one… and forgive me for being blunt but don’t you know you’re too young to snore.
“I do not snore.”
She chuckles “Yes you do.
“Fine but you must keep to your word then and sleep alone tonight.”
That’s alright by me.
Theodorus gives a wide knowing smile “So, you guys are fine with this place?
We both nod and smile satisfied.
Great, it's been a pleasure to welcome you to Daybreak Town.” he says, offering his hand. I take it and respond “The pleasure is all ours.” When the shake finished I found a business card in my palm “Call that number if you need any more help the Chirithy are meant to serve but even they don’t know everything.
“Thanks, I'll keep this in mind.”
I store the card in my breast pocket as we finally put down our bags, thank him once again and say goodbye. I never called the number he had other friends and his job to worry about anyways. Maybe I should have called again to just chat and say thanks once again. He led us to 4 connections that we would’ve been lost without and he wasn't a Dandelion after all.

Alexxio M.

Awards
Heyo everyone got a new story portion for you from a story in the Gaurdian chronicles relating to Zenithya and Lauriam’s future daughter Flueritzia. We are in Flueritzia’s perspective here. I hope you enjoy.

Another rumbling thunder awakened me suddenly but my startled heart was immediately comforted by the soft symphony of snores, snorts, purrs and murmurs that greeted me. Auntie is close by resting peacefully alongside Cherub, her Chirithy, her soft familiar murmurs and the similarly soft and precious purrs of Cherub accenting her breaths from time to time. Noggi softly snorts in her sleep, her head happily nestled under the hand of Oden who is also safely nestled himself in the lap of his mother. His breaths are quiet and controlled, occasionally stopping their normal rhythm for him to awaken just enough to slowly and sleepily stroke Noggi’s fur again. Aunt Yumia leans serenely on the shoulder of Uncle Hikaru who sways slightly with his breaths as if he was continuously going to tip his currently absent hat at something that pleased him.
Big brother fell asleep nestled in mothers arms breathing deeply through his nose instead of his mouth like Oden and Klintepher do but since he is still young it's not quite snoring yet. The sound he makes is stuck in between a soft snore and a calm deep breath. His mouth despite not breathing through it is still parted in a delightful and honest yet small smile. Mother nestles herself snuggly on the shoulder of father, her breaths coming in like content sighs, some soft, some heavy all equally satisfied. Father’s snores are deep yet still soft; he smiles as he leans back towards mom, Uncle Ven nestled under his other arm alongside the blankets. Uncle Ven sleeps like a cat all curled up and cuddling close to father. Quinora almost does the same cuddling close to her mothers lap instead; her ease shows clearly with her soft precious murmurs and peaceful expression. Aqua’s face is similarly peaceful; a soft but still clear and radiant smile lies there as she rests gently and gracefully on Uncle Terra’s shoulder rising and falling again as his more percussive snores come and go. Terra is still the loudest snorer in the room despite his breaths seemingly being clearer and lighter than his usual. Igneo mimics his father, also being the loudest of us kids, his breaths being closer to a snore than big brother’s breathing ever was. His youth shines in other ways though as he is happily nestled under his fathers arm murmuring slightly as he digs deeper into the warmth his family gives him, nestling closer and closer to his father’s side.
Uncle Ephemer dreams youthfully too; his snores are deeper than Ven’s but softer than fathers always ending in a soft almost whistle-like sound, his brow dances playfully every now and then as if he was singing sean-nós in his sleep and the expression on his face is of pure peaceful bliss. Even though he’s sitting up this time he is still sprawled out in a way, one arm holding Aunt Skuld close, another lying gently on his tummy and his foot swaying slowly side to side. Maybe he is hearing sean-nós after all, tapping his foot to the rhythm like he tends to do at our Christmas parties when “jingle bells” starts to play and when he does our favorite Irish folks alongside Father, Auntie and Skuld. Aunt Skuld is contrastingly still, buried in the blankets and nestled cozily on Uncle Eph’s scarf. The swirls on his scarf are starting to softly fade again with age and wear and just as softly she murmurs from time to time when she nestles deeper into the scarf or when a breeze knocks down her blankets. Her right hand holds her son’s left hand sprawled out from the rest of his body. Klintepher sleeps the same way as both his parents buried in blankets and sprawled out underneath them, his face showing nothing but innocent peaceful bliss and his head cozily nestled on his mom's lap by her left hand which occasionally and softly strokes his silver curls. He murmurs between his whistle like breaths often.
Ven’s Chirithy is nestled under Klintepher’s right arm gently purring as he continually pets her fur and slightly swaying in the breeze. Then there is Zenithya curled up like her master. Her breathing steady and soft, her expression peaceful and innocent and her smile and murmurings are small but ever precious. She snuggles up cutely against the pillow holding the blankets close. Tyrnoll has fallen asleep outside the fort too snorting and softly whimpering away as if he was barking at a squirrel he was chasing in his dream. With everything so peaceful I almost want to go back to dreamland but interrupting my plans another thunderous rumble comes to rustle the covers of my best friend who turns over with a displeased murmur and small stretch before curling up again. Her hand reaches out and I can’t help but meet it. A flicker of awakening occurs as she recognises the touch. I test it out, my voice soft and whispery asking “Hey… Zeni are you up?”
She gives a sleepy chuckle “I am now Ritzie… Don’t worry though I blame it on the thunder not you.”
“Yeah me too.” She slowly opens her eyes of mismatched color but both sparkle as she adjusts to the light and smiles toward me. I treasure that spark as I return the smile and we bask in the symphony of snores together. It’s comfort won’t last though as another rumble makes the winds whip on the clock tower walls and causes us both to shiver and bury deeper into the covers, our curls rustling a bit with the wind and our nestling. “The winds of change are really not on our side tonight huh.”
“True… But you know what they say: April showers bring May flowers.”
“Yeah I know…”
“I hope the thunder doesn’t strike anything important though. Unlike thunder magic this natural thunder has a destruction we can’t control.”
“Yeah but I do admit it has a light unlike anything magic can do… Look, you can see it through the covers.” a pair of rumbles come followed by crackling streaks of light the glow they leave making me light up with wonder
“Wow… it's beautiful.”
“Hey, I betcha the sakura will be all over the place by morning.”
“I’d love to collect them with you but do you think the darkness would be clear by then? The rumbles are still pretty strong even at this hour.”
“Dunno… but even if it isn't clear by daybreak we’ll face the darkness together right?”
“Course we will, it's a promise.”
“And then we’ll write stories of all our grand adventures and share them across all the world's imaginable.”

Back