• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► The Guardian Gaidens Scala and Wayfinder gang series draft feedback and project report

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Alexxio M.

Awards
next here’s the beginning of the Lauriam portion of chapter 10 of the Regretful Keys to Rechained Memories arc.
do not try to call any of the numbers discussed if they are familiar to you in anyway please notify me I will try to change them.

Lauriam
A myriad of feelings rushed through my heart as the navigation gummi beeped faster and faster indicating we were closer yet closer to our destination. I take deep breaths to calm my nerves and look once more at the brand new device in my hand, what Zexi- I mean Ienzo called a Gummiphone. The king sent us a picture of Scala's harbor which we both ended up making our home screen background. The lock screen was different between us though for her it was a picture of Radiant Castle and for me a flowery lux symbol. Might as well get used to this thing.
I unlock the phone and see 13 apps lined up neatly across the screen. What… Ienzo called the essentials apparently. There were messages, contacts, a phone, a clock, an app with a gear icon which I assumed was the system’s settings, an app with a crowned camera, the camera itself, a calculator, a calendar, an app with a crowned journal icon as well as one of an open notepad, a black and white icon that looked strikingly like the king and finally an assistant that the king called Mousekatool. I scroll through the messages and contacts. Messages has me connected to the general guardians group chat, boys group chat and the former org group chat as well as still storing the text test we did straight after getting our gummiphones and the text from the king sending us the picture of Scala’s harbor. Contacts has only four numbers arranged in abc order by the ones they belong to-
Elrena- 605-117-2004
Ienzo- 327-978-2187
King Mickey- 118-777-1928
Namine- 301-377-7204
No doubt I’ll get Ventus’ soon, perhaps even the ones of his new friends too. I exit the app and click on the crowned journal next. A data Jiminy greets me and opens the book. Hmm so this is what Naminé meant by Jiminy's journal. Seems convenient. I use the scroll to hover over the icons in the book: a glossary, social links, treasures and lucky emblems, secret reports, minigames, synthesis log and Limits. I click on the glossary but barely get a read out of Ven’s portion when the king says “Here we are fellas the Land of Departure.”
Guess I’ll have to wait to catch up.

Last edited:

Alexxio M.

Awards
And finally here’s the first Ven portion of that same story
note ven having missing ache now is supposed to be representing the growth he went through in the realm of darkness.

Ventus
“Stop guys, we have guests!” squeaks Chirithy waving her arms and hopping toward my shoulder.
“Huh!?”
She misses but scrambles on anyway “Come on we gotta move their important!” she pulls on one of my spikes to get upright and my attention
“Ouch! Chirithy what gives?!”
“I told you important guests! Now get a move on forward march! They’ve been waiting for you forever.”
“But they’ve only just arrived.”
She yanks again, this time on my ear “Darkness really did make you dimmer huh?”
“Ouch! Chirithy you little…” I reach for her cape but she bounces off in the nick of time, turns toward us and beckons forward bouncing and giggling as she does so.
“Come on, I'm not 10 anymore!”
“True… but you're still Ven and right about now he’d be raring for a chase.”
I smile and roll my eyes “I hate it when you're right sometimes. C’mere!” I say rushing toward her but she teleports away before I can catch her and she lands further down the stairway.
“If they're so important then tell me who they are.”
“That I won't answer. C’mon you gotta come down to find out.”
“I’ll come down alright. Just wait for us.” She bounces on the step impatiently as we start heading down and then starts bounding once we get close enough. After a bit she says “C’mon C’mon hurry!”
“Alright Chirithy. But can’t you give me a clue?”
“Your heart has already given you one Ven look."
I look to my hand and find that my heart has summoned Missing Ache. I can't unsummon it. Aqua's gonna kill me.
Even so, I run faster. My curiosity is at its peak. Chirithy smiles and continues bounding forward saying "their important hurry up!"
"We are Chirithy." I say huffing a bit as she says "keep it up then we mustn't keep them waiting."
We're close to the bottom now. Chirithy bounds to her landing spot, turns sharp with a hop to get her balance and then as I too start to turn the corner she bounds once more into the arms of the guest squealing happily “you’ve grown! What took you so long? We both missed you ya know!”
Gentlemanly laughter and a deeper tone to a faintly familiar voice “It's good to see you too Chirithy.”
My question is addressed to Chirithy though “Whaddaya mean so long? Seriously Chirithy tell me who are our…” I turn the corner and lift my gaze, confusion then understanding, then back again to disbelief as the memories start to flood. I slightly stumbled a step back, dropping Missing Ache in shock.
“No way… L… Lauriam… I… Is it truly you?”
A simple nod and a soft, nostalgic, friendly and familiar smile tells me it all and soon tears of light start to round the corners to reunite at last at the bottom of my chin.

Last edited:

Alexxio M.

Awards
Hey everyone here’s some more of chapter 10 of the Regretful Keys to Rechained Memories arc.
A post about the references for this and the previous portions should come soon after this and the dates listed are subject to change.

Lauriam
My smile fights to stay up as I see tears pool at the corners of his ever bright blue eyes. He raises his hand and pinches himself and when the pain sinks in he chuckles softly “so I’m not dreaming either right?” Chirithy shakes her head. His shaky smile grows as Chirithy hops off my shoulder and we both take a small stumbly step forward. Then as the wind blows westward through the open windows of the castle two seeds are sown side by side finally reunited after an unforgettable journey and watered by the tears of our light.

Ventus
Roses it was the smell of roses still there after all this time that made me remember and slowly, softly start bawling like a baby. With the gust of the westward wind we soon found ourselves in a kneeling embrace. One we didn't want to let go and after a bit between sniffles I said “Lauriam… I forgot. How could I forget? I didn’t look for you… I didn’t look everywhere for you, for them…I’m sorry.”
His voice cracks a bit but is ever so certain as he responds “It’s not your fault, never has been Ventus. I looked but missed many a time. How long has it been? How old are you now?”
“Biologically I’m sixteen but I landed in the keyblade graveyard around 15 years ago. During my journey I… faced something that caused my heart to seek refuge in someone else's and so I didn’t age for ten of those years.”
He smiles “Sure got your growth spurt though.”
It brings out a muffled chuckle “It barely made a dent but I can fit into my own armor now at least.”
“Really? That's great!”
“I can’t wait to show you. But you were alive all that time when I was dreaming right? Where did you go? What did you do?”
“Well I landed in Dwarf Woodlands about 14 years ago and around 12 years ago I heard from a resident of the world that someone with a key helped Snow White, was that you?”
“That resident must’ve been one of the dwarfs. Yes I did help Snow White 12 years ago... Hmm I wonder how many other times we were that close, if at all?”
“Just once Ven… just once my eyes clouded and yours adrift in dreamland.”
“Wait so you were here?”
“Yes indeed albeit when this castle was in a much different form. You didn’t read the journal?”
I chuckled again less muffled “No I read it I just haven’t gotten to Castle Oblivion yet I set my glossary to timeline order after all. I did read the brief blurb about the Organization before the battle though and had some sparse catch up lessons from Lea er… Axel after the battle. Most of them were about how he joined and why I look so much like Roxas though...”

Last edited:

Alexxio M.

Awards
Hey everyone here are some of the references so far for chapter 10 of the Regretful Key’s to Re chained Memories arc
first the phone numbers
Starting with Elrena who’s first set of digits references three things. The 6 refers to the fact she was one of the 6 named dandelions who at least made it back to the real world, the 0 refers to her time as a nobody and the 5 refers to Lauriam as he was the last union leader to arrive at the Keyblade Graveyard when they all met and was one of the reasons she joined the organization in the first place. Elrena’s second set of digits reference her original org rank as well as the seven guardians of light and then her last set of digits refers to Chain of Memories‘ release year which was the game where she debuted.

Then there’s Ienzo’s number 327-978-2187 the beginning four digits of which are basically the Japanese release of Re chain of memories just scrambled up slightly and missing a few numbers. The 7 that comes right after that references the 7 guardians of light and then the last 5 digits reference both Hollow Bastion and Radiant Garden through using the worlds initials and their positions in the alphabet H is the 8th letter, B is the 2nd letter, R is the 18th and G is the 7th.

next we have Mickey who’s first set of digits is a squished down version of his official birthday 11/18. With his second set of three 7’s representing both the guardians of light as a whole and the three main trios. His last set of numbers then refers to the year Steamboat Willie came out.

finally we get to Naminé’s number 301-377-7204. The first 3 refers to Sora’s birthday 3/28 and the first 0 representing that she’s a former nobody. The 1 at the end of the first set of numbers references chain of memories release date in Japan being 11/11 and alongside the 3 that follows it references organization 13. The three 7’s in a row reference the same things that Mickey’s set of 7’s do and finally the 204 references chain of memories release year.

then there are some plot details
1. The app with the crowned camera is kingstagram and the icon is basically a ripoff of instagrams
2. Mousekatool is basically Kingdom Hearts’ version of Siri/ Google Assistant / Alexa and is named after the tools that the character Tootles makes in the 2006 Mickey Mouse Clubhouse cartoon
3. the journal here is basically a mix between kingdom hearts 3’s gummiphone menu and Jiminy’s journal from kh2
4. The description Lauriam gives at the beginning of the last post is a reference to the beginning of Regretful Keys to Re chained memories where he describes Ven’s eyes the same way and uses the same wording when describing the tears that form
5.the westward wind here is a reference to the song Fields of Gold by Sting I believe it fits rather well with these two
6. the mention of seeds is a reference to the fic dandelion seeds
7. the “I didn’t look for you… I didn’t look everywhere for you“ line is a reference to Sora’s reunion with Riku at the end of kh2
8. the growth spurt joke is a reference to this lovely comic
1660702526349.png1660702563842.png

1660702637772.png
9. Ven fitting into the armor now is a reference to dandelion seeds chapter 41
10. There’s a reference to birth by sleep mentioning how ven helped Snow White
and 11. There’s a reference to the scene where Ven is shocked about shift pride and reveals he hadn’t really read his rulebook yet at the end of the the last post.

Alexxio M.

Awards
Hey everyone here’s the ending for the first Lauriam portion of chapter 10 of the Regretful Keys to Rechained Memories arc. Italics represent a characters thoughts
Lauriam
A myriad of feelings rushed through my heart as the navigation gummi beeped faster and faster indicating we were closer yet closer to our destination. I take deep breaths to calm my nerves and look once more at the brand new device in my hand, what Zexi- I mean Ienzo called a Gummiphone. The king sent us a picture of Scala's harbor which we both ended up making our home screen background. The lock screen was different between us though for her it was a picture of Radiant Castle and for me a flowery lux symbol. Might as well get used to this thing.
I unlock the phone and see 13 apps lined up neatly across the screen. What… Ienzo called the essentials apparently. There were messages, contacts, a phone, a clock, an app with a gear icon which I assumed was the system’s settings, an app with a crowned camera, the camera itself, a calculator, a calendar, an app with a crowned journal icon as well as one of an open notepad, a black and white icon that looked strikingly like the king and finally an assistant that the king called Mousekatool. I scroll through the messages and contacts. Messages has me connected to the general guardians group chat, boys group chat and the former org group chat as well as still storing the text test we did straight after getting our gummiphones and the text from the king sending us the picture of Scala’s harbor. Contacts has only four numbers arranged in abc order by the ones they belong to-
Elrena- 605-117-2004
Ienzo- 327-978-2187
Namine- 301-377-7204
No doubt I’ll get Ventus’ soon, perhaps even the ones of his new friends too. I exit the app and click on the crowned journal next. A data Jiminy greets me and opens the book. Hmm so this is what Naminé meant by Jiminy's journal. Seems convenient. I use the scroll to hover over the icons in the book: a glossary, social links, treasures and lucky emblems, secret reports, minigames, synthesis log and Limits. I click on the glossary but barely get a read out of Ven’s portion when the king says “Here we are fellas the Land of Departure.”
Guess I’ll have to wait to catch up.
I think looking out the window and admiring the castle ahead. It’s so strikingly unlike the form it took when I was a nobody that I feel like I'm a kid again on his way to his first mission outside Daybreak Town silently wondering to himself who he might meet in the brand new world. Happy to bring his sister along with him. However, I quickly noticed that our course was not set to the castle courtyard and instead to a small patch of ruins by a hill with training gear. “Oi King Mickey why are we not parking by the castle, is there not enough space?” I asked inquisitively.
The mouse smiles and simply says “We figured once you fellas reunited that the full story would come to light. Something all of us would be interested to hear landing on the cliff would give me an easier departure once I drop you guys off. Then our other pals can come as quickly as possible…” he trails off a bit before saying “And Ven likes surprises right? I’d say getting his memories back especially if he had pals like you is definitely a good surprise.”
I nod “I suppose so. But the others in the castle besides Master Aqua and Kairi know we’re coming right?”
“Oh, of course the only one who doesn’t know is Ven. Chirithy has her suspicions but she hasn’t told Ven a thing so you won’t be intruding at all.”
“That’s good.”
“Happy to help… Anyways fellas, does anyone need to stretch their legs before we land?”
We shake our heads and the mouse continues in his chipper tone “Great then please fasten your seatbelts and secure any loose items. The landing will be safe. I just can’t guarantee that it won’t be a bit bumpy.”
I smile saying "Alright as long as we don't crash." Looking again out the window to find Master Aqua diligently waiting for us. My heart burns as we skid to our landing and a realization sinks in. The realization that the lights at the end of our long journeys through the eternal gears of time have finally reunited our wayward hearts. It's almost time to start another journey together, my friend. Let's stop and smell the roses for as long as we can and start on a new yet steady foot. Departing with faith that the others' hearts have remained their guiding keys. I can't wait to etch these lovely moments to come into my heart with you. The memories of which will surely be eternally treasured.

Alexxio M.

Awards
Aqua will have a small portion in chapter 10 of the Regretful Keys to Rechained Memories arc as well here’s what I got for it so far

Aqua
I grasp my gummiphone nervously looking to the sky for any sign of their arrival. Deep breaths master deep breaths. I take one and then another but it doesn’t work. Why? I know they are coming and not to attack yet the darkness is still ever present. Their apology to Naminé had some rocky moments but turned out alright according to her and if the king trusts them to not cause harm why shouldn’t I. I need to be fluid like water in my understanding yet strong as ice when it comes to making the lines that shouldn’t be crossed, what a difficult task indeed. I take a sigh and stash the gummiphone away as I see the ship streak across the azure sky. Here goes nothing. They land with a small skid and greet me with respect “Good to see you again Master Aqua.”
I return it with a small smile. I hope to Kingdom Hearts that they can’t tell how unsure it is “Likewise Lauriam, Elrena… How was the ride?”
Lauriam answers in an honest gentlemanly tone “Certainly an experience I’ve never seen what the worlds look like from the outside before.”

Alexxio M.

Awards
Hey everyone got some snippets of the final chapter of the Regretful Keys to Rechained Memories arc titled Starlit Strelitzia‘s and the search for a x for you. first the beginning and part of the middle of the first Ven portion.
Plain italics once again represent a characters thoughts. While italics within regular quotes represent something said in a flashback.

Ventus
I awaken at my station, shining with new faces. I had just come from another batch of dreamily magical memories but now my heart has brought me here. Why now? Am I waking up? I wondered. A peculiarly familiar female voice answers my question “Your heart brought you here because I asked it to and I followed the red string to get here.”
A red string where?
I look to my hands and find it, a small red string tied around my left thumb. Footsteps come closer tugging the string towards the left. Then I spot it in my periphery, the flowery frills of a white dress outlined with a slightly glitchy and ever spirit like blue hue. Recognition and bewilderment shines in my voice as I ask.
“Are you?...”
A small chuckle like mine makes my eyes go wide as she answers “Yes I am. It’s nice to meet you again, Ventus.”
My surprise turns into a melancholic and regretful smile “Wish I could say the same… Strelitzia. But I’m not the one you should be visiting. I'm not worth it. You should-”
“I should be visiting my brother right, don't worry I already have granted in a different form than this but still a visit nonetheless and plus I wanted to see you like my brother did without the well you know…”
I nod “yeah I get it. That wasn’t my finest hour by a long shot, a very very long shot.” She chuckles again “you could say that again.”
Silence washes over us and my eyes suddenly start to burn and well up as I state “nothing will erase it I know but I still wanna make it up somewhat.”
“He already forgives you ya know.”
“I know but I’m talking about you…” she goes silent as I turn pensive. An idea then pops in like a lightbulb as we meet each others gazes my station beautifully reflected in her emerald iris “Lauriam tells me you like good views is that still true?”
“Where I am, nothing of yours ever changes, it only festers. I am technically dead after all.”
I wince at the word choice thinking you're dead because of me. She smiles with a small flicker of forgiveness allowing me to shake the regret off at least a little. I smile. What is it about you two that always seems to put me at ease? I would say it’s the fact that I’m younger than the both of you but that's not accurate anymore is it? I break the silence with a question “You’ve probably seen all the good views in town already though right?”
She nods “yeah I have.”
“There’s one view though I think you haven’t seen one that I owe you. Do you mind if I bring you there?”
She chuckles again before saying “Of course not. But if you think this gets you out of the earful I’m gonna have to give the both of you when we reunite then you’ve got another thing coming.”
“Believe me I don't.”
The forgiveness flickers again as she says “good.”
Memories flash across my station now soon settling in on the Leopardus Welcome Center. The memory won’t budge. “Looks like my heart wants to take the long route.”
“Well a little tour won't hurt right?”
“True… shall we?”
She nods and chuckles, taking my hand “yes we shall.” We jump into the memory.
“Hey is that Neilios?”she asks.
“Yeah he showed me around Daybreak Town the first couple days. You know him?”
“Yeah he helped me transfer unions.”
“Transfer? I didn't know you could do that. What union did you choose the first time?”
“Ursus. Mostly because my brother picked it. I was only seven at the time so I thought we should stick together but once I hit double digits I found that I fit better in Leo so I switched.”
“I see…” The memory then flashes to the fountain square and recognition flashes in both of us. Neilios is there showing my 8 year old self the mission board and soon after my Chirithy appears. I smile fondly as I see my younger self pet her and scoop her up as Neilios says he wants to show me something but before the memory switches Strelitzia points toward a building. “That was my favorite perch. The day you arrived I was on a raid mission with Elrena.” The clock tower rings 12 times “I think we might’ve just missed you.” I nod as the memory comes to the market “I remember this the first time I ever had a jelly tart. Aqua’s recipe tastes the same. I wonder how it survived. Master Eraqus liked the snack too; maybe the baker’s descendants survived.” I take two from the counter mirroring Neilios by saying “here my treat.” She smiles, “thanks Ventus.”
I smile back “please call me Ven.”
Another chuckle. “Will do.”
The memory switches again to the bridge by the clock tower. The Union Leaders and I entered the tower for the first time. She recognizes her brother and I straight away but turns curious at the sight of the other three. “Who were they, the other Union Leaders?”
I light up “You mean Skuld, Ephemer and Brain? Oh they… were amazing both as leaders and friends.”
“So, tell me Ven how were they as friends?”
I smile. “Well Skuld was compassionate, fair and strong with both her mind and her key. When not on duty she was fun and full of stories. She told us some about a magic fox full of trickery, some about heroes solving all sorts of mysteries and some were of her folks' tales and family history. Once she told us she was named after a goddess who weaved the threads of the future and gave wisdom and strength to brave soldiers who sought it. When I first heard it I believed wholeheartedly that she lived up to her namesake but when I told her about it she shook her head and smiled saying ‘Well I try and that's what matters. No one can know everything or see everything from every angle Ven. But it's always nice to have something to strive for and to dream about a future where we are all safe and content with our knowledge finally able to share it with others… Still, Ven cherish what you have now as building forward is sometimes not as easy as you think it’ll be.’ Skuld thought deeply about others and worked hard to make everyone happy, helping anyway she could. She’s definitely still out there and I know she’ll be happy to meet and see you.”
“You mean see all of us.”
I nod “Yeah all of us.”
A silence comes over us briefly as our past selves just stand there in front of the door wondering who would dare to take the first step. Everyone shared unsure glances but after one Ephemer was done the next glances were friendly and determined. He was done waiting. He rubbed his hands against his scarf, took a deep breath and then opened the door without his key. He turned back to us with a warm but small smile and soon one by one we all stepped inside with both wonder and weight.
She breaks the silence now with “Ephemer seems like a friendly guy.”
I nod “He is. He was full of adventure and curiosity and was always ready to lend a helping hand. He is a hero to me, bold, loyal, honest and hardworking. Despite his skill he was always humble and he helped me realize how vast the world really was. He taught me many things and made me feel included. Off of duty he chatted with us and the dandelions often and was also quite a prankster. He cracked jokes, played games, and told many stories, most just as adventurous as he was…” I trailed off in my nostalgia. Oh what I would give to hear one of those stories again from his own lips. My heart pangs. No, don't act like he’s gone, he would've found a way to live on. He always found his way back after long adventures after all. Snapping out of my thoughts I turned and asked “Hey, have you ever wondered why the Foretellers had animal masks?”
She nods and smiles widely “of course I did. He knew why?”
“Yeah he knew. In fact it was the first story he ever told us. There were seven animals tasked with making sure the world worked the way it should and protecting us, the Lights creation all with their own roles to play. But I really shouldn’t be the one to tell you the tale.”
She becomes more curious “Why not?”
I shake my head “Well I can’t spoil everything. Ephemer is still out there after all I’m sure of it. He's been waiting to tell it to you for a long time and I don't wanna ruin it for him.”
She nods before saying “I see…”
As the memory moves to the Foreteller's chambers and our first task. “So this is the Master’s room.” Brain says as he saunters to the Master's desk with a light unphased confidence. By moving he seemed to break the unsure spell that held me captive and I immediately burst forward taking the chance to take the whole room in. Skuld and Ephemer came in slower, Skuld calling after us “Try not to touch anything.” At this my excitement fades a bit before Brain settles himself into the Master’s chair and starts aimlessly flipping through the pages of the book on the desk. He responds back to her with “Why not? It’s ours now isn’t it?” Ephemer agrees a little half -heartedly as I carefully take a seat at the table and Brain continues flipping through the pages.
“Mysterious type isn’t he,” says Strelitzia. I nod
“Yeah, Brain was mysterious at first, always smart and confident. He was the only leader who could tell me things that I didn't want to hear. Say them plain as they were with no sugar coats…” the scene continues behind us. Lauriam enters thoughtfully asking “What now?” Skuld suggests taking care of the unions. Ephemer answers wisely but I hesitate and Brain in response says “Grow a backbone would ya?
I turn to her “See.”
She nods solemnly but I continue saying “but Brain taught me many other things about keyblades, about synthesis his hobby and about the world around us. How it worked, how it ticked. He may have been blunt but underneath all the mystery and his confident, sharp and ever on guard mind was the heart of a hardworking teddy bear who would do anything to make sure nothing he held dear was ever taken away or broken.” The memories shift multiple times. Helping Brain with synthesis, getting bangles that he worked all night to make, delivering books and food to his always messy, always occupied desk helping his Chirithy with the blanket, the times we spared and he taught me technique in a stern, steady manner but also with plenty of patience just like Master Eraqus did and finally him closer to the endgame slumped in the control room smiling faintly when I came in to deliver his tea, spending all night with us to build that second monument and curling close and protectively that final night under the fort together. “ Brain and my master were excellent teachers but they are both long gone now. I wonder what they both think of this, think of me?”
“Hmm. I see.”
Then the memories change once again to the pier where the fireflies gathered. Footsteps turning to splashes, Whispers turning to laughter and soft smiles growing wider as flickering lights of fireflies make our hearts burn brighter. She looks in awe at the dandelions and us union leaders as we play with the fireflies. I smiled looking at the view of my friends all playing in the water, the just setting sun making the horizon blush roses. She notices it too “The sky is so beautiful and everyone looks so happy.” I nod “This was one of the moments where being union leaders didn’t matter. Where every worry could melt away. Where…”
“We could just be kids.” she finishes as I meet her gaze. I nod “yeah be kids…”
Fireflies glimmer as the memory continues, soon guiding us to the point where Lauriam and I sat on the steps to reminisce and make new memories. The audio, having been mostly echoey this entire time, turns clearer and more focused on Lauriam and I. She perks up as he says “Her name’s Strelitzia.”
“This was also the moment…”
“You first learned my name.” She finishes as I nod.
“Yeah. I remember that afterwards my heart had a lot of questions and that I tried to reach deep because I could've sworn I've heard a snippet of the name before but I couldn't find it. So I didn't say a word. Even then Darkness had a hold of those memories and it intimidated me to go into that abyss where I could sense unpleasant things." She nods and I clutch my strap regrettably. "But now that I remember all it leaves me is a deep feeling of I want to set things right." I smile sheepishly " but you already know that don't you?"
"I do…" she admits "but when I hear it from your mouth I know it's true."
"Despite this being a dream?"
"Yes. We're in your heart after all and the heart can't lie."
"True, very true." I say as the winds of change whisk the waves and led by the fireflies we head to the edge of the shore suddenly joining in on the splash fight between only us the union leaders. Catching the fireflies gathering on us as if we were their own. But all good things must come to an end as when getting out of the water to help me up Skuld runs straight through her and it's made apparent that the moment that passed wasn't as real as it felt. We sit there silent once more before I say "My heart is ready to show the view now, are you ready to see it?" She nods silently. "Alright we're going high up and I'm not sure exactly if we'll land at the edge or in the center. So can you take my hand to be safe?" She nodded again and obliged. The memory finally shifting to the top of the clock tower.

Last edited:

Alexxio M.

Awards
next the end of the first ven portion

The dawn's final twilight peeks through the blankets of the fort, awakening me to the sight of everyone resting peacefully, something long overdue for all of us. I lay there and just listened for a while as a soft symphony of snores both familiar and new flooded my ears and filled my heart with warmth. It’s so warm… so comfortable. But daybreak is calling. I look around again. Aqua's hand now rests nearby instead of around me. Her smile is small but still radiant and clear. I don't need to worry about waking her up. Chirithy purrs softly still nestled close. Her plushy frame slightly rocks back and forth with her breaths and the soft morning breeze. I'll need to give her my pillow before I go and hopefully she won’t wake in the transition. Which then leaves Lauriam his hand and mine grasped together lightly. However, removing the connection entirely seems like it’ll certainly wake him. I'll need to do it carefully. I take a deep breath and bask in the symphony again which has now included the whistle of the wind and the distant chirps of birds waking to the new dawn. Strelitzia… I will help him find you no matter what. If you are where I think then you’ll have your little lovely moments back soon I promise. I slowly roll on to my back lifting my hand from Chirithy’s fur. Her ear flickers slightly but she doesn’t wake thank goodness. But my escape isn’t over yet. I carefully start to slip my hand away from his but soon another morning breeze comes by disturbing him a bit. He murmurs and blows the stray lock away, not batting an eye. I stifle a small chuckle, ironic that now it seems like you need a haircut the most.
My hand slips further and further he murmurs again once I get to the edge but doesn’t awaken as my hand finally escapes now nestling itself behind Chirithy’s head. I lift her slightly as I slide my pillow under and start to sit up. Finishing up I lay her gently on the pillow and I sigh of relief as she doesn’t stir, finally taking the chance to scooch myself upright. I take another look around. I missed this… I miss them. I want to find them. But then I’ll miss this once again. Another wind breezes by as if calling me out to the dawn. I nod agreeing with it, my heart burning. I want to find them and do this once again . I’m sure they’d love it here. Please lead me to them, lead me back to daybreak and the lovely moments we’re all missing. I shuffle my way out the covers and without thinking head up to a balcony I never knew was there before. I looked around flowers lined the banister on hanging pots, blue and pink lilacs, wild sakura, black lilies, white daisies, yellow daffodils, clovers, lavender, red mountain roses and finally nestled behind the barley on either side Strelitzia. That won’t do, I thought, summoning my key to rearrange the pots moving the Strelitzia to the middle. Much better. I take a deep breath taking in the smell of the pines and sakura in the early morning breeze and looking to the sky. Searching for a sign of sorts in the last of the stars. Skuld… where could you be? A dandelion pops up in my periphery. I pick it absentmindedly, twirling it around my fingers as I continue looking to the sky. But before I could sink back into my ponderous thoughts again a familiar voice said “didn’t expect to see you up all bright and early. Come to see the view?”
Huh? I thought you were still asleep.

Alexxio M.

Awards
Finally here’s what I have for the first Lauriam portion of the same story

Lauriam
A morning breeze disturbs my curls and makes me stir a bit. Then a connection begins to fade Ven where are you going? My hand twitches feeling the emptiness left behind as my vision slowly returns and I catch a small glimpse of him walking up the stairs. I stifle a yawn, groggily wipe my eyes, scoot myself upright and take a look at the others. All still safe, still here. Chirithy purrs softly beside me, Ven must’ve given her his pillow when he left. I pat her gently, thankful for the work she did the previous night but still making sure not to wake her as I sneak and shuffle my way out the fort and head up toward him.
He sleepwalks as if pulled by something and I hide from his line of sight soon witnessing a flash of light, no doubt his keyblade. I wonder what he’s doing with it? I enter the balcony and his pensive expression towards the sky says it all. Even so I announced myself “didn’t expect to see you up all bright and early. Come to see the view?” He snaps out of his daze and turns towards me slightly flustered “Oh Lauriam I didn’t see you there, sorry I didn’t mean to wake you.”
“Don’t worry you didn't, I was waking up anyway.” I respond quickly walking closer and taking note of the different flowers as well as the dandelion nestled between his fingers. He clearly sees through my ruse but still plays along. Smiling slightly as he says “Oh okay that's good.” turning back to the view and continuing to fiddle with the dandelion. A silence comes over us for a bit as I pick my own dandelion before saying “So… Ven, what brought you here?”
He hesitates “My heart did…”
“And…”
“And my dream too, I think. It wasn’t a nightmare but it left me with a lot to think about. About the others and finding them, about the war and about darkness…” His gaze shifts slightly toward the Strelitzia in a way that was pensive and optimistic yet also deeply regretful. I nod understandably and smile “hmm… I see… Did she pay you a visit?”
“Yeah she told me to let you know that she was safe and I showed her the view atop the clock tower from my memory. She loved it.”
A chuckle escapes from the tip of my tongue “I’m glad she got to see it… did she tell you where she was?”
“Well the dream ended before she could elaborate but I know she’s at least in the same world as Sora because it wasn’t darkness that led her to me so it has to be him… We’re both in for an earful when we get there.”
“Heh figures… Is she truly safe with Sora though?”
He nods confidently “ ‘Course if she told him that she wished to escape and find her way back like him he would do anything in his power to help.”
“Then he’s like you in that sense huh.”
He smiles slightly flustered at the praise saying “Yeah I guess so."
“How was she otherwise? What else did she say?”
He quickly answers “She didn’t look much older than when I first met her.”
“So she stayed at 13?”
“Yeah that's good isn’t it?”
“Yes but we all know time travel does wacky things and who knows what Unreality’s rules are."
"True..."
"What else?”
“She told me about transferring unions. The person I met on my first day helped her transfer apparently. His name was Neilios…” he trails off a bit before saying “I find that she’s a lot like you and also… a lot like me.”
I smile nostalgically “Yeah she is.”
Ven continues “She’s looking forward to seeing you and the others; she doesn't want us to just rush in to save her though.”
"And I can't help but agree even though I want to jump straight in."
He nods "Hmm that's another reason I think my heart brought me here. Riku told me at the victory party that the night before he and Sora met Aqua and Terra a series of shooting stars flew over Destiny Islands. He figured it might've been the distant light of our keys and I thought portals and their paths might show up the same way."
"To find Skuld huh."
"Yep… well maybe just to have a little more hope that we can."
I give a supportive smile "I'm sure we will find her, Ven."
"Likewise Lauriam. Likewise… They'll both be happy to meet everyone I'm sure."
"Yeah…"
A silence comes over us as we admire the coming dawn and take in the aroma of the flowers around us. Peaceful… warm. I hold on to it as the winds of change gently whisk our dandelion seeds away again and unite with the streak of the last shooting star. His eyes sparkle with hope and wonder finally breaking the silence with a simple slightly whispery "Wow! What a beautiful view to start the day."
I nod "Indeed…"
He turns toward the courtyard as the dawn continues to rise, bathing Masters Defender in a glorious morning light.
"I didn't notice it when Vanitas took over me but I like the flowers you picked for Masters Defender."
"I'm so glad you like them…" I paused for a bit stuck in nostalgia before saying "You know they'd be proud of you Ventus achieving all you have, making new friends and making peace with your darkness instead of war.“ he shrugs sheepishly but his smile although small is clear and radiant. I continue “I still can’t believe how you’ve grown so much… and I guess I just want you to know that despite everything I'm still proud of you Ven, so proud.” Soon pulling him into a small yet reassuring hug. He lets it sit, nods within it and then sniffles suddenly “Guess I finally did it then.” he says.
My expression turns curious as I ask “Did what?”
He smiled wobbly and slightly choked up “Grow a backbone… I finally grew a backbone like he said I would.” I squeeze tighter for a moment before withdrawing and helping wipe away the small tears that pooled.
I smile and with a small melancholic chuckle say “Oh Ven you’ve always had one. You just needed to realize it.”

Last edited:

Alexxio M.

Awards
hey everyone got another couple of extras for you but since they can be a bit much ill be posting each one at a time
so first Ephemer's descendant list with all important members
complies with Nomura's statement of missing link happening 4 generations after Ephemer lands
PS: Baldr being a descendant of Ephemer is a head cannon of mine I mean there's got to be a reason why they look so similar to each other
*note* this family tree isn’t final I will add the name of Baldr's sister once that gets revealed and I may also add some more things regarding the skipped generations but that's about it

View attachment 15512
name origins for this tree will be coming next
My gosh this is so outdated now in so many ways

Alexxio M.

Awards
Haven’t updated here in a while got some more chapter snippets for you all first a continuation of the second ven portion shared here
Hey everyone here’s some more of chapter 10 of the Regretful Keys to Rechained Memories arc.
A post about the references for this and the previous portions should come soon after this and the dates listed are subject to change.

Lauriam
My smile fights to stay up as I see tears pool at the corners of his ever bright blue eyes. He raises his hand and pinches himself and when the pain sinks in he chuckles softly “so I’m not dreaming either right?” Chirithy shakes her head. His shaky smile grows as Chirithy hops off my shoulder and we both take a small stumbly step forward. Then as the wind blows westward through the open windows of the castle two seeds are sown side by side finally reunited after an unforgettable journey and watered by the tears of our light.

Ventus
Roses it was the smell of roses still there after all this time that made me remember and slowly, softly start bawling like a baby. With the gust of the westward wind we soon found ourselves in a kneeling embrace. One we didn't want to let go and after a bit between sniffles I said “Lauriam… I forgot. How could I forget? I didn’t look for you… I didn’t look everywhere for you, for them…I’m sorry.”
His voice cracks a bit but is ever so certain as he responds “It’s not your fault, never has been Ventus. I looked but missed many a time. How long has it been? How old are you now?”
“Biologically I’m sixteen but I landed in the keyblade graveyard around 15 years ago. During my journey I… faced something that caused my heart to seek refuge in someone else's and so I didn’t age for ten of those years.”
He smiles “Sure got your growth spurt though.”
It brings out a muffled chuckle “It barely made a dent but I can fit into my own armor now at least.”
“Really? That's great!”
“I can’t wait to show you. But you were alive all that time when I was dreaming right? Where did you go? What did you do?”
“Well I landed in Dwarf Woodlands about 14 years ago and around 12 years ago I heard from a resident of the world that someone with a key helped the Snow White, was that you?”
“That resident must’ve been one of the dwarfs. Yes I did help Snow White 12 years ago... Hmm I wonder how many other times we were that close, if at all?”
“Just once Ven… just once my eyes clouded and yours adrift in dreamland.”
“Wait so you were here?”
“Yes indeed albeit when this castle was in a much different form. You didn’t read the journal?”
I chuckled again less muffled “No I read it I just haven’t gotten to Castle Oblivion yet I set my glossary to timeline order after all. I did read the brief blurb about the Organization before the battle though and had some sparse catch up lessons from Lea er… Axel after the battle. Most of them were about how he joined and why I look so much like Roxas though...”
He gives a slight nod as we both withdraw a bit to wipe our tears and I express my bewilderment once again with a slightly choked up voice that doesn’t match my excited yet still sheepish smile “Man, I still can’t believe it that this isn’t a dream. Lauriam can you tell me again?”
He nods and with a shaky yet reassuring voice says “It’s real Ven all of this… I promise you it’s real.” I embraced him again, my voice even more choked up than before responding back shortly after.
“I’m so glad Lauriam.”
He smiles again and his voice turns certain as he returns the embrace simply stating “as am I Ven… as am I.” A warm silence lingers for a bit before we slightly loosen up again to wipe our tears. Then over his shoulder I see Terra and Aqua’s small smiles both knowing and unknowing at the same time. I smile back in semi realization you guys knew huh. You guys brought me this surprise? They look to each other and then nod back. My smile grows thankful but also slightly shaky again as I simply mouth back “thank you” and their smiles wrap me in another embrace. Having felt my words though Lauriam starts to fully withdraw and as he does so we help each other back to our feet. Once we're all standing again he ruffles my hair slightly with a nostalgic smile before stepping aside and giving me a soft knowing look. I smile too. You know me too well. I head towards Aqua and Terra and pull them both into a thankful embrace. One they slowly return, squeezing softly. The embrace assures them that the tears they saw were happy ones. But once they withdraw too I take a look around, noticing that some people are missing. “So… are the others here to surprise me too or is it just you and er…”
The woman who came with him responds to my hesitance with a small understanding smile “it’s Elrena. Nice to officially meet you Ventus… Heh you probably don’t remember me but I met you back during the escape.”
I turn pensive for a bit before smiling “It’s hazy but I remember your voice. It’s nice to finally meet you Elrena and Ven’s just fine…” I trail slightly as she nods, taking another look around and slowly starting to realize that the only others that were there were Terra, Aqua, Kairi and Chirithy. I look to Lauriam for the answer and he shakes his head. Don't tell me they're?...

Last edited:

Alexxio M.

Awards
Next Lauriams answer to that question as well as the start of the castle tour

Lauriam
His worry shines clearly as he searches for an answer in me. I shake my head and that worry is quickly joined by disbelief. Two feelings that I'd rather be replaced by happiness and wonder. I swallow my doubts though and push onward telling him all the truth I can muster "Skuld is wandering still but I know she's okay… We came to you first because we knew where you would most likely be." He nods and steps closer asking softly. "Ephemer, Brain, what about them?"
I come closer as well, putting a supportive hand on his shoulder as the realization sets in and I pull him in this time. His soft tears returning and leaving small stains on my vested button up which he snuggles up against just like he used to.
Silence and a softly whimpered half finished question “So you didn’t find anything not even on…?” I shake my head and hold tighter as his eyes go wide and in a much softer whimper says “Oh Lauriam I’m sorry… I’m sorry.”
He repeats the apology like a mantra and I hold tighter, forgivingly patting his back hoping that this would be enough to soothe him as my choked up throat wouldn’t let me refute it. But soon my heart gives in, making me whisper “It wasn’t your fault Ventus, It never was your fault” repeatedly responding to his mantras till both of us come to a pseudo hush with only small sniffles remaining. He wipes the tear streaks with his sleeve but doesn’t look up, continuing to bury his face in my suit before shakily saying “Lauriam… can’t you tell me you found something, anything?” he sniffles again, burying deeper. But before he can slip into a despair that I’d rather not see I say “Hey, chin up Ven I did indeed find something. But despite what the statues in Scala may suggest. I… don’t believe Ephemer is gone.”
He sniffles once more “So he just went on another long adventure right…?” his eyes meet mine slowly. They are glassy almost like diamonds, sparkling with a fragile hopefulness. My heart holds softly onto that hope as it musters up the courage to nod and say “Ephemer must be alive Ventus… no he is alive. He’ll come back I’m sure of it.”
He sniffles and nods, wiping his face and looking back towards the four guardians in the room. Seeing their inquisitive and slightly cautious yet understanding faces he musters up a small sheepish smile. “I’ve got a lot of explaining to do, don't I?”
Aqua and Terra look between each other before Aqua answers “Yes but… are you sure you're ready for it, Ven?”
“Sure no. Ready well my heart’s been waiting for a while to get this off its chest so yeah I think I’m ready to share with you all my memories.” Chirithy bounds into his arms smiling through her muzzle saying “you have no idea how long I’ve waited for you to say those words. I’ve been unlocking small things bit by bit but now that you have faces to match the names and some events to match with the feelings and knowledge. I’m sure things will come to light for us all much much easier.” He nods and softly smiles “Right” before I chuckle slightly patting Chirithy on the head “indeed it will Chirithy indeed it will.” Smiles embrace us again before Aqua says “alright then it’s time to get the castle ready. Even though it’s magic we can’t have it do everything for us.”
Ven nods but says “I’d love to help but can’t I show them around first? They’ll need to know where everything is if they’re gonna stay here.”
Aqua hesitates slightly before nodding and saying “Alright Ven but keep it brief and take Chirithy with you ok.”
He smiles confidently “Sure Aqua will do.” As Chirithy bounds to his shoulder and squeaks “Alright let’s go.” A nod and small chuckle follows from Ven as he says “Right. This way guys follow me. Welcome to the Castle of Departure.”
“It's truly a pleasure, Ven.”
His smile grows wider as he responds “Glad you think so.” Before showing us down the first corridor.

Alexxio M.

Awards
Then here’s the bulk of the tour from Ven’s perspective
Ven
I showed them around with enthusiasm. The first corridor was the kitchen, dining hall, entertainment room & the apothecary ward. The back had the charm vault, the main study, the grand library, the clock tower & the tactics room as well as stairs down to the basement where the armory, keyblade forge and other archives were located. Then the final stop, the bedroom hall. I sped forward to show them to their rooms. We entered Lauriam’s first to find it white and empty save for a bed, desk and bookshelf with no books. “It's emptier than I thought it would be.” Elrena states as Lauriam nudges her sternly saying “Elrena.”
“Relax, just stating an observation.”
“A rude one at that.”
“Well we're in a castle. Can you blame me for having any expectations? I'm just wondering if my room will be this way too, that's all.” I chuckle before saying “It will but not for long, you just need to decorate with the magic.”
“Huh magic you mean the magic Aqua was talking about.”
“It's a small subset of the castle's power but yep it's the same type of magic. You know how Castle Oblivion made cards from Sora's memory right?”
“Yeah we do.”
“That's what we’ll use to decorate. It’s not exactly the same but the castle will use your memories to design the room to your liking.”
“Like how the cards allowed you to change the environment.”
“Exactly just without the need for a card in the first place. ”
Lauriam smiles before saying “so how do we get the decorating started?”
I head to the center and they follow I smile “just stay in the center, close your eyes and reach for the things most familiar to you then all the pieces will fall into place. We’ll give you some space so the castle can listen to your command.”
He nods as he says “Alright then let's see.” closing his eyes and taking a deep breath as the room slowly but surely comes to life.
The floor comes first being made of glossy dark wood then both a doormat and a floor rug appear, the doormat with a floral pattern and the floor rug having the same design as the table in the foretellers chambers. Next the walls stay mostly the same except for another floral patterned border on the top and bottom. Then the bed gets a makeover changing color to match the floor and changing size slightly to fit its future user; the silk and cotton sheets then turn green white and gold before he moves on to the desk. He adds a shelf with a mini bonsai tree and a photo from a long gone era all of us at Daybreak Town’s harbor bordered in a slightly ornate frame. However he's not done yet as besides a flower inspired pencil cup and copper typewriter the only decoration on the desk itself was a single potted Strelitzia. The bookshelf then fills itself with gardening handbooks, historys and fantasies galore alongside a globe and another set of photos: Daybreak Town from the hill, Daybreak Town from the top of the clocktower and finally Scala’s harbor set square in the middle all in elegant frames. A simple rocking chair appears by the book shelf cushions and all before another smaller resting spot is set up by the window, Nice choice another bed for Chirithy. He adds a pair of lavender plants to the parapet and then a bigger pot to hang outside which with another gust of wind makes me lift up with joy due to the pleasant scent. Finally a nightstand then appears right beside the bed with a simple floral lamp, a single coaster, a small clock and one last photo of him and his sister and their first Sun Day in Daybreak Town encased in the most ornate frame in the room. Of course it is.
I smile softly as he admires the work done by the castle and he returns it saying without words it’s just like home thank you. I nod your welcome before leading them to Elrena’s future room which she decorates with no hesitation. A platinum bed with blue sheets meets a dark floor and purple floral patterned walls. Her desk is mostly unchanged, just a Strelitzia flower and a picture of her Chirithy lie there. Her bookshelf is smaller but still holds the same types of pictures and globe atop it as Lauriam does. Only one picture shows the view of the clock tower and fountain plaza from one of the many nearby rooftops. Beside the bookshelf lies a slightly fancy armchair, a plush of her spirit pet sits there diligently. Lavender is potted inside while roses and lilac hang outside and finally a nightstand with a rose gold trim and lamp holds the final picture showing her memory of Strelitzia at the fountain. Again like Lauriam that photo is in the most ornate frame in the room. She smiles satisfied before I lead them to the final event, my room.

Last edited:

Alexxio M.

Awards
Finally the exchanging phone numbers scene that’ll happen toward the end of that final event Ven mentioned starting in Lauriam’s perspective. Again please do not try and call the numbers and also if they look familiar to you in anyway please notify me I will try to change them. A post for the references shown in this post as well as the three previous ones will be coming next

We pass our phones to him as he adds his contact information. After a bit he smiles “alright then you guys all set. Now you can talk to me anytime, anywhere.” I return his smile as he returns our gummiphones back to us. I sement the screen to memory, surprised with the 2 extra contacts that Ven added alphabetically to the list. He nods softly saying without words they won’t mind it they would welcome you so don’t be afraid. My smile turns thankful as I glance once more at the expanded list of numbers.

Aqua- 109-777-4210
Elrena- 605-117-2004
Ienzo- 327-978-2187
Naminé- 301-377-7204
Terra- 607-736-2010
Ventus- 325-767-1810

Last edited:

Alexxio M.

Awards
Here are some more of the references from chapter 10 of regretful keys to rechained memories.

first the Wayfinder trios phone numbers they all end with a reference to bbs’s release year 2010 but going in alphabetical order Aqua’s references are as follows. The first three digits are a reference to bbs’s original release in the EU and Pal regions then the set of 3 sevens represent the same things Mickey and Namine’s set of sevens do finally excluding the squished 2010 at the end the four that proceeds it is meant to reference Eraqus because squares have four sides.
next we have Terra’s number 607-736-2010. The first digits of which reference bbs’s original release date in the US but the 6 also represents his darkness. 7-3 is four representing Eraqus and that second 7 also references the seven guardians of light. The three on its own represents his friendships with Aqua and Ven and finally the second six represents the darkness that pulled them apart.
Finally we get to Ven’s number. Which references the year and two dates of his first appearance in union cross being 3/10 and 8/25 respectively with the year I believe being 2018. The 3 at the beginning also references the fact he was the third union leader to arrive at the Keyblade graveyard. Finally the pair of sevens represents Terra and Aqua while Vanitas is represented by the 6 in the middle

then there are the plot references
1. ven asking if the reunion moment was a dream was a reference to both the dandelions training in the sleeping realm and data daybreak town going to “sleep” at the end of union cross.
2. In that same post Elrena references the break of daybreak town and how ven was basically knocked out for the entire event.
3. There’s a reference to Skuld possibly being subject x with her still wandering
4. Ven’s realization that Brains Keyblade is literally sitting outside must’ve hit like a ton of bricks also he realizes here that Eraqus is a decendant of Brain so there’s that.
5. Ven snuggling against Lauriam’s suit is a reference to the sleepover chapters (chapters 5,17 and 36) in dandelion seeds.
6. there’s a reference to the Ephemer statue in Scala which Lauriam will visit to summon his keyblade back for the first time.
7. and literally a sentence later there’s another reference to dandelion seeds this time from chapters 30, 31, 43 and 46 when Ven asks Lauriam if Ephemer just went on another long adventure.
8. There are several references to castle oblivion when the room tours start like the room being all white when they enter and the castle using memory to change the enviornment.
9. The lavender they use to decorate is a call back to the first chapter of the arc where Lauriam and Elrena light a lantern and the candle inside happens to be lavender scented which Lauriam comments should help them sleep.
10. Taking care of Chirithy is cute i think they would’ve all had resting spots for their Chirithies back at the clock tower.
11. Spirit pets are referenced I wonder which one you guys think Elrena would have had
12. they both pay tribute to Strelitzia with thier final photo and their desk plant
and Finally 13. Sun Day is a reference to dandelion seeds chapter 16

Last edited:

Alexxio M.

Awards
hey all ever since listening to the song Zephyrus by the oh hellos I’ve been grappling with the idea of giving ven a pupil the problem is that I’m worried if I give him one during the Guardian chronicles it’ll feel like I’m pulling oc‘s out of a hat but that’s the only time when it makes sense to give him one. Should I go through with it?

here’s the song in question if your curious

Alexxio M.

Awards
Hello again everyone after grappling with the idea of ven getting a pupil I came up with another arc for this side story series that kinda acts as an addendum and aftermath arc to Upon the guardians shoulder from the guardian chronicles all in Ven’s perspective. Here’s the link to Upon the guardians shoulder if your curious https://archiveofourown.org/works/32744929
Note * upon the guardians shoulder was written before the kh4 reveal trailer so some things Lauriam thinks are contradictory to the things in kh4 and the rest of the Guardian Gaiden for the Scala and Wayfinder gang and by extension the Gaurdian chronicles as well.

and here’s the outline for the arc
Chapter 1. My Infinite guidance is hers- on a stroll with Lauriam Ven discusses legacy and guidance and vows to help him give infinite guidance to Flueritzia

Chapter 2. Strelitzia and the shifting seasons- Ven and Strelitzia reflect on resemblances and legacy but also on how things can change.

Chapter 3. Perilous journey to a Parallel promise- Ven visits Vanitas and they discuss the same things Lauriam and Ven did only this time it’s Vanitas doing the promise and partially not for Flueritzia

Chapter 4. A Master’s duty- Ven brings the matter of getting a successor to Terra, Aqua, Ephemer and Skuld and they all endlessly support it.

Chapter 5. In Loving Legacy- after visiting masters defender and brains statue and hearing a story or two. Ven decides to mentor one of the many wandering children from the orphanage and give a wandering spirit a second chance. He just needs to choose which one.

Chapter 6. Adoption of a new beginning- Ven meets 2 children Khoros and Zenithya and after a series of orphanage visits he makes the choice.

Chapter 7. Welcoming the disciple decision- Zenithya meets the rest of the guardians and Vanitas.

Chaptered yes, maybe or no
1- no
2- no
3- maybe
4- yes 4 chapter estimate
5- yes 3-4 chapter estimate
6- yes 8 chapter estimate
7- maybe

Last edited:

Alexxio M.

Awards
Hey everyone got a new arc idea to share with you.
(WT) means working title
The Fourteen Scrambled Days and Five Wayward Nights arc

An arc focusing on Strelitzia’s time with Sora in Quadratum, Joshua’s know how of the entire situation and her visits to the hearts of Sora, Lauriam and Ven.

Day 1: Meeting on a Scrambled Horizon- the day she meets Sora

Day2: First Daybreak and First Nightfall- she tries to take care of him and through a sieres of flashbacks and heart pangs she seems to scratch the surface of a power yet unknown

Day3: Doubting an Angel- Joshua pays her and Sora a visit and tells her about the newfound powers she tries to dismiss him but he leaves with encouragement and she is left wondering if she should follow his advice

Night 1: Chained Hearts Intertwined- Strelitzia follows Joshua’s advice for the first time and gets a peek inside Sora’s heart. Which leaves her with only questions and a desire to help him get back to the realm of light. Since getting him back to the realm of light seems the farthest away though she decides to ask Joshua about some of the questions.

Day4: The Light Began with Them(WT)- Questionaire with Joshua with little answers

Night 2: A Hearts Kaleidoscope - Strelitzia’s second dive into Sora’s heart yeilds more connections 2 of which are familiar and another unfamiliar.

Day5: At the Corners of Connection- She continues to reach to both of the familiar ones and she ends up reaching out to Ven’s Chirithy. Who reveals another connection for her before telling her to rest up establishing these connections are quite tiring after all. The dream though is not a restful one

Night 3: A Lust and a Lost Seed- Luxu gives her nightmares

Day6: Impatience at Scramble Station- Her dream drives her out of the house and to scramble crossing and the hachiko statue. Where after reaching out over and over and letting out some impatience manages to summon back her Chirithy

Day7: Awaken Exposition Mode- Sora awakens with lots of questions

Day8: I Want to Ketchup but I need to Mustard Courage- Strelitzia musters up the courage to ask Sora some questions about the realm of light.

Day9: The Angel is an Old Friend- Joshua pays another visit giving more explanations

Day10: History, My Story, Our Story- Strelitzia tells Sora about her brother and Sora tells her more about the current realm of light

Day11: Thunderstorm Thoughts- Strelitzia reminisces about Elrena

Day12: Sun Day Someday- Strelitzia reminisces about Lauriam and her specter helps her contact him

Night 4: Specter’s Song- waking up from the shared dream

Day13: Unlucky Unknown- Luxu shows up and gives both Strelitzia and Sora a run for their munny

Day14: A Promise Across Kingdom Hearts- Sora and Strelitzia make a promise to help each other

Night 5: Intricata semel plus ac motivum unchained- Strelitzia wakes from her visit with Ven

Night 5 has a huge time skip between it and day 14 because of melody of memory and the events in both the regretful keys to rechained memories arc and the radiant twilight reunions arc from the twilight town guardian gaiden.
Note* In the guardian chronicles and thus the guardian gaidens the melody of memory and remind timeskip is significantly shortened so that certain events can be more realistic in terms of the time between them and so some of the sortas (Sora ,Roxas & Ven) can stay the same biological age.

Alexxio M.

Awards
Heyo everyone I’m back with a scene from a story in the guardian chronicles that will be covered again from Skuld’s perspective instead of Ephemer’s in the Guardian Gaidens think of this as a double preview. Before this preview begins though here’s some background Ephemer flashing back to waking up after being saved from the unchained realm by Sora and Friends this Is what happens as he wakes

I've been in a comatose stasis for 5 months after getting rescued from the unchained realm by Sora. I wake to find myself in a castle lab located in the world I now know as Radiant Garden. I’m groggy but cognitive as a young blue haired scientist checks the machinery that was healing me before whipping out his notepad, briefly explaining the situation and getting right to work asking questions “hello Ephemer welcome to the lab of Radiant Garden I’m one of the scientists working here and will be taking care of you for a while. From my understanding of things the guardians of light brought you back from the unchained realm and brought you to our care after a skirmish. You were unconscious when you returned due to said skirmish and both your and our own actions forcibly taking you out of the unchained realm. Do you remember this?” I nod and say “Yes. But excuse me, do I know you?” He catches himself and politely says “Oh sorry for not properly introducing myself. I'm Ienzo and I know you through some of your friends.”
“Really you do? If they’re ok then where are they?”
“There in the castle in which this lab is located. But before you can meet them I have some questions for you. You can answer as vaguely as you want as I know from one of these friends that you might’ve been sworn to secrecy. Do you understand.” I nod again “Good first few will just be general things regarding your current physical status. First off, how are you feeling?”
“Ok but I’ve been better.”
“Noted. Are you able to move?”
I test this out and it works.
“Good did you feel any pain while moving.”
“Just slight soreness but that’s just about it.”
Ienzo nods gently saying “ok” he moves to a drawer and takes out a couple flashcards, returns and asks “what’s the answer to this?” Showing me an equation on the flash card:
7*2
“Fourteen, “ I answer.
“Good. How about this?” he says pulling out another card and showing the equation:
13-8
“Five” I say confidently.
“Great. Last one.” The card shows 140/7
I think for a bit before answering “Twenty”
“Excellent. Your mind seems to be in top shape in terms of logic. But now it’s time for memory. These next few questions revolve around some broader information about you and your past. First off, what world are you from? The guardians are all keyblade wielders so sharing this is not against the world order.”
“Thanks for letting me know that. I was born and raised in a town a little north east of Daybreak Town, however the latter’s form is now changed into the world you know as Scala Ad Caelum .”
“Ok. I’ve guessed this before but I want to make sure of this. you are a keyblade wielder correct.”
“Yep. Proud one.”
“Good to know. Can you summon your keyblade for me please?”
I nod and promptly summon it saying “It’s called Starlight.”
Ienzo nods “I’m familiar with it, a certain other wielder I know can summon this one too. Next question, do you remember joining any sort of wielder group?”
“Yes I do fondly. Made quite a few friends too along the way. I hope they’re all right.”
“They are so don’t worry. Were you part of multiple groups.”
“Yes.”
“How many and can you name them?”
“five of them but I can only give you the names of two the Unicornus Union and a small party I made with one of my dear friends we called ourselves the Lux Scouts.”
“I take it your from the age of fairy tales then.”
“That’s what they're calling it now sheez. Makes me feel old.”
“Well that’s because you technically are it’s been millennia.”
I sit back in the chair a bit flabbergasted “It’s been quite a while then I wonder how the worlds are now…”
“I can assure you they’re doing alright. One last thing: did you have a master to train from and if yes are you a master yourself.”
“Yes, I had multiple masters if you count a certain way. You could also say that I’m a keyblade master myself.”
“Ok then final batch of questions. These will be focused questions revolving around the events during the age of fairy tales in much more detail. Are you ready.”
“I’m all ears.”
“Good first one is it true that foreteller Ava created a secret organization separate from her own union known as the dandelions?”
I look at him in shock. How do they know that name did they read the book?
He smiles warmly “by your surprise I’m guessing it’s true.”
“But how do you know that name? where it’s found is off limits unless he…”
Ienzo turns curious “he?”
I answer with a knowing smirk, “a good friend of mine but I’ve already split too much.”
“Ah don’t worry we have an inkling on that friend of yours his writings are a joy to read through.”
“yep that sounds like him alright. So, shoot, what's your next question?”
“Are you aware of reincarnation and the concept of possession by a person's hand and do you know anyone who has gone through it?
“Yes, I'm aware of reincarnation as well as people possessing other people and know that a good friend alongside let’s just say an acquaintance of mine went through it. The latter going through multiple possessions so he can continue to live. However for the friend their heart was clouded for a long time and the acquaintance has returned with yet another new form.”
“Does the acquaintance happen to be a man by the name of Luxu?”
“Yes, I reckon you guys ran into him doing some pretty dubious things.”
Ienzo nods “indeed we have and he’s quite the formidable foe even with our numbers.”
“The foretellers were always such hard puzzles to crack. I couldn’t tell you their allegiances now even if I tried. Except for one and that's if she’s even still around.
“If you're talking about Lady Ava she’s had descendants, one of which you’ll soon meet. We’re not sure if she’s still alive but all the foretellers and their followers have left footprints within the scattered worlds which brings me to my next question. Are you aware that the other citizens of Daybreak Town were able to escape the world's destruction and although scattered they founded this kingdom among many others.”
“Yes for the first part as I gathered some of them to help me build Scala from Daybreak Town’s ashes. I wonder who’s followers founded this kingdom.”
Ienzo answers with a small smile “They were Ava’s followers .”
I smile back “Of course. I’m happy they were able to thrive.”
Ienzo continues starting to ask one final thing “ok final question Ephemer do you know of the-” before the sound of loud hurried footsteps echoes from outside and a voice I’ve longed to hear for millennia rings familiar as it enters my ears. She’s upset but still her voice is a welcome sound “If he’s awake then let me see him. Why won’t you let me see him?!”
A man follows behind her answering with a deep yet soft boom clearly exasperated from the rushing “Because even though he’s awake his condition is still unstable you of all people should know hearts are fragile things.”
She snaps back at him “don’t you dare lecture me about hearts Ansem besides his heart is different seeing me will surely only make it stronger.”
“Please Skuld… at least slow down.” She doesn’t listen and I hear her footsteps tapping faster, closer. Ienzo shuts down the machine completely giving a soft knowing nod. I smile in thanks before calling out. I remember thinking I need to make sure I’m not dreaming. “Skuld… is that you?” She answers a relieved and resounding “Yes, Ephemer it’s me. Are you alright?”
“I’ve felt better but I’m doing fine now.” a heart pang rings in the memory as I hear her key summon itself and start to unlock the lab door. I stumbled to my feet as the door opened and in a flash we started toward one another the rasp in my voice unable to hide my hope as I called her name again “Skuld how I missed you…” she doesn’t respond instead pulling me by my scarf and slapping me with it twice over one for using the unchained state again and another for using it to escape my duty. But then before I could apologize for either she pulled the scarf again and made my mistakes just wash away like a receding wave. Our sheepish smiles after the fact slowly but surely turn blissful as she softly chuckles at my awestruck face and says “and that’s for waiting for me, for all of us all those years. Oh Eph I missed you too!” We embraced again and even though her tight grasp made me wince a bit I didn’t mind. Not at all.

Look forward to the full tale posted on Ao3 titled A Union’s New Star around the 5th of November

Back