• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► The Guardian Gaidens Scala and Wayfinder gang series draft feedback and project report

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Alexxio M.

Awards
heyo everyone here's something cool please give a warm welcome to Zenithya

Zenithya casual.jpg

Ps. Yes, I do realize now how much she looks like Brain but it wasn't intentional it just happened. I'm just gonna say she liked the haircut.

Alexxio M.

Awards
I have a huge announcement! I’m making a Fanzine for the keykids and the Foretellers. I made a cut down version of it for a school project and decided to reuse and refurbish it as a part of the Gaurdian Gaidens and Gaurdian Chronicles. It still needs a few edits and a few more pieces of artwork so it’s still in the works. But I’ll be cross posting it here and on a03. It’ll contain character summaries for all the union leaders, Player and their Chirithy, Ven’s Chirithy, Strelitzia’s Chirithy and Brain’s Chirithy, The foretellers, Luxu, Vanitas and perhaps even the master of masters, a mixture of both fanart and official renders and maybe a few extra bits of backstory only canon to the Gaurdian Chronicles as well. Please look forward to it around the spring of next year. My ideas for new outfits for Skuld, Lauriam and Elrena will show up too. Question though I don’t have a twitter but I do have an instagram should I show off the printed version there as well or just leave it here and on Ao3.

Alexxio M.

Awards
Heyo everyone got some more chapter portions for you
but first here’s the full complete version of the first Lauriam portion of chapter 15 of the Regretful Keys to Rechained Memoríes arc.
Lauriam
A morning breeze disturbs my curls and makes me stir a bit. Then a connection begins to fade Ven where are you going? My hand twitches feeling the emptiness left behind as my vision slowly returns and I catch a small glimpse of him walking up the stairs. I stifle a yawn, groggily wipe my eyes, scoot myself upright and take a look at the others. All still safe, still here. Chirithy purrs softly beside me, Ven must’ve given her his pillow when he left. I pat her gently, thankful for the work she did the previous night but still making sure not to wake her as I sneak and shuffle my way out the fort and head up toward him.
He sleepwalks as if pulled by something and I hide from his line of sight soon witnessing a flash of light, no doubt his keyblade. I wonder what he’s doing with it? I enter the balcony and his pensive expression towards the sky says it all. Even so I announced myself “didn’t expect to see you up all bright and early. Come to see the view?” He snaps out of his daze and turns towards me slightly flustered “Oh Lauriam I didn’t see you there, sorry I didn’t mean to wake you.”
“Don’t worry you didn't, I was waking up anyway.” I respond quickly walking closer and taking note of the different flowers as well as the dandelion nestled between his fingers. He clearly sees through my ruse but still plays along. Smiling slightly as he says “Oh okay that's good.” turning back to the view and continuing to fiddle with the dandelion. A silence comes over us for a bit as I pick my own dandelion before saying “So… Ven, what brought you here?”
He hesitates “My heart did…”
“And…”
“And my dream too, I think. It wasn’t a nightmare but it left me with a lot to think about. About the others and finding them, about the war and about darkness…” His gaze shifts slightly toward the Strelitzia in a way that was pensive and optimistic yet also deeply regretful. I nod understandably and smile “hmm… I see… Did she pay you a visit?”
“Yeah she told me to let you know that she was safe and I showed her the view atop the clock tower from my memory. She loved it.”
A chuckle escapes from the tip of my tongue “I’m glad she got to see it… did she tell you where she was?”
“Well the dream ended before she could elaborate but I know she’s at least in the same world as Sora because it wasn’t darkness that led her to me so it has to be him… We’re both in for an earful when we get there.”
“Heh figures… Is she truly safe with Sora though?”
He nods confidently “ ‘Course if she told him that she wished to escape and find her way back like him he would do anything in his power to help.”
“Then he’s like you in that sense huh.”
He smiles slightly flustered at the praise saying “Yeah I guess so."
“How was she otherwise? What else did she say?”
He quickly answers “She didn’t look much older than when I first met her.”
“So she stayed at 13?”
“Yeah that's good isn’t it?”
“Yes but we all know time travel does wacky things and who knows what Unreality’s rules are."
"True..."
"What else?”
“She told me about transferring unions. The person I met on my first day helped her transfer apparently. His name was Neilios…” he trails off a bit before saying “I find that she’s a lot like you and also… a lot like me.”
I smile nostalgically “Yeah she is.”
Ven continues “She’s looking forward to seeing you and the others; she doesn't want us to just rush in to save her though.”
"And I can't help but agree even though I want to jump straight in."
He nods "Hmm that's another reason I think my heart brought me here. Riku told me at the victory party that the night before he and Sora met Aqua and Terra a series of shooting stars flew over Destiny Islands. He figured it might've been the distant light of our keys and I thought portals and their paths might show up the same way."
"To find Skuld huh."
"Yep… well maybe just to have a little more hope that we can."
I give a supportive smile "I'm sure we will find her, Ven."
"Likewise Lauriam. Likewise… They'll both be happy to meet everyone I'm sure."
"Yeah…"
A silence comes over us as we admire the coming dawn and take in the aroma of the flowers around us. Peaceful… warm. I hold on to it as the winds of change gently whisk our dandelion seeds away again and unite with the streak of the last shooting star. His eyes sparkle with hope and wonder finally breaking the silence with a simple slightly whispery "Wow! What a beautiful view to start the day."
I nod "Indeed…"
He turns toward the courtyard as the dawn continues to rise, bathing Masters Defender in a glorious morning light.
"I didn't notice it when Vanitas took over me but I like the flowers you picked for Masters Defender."
"I'm so glad you like them…" I paused for a bit stuck in nostalgia before saying "You know they'd be proud of you Ventus achieving all you have, making new friends and making peace with your darkness.” he shrugs sheepishly but his smile although small is clear and radiant. I continue “You’ve grown so much… and I guess I just want you to know that despite everything I'm still proud of you Ven, so proud.” Soon pulling him into a small yet reassuring hug. He lets it sit, nods within it and then sniffles suddenly “Guess I finally did it then.” he says.
My expression turns curious as I ask “Did what?”
He smiled wobbly and slightly choked up “Grow a backbone… I finally grew a backbone like he said I would.” I squeeze tighter for a moment before withdrawing and helping wipe away the small tears that pooled.
I smile and with a small melancholic chuckle say “Oh Ven you’ve always had one. You just needed to realize it.” At this he sprung back into my arms and what he said next just melted my already warmed heart away.

Alexxio M.

Awards
Next we have Ven’s second portion from that same story
Ventus
My heart pangs as his statement ripples through my heart and mind, it’s weight contrastingly making my light feel weightless and stronger than ever. It’s power bursting out in a singular embrace catching him off guard as I nestle myself back into his familiar vested button up stating with a newfound confidence, “I’m lucky aren’t I… and she was lucky too. Lucky to have you… Heh it feels funny to admit it but I want her to have that luck back almost as much as you do. I can’t rest on my laurels anymore and I won’t take my previous excuses because I have the knowledge now and have accepted it. But will you let me help you find her again, Lauriam?” he returns the embrace melting within it and nodding before answering “Of course Ven… Of course. We’ll find them all together.” The embrace melts us further and the bliss seemed like it could last forever. But soon enough plushy footsteps alert us to a friendly but unexpected visitor who giggles softly before saying “I’m glad to see you two made up.”
We withdraw as I ask “Chirithy you’re up?”
“Course I am when both of my wielders go missing, of course I’m gonna wake up.”
Lauriam responds slightly sheepishly, “Oh sorry to wake you Chirithy.”
“No worries Lauriam no worries. Curiosity led me here, not your absence. I had faith so I stayed with the others for a bit.”
“Wait so Chirithy how long were you up?”
“Oh not too long I stirred a bit after you left Ven but I fully awoke a bit after I heard your key flash. Thanks for the pets though they sure helped my curiosity stay at bay.”
Lauriam shakes his head but his smile is more proud. As I curiously ask “You heard everything didn’t you?”
She smiles slyly “perhaps but no worries if you two so wish my whiskers are sealed.”
We looked to each other quickly before synchronously saying “Yes please.”
“Gotcha!”
We smile “good.”
A soft silence embraces us for a short while as we once again take in the breeze and the scent of the pines and flowers before Lauriam asks slowly “So… what now.”
“Perhaps rejoin the others.” Chirithy brightly suggests. I shake my head “but it’s already morning there's no point in going back to sleep.”
Lauriam nods agreeably, turning pensive for a moment before saying “hmm what about breakfast?”
Chirithy bounces back a bit “Breakfast? This early?”
“Why not we have a lot of people to prepare for anyway.”
My smile widens “ok I’m game what were you thinking of making?”
“Depends on what you have in the castle. What would you like, Ven?”
“Pancakes… yeah lets make some pancakes.”
He smiles nostalgically “I’m guessing the chocolate chip variety, yes?”
“Yep but we should make some plain too Terra doesn’t really like sweets.”
“Noted, what about toppings and refreshments?”
“Castle’s still got us covered. If you thought the snack stash we had last night was big you haven’t seen anything yet.”
“Should I be amazed or worried, we all know how you get around sweets.”
“Ah don’t worry Aqua will cover that one for you in a heartbeat. Who you should be curious and more worried about would be Roxas, he’s not just Sora’s nobody ya know technically he’s mine too.”
“Fair point, I am quite curious.”
Chirithy bounces “You have your minds made up then don’t you.”
“Yep. Let's get started then. We do have a lot of people to cook for.” I say rushing past the both of them with pep and cheer. I take a right turn but quickly turn back saying “That is not the way to the kitchen.”
A snicker hangs at the edges of his question “Getting turned around in your own castle?”
“No. Just checking if it swapped on us the Castle of Departure changes its layout sometimes at random.”
“Hmm guess that's where Castle Oblivion gets it from.”
“Yeah. It keeps us on our toes, that's for sure.”