• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Greatest Invention

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cool man

As in "Chilly"
So the thread name sort of gave away everything. Anyway.

So, little ones, debate on what you believe is the greatest invention ever invented.

And please, some... reasonable opinions. S'all I ask for.

Lets debate.

Dogenzaka

PLATINUM USERNAME WINS
Awards
Killing is easy once you forget the taste of sugar
I believe it was the internet (just my opinion).

Gave people the opportunity to learn, communicate, grow, talk with people they never met, talk with family across the globe, instant message, email, get news faster than any other method, do homework, classes, shopping, selling, everything.

Medicine is a good one too....

Cool man

As in "Chilly"
Internet... never really considered that. But sure, Dogenzaka, you do have points.

But then again, it has many faults, correct? Human being's with somewhat criminal and perverted idea's get's advantages too, no?

Cid Highwind

The Captain
it has got to be the wheel. the wheel makes so many things possible. we use it for cars, our chairs, wheelbarrels, bikes, rollerblades, and so many other things. we would be no where today if we didn't have the wheel. but then again, how hard is it to think of a wheel?

Souretsu Gear

Nostalgia Tripping
I have to say ..................The Binary Computer and ARPAnet. Without those two, we would be in the old ages. Maybe the WLAN and other things that have to do with IT.

Straw_Hat

Oh wheel....where would we be without thee?

but seriously, i think it would have to be somethin simple like the wheel that helps us everyday

Savior of Dawn

Leader of the Dai Gurren Brigade
The computer. (Branching off into Binary, the Internet, and other such things.) As an item itself, it isn't anything fantastic, but it allows for work to move much faster. It's a way of enhancing the skills people already have.

Either that, or fire. The basis of all inventions are somehow connected to the 'Invention' of fire. Though, it's more the 'Discovery' of fire. Every single invention is somehow connected to fire. Cooking is probably one of my favorite inventions branched off from fire.

Savior of Dawn

Leader of the Dai Gurren Brigade
twilight_dragon said:
Yes fire is the greatest invention of all! Or Weapons.

Ah, but weapons come from fire. Fire allowed to make things to chop down trees for wood, and to heat metal to make blades.

Souretsu Gear

Nostalgia Tripping
Wow, there are many things we cannot do without fire. Like the greek fire the Greek's made

Greek fire was a burning-liquid weapon used by the Byzantine Empire, typically in naval battles to great effect as it could continue burning even on water. "Byzantine fire" was largely responsible for many Byzantine military victories, and partly the reason for the Eastern Roman Empire surviving as long as it did. The formula was a secret and remains a mystery to this day. As one contemporary victim of Greek fire advised his comrades, "every time they hurl the fire at us, we go down on our elbows and knees, and beseech Our Lord to save us from this danger."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back