• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Getting in Shape thread.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com
Mind, I've been well out of shape. I got Personal Trainer Walking a while ago, but I've had a weather problem..namely, can't when it rains.

Finally today I check the video shelf, and I found one of the exercise videos we inherited when my dad died. Mickey's Mousercise (Thought some of you would get a kick out of that)

Anyhoo, what do you guys do to keep in shape? Thought it might help get folks motivated..

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
How cuuuuuuuute?! I never heard of that.
I go to the gym...or let's say: I try to find the time to do so. Whenever I got free time besides work or school, I mostly spend it on learning (Japanese atm), maybe some videogames or reading / writing. :X
Speaking of it, I think I could go to the gym tonight. It's only 8:30 pm and it's open 24/7, soo...

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
My school forces us to play sports. If I had my way, I wouldn't be doing anything at all.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
My school forces us to play sports. If I had my way, I wouldn't be doing anything at all.

Doesn't every school try to do that?
Tbh, back in regular school, that prevented me from doing sports. People were picking on me, I was bad, I didn't have fun at all. :/ They're definitely trying this the wrong way, at least over here.

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com
Well, Mickey's Mousercise is a old exercise video done by Disney. (Proly Disney Channel back in the day) I couldn't make it all the way though right now but at least I got some exercise so I don't feel bad if I don't get 5k steps today. (And since I hate walking in the wet..well.)

As for Personal Trainer Walking; that's something Ninty did that later turned into the Pokewalker if a Wiki I read is right; My ultimate goal is 12k steps a day, but you have to work up to that. Then I'll see about bodyweight training since I can't afford a gym, and there's no place near us that has free weights that you can use for free (No YMCA, etc.).

And BlackOsprey; I feel for ya. When I was in school, I hated sports myself. I have a bum ankle that tends to make me want to scream if I run too long, so I have to stick to low impact stuff to avoid it hurting more. I suggest you check around, since yah, not getting enough exercise can get you in trouble later. High blood pressure runs in my family, I've ducked it so far but last time i checked it was borderline (not bad enough for meds, but I need to get my butt moving). Find something you LIKE to do for that if you hate sports (I sure do!) like long walks or something!

Last edited:

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
I walk a lot; if I have the option to walk somewhere (I.E. it's not stupid far) I will. Also my job keeps me on my feet so I'm either always standing or walking around.

I used to do a lot of swimming. I'm trying to find somewhere nice where I can get a membership and start swimming again. I'm also trying to get into yoga at home~

jnh71193

Awards
Besides walking long distances, I don't work out at all. I'm so out of shape. :(

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
Aw man, I have a weak constitution and normally can't do much without tuckering myself out fast. Normally, I just try to do some minor stuff at home, like stretching, calisthenics, and pacing.

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
Well, I usually go for a long evening walks, and I have been playing as floorball goalkeeper for six to seven years now. I am not in perfect shape(I learned that the hard way during my military service...), but I think it`s not in the worst possible condition it could be. I wish the floorball practice would be more than once in a week in the university, during high school we had 2 to 3 sessions.
I also used to play football during high school, but since I was so terrible in it(I got better but I was still pretty bad at it) I quit playing.
I had an partially opposite reaction during school`s sport class. I wasn`t really that good, but once during a floorball game I tried being a goalkeeper, and thought I was kinda good at it. Some of my classmates noticed that too, and my mom talked me over to try the floorball sports club, and the rest is history.

Last edited:

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
Doesn't every school try to do that?
Tbh, back in regular school, that prevented me from doing sports. People were picking on me, I was bad, I didn't have fun at all. :/ They're definitely trying this the wrong way, at least over here.
Yeah... all that hype around how wonderful it is to be part of a team, I wouldn't know anything about that. Being on a sports team was one of the worst experiences I've had at school. A lot of people just hated eachother, some would run off in tears after getting yelled at so much, and at the end of one season, the coach threw a tantrum and told us that we were all a bunch of worthless bricks that no one would care about in the next few years. :I

redcrown

Awards
the coach threw a tantrum and told us that we were all a bunch of worthless bricks that no one would care about in the next few years. :I

Did anyone report this to the school? That's some old fashioned out of line temperamental coaching right there.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
Seriously o0 Was that guy like...carrying a cane around with him? Because it sure sounds like that.

Grizzly

Stopza
Awards
I don't have time/the ability to currently go to the gym, but generally I'm trying to eat less junk food and get outside by running and p,aging basketball, but the weather has been so bad lately. My college next year has this new awesome fitness complex so I should be able to get in shape far more easily. I think sometimes people have an unnecessary obsession with losing weight, but it is important to be healthy and to get in shape.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back