• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The games difficulty

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Insomniac

Bronze Member
Awards
I beat the game on Proud without dying a single time, now I’m up to BattleGate 7 and I’m hoping one of these encounters will yield some higher difficulty. If not I really hope that they decide to add in a Critical Mode later on or at least some DLC enemies that are more appropriately balanced.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
I'm pretty much the same in this regard.
I tend to just skip the attraction prompts because in most cases they're simply too unwieldy and imprecise to be used.
The battle against the Rock Titan is an exception to this rule so far.

Especially the pirate ship is beyond annoying while the tea cups are in my view the best one along with the Buzz Lightyear shooting thingy.

I like the raft as well. Basically all the ones that are free controlling are fun, imo.

furusatoe

Personally, I think the Disney theme park rides are just broken. They should have relegated that mechanic to boss battles. Also, flowmotion as a battle mechanic is so unecessary.

I wonder if I'll have a battle that's as hard as Xaldin, Riku Ansem or Eraqus in this game.

Flowmotion definitely seemed better implemented in 3D. It seems more like a throwaway mechanic in this one. It's there, but not very useful. I don't mind it being there, though.

Attraction Flows are growing on me. I don't think they're significantly more broken than any of the other AOE attacks you have available to you.

I haven't found magic to be that useful so far. I LOVED using magic in 0.2 - especially the Grand Magic - but Sora's Thundaga just doesn't hold a candle to Aqua's. I've found magic to be mostly ineffective for crowd control so far, and only moderately useful for one-on-one combat. Does anyone know if there are magic upgrades in this game, or has all the upgraded magic been reduced to Grand Magic situation commands?

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
I like the Attractions, but I feel that there is already too much happening with special attacks with each or both party members, and the Keyblade Transformations. I feel like Attractions right now felt like a random craving Nomura had and wanted t fill in. I think they make the game easier.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I only like the free-moving Attractions. I hate the Pirate Ship and the merry-go-round one. That said, I think there needed to be more Attraction Flows to justify their existence in the game. Only having like five of them in the game (+ the big thunder mountain one which I don't count due to its limited use) felt like wasted potential?

Also I feel like Flowmotion as a travel mechanic should have been refined in KH3, not completely reduced to nothing. My brain instinctually tries to do Flowmotion movements and I get frustrated when Sora doesn't do them. I don't know what that says about how reliant on it I was in KH3D, but I do think it speaks to how Flowmotion feels more natural to use for exploration. Flowmotion in battle is pointless when most areas are these massive open fields.

I know Flowmotion is likely meant to be combined with Airstepping in combat onto poles and stuff, but I don't even think about Airstepping except when it is the ONLY way to get somewhere.

As for difficulty, I find that because of how easy things are in Proud, I hardly attempt to dodge or block which is a stark difference from when I used to block and dodge everything in past games. For enemies that do a lot of damage that you would think are the most logical to block or dodge from, they have attacks that break your block or hone on you that make your dodging useless.

Perhaps I'm still too low in level, but I feel like the abilities are not as in-depth as KH2? There are some really cool additions that I'm enjoying having chosen a magic-oriented path for Sora, but it leaves me wondering if and when anything cool will come along?

On some positives, I love the magic in this game. I wish they had more spells because the magic in this game is truly refined in that regard and it exactly the kind of system I've craved to use in past games. If I'm trying to make Sora a mage, let me get a variety of spells to cast besides the basics.

Edit: Whoops. Forgot to mention that I almost never use Links. There are just so few that I wish they had more with a bit more variety and functionality like summons in KH2 or Links in BBS. Ralph is the worst of them, too.

SoulXaldin

Awards
The game kind of overuses the attractions and situation commands to the point where you are rarely guiding through the menu to do anything else. The abundance of shortcuts also contributes to this, too. Fights aren’t all that difficult (I’m playing on proud), so I would have to agree that all these new mechanics in combat kinda feels like cheating. It’s fun, but still.

furusatoe

I rarely ever used limits in KH2 because I didn't like the MP drain, reserving them for the few occasions I absolutely needed the iframes for something (like the Data Org battles). But now that limit attacks are basically freebie situational commands in KH3, I use them all the time. I do like the way they spice up the battles, though it kind of feels cheap to use them without cost.

D

Deleted member 36435

think I died like twice on my proud play through by just using fire magic and the star seeker to melt bosses and never get touched by them. finished in ~23 hours

attractions are ugly as sin, pulled me out of the game, but were too strong and prevalent to just ignore

game needs a critical mode

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
I only like the free-moving Attractions. I hate the Pirate Ship and the merry-go-round one. That said, I think there needed to be more Attraction Flows to justify their existence in the game. Only having like five of them in the game (+ the big thunder mountain one which I don't count due to its limited use) felt like wasted potential?

Also I feel like Flowmotion as a travel mechanic should have been refined in KH3, not completely reduced to nothing. My brain instinctually tries to do Flowmotion movements and I get frustrated when Sora doesn't do them. I don't know what that says about how reliant on it I was in KH3D, but I do think it speaks to how Flowmotion feels more natural to use for exploration. Flowmotion in battle is pointless when most areas are these massive open fields.

I know Flowmotion is likely meant to be combined with Airstepping in combat onto poles and stuff, but I don't even think about Airstepping except when it is the ONLY way to get somewhere.

As for difficulty, I find that because of how easy things are in Proud, I hardly attempt to dodge or block which is a stark difference from when I used to block and dodge everything in past games. For enemies that do a lot of damage that you would think are the most logical to block or dodge from, they have attacks that break your block or hone on you that make your dodging useless.

Perhaps I'm still too low in level, but I feel like the abilities are not as in-depth as KH2? There are some really cool additions that I'm enjoying having chosen a magic-oriented path for Sora, but it leaves me wondering if and when anything cool will come along?

On some positives, I love the magic in this game. I wish they had more spells because the magic in this game is truly refined in that regard and it exactly the kind of system I've craved to use in past games. If I'm trying to make Sora a mage, let me get a variety of spells to cast besides the basics.

Edit: Whoops. Forgot to mention that I almost never use Links. There are just so few that I wish they had more with a bit more variety and functionality like summons in KH2 or Links in BBS. Ralph is the worst of them, too.

I have noticed that I don't dodge or block like I used to. I pretty much agree on all points tbh lol. Even tho I am having fun. I still think this game has been more challenging than vanilla KH2 honestly. And I was 12 when that came out. Doesn't mean they shouldn't at least add another difficulty. But if they nerfed attractions or something I wouldn't mind either.

bagcifreak

The game kind of overuses the attractions and situation commands to the point where you are rarely guiding through the menu to do anything else. The abundance of shortcuts also contributes to this, too. Fights aren’t all that difficult (I’m playing on proud), so I would have to agree that all these new mechanics in combat kinda feels like cheating. It’s fun, but still.

Sameee! I think attraction flows should have been handled very differently. They should have been something that just very rarely pops up or they could be Keyblade finishers idk. I love the Keyblade transformations and team attacks popped up quite rarely for me so I don't mind them. But the attractions are too OP and gimmicky.

OneDandelion

Awards
2.8 literally had combat perfect and why I had a lot of hope for KHIII going into it. 2.8 was a perfect Kingdom Hearts game and everything that KHIII should have been in terms of combat. Attractions ruined the combat in this game completely.

notnow123487

Awards
I feel like with attraction flows they announced too early and had to commit to it not realizing how it would affect gameplay flow. It’s terrible

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
KH3 was extremely easy. The only times that I "died" were in
Spoiler Spoiler Show
I don't really count those as deaths

I played Proud mode. There was just something different about the combat in KH3 compared to the others. Maybe it's too fast? Maybe you're flying in the air too much? I feel like I never had to use guard during boss fights or run away from the boss to get some space between us. All the boss fights I just ran straight up to them and mashed X and won. The only boss that gave me some trouble was
Spoiler Spoiler Show

I would like if there was a way to disable the attractions. They were fun for the first few times, but then became way too OP. I stopped using them after I realized there were only 4 or 5 and no more to unlock. However I will say that I love the number of options you have in the game. You can fight like the old days - just magic and keyblade - or you can use the keyblade transformations/shotlock/links/attractions.

Maybe they needed to make the bosses harder? I can't particularly think of a hard boss or a boss that required strategy to beat them. Like how in KH1 you needed to bring Ethers and arrange your magic shortcuts differently for Ursula and Phantom.

Back