• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The games difficulty

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
Yeah Standard this time says "for first time players" so I guess Proud is just meant for veterans in general. I am only in Olympus still but none of my party members have been knocked out yet, let alone Sora lol. Though I have had a few close calls. It seems like when you set it to be reserved about healing it means it lol. I may play with that a bit more.

I am guessing Beginner is not just for those who are bad at games, which it of course is, but it also makes it more accessible to fans with disabilities that can make playing games a bit challenging but who don't want to just look it all up on Youtube. Which is always a welcome thing.

Experience this game in person definitely seems like the way to go so far at least lol. I doubt just looking up spoilers and synopsis does it justice.

Awards
I’ve been debating on starting it on Standard or Proud, but I think i will choose Standard because I really want my first playthrough to be more about the story for me. I’ll definitely choose Proud for my second playthrough though.

I’m surprised Standard is apparently so easy because in DDD it was still a bit challenging. *Haunting memories of The Grid and fighting Rinzler* xD

Ranma

Awards
Website
profile.myspace.com
I played on Proud. I didn't really die until closer to the finale. But trust me, it does get harder. Haven't played Standard yet...

The Hidden Mickey's range from straight up in your face to only visible at a specific angle. I'm still missing most of them. They don't change between difficulties but the requires amount to unlock the secret movie does.

GrumpyRoxy

I am playing on Proud mode and my first and only death so far was against a Gigas on Galaxy Toys' Second Floor. There are some enemies that hit really hard, but the party members are so useful that they will make sure you remain alive as long as they can help.

xXFALORXx

Awards
I'm playing on proud without Auto-Fill on items and its quite challanging. I played through Olympus and almost died on the final boss.

Awards
Actually it’s not as easy as I thought it would be on Standard. I’ve only died one, but I’ve come close MANY times. The first 2 worlds are easy, but it gets more and more challenging after that.

bagcifreak

The only fight I struggled with during my standard gameplay so far is the Gummi Ship boss from Arendelle. I think there might be too big of a difficulty gap between standard and proud.

Xblade13

The Cleric of Flamesgrace
Awards
Proud so far for me has been just the right amount of difficulty to make me feel like I'm playing KH1 for the first time again. I just finished Kingdom of Corona, and already I've died a few times and been saved by Kupo Coins thrice. It's quite easy to get lost in the combat and forget you have less health than the enemies can dish out in a single hit. Toy Box was especially rough on me with those Gigas mechs actually.

About to embark towards Monstropolis but I have so much I've missed in every world so far. I'm not worried though, as that leaves plenty for me to go back to every place and explore for.

EchoFringe49

playing on proud. I'm up to Monstropolis right now and its the first world to have consistently challenging encounters. I feel like I'm using all the abilities at my disposal and I've actually died a few times here! The other worlds so far have maybe had one fairly hard encounter for each (like the Gigas minigame), but other than that, its a bit of a cakewalk.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
Tbh I was kinda disappointed by the difficulty. Proud is so easy that I considered switching to Level1 right away. Then during the last two disney worlds there was a sudden increase in enemy damage, but nothing some magic and a Hi-Potion wouldn't be able to deal with. Kinda sad. :(

Recon

Art of War
Awards
Proud mode feels like the right difficulty to me. Though all these links, flows, and forms kinda feels like cheesing. Don’t get me wrong the combat is the best in the series, but with all these forms of attack they could have at least upped the difficulty.

Thorf

Proud mode feels like the right difficulty to me. Though all these links, flows, and forms kinda feels like cheesing. Don’t get me wrong the combat is the best in the series, but with all these forms of attack they could have at least upped the difficulty.

It does feel weird when you're fighting some super-powerful boss and you kill them with a fairground attraction.

But my favourite yet was when I was fighting one of the later bosses, a really nasty one, and with perfect timing Goofy's combo attack came up. Killed it by flinging Goofy in its face. My wife and I couldn't stop laughing, it was great.

mriku90

Awards
If people want a challenge turn off XP which you can add on and you will no longer get experience. If people want to make the game difficult I can't think of anything more then that. You can also turn off MP as well.

This game doesn't need a Critical mode when it has those two things. Just start a new game with both those things and I'm sure it'll be a challenge.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
If people want a challenge turn off XP which you can add on and you will no longer get experience. If people want to make the game difficult I can't think of anything more then that. You can also turn off MP as well.

This game doesn't need a Critical mode when it has those two things. Just start a new game with both those things and I'm sure it'll be a challenge.

That's true, I kinda forgot about that. Their are tools to make it harder lol. I guess there was no way for them to know to turn on those abilities for sure on their first run though. I do still think we could get a Critical Mode, as the former was in all the games with it as well. That MP one is new though.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
As of now, I have finished Toy Box, and am playing on Standard. I think the game's difficult, in this mode, is "okay". On a scale from 0 to 10, with 10 being hardest, I think the game is a solid 6 in terms of difficulty.

I am looking forward to replaying it on Proud.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Personally, I think the Disney theme park rides are just broken. They should have relegated that mechanic to boss battles. Also, flowmotion as a battle mechanic is so unecessary.

I wonder if I'll have a battle that's as hard as Xaldin, Riku Ansem or Eraqus in this game.

mriku90

Awards
I stopped using the attractions, I much prefer the team moves and the keyblade forms for damage.

The combat in this game is simple but addicting. Very addicting.

I've died once so far and it was to Gothel's heartless. Many many close calls, and I refuse to buy the Moogle Coin.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
I stopped using the attractions, I much prefer the team moves and the keyblade forms for damage.

I'm pretty much the same in this regard.
I tend to just skip the attraction prompts because in most cases they're simply too unwieldy and imprecise to be used.
The battle against the Rock Titan is an exception to this rule so far.

Especially the pirate ship is beyond annoying while the tea cups are in my view the best one along with the Buzz Lightyear shooting thingy.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
Personally, I don't think turning off MP in a game where a lot of the gameplay elements depend on it is the solution to the game being too easy...?

Of course not using certain elements is an option to make a game harder, but going level 1 and being stuck on an enemy with 10 or so life bars while dealing chip damage isn't a challenge. It's artificial difficulty at best :l

shady543

Awards
I chose standard without the knowledge of proud being really easy, and I do regret it. I have always chosen standard and it was pretty difficult on BBS for me so I didn't want to risk it lol. Now I wish I chose proud but I've completed some worlds and really don't feel like starting over. :')

Back