• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The games difficulty

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

bagcifreak

So I got the game on Saturday and have played like 12 hours I think and have visited and finished 4 worlds.

The game so far is incredibly easy to me. I'm playing on Standard. The only KH game I ever played on proud was 0.2 because even on standard I often had a very difficult time with some bosses (KH1 Ansem final form ughhh) so I never attempted playing any other KH games on proud and especially not critical.

In those 4 worlds I obviously encountered final/world bosses and so far I haven't died a single time and barely use cure. Also the final bosses are defeated very fast and easily.

The boss designs are great but I thinl standard mode is a lot lot easier than in any of the previous games. If I wasn't so deep in the game I would just re-start it cause I'm kinda underwhelmed by how easy it is.

Anyone else has this problem? I would recommend people who have no issue playing on proud to start their first playthrough on proud. I've played all KH games but consider my playstyle average/good so I'm really surprised at how easy the game is to me.

Just a heads up lol.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
The game was designed with Proud Mode in mind. It’s about as hard as vanilla KH2, so you might want to move up to Proud Mode.

NoWay

Awards
Can critical mode be unlocked after completing the game?

kaseykockroach

Awards
The game was designed with Proud Mode in mind. It’s about as hard as vanilla KH2, so you might want to move up to Proud Mode.
Thanks for the heads-up! I don’t mind, Standard’s probably meant for kids rather than masters like us. ;)

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Now I wanna watch a pigeon play KHIII.

Lol, what does the pigeon say when it starts the Mountain Railroad Attraction Flow?

344xs91.jpg

kaseykockroach

Awards
If Standard is for kids then what is Beginner mode for?
Toddlers? Cats? Pigeons?

Game critics that compare every game that at any point offers anything resembling a challenge to Dark Souls.
"I died once to this boss!?!....is Kingdom Hearts the new Dark Souls?"

kaseykockroach

Awards
I'll do Proud. Even if it turns out to be harder than anticipated, what the hey, that's what hanging back to grind and explore for goodies is for.

Moonlight Aqua

~Living in a dream~
Awards
The difficulty of finding the Hidden Mickeys doesn’t change between difficulty modes, and Proud mode is proving to be easy outside of late-game content.

But how are they hard to find? Like if I'm walking around, will I notice them quickly? Is there a journal section to keep track?

Then I might do my first Proud mode run. :3

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
But how are they hard to find? Like if I'm walking around, will I notice them quickly? Is there a journal section to keep track?

Then I might do my first Proud mode run. :3

Donald and Goofy will yell at you that there is a Hidden Mickey nearby, and there is a way to keep track of them in the Gummiphone.

I can’t speak to how hard they are to find, but some are optical illusions, some are easily seen. But again, Donald and Goofy yell at you about them so you will at least know to look for one.

Moonlight Aqua

~Living in a dream~
Awards
Donald and Goofy will yell at you that there is a Hidden Mickey nearby, and there is a way to keep track of them in the Gummiphone.

I can’t speak to how hard they are to find, but some are optical illusions, some are easily seen. But again, Donald and Goofy yell at you about them so you will at least know to look for one.

lol, knowing my dumb self I'll be blind and not see them xD

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
As I'm playing the game since Saturday one thing I can say is that approximately 80% of the Hidden Mickeys are rather easy to find by just looking around and paying attention.
There are some which are a bit harder because they're small and almost the same color as the background they're on, but as said Donald and Goofy will give a verbal hint if one is nearby.

That being said, can photos of the Hidden Mickeys be deleted from the photo album once they're registered?
When I want to take selfies with other characters and do the Moogle photo missions I fear that the available 100 spots for photos will be full pretty quickly and the Hidden Mickey shots take up space.

Thorf

That being said, can photos of the Hidden Mickeys be deleted from the photo album once they're registered?

Yes, you can freely delete them and they remain in the Lucky Marks album. It also asks you if you want to replace your old photo with a new one if you retake any of the Lucky Marks.

On the general topic of the thread... Regarding difficulty, I've been playing since release, about to start the last regular world. There have definitely been some difficult battles, but I don't think I've died much either. I'm not sure I'd say it's easier or harder than KH or KHII (which I just replayed within the last month). I've played them all on Standard, and outside of a few especially tricky boss battles I feel like I've seen about the same number of game over screens across all three games.

My advice would be to choose the same as you usually choose. Also, if you are averse to having to redo stuff (as I am), I'd advise against Proud mode.

Beginner is for people who aren't good at games in general but still want to play. I had a friend (sadly now no longer with us) who loved games but was also the least skilled at playing them of anyone I've ever met; my wife also loves Kingdom Hearts, but she gets so frustrated when things don't go her way that you wouldn't want to be in the same room with her; and my kids are currently loving KHIII, but reasonably new to games in general. These are the people who Beginner was made for. I'm really thankful that it exists for them.

Back