• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Future of Xion

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Prince

Hello! I am new here, and I made an account so I could write this.

The RAX trio, being my favourite trio and the main reason I even keep playing these games (besides Ephemer, whom I love with my entire being, the absolute cinnamon), is something I keep coming back to thinking about. Like, it is pretty obvious where Axel's story is heading from now and on, with him and Saix (May he never get a keyblade) looking for Subject X (Skuld, probably). However, what I dont really see being talked about a lot is Roxas and Xion.
And it seems this stems from the assumption that their characterization begins and ends at them being victims? Like, as if their whole character arcs were about them dying and being used as tragedy fuel. While there is SOME truth to that, I suppose, they did have distinct personalities and motivations.
Roxas main motivation, as far as I remember, was to have a normal life where he was not directly associated with Sora. Considering he will now be associated with Ventus too, whom he doesnt know, I think Roxas will want to stay away from the action. Likely he will remain the guardian of Twilight Town, if anything. I cant see him being the center of any conflict until after he graduates unless he gets pulled into it by someone else, perhaps as decoy to help Ventus escape from Luxu. Otherwise, Roxas can be retired to a supporting character.
Xion, on the other hand, is not like that? Like, I remember her also wanting a normal life, but her extreme sense of duty would override that. Xion, even though she might wish to retire, would not. This is the girl that cast aside her entire life with Roxas and Axel with a suicide mission, only to make Sora wake up because he was better suited to handle the Organization. She might not have a direct story to follow from here on out, nor anyone directly targeting her. For all intents and purposes, Xion doesnt NEED to be in the action. But she wouldnt be able to help herself. Not the Xion I remember.

I believe Xion is going to hone her shapeshifting powers and turn it into an advantage rather than a side effect of her existence. This could make her a spy character. She does have unique powers that no other protagonist seem to have. She was also able to sense Kairi, which tells me she might be able to sense everyone in her memories. I can see her potential turn her into a type of Blue Mage from final fantasy, with her taking powers from other characters. In fact, she already did this as a final boss in Kingdom Hearts Days!! Eventually, I could see her approaching Rogue-like powers (Rogue, as in the Xman), but thats just wishful thinking on my part.

What do you guys think/wish? Id like to hear more about her potential as a character

Last edited:

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
Honestly when it comes to Xion and Roxas I'm torn. I really love these characters and don't want to see them go, but at the same time they're goal was to be able to live a normal live. They're not like Sora, Riku and Kairi, who want adventures. It'd also be a good way to shrink down the cast a bit moving forward having them be support characters for the other cast members.

Like Naminé, both Xion and Roxas for the first time since coming into being have to figure out what they want to do and what life they want to live. Unlike Naminé they already have a world they call home, but they haven't really figured out anything else. So if they were benched that could be their subplot.

On the other hand I can't really see them not offer to help Axel in his search for Subject X, their his best friends and more than a normal life I think both Xion and Roxas would want to be with him, their desire was more for the three of them to be together than just to lead ordinary lives.

If the series had a better grasp on a larger cast I'd definitely want their stories to be continued, but perhaps it's best to put them on the bench for now and reintroduce them as the story develops and new roles for them form.

I love the idea of having Xion take on a bit more of a blue mage role, gaining abilities form enemies.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
Honestly when it comes to Xion and Roxas I'm torn. I really love these characters and don't want to see them go, but at the same time they're goal was to be able to live a normal live. They're not like Sora, Riku and Kairi, who want adventures. It'd also be a good way to shrink down the cast a bit moving forward having them be support characters for the other cast members.

Like Naminé, both Xion and Roxas for the first time since coming into being have to figure out what they want to do and what life they want to live. Unlike Naminé they already have a world they call home, but they haven't really figured out anything else. So if they were benched that could be their subplot.

On the other hand I can't really see them not offer to help Axel in his search for Subject X, their his best friends and more than a normal life I think both Xion and Roxas would want to be with him, their desire was more for the three of them to be together than just to lead ordinary lives.

If the series had a better grasp on a larger cast I'd definitely want their stories to be continued, but perhaps it's best to put them on the bench for now and reintroduce them as the story develops and new roles for them form.

I love the idea of having Xion take on a bit more of a blue mage role, gaining abilities form enemies.

I agree mostly with this. I want to see Xion (And Roxas and Axel) to continue to be in the series, but I suspect it will be in a support/bench role. Which is not bad, at least for her. Xion is not in a Kairi situation where she's sucked in nearly every game she's been in.

And if Kingdom Hearts was better at juggling a large cast of characters then I'd name a bunch of things I want to see Xion do. Xion is such a weird character and there are so many situations I want to see her involved in that it's too many to list for me. I love weird characters that defy logic. Short version I want to see more slice of life moments with her and her friends and more then anything I want to see how she'll interact with Isa, considering their bad history in Organization XIII. The potential storylines they could do with this would get me excited.

Some people say bringing Xion back ruins/cheapens her story. I get where they are coming from, but I don't feel that way myself. I would only fully agree with that statement if they write her off after KH3. Because what was the point of saving her then never using her again? Same with Roxas. They served a better purpose as dead Sora parts in that case. But now that they are back make them fully become apart of the KH universe. Xion should be the poster child of Replicas with Riku Replica gone.

Divine Past

Bronze Member
Awards
To me the issue is the game is almost always going to be Sora focused. So the screen time for the other heroes is mostly going to be limited. I think for Roxas and Xion they will mostly stay at Twilight Town and maybe do some investigation on the abandon mansion. That seems like a way for Nomura to write them a plot point where he does not have to give them much screen time. Roxas and the TT gang seem to love investigation anyways so it fits and once again Nomura gets an excuse to not give them much screen time.

My problem with Xion in a more fighter role is she really sucks at it. Liking maybe only Kairi and Lea are below her in terms of skill. given what we have seen so far. So she seems to be more useful in the bench role away from the fighting action.

Or maybe Roxas and Xion will be used as fodder for whichever big bad person Nomura wants to build-up in the next saga so we seem them get destroyed as a way to build the reputation of the villain.

Back