• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Future of Kingdom Hearts (Spoilers)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
D

Deleted member 246005

Basically i don't see Ansem the Wise and his apprentices having a huge role. They would be supporting players or the replacements for Leon and his crew.

They could still have a role to play but not a huge one.

I wanted to do a Xion centered storyline with the Data realm. I thought of a subplot where Xion has an interest in science so they would act as her mentors.

SerDuncan

I definitely also remember Nomura saying that future entries won't be numbered, because he felt like the numbers made people call the other games in the franchise spin offs... even though they weren't. He also said something about getting tired of the constant pressure to make KH3 really good because it was a numbered game.

I cannot find this article, but I could SWEAR that he said this. Or something similar, leading up to KH3.

ultima-demi

(>..)>
Awards
I definitely also remember Nomura saying that future entries won't be numbered, because he felt like the numbers made people call the other games in the franchise spin offs... even though they weren't. He also said something about getting tired of the constant pressure to make KH3 really good because it was a numbered game.

I cannot find this article, but I could SWEAR that he said this. Or something similar, leading up to KH3.
Yeah, I knew i wasn't crazy. Not sure where i saw this said tho

Zach2

I really hope Kairi will be playable/have a bigger role in the future. Mostly, I really hope she and Sora will finally be together

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
I think we are almost guaranteed a game akin to CoM linking KHIII to KHIV. More than one 'side game' and I'll lose my sh*t.

NoWay

Awards
As long as they keep on releasing games on the PS4/PS5 with the UE4, I haven’t got any problems with side games because in the past they felt not as good as the mainline games because of the hardware limitations. But if SE keeps on releasing on the next/current gen consoles, I think every following game could be phenomenal.

disney233

Awards
Hopefully the Next Saga would give us Better Disney Worlds (Like Pocahontas, Incredibles, Moana, Zootopia, Jungle Book, The Princess and the Frog, Brave, Inside Out, Coco, Wreck it Ralph (Unless they do it with the Sequel), Bambi, Sword in the Stone, Brother Bear, Treasure Planet, Atlantis The Lost Empire, Dinosaur, Emperor's New Groove, Meet the Robinsons) (And returning Ones like Agrabah, Pride Lands, Toy Story and Arendelle)
It's hard for me to want any of these worlds after seeing how the KH worlds throughout the series have been treated as nothing more than level placeholders.

disney233

Awards

Can't say that I blame him. Everyone approached 3 with extremely high expectations, I'd be lying if I said I was one of them. KH3 broke that expectation mold, and on a writing standpoint, I can understand having to tweak in SO many characters to appease the fans as well as the addition of new ones like MoM and the Foretellers. I'm.....not a fan of KH3, and what has happened to it has made me serverely worried about what's to come in the future series, but...at the same time.....oof.

The Kid

Awards
So with the FF7 Remake being in parts and part 1 just being Midgar, how does this change things? I figure Nomura will continue to be heavily involved with the remake project. How does that affect KH in the future? Idk if we'll get a major AAA release anytime soon if his focus is on FF7 for the next decade

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
So with the FF7 Remake being in parts and part 1 just being Midgar, how does this change things? I figure Nomura will continue to be heavily involved with the remake project. How does that affect KH in the future? Idk if we'll get a major AAA release anytime soon if his focus is on FF7 for the next decade

When one project ends production, he likely will switch his primary focus on the next one while early production work starts on FF7R pt.2.

It was how he was working on KH3 and FF7R to begin with. KH3 had his primary focus but FF7R was still deep in development. Both projects have co-directors who are there to handle the day-to-day management of these teams when he is unable to be around.

After KH3 ended, his primary focus was on FF7R. And it’s important to remember that Nomura isn’t like divided between the games. He‘s been giving each game 100% his time and attention, so he’s likely been working stupid crazy hours for a few years now.

Likely if all hands are not on deck for Re:Mind, then it would not be surprising at all if the Osaka team was already in early production on next KH title.

The Kid

Awards
I
When one project ends production, he likely will switch his primary focus on the next one while early production work starts on FF7R pt.2.

It was how he was working on KH3 and FF7R to begin with. KH3 had his primary focus but FF7R was still deep in development. Both projects have co-directors who are there to handle the day-to-day management of these teams when he is unable to be around.

After KH3 ended, his primary focus was on FF7R. And it’s important to remember that Nomura isn’t like divided between the games. He‘s been giving each game 100% his time and attention, so he’s likely been working stupid crazy hours for a few years now.

Likely if all hands are not on deck for Re:Mind, then it would not be surprising at all if the Osaka team was already in early production on next KH title.
I agree that they are probably already starting to plan the next KH but I got the feeling that the next KH game would be smaller in scale compared to KH3. I'm just wondering when the next 'big' KH game might come out. Although I guess there's the possibility that Nomura doesn't direct all parts of the FF7 remake and he eventually takes a producer role like Kitase and someone else directs so KH4 can be worked on

HakaishinChampa

Awards
As much as I love the Disney Worlds, while playing KHIII for the first time I was more excited about the Kingdom Hearts plot details. The Disney Worlds were fun but to me it didn't add anything to the plot.

I think they should either deviate from Disney Worlds or try to involve them in the plot a bit more. The only world I can think of that might be important in the future besides the New 7 Light worlds would be the Toy Box because Verum Rex is in that world and I'd love to see why Yozora is a Video Game character and why he is in Shinjuku in the secret ending.

disney233

Awards
As much as I love the Disney Worlds, while playing KHIII for the first time I was more excited about the Kingdom Hearts plot details. The Disney Worlds were fun but to me it didn't add anything to the plot.

I think they should either deviate from Disney Worlds or try to involve them in the plot a bit more. The only world I can think of that might be important in the future besides the New 7 Light worlds would be the Toy Box because Verum Rex is in that world and I'd love to see why Yozora is a Video Game character and why he is in Shinjuku in the secret ending.
I hate this. This is what I hate about Kingdom Hearts. I hate that such a wide universe the KH world is in and they don't decide to use it to its full potential. Either Disney and Square needs to lighten up their restrictions or screw off. Also hate how Disney decides to take ownership to all the KH characters. Adds even more salt into the wound. So unfortunately, if Disney screws off, so will ALL the main cast. (Is that correct...?)

Back