• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Future of Kingdom Hearts (Spoilers)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

MrFranklin95

Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
So after watching the secret movies, I got excited for what's next to come for the Kingdom Hearts franchise, which leads to my main question. If you could any game, which one:

Kingdom Hearts X type game - focusing on the fortellers and updates graphics engine. Or I guess a better selection, would you be okay with side games for now until the next mainline game as king and they're on console or the Switch? Maybe a Yoroza Game?

Kingdom Hearts 4 - Go straight ahead to Kingdom Hearts with no side games in between? Maybe focusing on getting Sora back as the prologue.

As far as the other characters, what do you suppose their roles will be?

Kairi
Roxas
Xion
Axel & Saix
Namine
The Twilight trio (Hayner, Pence, Ollette)
Aqua
Terra
Ventus
Marluxis
Larxene
Demyx
Yoroza
Radiant Garden Cast (Ansem the Wise, Vexen, Zexion) (possibly the FF characters returning?)

The only ones I can think with anything concrete is Axel and Saix with the girl subplot and Ventus, Demyx, Marluxia, and Larxene since they come from Forteller era. But what do think? Would you want any side games based around them before KH4?

I personally want a Yoroza game that focus on Sora and Riku , a Kairi side game with Namine and Xion before a Kingdom Hearts 4. And the Union Cross to somehow translate to console with updates graphics. Maybe also something for the BBS trio again.

But what do you guys think? What will be the future of Kingdom Hearts?

Last edited:

OneDandelion

Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show

MrFranklin95

Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Noruma has said in the past that Sora will always be the main character. So he'll defintely return in KH4. I honestly have no doubt about that. But yes, I agree, I do think the series will transition to the KHuX stuff but I don't think the others characters are gonna get shoved away. There's too much potential for all of them for it to go to waste.

Plus, with the whole case, you have a cast of characters to focus on. I rather they get development and focus rather then introducing new characters on top of the foretellers and possibly Yoroza.

Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

OneDandelion

Awards
When did he say that? The context matters because the story had only really been expanded beyond the Xehanort saga with union cross. Im questioning if he meant Sora would only be the main protagonist of this story prior to him expanding it.

For many fans this is the final game after all and its not like there havent been games with main protagonists other than sora in the past

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
Can we please God have one main game follow another without a crap-ton of side games on handhelds in between? Just, please, for once! Why did they even bother with the HD releases if they're going to repeat that all over again?

I'm hoping KH4 opens with a prologue of Riku bringing back Sora in some way. And Sora deals with the issues of having used the power of waking for most of the game until he officially overcomes the problem for good. I hope RAX + Isa and Namine are still a part of the game, as well as everyone at Radiant Garden. TAV can disappear now. I mean, I won't be upset if TAV stick around--I do love Aqua--but there are a lot of characters and some of them will have to go. Those three seem the most unrelated to everyone else.

Last edited:

MrFranklin95

Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
Can we please God have one main game follow another without a crap-ton of side games on handhelds in between? Just, please, for once! Why did they even bother with the HD releases if they're going to repeat that all over again?

Honestly I was thinking about this and I was on the same boat then I thought... we aren't really in the same situation. The 3DS will probably die off pretty soon now that the Switch is full effect. And there are no other significant handhelds at all on the market right now.

And to be honest I rather have games focusing on other characters before we get back to Sora in KH4.

At this point, I kind of treat mainline games like Avengers films. They're main event story lines where everything sort of ties together until the next one. And since the only handhelds out right now is the 3DS and that'l probably be discontinued pretty soon, I would assume a side game would be on console.

The whole point of the collections was to get them all on console but I wouldn't be surprised if they did this model again, of having side games between mainline games. It worked for KH3 at this point given all the hype and anticipation of plotlines. Also given the fact that Sqaure has some projects they want to focus on and a KH4 is a big title to focus on.

I dont know. I know that might annoy people a lot but I'm cool with going back to side games for a while and getting Final Mix DLC for KH3 in the meantime

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
I would certainly hope that they plan on starting the next saga officially with the next numbered title.

TruestSyn

Bronze Member
Awards
I would certainly hope that they plan on starting the next saga officially with the next numbered title.

Same, it'd be weird to start the next saga off with a side story or even an inbetween story. I wouldn't mind flashbacks of playable sequences from 3 like Kairi/Lea but I'd much rather KH4 be the next title and have it start the new saga off strong. Do stand alone downloadable games as side titles in the future since handheld gaming is dying. I doubt we'll see new handhelds for a while. Sony was successful with the Vita but not outside of Japan and the 3DS has run its course.

mriku90

Awards
Didn't Nomura say that he would focus on KH4 over DLC? I imagine our next KH title will be KH4.

I also think another plotline set up as Mal and Pete's quest not to mention the new POH like Moana, Tiana, and Merida and their respective worlds.

ultima-demi

(>..)>
Awards
Am i remembering wrong or didn't nomura say numbered titles are likely to be done with? I feel like the numbers were fine for the Xehanort saga but they should change it up for the next. I don't want to see KH4, KH5 and KH6.

mriku90

Awards
Am i remembering wrong or didn't nomura say numbered titles are likely to be done with? I feel like the numbers were fine for the Xehanort saga but they should change it up for the next. I don't want to see KH4, KH5 and KH6.

I don't recall Nomura ever saying something like that.

bagcifreak

To avoid any problems with the story I think the smartest move would be remaking Union X into a full console videogame. Maybe instead of "Player" we actually play the union leaders and until the point where they traveled time (or whatever) and lost their memories. If KH4 comes out before this I fear people will complain once again cause they won't understand the next saga without having played a dumb mobile game.

KeybladeOrder

Awards
Same, it'd be weird to start the next saga off with a side story or even an inbetween story. I wouldn't mind flashbacks of playable sequences from 3 like Kairi/Lea but I'd much rather KH4 be the next title and have it start the new saga off strong. Do stand alone downloadable games as side titles in the future since handheld gaming is dying. I doubt we'll see new handhelds for a while. Sony was successful with the Vita but not outside of Japan and the 3DS has run its course.
I've actually come to the conclusion that Union X is supposed to be that in-between story. Leaving aside the vague allusions to Ven, Lauriam, and Elrena's backstories, there's nothing in the mobile game that's actually critical to Xehanort's plans, and it feels in retrospect like the only reason it was released before KH3 is so that we'd know who Luxu and the Foretellers are.

As for Sora given the fact that the secret ending all but states that he ended up in the TWEWY universe (the 104 building and the Scramble Crossing are that game's central location), I think our next experience with Sora is going to be Joshua entering him into the Reaper's Game (with or without entry fee) to repay Sora for helping him in DDD.

Last edited:
Awards
Whatever the case may be, I now realize in retrospect that a number of the questions raised since KHX--namely the black box--were never meant to be setups for KH3, but for the story that followed.

D

Deleted member 246005

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Hallowseve

It seems the next arc will be based around the events of KHUX and the present, as well as the future. Ventus, Lea, Isa, Marluxia, Larxene, Demyx and Luxord I feel will all play an important role in the next arc. The Union leaders, the Foretellers, Luxu and the Master of Masters will also play a major role; I think they'll reveal the Master of Masters as the primary antagonist, but then again we don't know... we'll see. Anyway, I hope we don't have to wait a long time for future KH installments. I'm not expecting anything more this year, except maybe DLC, but I think we'll get an announcement in 2020. Personally, I wouldn't mind a KHUX console game where we play as Ephemer, Skuld, both, or all of the new Union leaders. No matter what happens, I'm looking forward to future KH games.

UltimaXOmega

Spoiler Spoiler Show

horto12485

Awards
Hopefully the Next Saga would give us Better Disney Worlds (Like Pocahontas, Incredibles, Moana, Zootopia, Jungle Book, The Princess and the Frog, Brave, Inside Out, Coco, Wreck it Ralph (Unless they do it with the Sequel), Bambi, Sword in the Stone, Brother Bear, Treasure Planet, Atlantis The Lost Empire, Dinosaur, Emperor's New Groove, Meet the Robinsons) (And returning Ones like Agrabah, Pride Lands, Toy Story and Arendelle)

Back