• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Future of Final Fantasy

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrono Mizaki

Banned
It's a gaming magazine in the UK that claims the rumour that we will be hearing news of Final Fantasy XV for E3 2011 (as part of the 25th Anniversary).

Final Fantasy XV heading for E3 2012 unveiling? | Metro.co.uk

It's slated to be released for the PS3, 360, Wii U and the PC. Take it with a grain of salt. Some are already thinking it's Versus XIII renamed.

But if that was the case, I would love a PC release. Throw that with Steamworks and I'll be all over it. 1080 @ 60 FPS and I will laugh at you lowly console peasants <3

Hero

See You Space Cowboy!
Awards
I know they renamed Type O, but I don't see how Versus would benefit from being renamed to FF XV. Besides, how can work get started on XV if they haven't even finished Versus. It makes no sense.

loke13

Waiting on FF XV and KH3 :D
Because XIII is now a name for disaster? Bad reputation set by Final Fantasy XIII (which has an effect on XIII-2 sales) and the fact that Versus XIII is a very big title.
As long as it's part of the FNC mythos I really don't care.

Jackstin

Bronze Member
Awards
Despite the shoddiness of the sources, I still hope Versus is renamed FFXV. VII and Xs mythologies are the same, so it shouldnt be a problem that XIII and XVs are too. Plus they could always make changes.

And as someone mentioned before, XIII is a damaged brand, even in Japan.

Phantom Knight

I actually love XIII, but I really think that this should either be a false rumor or just a renaming of Versus XIII, preferably the latter so that we can just get the game already.

Zen

Silver Member
Awards
There's no benefits from renaming Versus XIII to XV; so, I don't see a reason to do that. Even if XIII is damaged, I doubt it's enough to hurt sales and interest for Versus XIII which people keep asking S-E about.

WaveK89

Oh, if Versus XIII was renamed into FFXV and was to release for those consoles, quite a few people who wanted Versus to be a PS3 exclusive will be enraged. Anyway, while possible, I think it's unlikely.

Despite what Square has pulled out recently, (the good and the bad) I still can't wait to see what they pull out for the next main installment. Unfortunately, we're back to the 5-7 month lull. It seems we had just escaped from that. At least KH3D is along the way.

I just got to keep the grain of salt in mind.

Shadow_

Banned
Awards
I honestly think S.E. should stop making FF games until they get FF13 Versus out, just because it means we might wait longer. They should put there entire staff on FF13 Versus before going to FF15.

Jackstin

Bronze Member
Awards
I don't think its fair to call the next 5 months an FF lull as FF13-2 is out in a month XD. I've somehow managed to remain unspoiled :p

Shadow_

Banned
Awards
wish I could say the same thing, I've spoiled my self to the entire end of the game :(

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
I know they renamed Type O, but I don't see how Versus would benefit from being renamed to FF XV.
There's no benefits from renaming Versus XIII to XV; so, I don't see a reason to do that. Even if XIII is damaged, I doubt it's enough to hurt sales and interest for Versus XIII which people keep asking S-E about.
Main games sell more than spin-offs. The name change alone probably sell an additional million copies.

Oh, if Versus XIII was renamed into FFXV and was to release for those consoles, quite a few people who wanted Versus to be a PS3 exclusive will be enraged.
They still get the game on PS3 regardless. That kind of console fanboyism is terrible behavior.

The idea of VXIII coming to Wii U is an interesting point on its own. Nomura expressed his hope to get KH3 on the "current platform" instead of having to learn a new generation of console hardware. But next gen is right around the corner, PS4 will probably be announced before they even release VXIII at this point. If they port Versus to Wii U, then that system becomes a "consolation prize" in a sense.

Zen

Silver Member
Awards
Main games sell more than spin-offs. The name change alone probably sell an additional million copies.

Ignoring the fact that people don't see this as a spin-off, or the greater amount of interest that people have in vXIII over any other game that S-E is developing right now. That point is moot.

Chrono Mizaki

Banned
Ignoring the fact that people don't see this as a spin-off, or the greater amount of interest that people have in vXIII over any other game that S-E is developing right now. That point is moot.

Many people expressing interest in Versus XIII aren't the majority. They are a minority and people have to realise that the majority (the casual fans) probably won't know what Versus is or that they might ignore it base on the fact that it's not a mainline game. It's fine for handheld games, but for a PS3 title that's have astronomical costs? Uh no.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back