• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Fun Fact Thread!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

ChibiHearts249

Trapped in the Source Filmmaker
Awards
FACT BARRAGE!: the Wilhelm Scream is a famous audio clip from the 1951 movie Distant Drums. The scream was recorded to be used in the movie when a man gets eaten by an alligator. The voice actor went uncredited but was soon known to be Sheb Wooley (who sang the 'Purple People-Eater' song in 1958) and it has been used in well over 300 movies. It's most common uses are for falling from a great height and being blown back by an explosion.

Anagram

Banned
I learned on tv today that nearly every known culture on earth no matter the distance or continent has a flood story like the Noah Bible one.

Anagram

Banned
Fun fact.

Hanyo are almost exclusively the creation of modern comic book artists and animators. More specifically, hanyo are the creation of Takahashi Rumiko, and to a lesser extent Mizuki Shigeru. While half-human/half-yokai children do exist in Japanese folklore, they are—with few exceptions—normal human beings.
site: http://hyakumonogatari.com/2013/05/06/what-are-hanyo/

A little interesting. Hanyo is more or less a term pioneered by the creator of Inyuasha. The term doesn't exist in folklore and any halfling that is in Japanese folklore are born basically human. (barring Demi-God stories)

Emperor

Fun Fact: Did you know KHI has different website stylizations for you to choose? I thought that was pretty cool when I discovered it.

Songbird

Grrrr
Did you guys know that your heartbeat shifts its rhythm slightly to adapt to the beat of the music you're listening to?
THAT IS AWESOME

Also: this is my damn thread and I will not let it die on my watch. That is a fact.

Dreaded_Desire62

bronze member
Awards
Website
gmail.com
I don't know if this is true or not, but I've heard that we eat insects whenever we eat vegetables: frozen, canned, or whatever. I heard that insects get into them when the vegetables are being harvested in cans, bagged in frozen bags, or what have you. I heard it from my Biology teacher back in my sophomore year of high school, so back in 2007 or nine years ago.

Chuuya

scared of any fandom I'm part of
Awards
^ Really? *Washes mouth* Fun fact, I read that, "Video games help train the brain to make faster real-life decisions."

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards
Fun Fact: A German Augmented 6th chord sounds the same as a Dominant 7th chord, just spelled differently.

Doubly Fun Fact: A German Augmented 6th chord and an English Augmented 6th chord are the same chords, with different spellings. A German Augmented 6th is used in the minor key, while an English Augmented 6th chord with a #2 instead of a b3 is used in a major key. This is because a b3 is already involved in the minor key, so no extra accidentals for that note are needed, and you can avoid parallel 5th's in the major key if you use an English Augmented 6th spelling as opposed to the German spelling.

Triply Fun Fact: The Augmented 6th chord's names don't have any true origin. It's like the naming of a French Horn as opposed to just Horn; they're mapped to specific regions that don't necessarily correspond with the use of the chord itself. This is true for the myriad of chords named after nationalities; English, French, German, Italian, Australian, the works.

DarkGrey Heroine

How much closer could I be?
Awards
Fun Fact: I have a classical guitar which I named "Joshua" 'cause of Josh Homme, the god of my fav band, and the fact that I bought it on his b-day (May 17th)
tumblr_n57c3fvMUE1tb4fano1_500.gif

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Fun fact: Did you know that Square Enix is actually a re-branded Enix that absorbed Square's assets, and not a re-branded Square? Don't believe me? well look at what The Japan Times had to say about the merger at the time. Basically, Square as a legal entity was dissolved and Enix was the surviving company.

Game software firms Enix, Square to merge on April 1 | The Japan Times

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
Fun fact: Gilligan's Island was canceled because the wife of its then-president, William S. Paley, loved Gunsmoke, a soon to be canceled series, so much that CBS was forced to put Gunsmoke in Gilligan's timeslot.

Another fun fact: Japan uses the English term "feminist" to mean "chivalrous".

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Fun fact: Every facet of Marvel is run by Marvel Entertainment except for Marvel Studios (the motion picture subsidiary). This is because legally, Marvel Studios became a direct subsidiary to Walt Disney Studios after Disney acquired Marvel. In layman terms, Disney is in direct control of the Marvel Cinematic Universe, Marvel Entertainment doesn't dictate the Comic Book to feature film adaptations, Disney does.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marvel_Studios

DarkGrey Heroine

How much closer could I be?
Awards
Fun fact: Mettaton was supposed to be the robot husband of the protagonist in Undertale. The idea was later abandoned.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Fun Fact: Sega stands for "Service Games". However, the current legal name of Sega is called Sega Games Co., Ltd. This would translate to Service Games Games Company Limited.

Back