• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Fun Fact Thread!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Gram

Banned
Awards
Fact 1: In the Mega Man games for the original GameBoy, the green Mega Man Killer (MMK), Quint (short for Quintet) is actually Mega Man from the future. The present Dr. Wily made a time machine and visited his future self, who had given up his ambitions for world domination. In that time period, all was peaceful; so Mega Man had asked Dr. Light to remodel him back into his original self, and became simple lab assistant, Rock, once more. The present Wily convinced the future Wily to capture future Rock and make him his own robot, since he was defenseless. Future Wily sent his new servant, Quint, into the past to destroy Mega Man. Although Mega Man defeats Quint, the green robot flees, and hasn't been seen since.
So no: Classic Mega Man has yet to find an ending because of these events.
Sounds like Capcom was watching Doctor Who when they made that and no freaking wonder Light had to make X. x'D
Though that presents a bit of a paradox unless Willy faked peaceful nature and/or possibly built Zero before abandoning his ways.

Fact 2: X6 was made and translated that very same year, without Inafune's permission. The enemy placement and stage designs were poor, coupled by the random stage areas and just as random crippling status effects; that the game is considered extremely unpredictable at best. Icons warning you of danger in a certain level don't actually mean anything at all, so there might or might not be any problems there. Randomizing rooms that hold pieces of X's armor caused certain levels to have to be replayed multiple times for completion.
Not only that but it was far easier thanks to the giga attacks that annihilated everything on screen. One of the code armors for X also had a rocket type move which made it all even easier.
To date X6 is the only one I can be fairly due to drastic difficulty drop.

Fact 3: The pod that Zero was housed in when he is awoken kept him from spreading the virus and going berserk. When he fights Sigma, the Maverick Hunter contracts the virus after breaking Zero's helmet's gem; which is why he is affected so seriously by it throughout the series.

Theory: Supposedly the Maverick Virus (and subsequent Zero Virus) are products of Wily's research on the Dark Energy from Mega Man 8. Supposedly Wily kept samples and created Roboenza (Mega Man 10) as a sort've "tester," and he perfected it afterwards. Infecting Zero, who he had created to counter Dr. Light's Variable X project (just X), he found Zero to be immune but unstable, so he sealed him in a secret lab alongside the virus. (Just the big theory)
Big theory but one I've seen and find very likely. Thankfully though it was by studying Zero's old body and subsequint immunity that the virus and "Sigma/Maverick" wars was finally put to an end leading up to the Zero series in which Zero awakens in a new body copied from his old one centuries later.
My favorite series is Battle Network. The character designs are great; for both humans AND NetNavis. Hub Hikari is also the youngest Mega Man (11) other than Rock's suggested age (8)
X, Zero and ZX will always be my favorites. X and Zero cause of the character Zero (rather than X/megaman himself) and ZX cause Aile.

Also to keep on track:
Fun fact: the original megaman is the only one to have blue eyes.

Nayru's Love

Why don't you play in Hell?
Awards
Fun fact (more like fun "these things here"): If you rearrange the letters of Clint Eastwood, you get Old West Action.

Tom Cruise, I'm so cuter.
Eva Green, Never Age.
Patrick Stewart, Cap Star Trek Wit.
Christian Bale, A British Lance.
Tommy Lee Jones, Steely Men Mojo.
Philip Seymour Hoffman, I'm Hero of Unhappy Films.
Jennifer Aniston, Fine in Torn Jeans.

ChibiHearts249

Trapped in the Source Filmmaker
Awards
Fact: Gram and I apparently need to create an "All things Mega Man" thread on this site so we can get our obsession (his for Zero & ZX and mine for Classic, X, & BN) out of our systems!

Fact 2: It's also Gram's fault that this started to turn into the "Mega Man Facts" thread rather than anything in general (although I welcome EVERYTHING here), and my current obsession keeping us on this topic.

REAL Fact: In the game Shovel Knight by Yacht Club Games, there are 4 omages to NES classics. The shovel can be used like the pogo cane from DuckTales, there are roasted chickens (called turkeys in-game, but whatever) hidden in walls like the "wall chicken" of Castlevania, Super Mario World 3 style overworld with the occasional encounter with an enemy blocking the way, and 8 bosses who's names all end with "Knight" in typical Mega Man Classic fashion (8 bosses, always end in "Man" minus Splash Woman...but kinda not, really).
Yeah, I snuck Mega Man back in there. Shoot me.
Have I posted this on here, before? I forget.

Gram

Banned
Awards
Fact 2: It's also Gram's fault that this started to turn into the "Mega Man Facts" thread rather than anything in general (although I welcome EVERYTHING here), and my current obsession keeping us on this topic.

8ux6SMn.jpg
I regret nothing~

Fun fact: the worlds first cellular (in this case a car phone) phone call was made to the descendant of the one credited with creating the telephone.

KHRULER

Awards
Fun Fact: Months that begin on a Sunday always have a Friday the 13th in them.

Gram

Banned
Awards
Fun Fact: the first known english use of the word zero was in 1598.

Gram

Banned
Awards
Fun Fact: one of ancient egypts pharaohs was said in legend to have been killed by a hippo. 8D

King Sora X

Legendary Member
Awards
^That IS a fun fact.

Fun fact:The "Edge Rock" band Eyeshine's frontman is Johnny Yong Bosch, who is better known as Adam Park from Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers and is also the English dub voice of Ichigo for the Anime series Bleach.

KHRULER

Awards
Fun Fact:The human heart creates enough pressure when it pumps out to the body to squirt blood 30 feet.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I have moved this thread to Forum Insanity and a few of you will notice a bit of a post count decrease. This was moved because of a few reasons:

1) This thread is...kind of spammish. Very good facts (most of the time) but also because this could easily be a gateway to cheating for the giveaway we are currently running.
2) Very minimal back-and-forth discussion is being maintained in this thread.

Now, this thread still needs to maintain the same level of decorum that this thread had in General Discussion despite being in Forum Insanity now. I don't want to see bullshit posts in here. Just because this is Forum Insanity doesn't mean everything needs to be for jokes and spam.

We might move it back after the giveaway, but for now it'll just be a sticky in FI.

ChibiHearts249

Awards
Ok! Thanks Spock, and sticky-ing the thread is probly what I shoulda done when I made it, but I was still really new to the site at the time.

And I completely forgot where it was before, anyway! I think I originally intended it for "intelligent discussion," but I honestly can't remember ^_^' I wasn't expecting everyone to WANT to discuss, anyway. People like to share that random stuff!

FACT!!!: Abraham Lincoln believed he saw his doppelganger in a mirror before he ran for his second term. However; this version of him was gaunt and pale. This ha led some to believe that Lincoln was forseeing his death, further cementing the idea that seeing one's doppelganger means doom.

Nayru's Love

Why don't you play in Hell?
Awards
Speaking of the assassination of our great president Daniel Day-Lewis Abraham Lincoln, Joseph Gordon-Levitt Robert Todd Lincoln was either present or nearby two other presidential assassinations: James Garfield and William Mckinley. When he received another presidential invitation, his response was too good:

Robert Todd Lincoln said:
"No, I'm not going, and they'd better not ask me, because there is a certain fatality about presidential functions when I am present."

Also, he was saved by Edwin Booth from a potential train accident. The brother of John Wilkes Booth, who killed Lincoln a year or two later.

Last edited:

Gram

Banned
Awards
Fun megaman fact cause I'm on a kick right now and it's still legit facts:

Keiji Inafune originally intended for Zero to be the new megaman of the X series but thought it wouldn't go over well so made him a supporting one.

Funny enough, as most know, Zero ended up becoming a main of his own series after X.

ChibiHearts249

Awards
More Mega Man facts because I'm ALSO stuck in a bright, robot-filled place:

FACT: Mega Man was not an original design by Inafune. Since the NES had a slightly larger blue palette, Capcom had already planned for the character to be a blue robot, and they already had the initial planning for the character semi-finished.

FACT: The 8 robot masters of Mega Man X5 are named after the band members of Guns 'n Roses in the localized US version.

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
Fun Fact: The bosses in the series House of the Dead are each named after tarot card arcanas, much like the social links in Persona.

King Sora X

Legendary Member
Awards
Fun Fact:
Despite popular belief, cracking your joints is most likely not going to give you arthritis. Though, with that said, it's still not a healthy idea to do it constantly as your fingers will get fat as the years go by, and as we all know that is no good if you wear finger accessories.

Back