• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► The Fox and The Blossom (naruto fic)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shinigami

Website
s4.invisionfree.com
This is a Naruto Fanfiction. (If you couldn’t tell.) Read the summary!

Key

“Normal talking”
Thoughts
‘Kyuubi talking’
‘Naruto talking to Kyuubi’
-------------------------------- (Scene Change)
-Where it is at the scene change-

Legal Disclaimer: I don’t own any part of Naruto. Mashashi Kishimoto, the creator of Naruto, owns Naruto.

Summary: (Yes, I know Naruto has gone off into a different direction now, but I still want to write this) It’s been two and a half years since Naruto went away with Jiraiya, and now he’s finally back in Konoha. Over the past two years, Sakura has developed feelings for him, but Naruto doesn’t realize it! NaruSaku. PG-13 to be safe.

--------------------------------

It’s been over two years now since I’ve last seen Naruto… Sakura thought to herself.

--------=FLASHBACK=--------

It was about four in the afternoon, and Sakura was heading over to Godaime’s quarters for here session with Tsunade when Ino yelled, “Sakura! Sakura!! Wait up!”

“Hn?” Sakura muttered, “Ino? What’s up?”

Ino came to a stop next to Sakura, breathing heavily. “You know that loud-mouth ninja? He’s coming back!”

“Naruto?” Sakura blushed.

“Who else?” Ino said, smirking.

Sakura didn’t say anything for a moment. She just stood there, having a gazed look on her face.

“Uh…” Ino said, trying to break the odd silence, “You must be happy, huh-Sakura?”

“OH! Um…” Sakura stuttered, “Yeah… I guess…” She felt herself turn even redder. Why am I blushing? She asked herself while trying to hide her face by looking at her feet. Her arms were scrounged up against her body and she was twittering her fingers like Hinata sometimes did.

Ino smiled and ran off toward Shikamaru, leaving Sakura to ponder about Naruto.

--------=END FLASHBACK=--------

I can’t believe he’s really coming back!

-Godaime’s quarters.-

“You can’t seem to concentrate today,” Tsunade told Sakura while lying back on her couch, “Something bothering you?”

“No… sorry, Tsunade-sama…” Sakura managed to mumble back.

“R---ight…” Tsunade complied, “I think I know exactly what’s on your mind…”

“Huh?” Sakura stuttered tensely, turning red again. Can she read minds or something?

Tsunade sighed. “You’re thinking of Uzumaki Naruto, weren’t you?” Sakura flushed harder. “Yeah, that’s probably it,” Tsunade continued, ignoring Sakura’s reddening face, “So, you found out that he’s coming back today huh?”

“Today!?” Sakura burst out.

“Yes, today,” Tsunade said, surprised and looking concerned, “I thought you knew.”

Sakura took a look at the clock and almost screamed. “I’m sorry Tsunade-sama! I have to leave early today!!” She yelled as she ran out the door.

“I think I know what’s happening…” Tsunade sighed happily.

If I don’t see Naruto-kun today, I’ll never forgive myself! Sakura told herself as she raced toward the village’s gate. Shit! 6:30 already!

When Sakura finally reached the gate, she asked the gate guard “Did a ninja named Uzumaki Naruto pass through here today?”

“Uzumaki… Uzumaki…” the gate guard mumbled as he flipped through his list,” Ah! Here it is. Yes, he passed through here. They took him to the hospital.”

“To the hospital!?” Sakura screamed.

“Yes-…” the gate guard started, but Sakura had already run off in the direction of the hospital.

Naruto-kun! What could’ve happened to you!?

Sakura ran up to the front desk and asked, “Do you know where Uzumaki Naruto is?”

“Room sixteen, on the third floor,” the desk attendant said.

Sakura dashed to room sixteen to see Jiraiya coming out of it.

“Jiraiya-sama!” Sakura yelled a she quickly came to a start in front of him. “Hn? Sakura? What are you doing here?” he asked, surprised.

“I heard Naruto was sent here,” she said desperately, “What happened?”

Jiraiya sighed, “Well… we were attacked…”

“Attacked?” she gasped.

“Some of Orochimaru’s curse seal buddies came along to attack us,” Jiraiya said, “They knocked me out first. Don’t know how they managed to, but they did…”

Someone powerful enough to knock out a sannin… Who could be that powerful?

“‘course, I was in a hangover at the time, “Jiraiya continued while rubbing the bruise on his head.

BAKA…

“May I…. um… see him?” she stuttered,

“He’s sleeping… but… go on in…” Jiraiya said hesitantly.

She ran in.

She should find out Naruto’s verdict for herself…

Sakura ran in and sat down next to Naruto’s bed. He was still sleeping. Wow… he sure has changed… Sakura thought as she stared at his content face. Naruto’s face wasn’t the small, pudgy face he once had. Instead it was longer and more defined. He’s turned out to look pretty good!

“Damn… I’m thirsty…” Sakura said as she stood up. She noticed a water cooler on the opposite side of the room. She walked over to it and took a long, quenching drink.

There was a clipboard on the end of Naruto’s bed that Sakura had not noticed before. She picked it up and started reading it.

It read: “Status: Terminal

CLACK. The clipboard now lay on the ground and Sakura had a white-eyed expression on her face.

T-Terminal!? She gasped Does this mean…he’s…!

Sakura walked swiftly over to Naruto and touched his face and started getting teary. DIE!?

No… NO!! Not when I finally realize…!

She hugged Naruto and whispered, “I love you, Naruto!!”

-Lub-dub… Lub-dub…-

‘Kyuubi! Hey, Kyuubi!’ Naruto yelled.

‘What, child?’ Kyuubi answered threateningly.

‘You know what’s happening, right?’

[b‘What?’[/b]

‘Are you for real? I’m dying! Duh. Aren’t you going to lend me some of you chakra?’

‘I’ll think about it.’

‘What!? How can you think about it? You’ll die too if I die!!’

‘…’

‘Just do it…’

‘I told you, child. I’ll think about it.’

‘Stop calling me that.’

‘What, child?’

‘That! Child! I’m not some little kid anymore! I’m sixteen, dammit!’

‘You’re nothing compared to how old I am…’

‘Yeah, whatever… Just hurry up and lend me your chakra!’

‘I told you, and I won’t tell you again. I’ll think about it.’

‘Yeah, yeah… Just decide quickly, before I die.’

‘…’

Lub-dub…

“N-Naruto’s in the hospital?” Ino burst out surprisingly.

“Yeah, Jiraiya-sama just told me… He told me that they were attacked…” Shikamaru told Ino.

“Hmm…” Ino thought carefully, “Should we pay him a visit?”

“Uh… sure… why not?” Shikamaru said, unwillingly. How troublesome…

When Shikamaru and Ino arrived at Naruto’s door, they stopped abruptly. They heard a soft muffled sound coming from within.

“What’s that weird sound?” Ino asked.

“I don’t know, why are you asked me?” Shikamaru said quietly.

They opened the door and Ino gasped. Sakura was lying over Naruto’s un-moving body, crying.

Sa-Sakura? Ino gasped.

Crap! Shikamaru thought. “C’mon… let’s get out of here…” Shikamaru whispered quietly as he placed his shadow jutsu on Ino and slowly backed out of the room.

Later, Ino asked Shikamaru, “Why do you think Sakura was crying…?”

“Well…” Shikamaru sighed, “I saw the clipboard on the ground… and it said…”

“Said what?”

“It said… Terminal…” Shikamaru continued with a gulp.

Terminal? Ino gasped. “Shika!! Where are you going!?” she yelled, when she saw Shikamaru heading back towards the hospital.

“I need to pay my last respects…”

“Wait! Let’s go get Chouji too!”

“This isn’t a game!” Stupid Ino…

“I know it isn’t, so shut up!”

This is why I hate girls…

-Lub-dub… Lub-dub…-

‘So, fox. Have you decided yet?’

‘Hmm…’

‘What?’

‘I’ve been pondering this for some time…’

‘WHAT!?’

‘If I die, will I really die along with you?’

‘Of course you will!!’

‘We’ll see…’

‘WHAT!!?? There’s no way you’ll survive if I die!’

‘I told you, you’ll see…’

‘…’

Lub-dub…

Shikamaru was looking at the heart rate monitor above Naruto’s head.

He had noticed that the rate was slowly decreasing. He’ll be gone in a minute or two…

Severe moments passed and everyone looked up as the heart rate monitor started giving out a monotone beep.

No!! Sakura gasped and hugged Naruto as hard as she could.

Several seconds passed in silence, and then a coughing sound was heard.

Shikamaru looked up to see a trickle of blood coming out of Naruto’s mouth.

“WHAT!?”

The heart rate monitor started beeping again.

-Lub-dub… Lub-dub…-

‘So you didn’t want to take a chance, did you fox’ Naruto said, smirking.

‘That’s peculiar…’

‘What is?’

‘You’ve got quite a lot of friends, child…’

Naruto thought over who would visit him. It could be Iruka-sensei, ero-sennin, or Sakura-chan. No. Sakura-chan wouldn’t visit him. She was probably still in love with Sasuke-bastard. Over the past two years, Naruto had slowly declined his child-like crush on Sakura and had it turn into just a friend-like relationship. Nevertheless, he still asked, ‘Why? Who’s out there? Iruka-sensei? Jiraiya?’

‘No…these humans seem to be around your age…’

‘Who?’

‘Wake up and see for yourself, child.’

Lub-dub…

Naruto slowly opened his eyelids. Why is it so freakin’ hard to open my eyes? Man… my body feels so heavy I can’t get up… He heard a soft sniffing sound coming from his shoulder. What the hell…? He managed to turn his head to see a mass of pink.

“Sa-Sakura-chan?” Naruto mumbled. The sniffling stopped abruptly, and the pink mass moved. Instead of the pink, Naruto now saw Sakura’s pale face that was glistened with tears.

“N-Naruto!?” Sakura stuttered.

Why is Sakura-chan here? Naruto pondered.

“Naruto!!” Sakura yelled.

Hearing Sakura’s yell, everyone looked up.

Naruto could see Shikamaru, Ino, Chouji, Lee, TenTen, Neji, Shino, Kiba, Akamaru, and Hinata all sitting around the room. This vision was soon blurred by Sakura, who was hugging him.

They’re all here… to visit me…?

“You’re alive!!” Sakura said gleefully.

“He’s alive?” Neji muttered, “That kid’s got stamina.”

They were all talking to each other, excitedly and in a surprised tone.

They’re… happy? Naruto thought, bewildered. And… Sakura-chan… what’s with her?

SLAM. “What’s going on in here!?” a medic-nin exclaimed as he came in, “Uzumaki Naruto? You’re alive!?”

“That’s sorta a rude question,” Kiba said, smirking.

“Uh…” the medic-nin stuttered, not knowing how to handle the situation, “Everyone out! Uzumaki needs his rest!”

After a few goodbyes, and good luck statements, almost everyone had left the room.

Sakura was still standing by Naruto’s bed-side when the medic-nin sternly said, “Out, please!”

The pink kunoichi stood were she was then forced herself to leave the room. She took one last look at Naruto and ran out.

“I don’t know how you survived…” the medic-nin said as Naruto slowly got out of his bed.

Naruto had on a simple white shirt and jeans, so he pondered, Where are my clothes? Then he turned to the medic-nin, and said, “What’s that supposed to mean?”

“But…” the nin continued, “I’ll make sure you die now!!”

The nin lashed out a kunai and lunged at the blond.

Reacting quickly, Naruto jumped out of the way and countered the nin’s attack with a kick of his own.

CRASH. The wall broke as the nin fell through it. Naruto got up and followed the nin’s fall into the street.

-Outside, about 30 seconds before-

“Wait up!” Sakura yelled.

Hurry up!” Ino yelled back.

The group had just walked out the main doors of the hospital, and were now talking in the street.

Lee interrupted. “How long do you think Naruto will be in the hospital?” he asked.

Neji took the chance to activate his Byakugan and look through the wall of Naruto’s room.

“Not for very long!!” he yelled.

Neji was pointing directly at Naruto’s room, on the third floor.

“What!?” several of the Genins yelled.

“He’s being attacked by that medic-nin!!”

Before anyone could actually turn back to go help Naruto, the wall crumbled, and two nins came flying out of Naruto’s room.

“Naruto!!” Sakura screamed.

A huge cloud of dust billowed up when the nins came crashing down onto the ground.

Naruto was lying on the ground, blocking a kunai with one of his own.

Sakura started running over to Naruto, but Naruto stopped her by yelling, “No, Sakura! Stay back!”

At first, she was hesitant, but then she trusted Naruto, and stayed back.

Naruto grunted and kicked the nin off of him.

“Before we fight, tell me who the hell you are,” Naruto said to the nin.

“Who do you think I am?” the nin said, releasing a henge.

“You’re a sound-nin, obviously…” Naruto said, eying the nin’s headplate, “According to Konoha’s new laws, any sound-nin is to be treated as a missing-nin and is to be killed on the spot.”

“There’s no way you’ll kill me!”

“Wanna bet?” a voice behind the sound-nin said.

-Chapter End-

If you want to read ahead (3 other chapters are up!) or give me a review, please visit: www.fanfiction.net/~yondaimehokage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back