• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Foretellers And the Seven Deadly Sins They Represent

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kokoko253

Awards
Kokoko253:
I re-watched every single scene in the Arendelle FROZEN arc of KINGDOM HEARTS III, and Anna doesn't look at anyone other than Sora the way that she looks at Sora specifically in the first two pictures.

As for the others, I'm not assuming anything, given the context. I recommend that you watch live action, animated, or computer generated stories with good actors or good facial expressions and/or body language. You'll understand what I mean then.

Ava is *far* more considerate of Ephemer's feelings, and playful with him, than with anyone else in BACK COVER, and it has nothing to do with hierarchy. The other Foretellers are *Ava's lifelong friends,* yet she's more distant with them than with Ephemer.

Lastly, I *highly doubt* that Ava smiles at other people the way that she smiles at Ephemer at the end of her scene with him in BACK COVER, considering the nature of her facial expression, no matter how kind she is and no matter how easy to talk to she is. You *don't* smile at someone like that unless you have a *very strong connection* with that person. I recommend that you re-watch Ava's scene with Ephemer.

You're the third person on this Site, assuming I'm not forgetting anyone, who has told me that you can't understand anything from a person's facial expressions or body language. That makes no sense. One of the central points of using plays, live action movies, live action television, hand drawn animation, and computer graphics animation to tell stories is to convey characterization with facial expressions and body language. Now that Video Games have enhanced their graphical abilities enough, they're doing the same.

If movies, Video Games, et cetera, didn't do this, why aren't we just reading books? Why are plays, television shows, hand drawn animation, Video Games, et cetera, worldwide storytelling mediums?

Paul

"Elsa ran away because she was frightened. I have to bring her home."-Anna
"I'm sure your sister knows how much you love her. If anyone can help her, it's you."-Sora
KINGDOM HEARTS III
I brought proof: a.png
Here you can see that Anna loves Eristoff.

b.png
Here, you can see how lovingly Anna looks at Snowdude. Dude should be thankful that hot look didn't melt him down.

c.png
And lastly, you see here that Anna is, in fact, in love with Donald. You might argue that she is just hungry and imagining the taste of roasted duck, taken freshly from the oven, but for the trained eye, this is clearly love.

But what is even MORE important than what we see, is what we DON'T see. Anna is too shy to show her true love, who is Goofy. Actually, it wasn't Elsa's love that saved her, if you watch the cutscene closly, you can see that the ice on her melts when Goofy arrives close enough of her! And I have the perfect proof! I just scanned this letter I got today, from my penpal, Nomura, who shared his ideas with me on the matter:
letter.png
Truly amazing relevation, just when the latest Union Cross confirmed that Ephemer is actually Goofy from an alternate timeline, where Donald took Xehanort's place as crown guardian of Corneria. Is this a hint that Ava might be Tangled from Elsa?

Lacan Valeth

Kokoko253:
Ha ha. So funny I forgot to laugh.

It's interesting that you took one screen capture from the scene with Anna, Sora, Kristoff, and Olaf's nose, as well as . That scene is one of the best pieces of evidence that Anna and Sora have a strong friendship bond and that Anna might be beginning to fall in love with, falling in love with, or have fallen in love with Sora.

Anna doesn't smile as happily or warmly at Kristoff or Donald as she does at Sora. There's a distinct difference.

In the second picture, on the other hand, Anna has a very uncertain, very shy smile on her face due to how she's already deeply connected with Sora when he took her concern for Elsa seriously - and even made a small sound of very happy surprise and very high approval when he saw how much Anna loves Elsa and cares for Elsa - and when Anna recognized how much Sora loves and cares for his loved ones and friends, when they were looking into each others' eyes. The smile has little to nothing to do with Olaf.

Recall that shortly after this, when Anna sits down with Sora, she gives him a worried, warm smile to reassure herself that he's ready to hear her story and to attempt to raise his spirits before he hears it - which Sora returns as though mirroring her to attempt to further raise *Anna's* spirits - and then, when Anna is singing her 'Do you wanna' build a snowman?' song, when she gets to the line 'We only have each other' her eyes slide to Sora's, clearly including him in the 'each other' if not the 'only,' after which she begins rocking back and forth with her eyes opening and closing, in so much anguish that she might be losing much, if not all, sense of the reality around her; she already trusts Sora so much, and feels so safe around him, that she's willing to talk and sing, and act like that, around him.

Paul

"They say, 'have courage' and I'm trying to"-Anna
KINGDOM HEARTS III

astertide

Awards
Anna doesn't smile as happily or warmly at Kristoff or Donald as she does at Sora. There's a distinct difference.

DUDE.
HOW CAN YOU TELL.
YOU'RE LITERALLY USING WEAK INFORMATION SO YOU CAN TWIST ABOUT WHAT WE SAY, OR OUTRIGHT CONTRADICT IT. SERIOUSLY, STOP. I'VE WASTED AT LEAST FIVE VALUABLE HOURS OF MY LIFE REPLYING TO YOU.

Lacan Valeth

Astertide:
Anna's facial expressions and body language are how I can tell. That's not weak information, it's Anna's very own characterization, and thus the most reliable source for how she feels and thinks that there is.

Paul

"Hearts are made of the people we meet and how we feel about them - they're what ties us together even when we're apart!"-Sora
KINGDOM HEARTS 3D: DREAM DROP DISTANCE

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Bro, we have a god damn film franchise showing us how much Anna loves Kristoff.

If Anna seems "warmer" to Sora than anybody else, it is important to remember that the games are focused on Sora, so we aren't seeing everything that goes on between the main Disney characters of each world.

If we go by this argument, everybody is in love with Sora. Riku loves Sora and they are secretly making out. Axel probably makes out with Sora considering he smiled warmly at him in KH2. Ariel and Sora? A thing. Sora and Mickey. *whistles* You see how tenderly Sora held Mickey in ReMind? That's fucking love. Raps and Sora dated. Flynn and Sora dated too. Everybody's dating and in love with Sora.

Cloud? He looked at Sora more warmly than he did Tifa AND Aerith. Sephiroth? Flirting with the boy. Leon? Mulan? Tron? All of them.

Lacan Valeth

Oracle Spockanort:
No one else in the Disney worlds in any of the other KINGDOM HEARTS Games reacts to Sora as Anna does. I can provide plenty of screen captures to prove this.

It has nothing to do with how the Games are focused on Sora.

Riku and Cloud don't look at Sora like Anna does, et cetera. And I'm arguing that Anna might love *Sora,* or have weaker romantic feelings for *Sora* than love, not that Sora *returns* her potential romantic feelings. So your counterargument about Sora returning these other people's feelings is a response to arguments I'm not making.

And it doesn't matter what the FROZEN film franchise says about Anna's love for Kristoff. KINGDOM HEARTS isn't FROZEN, so the Anna in KINGDOM HEARTS is developing differently than the Anna in FROZEN. - Additionally, you can tell she's torn between Sora and Kristoff. She's more interested in Sora, as a friend or romantically, but she's still interested in Kristoff as well, as a friend or romantically.

Paul

"Elsa... Anna..."-Sora
KINGDOM HEARTS III

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Riku most definitely looks at Sora with loving eyes. Like...a lot.

ED7jQj0XkAARCog.jpg

tumblr_inline_prrkrxe3V51r2hbz4_540.png

All of KH3D

checkmate

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
Oracle Spockanort:
No one else in the Disney worlds in any of the other KINGDOM HEARTS Games reacts to Sora as Anna does. I can provide plenty of screen captures to prove this.

It has nothing to do with how the Games are focused on Sora.

Riku and Cloud don't look at Sora like Anna does, et cetera. And I'm arguing that Anna might love *Sora,* or have weaker romantic feelings for *Sora* than love, not that Sora *returns* her potential romantic feelings. So your counterargument about Sora returning these other people's feelings is a response to arguments I'm not making.

And it doesn't matter what the FROZEN film franchise says about Anna's love for Kristoff. KINGDOM HEARTS isn't FROZEN, so the Anna in KINGDOM HEARTS is developing differently than the Anna in FROZEN. - Additionally, you can tell she's torn between Sora and Kristoff. She's more interested in Sora, as a friend or romantically, but she's still interested in Kristoff as well, as a friend or romantically.

Paul

"Elsa... Anna..."-Sora
KINGDOM HEARTS III
I can provide GIFs that proves that someone else in a Disney world reacted to Sora better than Anna:
Spoiler Spoiler Show

If Anna wants Sora, she's gotta do more than look at him. What's good?

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I can provide GIFs that proves that someone else in a Disney world reacted to Sora better than Anna:
Spoiler Spoiler Show

If Anna wants Sora, she's gotta do more than look at him. What's good?

Screen Shot 2020-10-15 at 9.41.51 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-10-15 at 9.42.05 PM.png

yeah, home girl has competition when mickey and everybody else is in the picture giving Sora soft looks and Sora actually returns them!

Lacan Valeth

Oracle Spockanort:
I never once said that Riku doesn't look at Sora with loving eyes.

I'm fully aware that he does.

I'm saying that Riku doesn't once look at Sora with *romantically loving eyes,* or other romantic expressions and/or body language.

There's a distinct difference.

Face My Fears:
Ariel and Rapunzel don't react to Sora better than Anna. They're just dancing and/or singing.

Tron is a different story. That was a very good point. He might have bonded with Sora similar to how Anna has.

But that doesn't negate how Anna *has* bonded with Sora. Tron doesn't sing a song to Sora that is among the most personal matters in his life. And Sora doesn't feel *anyone's* pain in his heart, not even Kairi's or Riku's or Goofy's or Donald's, unless that person has previously merged with him like with Roxas in KINGDOM HEARTS 3D: DREAM DROP DISTANCE or with Riku in KINGDOM HEARTS II when Kairi joins Sora's and Riku's hands when Riku is in the semblance of Xehanort's Heartless/Ansem.

And Anna *does* do more than look at Sora. See above, and she might not even have begun to fall in love with him then.

But, last time I looked, when, when it's Anna we're talking about, is it about what *she* wants? Sora doesn't return her feelings, so, under typical circumstances, if Anna learned - or has already figured out - about Kairi, she'd give up on him and choose Kristoff.

Paul

"Do you wanna' build a snowman?"-Anna
KINGDOM HEARTS III

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
Oracle Spockanort:

I'm saying that Riku doesn't once look at Sora with *romantically loving eyes,* or other romantic expressions and/or body language.

Face My Fears:
Ariel and Rapunzel don't react to Sora better than Anna. They're just dancing and/or singing.

Tron is a different story. That was a very good point. He might have bonded with Sora similar to how Anna has.

But that doesn't negate how Anna *has* bonded with Sora. Tron doesn't sing a song to Sora that is among the most personal matters in his life. And Sora doesn't feel *anyone's* pain in his heart, not even Kairi's or Riku's or Goofy's or Donald's, unless that person has previously merged with him like with Roxas in KINGDOM HEARTS 3D: DREAM DROP DISTANCE or with Riku in KINGDOM HEARTS II when Kairi joins Sora's and Riku's hands when Riku is in the semblance of Xehanort's Heartless/Ansem.

Paul

KINGDOM HEARTS III
"Do You Want To Build A Snowman" is a song about romantic bonding? I thought it was a song about a girl who wanted to spend time with her sister? Are you saying that Anna is singing that to Elsa in "Frozen" because she's in love with Elsa romantically!? What is going on!? I've been lied to by DISNEY and things are really messed up in the world!

Honestly, when you can show me Anna actually doing something, besides a "look", with Sora then maybe I can believe it. But Sora's had more chemistry/bonding with literally every other Disney character than with the Arendelle crew. He talks to Elsa once and Anna twice (I think). They don't acknowledge him when the ice goes away. They don't even thank him or mention that he did anything to save their world. That's what makes Arendelle such a weird experience because we're used to a post-boss battle conversation where the Disney characters thank Sora or acknowledge our hard work.

BTW I think Woody has the hots for Sora because look at him defending his man:
maxresdefault.jpg

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
Oracle Spockanort:

Face My Fears:

And Anna *does* do more than look at Sora. See above, and she might not even have begun to fall in love with him then.

But, last time I looked, when, when it's Anna we're talking about, is it about what *she* wants? Sora doesn't return her feelings, so, under typical circumstances, if Anna learned - or has already figured out - about Kairi, she'd give up on him and choose Kristoff.

Paul

KINGDOM HEARTS III
LOL!

What is the distinct difference between "loving eyes" and "romantically loving eyes"!? Please provide screenshots of both.

Your threads are crazier than the guy that wanted Jiminy's actual journal (the book) to be one of the Real Organization XIII members.

astertide

Awards

tenor.gif

1602828341703.png

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

There's a difference between "loving" and "romantically loving" eyes?
Do tell.

.:Mega:.

Awards
I don't even ship SoRiku and KH3D is like. Super shipteasey. :p If my RiKai stanning ass can see the chemistry between them, that's saying something. (And note: y'all are valid for shipping SoRiku. I do think it has really organic chemistry.)

Also, no, Anna is not in love with Sora. Disney would never let that fly. Frozen is by far their most profitable brand, and Anna has a canon love interest. Disney was VERY restrictive of Arendelle, which is how KH3 ended up with a hollow husk of a world with no meaningful character bonding that wasn't bland exposition or... the pointless Olaf minigame.

Ava also does not canonically love Ephemer? Back Cover isn't the full KHUx/KH-X story. In terms of interactions, Ava, if anything, is a mentor to people like Ephemer, Skuld, and the other new Union Leaders. She's also not... pure? IIRC she tries to kill the player. It's been a while, but yanno. Maybe don't make assumptions about a game using incomplete story information. Everglow's Timeline gives a clearer overview.

Fan/crack ships are fine and fun to explore in fanfic. I mean, I didn't plan on writing a Bravely Default character shipped with Aqua, but... yanno. Stuff happens. But it's important to distinguish fanwork from the actual text.

Lacan Valeth

Pastel.Goblin:
Do tell where there's any proof that Riku *does* look at Sora romantically?

Oracle Spockanort:
I don't need to 'explain' how friends can love other friends without it being romantic. What platonic love is is common sense.

Astertide:
Oro?

Weren't you agreeing with my points in the other Thread that Sora's feelings for Anna are *friendship,* and arguing that Anna's feelings involve no romance?

Why a video and a picture that caters to popular culture's idiocy that there's no such thing as platonic love? Sora hugging Riku has *no romantic connections whatsoever. Friends hug each other, particularly when one of them has just been in a bad situation.*

*These* 'Memes' - or whatever they are - don't need improvements, and are *very* offensive.

See my - *Interpretation, not fact.* If you read this Thread first, you convinced me that I've been stating too many of my interpretations as fact, I asked you to improve your three pictures in that Thread to better ridicule me and to better mock me, I gave you ideas as to how to improve two of them, and I asked Oracle Spockanort to give you permission to Post the original 'Memes,' and their improvements if you're willing to improve them, on Reddit. ~_^ :) :p - pictures of Anna's facial expressions and body language in regards to Sora in the first version of the other Thread, and compare them to Face My Fears' pictures below.

If that's not enough to argue for my interpretations, I'll retrieve more screen captures.

Face My Fears:
The pictures are useful, since they can be compared to my Anna pictures, but your argument itself is *very* offensive to the concept of platonic friendship love.

There's more to love than romantic love. That's blindingly obvious common sense to the level of duh.

Paul

"I've got something no one else has."-Riku
"What's that?"-Sora
"Having you for a friend."-Riku
"Then I've got something no one else has, too."-Sora
KINGDOM HEARTS II

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
Face My Fears:
The pictures are useful, since they can be compared to my Anna pictures, but your argument itself is *very* offensive to the concept of platonic friendship love.

There's more to love than romantic love. That's blindingly obvious common sense to the level of duh.

Paul

"I've got something no one else has."-Riku
"What's that?"-Sora
"Having you for a friend."-Riku
"Then I've got something no one else has, too."-Sora
KINGDOM HEARTS II
So your pictures of Anna looking slightly in Sora's direction and singing "Do You Want To Build A Snowman" randomly is clear indication that Anna is in love with Sora and there are definitive romantic bonds there... yet my pictures indicate only platonic friendship between Sora/Riku? To the common sense level of "duh"? Am I missing something?

You're the one that refuses to accept anything confirmed in the game as canon, since Anna/Kristoff is canon in KH3. So if that's the case, you should agree that Sora/Riku are in a romantic relationship since the game confirms that their friendship is not romantic, and that they're just "best friends".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back