• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Fog Of War

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rikken Omnious

A Man shrouded in a black cloak walked swiftly though the dark streets towards a dimly lit bar in the distance. Rain was trickling down his long blonde mane of hair and onto his face, His heavy boot steps muffled by the rain as he made his way down the street. The darkness of the night confiding solace in him as he journeyed onward. It would be useless to try to light a smoke now, after all the rain was pelting down in unforgiving waves.

The streetlamps provided much needed light to the backdrop of the street, illuminating the main road which curved throughout the city. Lights of the inner districts could be seen from where he was standing at the moment, his Glock Nineteen pistol sitting comfortably in its holster at his waist. Soon his hand reached the handle of the door and with a thought of cautiousness opened the door slowly and purposefully.

As he opened the door, the people inside fell silent to see who it was exactly, the only exception to this was three older looking men having heated discussion about the minister in town. Rikken didn’t really pay attention to these guys until he sat down at the bar. As he was walking towards it, he noticed that the bar had an interesting display of hunting trophies and skins. He guessed that this must have been some sort of hunting club that he hadn’t bothered to look into. He made a note to check back with this place later and make it one of his usual stops on his way home. He reached inside his coat and pulled out a packet of cigarettes and put one on his lips. A small lighter protruded from his fingers and a small flame ignited at its tip. He lit the cigarette, then, dismissed the flame with a rotation of his wrist and took a draw before blowing a cloud of smoke into the now thickened air.

He reached into his pocket and pulled out three palm sized notes and put them on the bar as he sat down. By now the people inside the pub had started talking again to each other every now and then a set of eyes would drift over his body. This made him slightly uncomfortable but it wasn’t anything he wasn’t used to. After all being a Military officer had its perks as well as its downsides. The barman turned around and opened a small fridge, pulled out two alcohol cans, and placed them on the bar in front of him. The bar was of neat pine construction with a polished surface and a cloth that spanned the whole length of the bar. His well tanned olive skinned hand reached forward from the clothes he was wearing and latched onto the smooth surface of the aluminium can. He removed the smoke and lifted the drink to his lips and drank from it. His prominent Adams’ apple moving as he swallowed a large mouthful of alcohol down to his gullet. He reached forward and placed the second can inside his jacket. By now he had finished his cigarette and flicked it into an ashtray before standing and making his way to the exit by turning the handle on the door.

Rikken walked outside, the rain had subsided for now and the storm clouds that had once loomed overhead were gone, slightly lifting his mood of the evening. It hadn’t been a particularly good one really. A Spy had gotten away today to the Military’s dismay and that was of real concern. He had been tasked with eliminating the man tomorrow before he could jeopardise the Military any further. Rikken was a soldier recruited by the Military to Assassinate. He was so immersed in his thoughts that he almost didn’t notice someone of particular interest to him. In fact it was James one of his most trusted friends inside the Military.

"Still Ticking Rikken?" James questioned,
"Yes, Fortunately." He allowed himself to smile, before grabbing James' forearm in a handshake, one of the Military Salutations.
He reached into the depths of his coat and pulled out a small blue box which he handed to James. James removed a cigarette from the packet and lit the end. James passed the packet back to Rikken, who then placed it back into his coat smiling. "Been a long time, Since I seen you," said Rikken with a one-sided grin on his face. "I thought you died in that Military attack on the power plant a few years ago."

"So everyone thought," said James, returning the grin and taking another draw from his cigarette. Before leaning against the wall and looking up into the sky. His skin colour had paled since he had last seen him a few years, but it seemed that his temperament and attitude remained the same. "But I’m still here aren’t I?" he said with distain looking at Rikken.
"Well, at least you’re alive. It will make my job a little easier anyway," said Rikken taking another draw from his smoke and butting it out against the wall. And walking past James,
"If you need anything," James started, "Let me know."
"Right," said Rikken as he continued onwards, towards his home.

He continued onwards in silence looking around as his surrounds every now and then as if waiting for something to jump out of the darkness at him. It wasn’t as though he wasn’t prepared. He was, his pistol was on his waist, he had just become a slightly edgy about the whole Military business. The fact that this Spy had actually managed to get away was disturbing. He shook his head, this was too much to think about at the moment and he needed an undisturbed sleep to help him think tomorrow. When it came to killing someone, He was an expert. No-one except James could match him when it came to close combat; James was a master at unarmed fighting.

Rikken continued onwards his eyes becoming heavy as he reached the door of his home. The turned the brass handle and entered into the unlighted dungeon that was his house. The place was very quiet, for no-one but himself lived there and he had intended to keep it that way. He was trying to be sure of that. He sat down on his double bed and kicked his boots off and put his arms behind his head, his mind wandered though his most guarded thoughts, he had not had anyone is his life really at the moment. It was partly his fault, he didn’t want to get involved with someone, because of the hazardous job that he had, and he couldn’t risk the involvement of a son, daughter or lover. He wouldn’t be able to live with himself if something happened to them. But as he grew more despondent he realised that maybe just maybe he needed someone in his life at the moment. He felt very lonely and afraid of what might happen to him later on in his life, would anyone really care if he existed? His eyes became too heavy and he collapsed onto his bed and thought no more.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Okay I know its a little over-dramatic. But I needed to have a decent story laid or at least some people already present in the storyline. This thread might die but it depends on how many are interested.

The story is basically about Private Military's fighting against each other in a clouded sense of truth and honestly thanks much in part to the war. Hence the name. "The Fog of War," The people inside the Private military each have a certain ability that the others don't. For example, Rikken is an expert marksman, James is an expert at hand to hand combat, I was thinking superpowers but not too omnipotent. Something like quicker reflexes or better hearing or something along those lines.

If you are interested post these following details.

Name:
Codename:
Speciality: (remember not too powerful.. I'll tell you if your not sure.)
Appearance:
Personality:
Weapons: (If any)
Abilities: Do they have any other Special training. (Eg hacking, decryption.)

Rules:
1. The usual, No godmodding... Blahblahblah.
2. Romance is allowed PG-13.
3. Be able to post at least once a week
4. Let me know if you have to leave for a week or two.. Beforehand.
5. Place "No Place To Hide" at the top of your Profile.

~Members~

Rikken Omnious - Rikken, James.

Sephiroth2 - Sleif .

Faint_Remnant - Lloyd Noumera.

Sora_rox_my_sox - Shay Tavran.

Wasilis - Druaga Uruk.

Akans - Jayin Nay

Reckless Chaos - Curt Gibbons.

Darkened Wings - Alex Rein.

Wolfy - Taryn Wanderer.

Wozza Black - Wozza Black.

Shall post temps when I have interested Members.

Last edited:

King Naruto

Retired (for now)
Awards
Creating bonds to save our world and bring peace
No place to hide

Name: Curt Gibbons
Codename: Snipe
Gendar: Male

Speciality: Being that Curt's sight is increased just like his other senses, he's usually the team sniper. Though he also a powerful close quarters combatent. Such increased senses are handy when it comes to hand to hand combat. Not his only thing, from increased senses stems into quicker reflexes and a faster reaction time.

Appearance: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v...Anime guys/Black Brown and Other/43175892.jpg

Personality: Snipe is confident, but without being cocky. He never second-guesses himself, and makes it a priority to be informed and to be right. He seems to have a sadistic sense of humor at times. He can be just as manipulative as the next person. He's always cool and calm, making it almost impossible to put pressure on him, in or out of battle. It also seems like he's always one step ahead...

Weapons:

Snipe has a M110 Semi-Automatic Sniper System. It's evident how skilled he is with it.

For a sidearm, he has his trusty .44 Magnum Colt Anaconda. He's had it for over two years now. It's eight chamber magnum.

Snipe has a handy survival knife if all else fails.

Abilities: His other speciality is in hacking. He can hack into almost anything.

Artemis

For the glory of the hunt
No Place To Hide

Name: Shay Tavran
Codename: Siren
Speciality: advanced flexibility
Appearance: http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u232/gurl020_2007/anime/915147p484xhbcik.jpg
She looks the same as the pic, only her shirt is black instead of white.
Personality: Shay is never afraid to speak her mind. She is kind and sensible, balancing out thiking between her heart and her mind. She is very outgoing, and never shy unless she is around cute boys XD
Weapons: a machine gun, which is her preferred weapon of choice
2 semi automactic pistols, one on each side of her body
she sometimes uses martial arts in close combat
Abilities: Besides her extreme flexibility and agility, Shay has the ability to decrypt any code. She is extremely smart, and can also hack menial things.

Last edited:

Akans

「moriya」
I hate having to ask for a reservation, but I'm asking for one now... the final exams are almost upon me, and I really have very little free time.

So reserve a spot for me so I can post a temp later XD

sephiroth2

Esurio Tenebris
Awards
Here's mine :)

----------------------------------------

No Place To Hide

Name:Sleif Destati

Codename: Void

Gendar:male

Speciality: Rapidly increased reflexes, allow Sleif to dodge most bullets, even at close range, while giving him the advantage of reloading his revolvers more quickly.
When in close range, his reflexes come in especially handy, giving him the power to stay upon par, to even the most expert of fighters.

Appearance: Sleif stands at 7', with light tanned skin, shoulder length pure silver hair and red piercing eyes.
He wears a full body length black trench coat, and a single black spike glove on his right hand.

Personality:Before Sleif started fighting, he was always calm and collective in how he acted and what he did. One day on a routine mission, something happened, and from that day Sleif never talked about it, however it changed him in some ways.

He now has a split personality. For the most part, he is calm and collective, exactly how he was before, but at certain times, especially during battle, his mood changes to a more insane and unpredictable nature. He lashes out at people, and almost never stops until either him or his opponent cannot go on.

Weapons:

Two pure silver Single Action Army Revolvers

In close combat, Sleif usually uses spiked glove to do some serious damage, along with his Colonial Giant Jackknife.

Abilities: Sleif's many ability is in stealth, allowing him to get up close to anybody or into anything without making a single sound.

Last edited:
F

Faint_Remnant

"No Place To Hide"

Name- Lloyd Noumera

CodeName- Davion

Age- 21

Gender- Male

Appearance-
2677.png

Personality- Rather quiet and to himself. Lloyd takes no attention to others as he doesn't trust much. After getting screwed over by friends and in war, he has a hard time even looking at people in a different way than what he thinks. Strong willed and confident, he tends to take the lead in certain situations when needed most. Reliable and heavy on justice, he makes the perfect candidate for war.

Weapons- Carries a rare sword.

Special Abilities- Lloyd's special ability is also within his sword. His sword can change different sizes. When small enough, it may even branch off into two duel swords. He is very skilled and can used it as if it weighed the same as a feather. Is uncanny flexibility and speed help how well he wields this weapon that normally others could not.

Last edited:

Noir

Bronze Member
Awards
No where to hide

Name: Alex Rein
Codename: Bullseye
Speciality: Hearing increased.
Appearance: Grey armour. Goggles above head. Mask over mouth.
Personality: Calm usally, but quick to anger.
Weapons: Machine gun, and 2 pistols. He also has a knife in case he has lost all of his bullets.
Abilities: He is skilled with hacking.

Last edited:

Jack London

Banned
No Place to Hide.

Name: Taryn Wanderer

Codename: Tank

Appearance:
warrior_6.jpg

Personality: Taryn is generally the more out-going and care-free type, always being seen grinning about something. For this, he is known as one of the more childish type, acting as though he were about fives years younger than his actual age. Despite this, he knows when his attention is needed and can be serious when he wants to be. He has a passion for close range combat and, although he doesn't do well as a leader, he makes for a great ally and knows the art of teamwork. When it comes to small parties in battle, he is always the first to charge and acts as the perfect shield for his longer ranged allies.

Weapons: He always keeps an automatic Shotgun holstered at his side, along with a dagger sheathed upon the other side.

Abilities: Taryn is both stronger and faster than the average human, being able to take many more hits than others may have been able to do. Equiped with a Shotgun, he is the perfect soldier to be charging the front line. His speed allows him to get close to an enemy with relative ease, being able to utilize his weapon to its full extent.

F

Faint_Remnant

So I get to RP with an old friend. This makes it the merrier.

Rikken Omnious

Imma planning to start the RP Tomorrow... 0815am Aus time ...It's Currently 0808pm now.

Please have all your Temps in by then.

@ Sora.. I didn't see your temp there. We have two sniper characters already as I said to F_R.. Needs to be changed.

Last edited:

Wozza Black

Name: Wozza Black
Codename: Blackfire
Speciality: Limted Telekinesis and The ability to heal the wounded
Appearance: in sig
Personality: Very stubbrn, and very individual
Weapons: P-90, a bit of C4, a glock
Abilities: Multi-lingual talents, Hacking, encryption and decryption.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back