• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The First Day ..

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

ThePromise

Tired
Awards
Okay, this also has a tad to do with 358's epilogue, after the fight with Riku, so ..in case you get spoiled..

POSSIBLE SPOILER ..MINOR THOUGH, reeeally minor.. ..>.>

But back on topic, after 358 ended, Roxas was heading towards the usual spot with a smile, saying 'Todays the day we might hit the beach!' and he was genuinely happy. But as we see in Kingdom Hearts 2, in the usual spot, he seems deep in thought and not as happy as before.

Was this a mistake Nomura made while developing 358? ..How could Roxas be ecstatic about the beach when running there, but in thought, and possibly depressed when we see him inside?..

Anyone got an explanation?

Oh and move the thread if you see fit, mods.

Deilnax

Awards
i noticed that too, but i guess its just a minor continuity-screwup, nothing to worry about.

Ehres

` dragon dance
Awards
Wasn't he depressed because he was being accused of stealing photographs? Which he only found out about after he arrived at the Usual Spot?

ThePromise

Tired
Awards
I wouldn't say that, Roxas wanted to clear his name,and I don't think something like that woulda depressed him so easily ..seemed like he was thinking more about the dream, since he was staring at his hands I think ..maybe the keyblade was on his mind, since he dreamed of Sora?..

So many possibilities..

Axens

Banned
He was probably depressed due to the fact that he was starting to have dreams about Sora and did not understand them. He began to become sadder and sadder as the dreams came.

ThePromise

Tired
Awards
But he only had one dream, right?..After he lost to Riku, the 'First Day' came the next day. ..Maybe its possible he never forgot the dreams of Sora when he could remember who he was, and DiZ kept those dreams in, but removed every other memory out?

..Nomura makes many things complicated..

Kyarah

I think it was just to show he was now without his previous memories, living a "happy, carefree life". He was prety angry and depressed at the end of Days.

The thing is that Hayner didn't mention the beach until later, day 2 or 3.

qster

The Last Bulbasaur
Well, here are some things to consider.
Things that may have caused this:
-Roxas being accused of being a photo thief. (Let's face it, when your accused of being a thief, your likely to change moods quickly)
-Dreams of Sora.
-Non-continuation/ Gap between both of the games when they were released. (There is a two or less release gap between the games, so something this minor can easily be forgotten)

Things we know couldn't have caused it:
-Memories of the Organization. (DiZ got rid of these memories...I think)
-Memories of Xion. (Forgot her after he defeated her)
-Memories of the Keyblade. (He was shocked when it first materialized in his hands, so he likely forgot all about it)

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
Imo at that part of KH2 he could have been just tired from troubled sleeping. He also could have been siting down for a while then his brain just went 'meh' from lack of activity. I havn't finished playing Days yet but when you see Roxas running to the usual spot did it say what day it was? It might not have neccisarily been the first day in VTT.

Luvinlizzxp

Website
www.facebook.com
Same day or not I really think its insignificant whether it was a mistake Nomura made or not.

Why?

Because the clip served its purpose. At the end of Days, when we see Roxas running with normal clothes through Twilight Town talking about the beach it makes us (or at least made me) think OHH. That's how Roxas got there. But ohnoes I feel all sad for him because he has absolutely no recollection of his memories at the OrgXIII.

And thus I got a sudden urge to play KH2 again :|

NumberVIII

Same day or not I really think its insignificant whether it was a mistake Nomura made or not.

Why?

Because the clip served its purpose. At the end of Days, when we see Roxas running with normal clothes through Twilight Town talking about the beach it makes us (or at least made me) think OHH. That's how Roxas got there. But ohnoes I feel all sad for him because he has absolutely no recollection of his memories at the OrgXIII.

This. You took the words right out of my mouth.

Also, what I thought was funny was, like Kyarah said, Hayner hasn't mentioned the beach yet. >>;

luna1017

Trying to reach the Second Star to the Right.
Maybe his happiness dropped when he got to the usual spot because his buddies told him that they were accused of stealing?

Why?

And maybe this too.

ThePromise

Tired
Awards
He didn't seem to be focusing on the stealing part though ..I still think he was freaked out by the dream xDD

Clip showed him in TT only to have him be unhappy again in the next game, perfect.

jlk2009

umm im pretty sure it said Day 359: The New Day soo that could easily been another day and day 1 in KH 2 could have been a different day altogether no? which would explain the change in atitude

Last edited:

Luvinlizzxp

Website
www.facebook.com
umm im pretty sure it said Day 359: The New Day soo that could easily been another day and day 1 in KH 2 could have been a different day altogether no? which would explain the change in atitude

Maaw but I feel like that would throw off the time a bit. Since 358 is exactly a week short of a year we know that works perfectly because that remainder of a week was spent in TT before Sora's Awakening. So adding another day would be kinda inconvenient...if that made much sense.

TeeCee1010

I think that Roxas was probably planning to suggest going to beach, but then got upset when he found out about the accusations, forgetting about the beach (until whenever Hayner mentioned it)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back