• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► The final trailer for Kingdom Hearts Melody of Memory has been released

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

After the release date for Kingdom Hearts Melody of Memory was revealed during yesterday's Nintendo Direct, Square Enix have uploaded the final trailer for the game, which showcases more gameplay, level design, playable characters, and showing off the English dubbing for the game.

In Kingdom Hearts Melody of Memory, a whole host of familiar Disney friends, foes and adventures await. Players will experience the magic of musical exploration by traversing through worlds packed with rhythm-action challenges as they collect and master over 140 songs from the Kingdom Hearts series along the way.

Whether alone, or with friends and family via local co-op and online multiplayer, players will need to defeat tough enemies and bosses to achieve the top ranks. Through three different play styles, gamers of all ages can choose their level of challenge depending on whether they want to enjoy the songs and adventure without complicated controls, or showcase their skills with complex combos to put on the ultimate performance. There will also be a mode to play the game using one button (Tetsuya Nomura via Goldpanner).

Kingdom Hearts Melody of Memory launches on November 11th 2020 in Japan and November 13th 2020 worldwide on PlayStation 4, Xbox family of devices, and the Nintendo Switch.

Follow Kingdom Hearts Insider on Facebook and Twitter for the latest updates on Kingdom Hearts Union χ [Cross], Kingdom Hearts Dark Road, Kingdom Hearts III, Kingdom Hearts Melody of Memory, and all things Kingdom Hearts and The World Ends With You!

Last edited by a moderator:

Chie

Awards
There's basically no more plot spoilers than had already been shown, in case anybody's wondering if they should watch or not.

Also, Kairi making an audible noise in reaction to Riku saying "Any news?" is, like, almost like them talking!

SweetYetSalty

Awards
For the plot, looks like they are keeping it hush, which is fine. I was more interested to see more gameplay. Looks like every character might have memory dives, which is cool. Seeing TAV was to be expected and nice. But no Kairi action. They are either not showing any of her stuff and saving it for the game, or this is just part 1 of her future development. Still cool to hear her narrate.

The buttons mash well with the music so that's also a plus. So far I haven't seen anything I don't like in the gameplay. But it is funny to see regular Sora in Pridelands with Simba.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
For the plot, looks like they are keeping it hush, which is fine. I was more interested to see more gameplay. Looks like every character might have memory dives, which is cool. Seeing TAV was to be expected and nice. But no Kairi action. They are either not showing any of her stuff and saving it for the game, or this is just part 1 of her future development. Still cool to hear her narrate.

The buttons mash well with the music so that's also a plus. So far I haven't seen anything I don't like in the gameplay. But it is funny to see regular Sora in Pridelands with Simba.

I am hoping this is a tease of more to come. I’d be pissed if it wasn’t.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
I am hoping this is a tease of more to come. I’d be pissed if it wasn’t.
I'd be shocked if there wasn't more. They put Kairi on the throne, so something big is happening with her. I think they are giving us enough with promoting her, but not showing what she's going to be doing and keeping that for the games. At least I hope that is what they are doing.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
When they started showing the Kairi Memory Dive scenes and the word, “And-“ appeared at the top, my clown ass really thought they were about to reveal playable Kairi. 😭

Still very excited for this though!

Violet Pluto

Awards
Is this the Final Trailer? It doesn't say so and Nomura said it would be in a few days. I mean he could have meant a few days from whenever he wrote that message being a bit ago but seeing as a bit of footage was in the Direct I'll keep my ears out, even if it's in vain.

AR829038

Awards
When they started showing the Kairi Memory Dive scenes and the word, “And-“ appeared at the top, my clown ass really thought they were about to reveal playable Kairi. 😭

The fact that the trophy for finishing the game literally shows Kairi with her Keyblade in a fighting posture assures me that she will end up being playable at some point.

D

Deleted member 252753

This game looks really good. I am glad they didn't give more spoilers about the plot so I can discover it while playing through for a change, even if it doesn't advance the overall plot that much. Hopefully I can get through the story quickly on the easiest mode and then spend Winter doing everything else.

SweetYetSalty

Awards

Maybe they are still trying to get Kairi's model ready. KH1 and KH2 Kairi have no battle animations yet, and KH3 Kairi hasn't been in the old style. I imagine all of these would be a secret right? We can't give up hope.

This game looks really good. I am glad they didn't give more spoilers about the plot so I can discover it while playing through for a change, even if it doesn't advance the overall plot that much. Hopefully I can get through the story quickly on the easiest mode and then spend Winter doing everything else.
I'm playing on Beginner, the only thing is lately with KH games, the easier the mode the more you have to do to unlock a secret ending. So regardless it'll be a long play. I'm up for it if I can do it all as RAX though.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Is this the Final Trailer? It doesn't say so and Nomura said it would be in a few days. I mean he could have meant a few days from whenever he wrote that message being a bit ago but seeing as a bit of footage was in the Direct I'll keep my ears out, even if it's in vain.
The Japanese tweet that accommodated this trailer said it was the final trailer.

the red monster

Awards
This being the final trailer kinda suck.

september and october are gonna be dry.

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
So far everything looks great. I think this game will be lite on the plot seeing how little we’ve seen. A Kingdom Hearts game like this one doesn’t need plot to make it enjoyable.

Back