• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► The final trailer for Kingdom Hearts Melody of Memory has been released

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
This trailers pretty good, gives a good idea of what to expect. Sadly by the looks of the world selector it looks like we might be restricted to preset teams, maybe even limited by the world.

Still it's cool to see that we can play as other trios (and that Aqua gets the lead position). I also wasn't expecting DDD Riku nor his party to be Dreameaters. Part of me wishes the Riku Team was him, Mickey and Kairi instead.
On a side note this confirms that some characters might have multiple forms, seeing we're getting KH1 Riku and 3D Riku.

I still think it's odd that our first Kairi focused game will not feature her as a prominently playable character, but hopefully this is just the first stepping stone, for her arc to begin.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
If we can unlock different versions I hope KH2 Sora is available. I myself love KH2 Sora's look and want it to get more love. KH1 Sora is fine, but let's give KH2 Sora some attention. Also I wonder if KH2 Riku with his edgy long hair will be playable? That should be interesting.

For flying sections I wonder if they'll have the other teams with flying animations? I believe Sora, Donald, Goofy, Ventus, and maybe Roxas all have flight animations. Axel and Xion do have glide animations in Days, don't know if that'll mean anything here. I haven't played DDD so Riku might have one, but he technically has a Days one too I suppose. But do Aqua and Terra had flight/glide animations? And if not, do you think they modified all the models to have one if they choose to play the entire game as a certain team? I hope so.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
game looks fun! so fun.

I love that Riku walking into a room and staring at everyone is considered an exciting enough moment to cut to logo. OMG ITS RIKU GUYS!!! I feel like, outside of young Kairi exposition and memories, this is going to be a horrendous KH when it comes to the classic 'stand-and-talk' scenes. That and, given Square's tendency to show too much in trailers, I feel like this game will have almost no story if this is the final trailer.

the red monster

Awards
game looks fun! so fun.

I love that Riku walking into a room and staring at everyone is considered an exciting enough moment to cut to logo. OMG ITS RIKU GUYS!!! I feel like, outside of young Kairi exposition and memories, this is going to be a horrendous KH when it comes to the classic 'stand-and-talk' scenes. That and, given Square's tendency to show too much in trailers, I feel like this game will have almost no story if this is the final trailer.
yeah i'm afraid we'll have only have like 30-40 (or even less?) minutes of story cutscenes

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
This sounds dumb but the boss fights look a bit odd to me, like what you're doing as a player is kinda disconnected from what your team is doing in the battle. Maybe it will click better when I play the game.
Not entirely true. There's a diamond shaped object on the track that makes Sora do magic/special attacks if the player presses the button on it. I assume failing to hit the notes results in Sora standing still & taking a hit from the boss, as there is an HP bar.

D

Deleted member 252753

Not entirely true. There's a diamond shaped object on the track that makes Sora do magic/special attacks if the player presses the button on it. I assume failing to hit the notes results in Sora standing still & taking a hit from the boss, as there is an HP bar.
Yeah, it's actually that there is some connection between what you do and the battle but not as directly (or maybe just less clearly) as during the field stages that makes it seem a little weird to me.

KeybladeMasterJr

Awards
I think they will fill the next two months with gameplay videos. But yeah, it’s weird to release this trailer now. I really think this game was initially planned to release this month next to FFCC but they changed their minds at some point. It would make sense considering how early the game was rated and the fact that the trophies are already on Sony’s server.
I tried to pre order from the square enix website but there doesn’t seem to be shipping to the U.S

Xickin

Traitor of KHInsider.com
Awards
Website
nicholasdoyle6.wixsite.com
Do we know the controls yet? I've been looking at the rhythm and combos but no indication really comes up for a lot of them. I also heard pray tell of a "one-button" mode? I have horrible rhythm so I NEED to know this!

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Looks promising. Since I played the FF version on the 3DS for months during train rides to work I'm not gonna miss this one.

Honestly though it'll be the first time where my interest is primarily in gameplay and the wonderful music rather than the overarching story.
Hopefully Nomura will refrain this time from introducing yet more new plot mcguffins and concepts out of left field.

SuperSaiyanSora

Awards
I actually decided to start replaying Re: Chain of Memories since the release date announcement a couple days ago, and in terms of the length for Melody of Memory, I think it'll probably be around that kind of length. Kingdom Hearts games have never really been long games -- you can actually beat KH1 in less than 12 if you know what you're doing -- but I think Re: CoM might be a good comparison of what we might get.

I think we'll probably complete a few worlds, maybe a cutscene or two will occur, and then continue on, just like how you get cutscenes after you complete a world and advance a floor in Re: CoM. I've seen people suggest that cutscenes will be 30 minutes at max, but I highly doubt that. I hope not, at least LOL.

There's so much to cover, like what Sora actually said to Kairi, to her deciding to dive into her memories and seeing her backstory. Radiant Garden and Apprentice Xehanort are going to be the focus, along with that machine that we saw in Hollow Bastion's castle and in Daybreak Town's Tower Ruins. Subject X might get some sort of reference or reveal, since I believe this would be around the same she was being experimented on as well (since this would take place AT MOST a year after BBS). If there's no reference, it'd be weird since it'd be the perfect place to touch on it, but I'll temper expectations here. And, there's the fact that Kairi's in The Final World (going by the trailers) twice - once with Riku, and once with the hooded figure. When Riku went with her, we see a bunch of stars like the Nameless Star in KH3, so we might get an idea of who they are (maybe they're the missing Upperclassmen in KHDR?). And finally, everything that what might be going with Sora. (And if we're lucky, possibly a Yozora appearance or reference).

So, there's a lot of stuff there that they could do for Melody of Memory. Expectations are tempered, but I don't think it'll be a quick Back Cover-like duration for cutscenes. If they are that short though, I'd imagine they'd explain a lot in a short amount of time, so who knows? If it works, it works. Regardless of length, I'm excited. I love music and rhythm games, so I'm cool either way. At most, the next full KH title would probably be a 2022 release most likely.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
Looks promising. Since I played the FF version on the 3DS for months during train rides to work I'm not gonna miss this one.

Honestly though it'll be the first time where my interest is primarily in gameplay and the wonderful music rather than the overarching story.
Hopefully Nomura will refrain this time from introducing yet more new plot mcguffins and concepts out of left field.
I'm gonna feel so jealous of everyone who can play this game on the go, while I can't. I don't have a Nintendo Switch so it's to the confines of my basement for me lol.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
I'm gonna feel so jealous of everyone who can play this game on the go, while I can't. I don't have a Nintendo Switch so it's to the confines of my basement for me lol.
I don't have a Switch either so it will be the PS4 version for me.

My 3DS in fact was "overused" so much by me that the shoulder buttons sometimes simply refuse to work now, especially the right one.
Not a good prospect when I get the vibe to play Kid Icarus: Uprising or the original Dream Drop Distance again, lol.

Back