• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Final Mix versions in 2.5?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

xMikelaw19

Now i know 1.5 featured the Final Mix version of KH1, so do you guys think based off that, then 2.5 will feature the FM's of KH2 AND BBS? or do you think we will simply get the version beefed up into HD? I assume they would follow the 1.5 trend, but i guess they could also not include the FM versions this time around since its more work. Your thoughts?

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
It is like 99.9% guaranteed that KH2FM and BBSFM will be in the next collection. It is not more work. They are the definitive versions of the games with canon story additions. What extra work would need to be done?

I honestly believe 1.5 is probably the harder collection that the Osaka team had to work with because they had to literally work on KHFM from scratch since the original data was lost. They took a copy of the game, ripped it, and then shuffled through that data and built it up from there.

Unless KH2FM's data was also lost (which is probably isn't because it's only been seven years and Re:CoM's data was intact) then there should be no problems. BBSFM is a PSP game and those are very easy to upscale and port to PS3.

Noir

Bronze Member
Awards
I would assume that BBS would be included, at least as a movie like 365 was. But it'd be pretty more likely that we'd get the game itself, really.
Which is good because I've yet to play the damn thing.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I would assume that BBS would be included, at least as a movie like 365 was. But it'd be pretty more likely that we'd get the game itself, really.
Which is good because I've yet to play the damn thing.

BBSFM wouldn't be a movie. The command deck system introduced in BBS has dramatically changed the series' gameplay direction to the point that we will see some form of it in KH3. The game had also started development on a home console before they shifted it to handheld, so the game was always really meant to be played on a TV.

It is essentially KH0.

Noir

Bronze Member
Awards
BBSFM wouldn't be a movie. The command deck system introduced in BBS has dramatically changed the series' gameplay direction to the point that we will see some form of it in KH3. The game had also started development on a home console before they shifted it to handheld, so the game was always really meant to be played on a TV.

This bodes well for me then, since I want to play the game, but my PSP is broken in a drawer somewhere in the forest of wires and other objects I call my second drawer.
Well, here's looking forward to KH2.5, I suppose.

xMikelaw19

You would think its a guarantee, then part of me thinks maybe they would just stick to the original versions, especially BBS? i hope not

State

Awards
KHs II and BbS FM version will be included in 2.5 seeing as how they're the definite versions in terms of plot and gameplay. Other than that, the "secret message" Nomura included in an artwork was apologizing for not being able to bring the FM versions outside of the Japanese gaming region, so yeah, this would be another opportunity for him to give us fans outside of Japan the chance to give them a try.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
You would think its a guarantee, then part of me thinks maybe they would just stick to the original versions, especially BBS? i hope not

Birth by Sleep was Osaka's first Kingdom Hearts title; not the first completed (Re:CoM), but it was the first one that they've ever worked on. You can tell very clearly in every interview with Osaka staff that they're very proud of it, and relegating 2.5 to vanilla BBS just seems rather out of the question.

There is no reason they would relegate 2.5 to having the inferior version.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

To add on to what Sign said, and to restate what I said, the Final Mix versions include canon story inclusions that have actually come up in KH3D like the fact Riku and Sora remember Namine, something we didn't learn in vanilla KH2 but in KH2FM. It is also where the secret ending "Birth By Sleep" shows up which is rather important in its own right as our first introduction to what would become the stage-setter for the second half of the series.

And hey, what about the Chamber of Repose and Chamber of Waking? That's pretty important but lol we don't know about it in KH2 but KH2FM.

KH2FM is practically a brand new game, and BBSFM has more additions to add to the experience.

The HD remasters are Nomura's chance to release the definitive versions of the games after not being released in North America, Europe, and Australia.

Last edited:

Gram

Banned
Awards
As others have stated already I would think they are guaranteed. It's be kinda a troll to give us one final mix but not the others.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
As others have stated already I would think they are guaranteed. It's be kinda a troll to give us one final mix but not the others.

Exactly. Why apologize for not bringing KHFM overseas, and then NOT bring the other two overseas as well? That'd just be silly.

Last edited:

axel95

Awards
Like everyone else has said, it wouldn't make too much sense to have KHFM in 1.5, apologize for not releasing it worldwide sooner, then not have KH2FM and BBSFM in 2.5.

I think I'm already more excited for 2.5 than I ever was for 1.5. KH2 was the first RPG I ever played, and along with BBS, two of my favorite games in the series.

MizuMikomi

Awards
The fact that Square Enix NA is recognizing that the Final Mixes exist at the bottom of the page of I.5 with the Kingdom Hearts Timeline should say something: http://www.kingdomhearts.com/home/
So in short: Of course we are getting the Final Mix versions, it would be silly of them not too.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
The credits in KH1.5 which contained footage of KHII, BBS and Coded show they used footage from, at least, the final mix version of II.
BUSRR9VCMAAMf6i.png

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
The credits in KH1.5 which contained footage of KHII, BBS and Coded show they used footage from, at least, the final mix version of II.
BUSRR9VCMAAMf6i.png

That picture is what makes me certain that we're getting KH2FM. And while there's no video evidence of BBSFM, only having two out of three Final Mixes wouldn't make sense.

State

Awards
BUSRR9VCMAAMf6i.png

Yeah, it's the FM version. SE recolors the enemies in the KH FM versions, that Heartless boss was green in the original KH2.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Yeah, it's the FM version. SE recolors the enemies in the KH FM versions, that Heartless boss was green in the original KH2.
Er... Chaser was stating that they used footage of FM in the credits, not asking whether or not it was.

State

Awards
Er... Chaser was stating that they used footage of FM in the credits, not asking whether or not it was.
I was reaffirming in-case anyone that hasn't played the FM version find that boss unfamiliar or weird, my bad if it sounded otherwise. d^^

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
I was reaffirming in-case anyone that hasn't played the FM version find that boss unfamiliar or weird, my bad if it sounded otherwise. d^^
Suuuuuuuuuuuuure .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back