• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Final Fantasy Class showdown

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Who will it be?

• Black Mage

Votes: 8 36.4%
  • White Mage

Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Thief

• Fighter

• Red Mage

• Monk

Votes: 2 9.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

文偉立

newb programmer
May we look back on White Mage for a bit?

White Mage, on default has a higher dexterity and magic defense than that of Black Mage. Unfortunetly, "Reflect" magic didn't exist at the time but if it was guaranteed to White Mage, Black Mage would truly be at a disadvantage. In later games, however, Red Magic "Dispel" would easily overpower the "Reflect" status. But Red Magic is definetely no match in comparison to Black Magic in terms of offense. So, if each of the mage classes were given their full powers, it would be a cycle:

Red Mage
|
V
Black Mage
|
V
White Mage
|
V
Red Mage
|
V
(repeat)​

Square Ninja

"special recipe"
Website
www.classicgaming.com
Master T said:
I'd much rather stay with the basics, but it's not up to me.

I was only pointing out a technicality. The only significant change happens to the thief. Not only does he get more proficient with weapons and gain more defence, but he can use some spells, too. Basically, he goes from sucking to kicking ass.

.:EngetsuDrake:.

Gurren Brigade FTW!
Go thief! Steal all their equipment! And their magic to...(Dunno if it´s possible... I´ve read to muth 8-bit theater....<(-_-)> )

文偉立

newb programmer
Square Ninja said:
Thieves couldn't steal in the first Final Fantasy. Their only strength lies in running away.

I remember that XD. By the time I upgraded everyone, I was quite annoyed to even have theif in my party against some unescapeable bosses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back