• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Final Episode Clarifications

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

OkaruAudo

Having just finished The Final Episode I have even more questions than before. Geez. For one, why did Xehanort use the keyblade on himself and attempt to separate his and Terra's heart? What happened after, why did he fall into the darkness and where is Terra's heart? Because their hearts were merged correct?

When Riku and Sora are talking, Sora talks to Ventus. Why would he suddenly talk to Ventus, not knowing who he is if earlier on he had willingly let Ventus take refuge in his heart? How was he just learning about Ventus despite knowing of him before through their interactions?

When Aqua is in the realm of darkness how do Terra and Ven's keyblades come and kill the heartless, Darksides, if I remember the name? Because they're not in the realm of darkness.

Also, when Ansem takes in Xehanort in Terra's body, is that how he became Ansem's apprentice?

Sorry for the barrage of questions but there's not a better community to ask them than here.

Wonderful

Awards
Having just finished The Final Episode I have even more questions than before. Geez. For one, why did Xehanort use the keyblade on himself and attempt to separate his and Terra's heart? What happened after, why did he fall into the darkness and where is Terra's heart? Because their hearts were merged correct?
realizing that terra would continue to fight against his control over the body, xehanort tried to rid himself of terra's heart. presumably this failed and merely ended up locking them both into an amnesia-like state. as for the dark realm thing, there isn't really a clear explanation for it. terra's heart is still in Terranort. their hearts weren't merged at that point and we don't know if they ever were. it's hinted that eraqus' heart stepping into terra's is keeping xehanort from being able to consume terra's heart completely, but who knows if that is still the case after ten years.

When Riku and Sora are talking, Sora talks to Ventus. Why would he suddenly talk to Ventus, not knowing who he is if earlier on he had willingly let Ventus take refuge in his heart? How was he just learning about Ventus despite knowing of him before through their interactions?
he was basically a newly born person when they first interacted. sora, naturally, forgot about these memories of his from being a baby. but their heart still had a connection due to these interactions and sora could feel that ventus was hurting, that's why and how he was able to call out to him.

When Aqua is in the realm of darkness how do Terra and Ven's keyblades come and kill the heartless, Darksides, if I remember the name? Because they're not in the realm of darkness.
the power of their bonds brought them there to protect her. they were there because she needed them, basically.

Also, when Ansem takes in Xehanort in Terra's body, is that how he became Ansem's apprentice?
yes.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards

Oh boy. Okay, Xehanort wanted to seal away Terra's heart in order to get control back. They seemed to be locked in a stalemate of sorts for a while after that, but we have no way of knowing what became of Terra. It's one of the series biggest mysteries.

Sora was a literal newborn when he accepted Ven into his heart, and was just forming his sense of self. Sense growing older, he had forgotten all about that encounter but he and Ven still shared a connection, and so when Ven was hurt - Sora felt it and reached out to him.

Magic ~*~*~*~, probably wayfinder related.

Sorry for the barrage of questions but there's not a better community to ask them than here.

Yes, the Ansem reports confirm that Ansem first found Xehanort in the streets, and took him in. The apprenticeship began after that.

OKAY, wow, Wonderful. just hop right on in in front of me. that's cool

OkaruAudo

Okay, so if Xehanort and Terra's hearts never merged would Terra's simply be in the same vessel fighting for control? Also, in the beginning, Sora only healed a part of Ventus's heart and then in the end he actually took in his heart correct? Last thing, in the credits it shows Kairi in a field of flowers and she senses the light of Sora( or was it Riku actually?), however it was told that she would sense the light when in danger. Danger didn't seem present. Is the danger ever explained? I assume that danger could be Xehanort being in Radiant Gardens, however at the same time he was an amnesiac.

OkaruAudo

ALSO HOLY SH*T

I apologize for the caps but if the reason Roxas looks like Ventus is because at Roxas's birth Ventus's heart went inside of him, wouldn't that mean Roxas actually had a heart the entire time?

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
Okay, so if Xehanort and Terra's hearts never merged would Terra's simply be in the same vessel fighting for control?
That's the idea, yes.

Also, in the beginning, Sora only healed a part of Ventus's heart and then in the end he actually took in his heart correct?
Yeah. The first time, Sora's newborn heart lent a part of itself to fill in what was ripped out. The second time, Ven's heart actually went inside Sora's and went dormant there.

Last thing, in the credits it shows Kairi in a field of flowers and she senses the light of Sora( or was it Riku actually?), however it was told that she would sense the light when in danger. Danger didn't seem present. Is the danger ever explained? I assume that danger could be Xehanort being in Radiant Gardens, however at the same time he was an amnesiac.
Foreshadowing. It doesn't always have to make contextual sense, especially in a credits sequence. =w=
ALSO HOLY SH*T

I apologize for the caps but if the reason Roxas looks like Ventus is because at Roxas's birth Ventus's heart went inside of him, wouldn't that mean Roxas actually had a heart the entire time?

Yes and no. Ven's heart might've hitched a ride in Roxas, but it still stayed almost completely dormant. It had no influence over Roxas being able to eventually perceive and feel emotions; that was the result of him developing his own through accumulated experience and interactions with Xion and Axel. (I say "almost completely" because it might've had something to do with Roxas' seizure at Castle Oblivion. Whether the same thing would've happened to Sora had he entered the Castle with Ven in his heart remains to be seen.)

Last edited:

OkaruAudo

But I think I once read a sort of debate, whose light was the spell Aqua cast focused on? Sora or Riku? Because Riku was the keyblade wielder.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
But I think I once read a sort of debate, whose light was the spell Aqua cast focused on? Sora or Riku? Because Riku was the keyblade wielder.
She'd find her way to whoever was going to get a Keyblade in the future. Which would've been Riku had darkness shenanigans not happened. Pretty open-and-shut debate tbh. :I

OkaruAudo

Ah. Thank you wise wise Black Osprey.

And people disregard what I said before. I just now learned that Roxas grew a heart instead.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
And people disregard what I said before. I just now learned that Roxas grew a heart instead.

That does not rule out him carrying Ven's damaged heart too, y'know?
Why do you think Roxas looks like Ven's identical twin?

Ventus' heart didn't influence Roxas' own personality and the development of his own heart, but it did influence Roxas' appearance and also allowed him (alongside the connection Roxas has with Sora's heart) to develop and feel real emotions (and thus develop his own heart) much faster than any other Nobody.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back