• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► The Final Dawn

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reverie

Bronze Member
Awards
That was a really good fight scene to read. Awesome job, Aria!

Aria

braver by the minute
So for this chapter the flames/smoke at the end have symbolic meaning, just keep that in mind ;)

Chapter 2: Smoke

Alli was smiling. Yes, smiling. The sight of it appalled Axel. Shouldn’t she be afraid or something? What the hell is up with her? Not only was she grinning at him, but she wasn’t making any attempt to move. Again, what the hell? Axel was in the middle of charging towards her when these thoughts flashed in his mind. Close enough to strike; he started to raise a chakram.

Alli smiled again, like she found his attack amusing. In a flash she reached down into her boot and pulled out a dagger. Axel was already swinging a chakram at her. He was too surprised to think about her actions, too off guard to do anything about it.
“What the fu-”

She lunged for his chest, a murderous smile across her face.

The flames were what convinced Namine to go get help. But of course, as luck would have it, Riku and DiZ had disappeared. She tried to think quickly; she hadn’t planned on needing to go far to get help. She didn’t think either of them would last that long. Only one name popped in to her head. She was the only person who was somewhat close. Maybe she couldn’t stop it, but Namine was willing to take that chance. “Xena.”

Axel wasn’t quite sure how it happened. One second he was about to slice her in half, and the next thing he knew she was on his chest with an icy dagger pinned up against his throat.

He laughed a little, careful not to move his throat to much. “What, do you think you’ve won now? I’m not afraid to die.”

Pressing the dagger a little harder, she returned the laugh and stared at his eyes. “You think you’re the only one,” she whispered. The dagger fell from her hand and clattered to the ground. She followed the dagger to the ground, the flames still dancing in a circle around them. “You think you’re the only one!” she screamed. Axel’s chakrams banged against the floor and disappeared. He slowly sat down besides Alli, who was lying across the floor, face to the ceiling.

He whispered to her, “Why can’t you guys just make it easy to choose a side for once?”

“Because, the more people who think that you’re right, the more you believe it yourself,” she responded.

Axel shook his head. “They’ll think they’re right, no matter what. Everyone always thinks they’re right.”

“Then what does that make us? What about the ones who’re caught up in the middle, the undecided ones?”

“We're the only ones who can see the truth,” he said.

She laughed in spite and cried out, “And look where that’s got us.”

The circle of flames continued to dance around them, filling the air with their smoke.

Last edited:

Traskix

Pie Equals Friendship in YO FACE!
Alli + Axel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i can see it lol and does it mean friendship or something

or that special spark ;)

lol

Aria

braver by the minute
I feel bad for not posting in a long time soooooo mini chapter time!!

longer chapter up tonight/tomorrow

Chapter 3: Worth It

Xena felt relaxed for the first time since joining the Organization. She and Roxas were walking through the path in the woods, searching for Heatless. Birds were singing and sunlight streamed through the tree branches, bathing them in a yellow glow. She twirled in circles as she walked, getting many confused stares from Roxas.

“It’s a good day today, can’t you feel it?” she said, doing another twirl.

Another confused look flashed on his face. “Uh-huh.”

“Xena!” he heard a voice scream. Startled, he whipped around and summoned his keyblade to find who had interrupted them. It was Namine. She was gasping for breath, but she kept running toward them. “Oh, Xena it’s horrible! You need to come quick!”

“What? What’s going on?” Xena asked her, just as confused as Roxas now.

“Axel started a fire in the Haunted Mansion. He and Alli are still inside, and they’re not coming out anytime soon.”

They were pitiful. Alli was still lying across the floor, always the drama queen. Axel was the one who surprised the hooded man. He was sitting right next to her, looking protective when he spotted the hooded man. Defying orders…the quickest way to a sad fate.

Alli started to scream at him. Automatically, he tuned her out. The man in the cloak turned around and started to walk out the door. There was no need to put out the fire. Nothing in the building was worth saving.

Aria

braver by the minute
Chapter 4: The Forgotten

She just couldn’t believe he would show his ugly face around there. Of course his face was hidden, but she could see through his disguise, see through his lies.
“Just keep up your act! Maybe soon you’ll even fool yourself!” she screamed at him. Through the smoke he walked, all the way out the door.

The flames had eaten through a good majority of the mansion, emitting a huge cloud of smoke into the blue sky that was visible from the woods. Unmoving, Xena gaped at the mushroom cloud. “CRAP!” she screamed, and she sprinted into a portal. Roxas and Namine ran in after her.

The portal took them into the library. The air was thick with smoke from the burning books and burning wood. The additions to the mansion were burning slower than the rest of the mansion. Craaack, a flaming piece of ceiling dropped down in front of them. The girls screamed and ashes flew everywhere. Wary of other things falling, they rushed into the door.

“What the hell are you guys doing here? The building’s burning down you know,” Alli said.

“We’re here to save your butts! Now come on!” Xena replied. Desperate to get out of there, she tried to open up a portal. Nothing appeared.

Namine shook her head. “I was afraid of that,” she whispered. “The Organization’s cut off your use of the corridors of darkness. Xemnas has a lot of influence in opening them, so they can cut us off.”

Roxas spoke up, “Axel, can’t you do something about the fire?”

He shook his head. “It’s too out of control now.”

Xena started to sweat, and not just because of the heat that was slowly getting more intense. Alli started to cough violently.

“We’ve gotta make a run for it, now,” Alli coughed.

The realization set in on the rest of the group. Up the stairs, down the stairs, out the hall, we can make it. I hope. Xena planned.

“What are we waiting for?” she asked.

They all started to rush towards the door, and it was then when Xena understood what people meant when they said “running for your life.”

“It’s simple, cut off their means of transportation. Without it they’re dead. Literally.” the hooded man explained.

Xemnas nodded in triumph. “By today all our threats will be lost and forgotten.”

Forgotten… how fitting.
The man thought. Looks like I’m not the only one who’s been forgotten.

The group was going as fast as they possibly could while avoiding falling debris and the flames. Alli stopped a couple times because of a coughing fit, but Namine would grab her arm and pull her along. The smoke was starting to affect everyone, even Axel.

“Heads down!” he would shout at them and start coughing. When they got down to the main entrance the front door was barricaded with flames.

Namine called to them from behind, “Use the back entrance!” They followed her out the door, coughing and gagging all the way. “We should get as far away from here as possible,” she said, dragging Alli along. Namine walked towards the woods.

No one said anything; they just trudged along behind her.

Off in the distance, the sound of a wailing fire truck could be heard.

“How are we going to get around?” Roxas wheezed.

Xena shook her head and said, “I don’t know.”

“The train station,” Alli croaked, now being half-carried by Namine. “Anyone have any munny?”

Axel, Xena, and Roxas emptied their pockets and quickly began to count the change they had pulled out.

Xena looked up in surprise. “I think we have enough for five tickets!”

Alli managed a smile, “Good, because I know where we can get a real ride.”

“What do you mean there was no one in the building?” The man shouted.

The firefighter gave him a funny look. “Yeah, there was no one in there. Pretty lucky though, after the thing collapsed no one had a chance of surviving. We’re still trying to find the source of the flames, but so far we’re having no luck…” He started to ramble on about how big the flames were, and the man tuned him out.

The man composed himself. “Indeed, very lucky.” And he started to walk away.

The firefighter scratched his head and stared at the man walking away. What a strange guy...

In the basement of the mansion it was pitch black. All the lights had been burned off because of the fire, apart from one tiny blue glow being emitted from a back room.

Memories contained, 1%
the little screen read.

The blue light flickered and the screen turned off, leaving the room in darkness once again.

Traskix

Whhhhhhhhoa, that was EPIC ESCAPING THERE!!!

and Cara they used ur ocean of drool to put out the fire XD

Aria

braver by the minute
well where else would the firefighters get all the water? lowl xD

Aria

braver by the minute
omg!!! theres still some memories left!! yay! wiat.. thats a good thing right?

you'll see :D

sorry for the long wait... idk i've just been a lazy writer lately xP

Chapter 5: Detours

The group continued to trudge through the forest. It really had only been a few hours, but for them, walking through the seemingly never ending rows of trees, it might as well have been weeks. Alli started to have another coughing attack as the sun was setting, and it cued the group to make camp for the night. Namine and Xena crowded around Alli, trying to make sure she was alright. But of course Alli would have none of it.

“Stop treating me like I’m three,” cough, cough, “All I need is a little fresh air.”
You’re surrounded by fresh air, Xena thought, but she pushed the thought aside. Alli’s right, she’ll be fine.

Axel made them a fire, and the group huddled around it. Everyone was starting to shiver with the sun setting and the heat fading

Although no one would say it aloud, the group was starting to doubt Alli. She had boldly paraded through the trees, following an invisible trail. “I know where we’re going,” she would say every time someone would protest.

“I don’t think she really knows,” Roxas would whisper to Xena.
As they wearily lay down to sleep, even Alli was starting to question her direction.

Alli waited until everyone else was asleep. Like a silent jaguar, she slid out of the camp and headed for the cover of the trees. She summoned her bow and took an arrow from her quiver just as silently. Her eyes were naturally able to see clearly in the dark. She was relying more on her ears though. She followed them about 40 feet into the woods and away from the camp until she could clearly hear shallow breathing. There was a figure crouching in the shadows. Her arrow flew at the figure. Running almost as fast as the arrow, she followed it to the figure.

The figure jumped and tried to hide behind another tree, but Alli already pinned the figure up against the tree by the throat.

“I see you’ve gotten taller,” she said coldly.

The figure started to squirm and breathe rapidly. “It’s just a spell,” he responded.

“Oh I see, so it’s another lie?” The words came out like a slap to the boy.

He desperately tried to get out from her iron grip. After realizing it was no use, he stuttered, “I’m not the bad guy here. I’m trying to help!”

Alli rolled her eyes in response. “You’re doing one hell of a crappy job. That building you let burn down held a crucial memory, the last thing holding her heart together. Honestly I’m not surprised she hasn’t died yet.”

She ripped her bow away from his neck, and he fell to the hard forest floor.

“No,” he cried, “she can’t! I… I won’t let it happen!”

Alli resisted the urge to kick him. “No, you’re going to go away. You’re going to give me the mark that you have, and then you’re going to disappear. I’m the one who’s helping her now.”

“I hope this is just because you can’t feel,” he muttered. With a shaky hand he reached into his cloak and pulled out an exact replica of Xena’s harp, except it was the size of his palm. Alli swiped it from his hand and started to run back to the camp. There was no doubt in her mind that he wouldn’t be following them anymore.

“Wake up everyone! It’s a bright and early day and we’ve got a ton of walking to do!” Alli screeched at them. Groaning, the other four rolled from the uncomfortable position on the ground and stood up.

“I swear I fell asleep on a root,” Axel moaned while he rubbed his neck.

“At least you had a root, I got stuck on a rock,” Roxas countered.

Xena interrupted them, “you two are lucky, I fell asleep on Namine’s foot.”

Namine blushed and didn’t say anything.

“Hey!” Alli barked, “If you guys want to get out of this forest then we better get going.”

They followed her twisted trail through the forest once again. After about an hour, Alli started to smile. “Welcome back,” she declared as she moved away a tree branch with her arm. Xena started to run, and the others followed her example. A huge smile on her face, Xena broke through the forest. Immediately the smile fell form her face, as did the smiles of Roxas, Axel, and Namine.

“Are you freaking kidding me?” Xena shouted at Alli. After a day of walking through the woods they were standing in the middle of the ashes of the haunted mansion.
“I’ll explain later, k? Right now we just need to get to the train station,” she replied.
None to happily, the group began to follow Alli again. They walked through the town, getting strange looks from the other people around. They were a sight for sore eyes with dark bags under their eyes, twigs sticking out of their clothes, and rips in their clothes. Only Alli was walking tall and proud, shouting at them to hurry up almost every minute.

They finally arrived at the train station. Xena, Roxas, and Axel emptied their pockets once more and handed the munny to Alli.

“Five tickets for the purple train,” she demanded.
The ticket collector winked and handed her five tickets just as a purple train pulled into the station. Everyone else was too tired to question her. They dragged their feet to the train, Alli already aboard.

The train had big plushy seats and a soft light illuminating the compartment. Xena and Roxas took a seat side by side. Within a minute of departing Xena’s head was resting on his shoulder while she slept. Roxas stroked her hair and quickly followed her to sleep.

Cough cough cough.
The sound of Alli’s cough jolted Xena awake. She blushed when she realized she had been leaning against Roxas. “Where are we?” She asked in order to avoid an awkward moment.

“We’re at Yen Sid’s tower. Namine and I are going to go borrow a temporary gummi ship and then we’re heading to Hollow Bastion.” The two exited and left Xena, Roxas, and Axel in the train alone. An awkward silence surrounded them, all silently wishing for the two girls to hurry.

A loud bang broke up the silence. “We got the ship, come on!”

They unloaded from the train and climbed into a sparkling gummi ship.

Xena shook her head. “I don’t even want to know how you convinced him to lend you this.”

Alli cracked a smile and started to set out their course. “Next stop Hollow Bastion.”

Traskix

*gasp* who is the mystery person!!!!!

and daawwwwww Xena+Roxas ♥

cant wait till the next one!!

Aria

braver by the minute
Um okay just for clarification, the hooded man and the guy in the last chapter are the same person.. hopefully this chapter clears that up xP

Chapter 6: Dusk

“What are you doing awake?” Roxas asked.

Alli, Namine and Axel were all sleeping away. Roxas had woken up earlier to the sound of Alli walking around, and he had been trying to fall asleep ever since. That is, until Xena woke up too.

She shrugged her shoulders. “I don’t know. I’m just cold I guess.” Hunched over the fire, she had her hands almost touching the flames in an attempt to get warm. The fire made her eyes shine, and Roxas couldn’t help but stare. Xena raised an eyebrow at him. “You okay Roxas?”

“Oh, um nothing it’s just, um, youlookreallyprettyinthefire. I mean the firelight, ‘cause if you were in the fire that would be bad…” Roxas stopped himself from rambling and hoped Xena wouldn’t notice how red his face was getting.

She looked surprised. “Oh, um, thanks, I guess.”

Way to blow that one Roxas,
he groaned mentally.

Another rack of violent shivers ran through Xena. Instinctively, Roxas scooted closer to her and wrapped his arms around her for warmth.

“Don’t worry we’ll be out of here soon enough,” he whispered.

Xena stopped shivering and looked up at Roxas, a child-like look on her face.

“I don’t think getting out of here’s the problem. It’s what we go back to that I’m scared of,” she whispered back. He nodded, and they stared at the fire for a while.

Suddenly, Roxas found himself leaning in, don’t blow it don’t blow it don’t blow it, he silently screamed. Their eyes closed at the same time and their lips met. At first it was a normal kiss, soft and sweet. But Xena found herself lost in it, not even able to think about what was happening. It just was. Soon they were making out, until a loud pop in the fire startled Xena. Refusing to meet Roxas’ eye, her eyes opened and she broke apart from him.

“I better get to sleep,” she mumbled. Roxas nodded in reply and watched her drift off to sleep.

“Axel I totally blew it! She’s never going to talk to me again!” Roxas whisper-screamed to Axel. He had waited until he was sure Xena was asleep, and then forced Axel awake to help him figure out what happened.

“I don’t know what you mean man. Sounds like you two were getting it on.”

“Ugh, Axel, don’t say that. You’re making it sound so much dirtier than it was.”

“Psh,” Axel responded, “you’re the one who woke me up. You know I can’t think straight when I’m tired.”

Roxas rolled his eyes. “Sorry but you need to help me figure what the heck I’m supposed to do now. She wouldn’t even look at me!”

“First thing you do is let me go back to sleep. Second thing you do is not wake me up. Third and finally, you’ll await my expert advice when I can fully function. Got it memorized?”

Another eye roll followed, and Roxas said, “You lazy ass you’ll never be able to get up if you’re head gets any bigger.”

“Well good, that means that no one will try to wake me up in the middle of the night with their girlfriend problems. Seriously, she’ll probably forget about it by morning. Just go to sleep and deal with it tomorrow,” Axel groaned.

Hoping that was the case, Roxas followed Axel’s advice and slowly fell back into his dreams.

“Namine, wake up,” Xena whispered. No response came from her, so Xena poked her. “Namine.” Poke. “Namine!” poke. “Wake up!”

Namine groaned and rolled over. “Mhmm?”

“Roxas kissed me!”

“What?!? He did?”

Xena nodded furiously. “Yeah, and I kissed him back! It’s horrible!”

At this Namine got confused and whispered, “I don’t see what the problem is here. Tell me the details!”

“Well we were sitting by the fire and talking and then he just kissed me! But then I freaked out a little.” Xena blushed deep red, invisible to Namine in the dark.

“Why?” Namine questioned.

“I don’t know really,” Xena said, “It just doesn’t feel right now.”

Namine asked, “The kiss?”

Xena shook her head and sighed, “No, me and Roxas.”

“What do you mean you couldn’t find them?” Xemnas yelled.

“They just disappeared after the fire! I don’t know how they could’ve survived it,” The hooded man responded.

Xemnas stood up from his desk and pushed him to the ground. “You liar,” he hissed.

The man skidded across the floor and his hood fell from his face. Frantically he tried to put the hood back up, but Xemnas had grabbed him by his hair and pulled him off the ground. Underneath the hood there was the face of a very scared boy. His messy brown hair hung over his hazel eyes.

Xemnas sneered, “You didn’t think that a charmed cloak could keep your identity hidden forever, did you?”

The boy squeaked “Well, um, I-I didn’t think that, um-

“That’s right, you didn’t think.” Xemnas threw him to the ground again. "Now tell me where they are!

“No, I won’t let you hurt her!” The boy scrambled to his feet and ran out the door, already thinking of his next destination. Don’t worry Xena, I’m coming back.

Xemnas watched him run out the door. Smiling wickedly, he turned around and sat at his desk. “Let’s see how far you get with the dusks on your trail.”

Traskix

*poke* i luved it!!! *squee!*

lowlrly.png

Sparks

gone
Ok..
1. ALLI IS BAD ASS xD She is now one of my favorite characters.
2. O_0<<at the hooded guy, I have a feeling I know who it is, but yet idk lol.
3. Roxas+Xena=♥♥♥ AWWWW but then in that chapter its now different and kinda sad!!! </3 but its sooooo funny at the same time lol.
4. Whoo hollow bastion!!!!
lol such an awesome story.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back