• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► The Final Dawn

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aria

braver by the minute
Yeah so here's chapter 7, I've been busy with school so that's why it took so long to get up. Chapter 8 should be up this week. Oh and just for pronouncing the new characters names', Ilan= Dylan without a D, and Aila= Ay-la. Enjoy xD

Chapter 7: Rewind: In the Night

Xigbar stood outside of Xena’s door. He knocked on the door, two quick taps, and waited for an answer. Silence met him at the door. A long creak filled the air as he slowly opened the door. Shock overtook him when he saw the room.

He sighed, “And I wasn’t allowed to paint the walls in my room…” He looked up at the ceiling once more and yelled, “Xena! Get up!”

Xena was sitting in a tree. The branch was very thick and high above the forest floor. It was a large tree, similar to all the other trees in the forest that surrounded it, but it was older and taller than all the others. The air carried a woodsy aroma everywhere. The sounds of nature were all around her. There was the hum of insects flying, animals scurrying around the forest floor, and the flowing river. There was laughter too. Xena looked at the person who had laughed. It was a skinny boy with dark brown hair and hazel eyes. He looked about 13 years old and had the same elf ears as Xena. She recognized him as Ilan, her best friend.

Xena chuckled and started talking in a different language, “You’re so weird Ilan! Aila is going to be so mad!”

Ilan answered in the same language, “But you were the one who planned it. You were there too!”

Ilan laughed while Xena’s cheeks grew bright red. She looked up at the sky. There were millions stars were shining against the black blanket of sky. The moonlight shined on Ilan and Xena’s face.

“Do you ever think there’s something else up there?” She asked.

Ilan looked perplexed, “You’re the Keeper. If you don’t know then I wouldn’t. I guess there might be something though.”

“You don’t know anything do you?” Xena said playfully.

“Aila tells me what I can and can’t know,” Ilan chortled. Xena laughed along with him.

“Ilan!” A voice called to them from the ground, “Are you two up there?”

“Yeah we’re up here!” They both called. Within half a minute the girl joined them.

She was older than Ilan and Xena by three years. She had long light blonde hair and the same hazel eyes and ears as Xena and Ilan. Her eyes were piercing as she looked at them.

“You two need to stop coming here at night. It could be dangerous,” She said.

“Don’t worry Aila we know what we’re doing,” Ilan responded. As he said that a wolf’s howl rang throughout the forest.

Aila looked panicked, “C’mon guys, we really need to get back.”

“We’re fine Aila the wolves won’t do anything,” Xena rolled her eyes.

A scream cut through the night from the village's direction. Aila’s face got even more distressed. She started to tug at Ilan’s sleeve, “Please, something’s going on back in the village. We really need to go!”

Ilan and Xena whined but stood up like she had requested. They started hopping gracefully from one branch to another, all the way to the bottom of the tree. Aila didn’t seem any less distraught when they got down. She grabbed Ilan’s hand and reached for Xena’s, but when she saw Xena she screamed.

“Xena, wake up!” Aila yelled, but it wasn’t Aila’s voice anymore. Xena didn’t know what was happening.

“Xena, get up NOW!”

Xena woke up with a jolt. She had been sleeping on a pile of sheets arranged in a nest-like manner. The man with the eye patch was screaming at her from below. She rubbed her eyes and yawned. Xena peered down to look at the man.

“What’s your name?” She asked.

The anger was replaced by shock, “Uh, its Xigbar.”

“Okay, Xigbar. Why are you in my room and waking me up with your yelling?”

“Because we need to make you useful, so we’re going on a mission. Put on your black coat and meet me in the common room in twenty minutes,” With that said he walked out of the room.

Xena sighed and rolled over in the blankets. The dream had been so real. Everything she had experienced the day before felt hollow, like it wasn’t complete. She looked at the ground and jumped. The air howled for a moment then she landed with a soft thud. She changed into one of the coats and walked into the hallway towards the bathroom. She knocked at the door and walked in.

The bathroom was tiny, the sink, toilet and shower were all crammed into it. Xena turned the knob on the shower to hot and grabbed a towel from the rack. She took off the coat and put it next to her towel. The water was warm and felt good against her skin. There was a bottle of violet smelling shampoo that Xena used. Then she turned off the water and got out of the shower.

There was a bunch of fog on the mirror so Xena drew a smiley face with her finger. It was lopsided and she laughed. Her hair was dripping, but she didn’t bother to dry it and just put it into two braids. She slipped on the coat and started to run towards the common room.

Xigbar was leaning against a chair with his arms folded. A look of disgust filled his face when he saw her, “Took you long enough. Now c’mon kotori, we gotta go.”

A portal appeared in the middle of the room. When she made no effort to move Xigbar scowled.

“We don’t have all day kotori.”

She gave him a confused look, “Why are you calling me that?”

“I’m big on nicknames. Now we need to go,” He repeated.

Xena gulped and walked towards the portal. It seemed so intimidating to her, but she walked in anyway. The experience was similar to her first trip in a portal, except it seemed quicker and less extreme. She opened her eyes as Xigbar paraded out of another portal.

They were on a sunny island with glittering sand. The smell of salt water filled her nose immediately. She looked at her surroundings. The trees were different from any tree Xena had seen before. The trees were skinny and tall, with no branches and a few giant leaves at the top. The ocean appeared to continue on forever, like it ended where the sky started. The waves crashed with a slight roar and seagulls cried above her head.

“Where are we?” She asked in wonder.

“Welcome to Destiny Island, kid.”

Last edited:

Traskix

Pie Equals Friendship in YO FACE!
Whhhhhhoa that was kool, it was like a diff story for a moment.

And what does her nickname mean???

Aria

braver by the minute
It means "little bird" in Japanese. Yeah I know Xigbar's a creep o_O It doesn't have any plot-relevance, but it's just some more character interaction between him and Xena. In the future chapters Xena gets really annoyed at him for it :D

Reverie

Bronze Member
Awards
I'm really enjoying what I'm reading so far; looking forward to next chapters. :3

Aria

braver by the minute
I have no comments :p

Chapter 8: Marks, Memories, and Meetings

The waves roared and crashed as the tide came in. With them they took thousands of tiny little seashells back out to sea.

“Wow,” Xena whispered. She spun around to get a full view of the island. It was so foreign to her, yet it held a familiar essence. I would’ve remembered this place if I had been here, she assured herself.

Xigbar crossed his arms and cleared his throat, “Since it seems like you’re done spacing out, why don’t we actually start the mission?”

“Oh, uh, sure,” She replied

“K, well basically what you need to do is look for some marks,” Xigbar started, “I don’t know what they look like. That means don’t ask me about them. They could be anywhere in the worlds or look like anything, so you better start looking.” He started to open up a portal and looked at Xena, “I got some business to take care of on the mainland. You look here and I’ll be back in a bit. See ya.”

“Why are we looking for the marks?” Xena questioned.

He was halfway through the portal, “We’re gonna find your home world.” He ducked his head inside.

“Wait, Xigbar!” Shouted Xena, but he had already disappeared. She kicked the sand and groaned. “How am I supposed to know what I’m looking for?” The sun beat down on her harder as she started to panic. Her hair whipped at her face as she started to look around wildly.

“Pull your self together, Xena,” She muttered. The aqua water shimmered with the sun rays. Xena looked at the water keenly.

“Maybe just a quick dip…” And she started to sprint towards the water. Cool water splashed at her face with every step she took. Pretty soon she was out over her head. There was a small part of the island that was connected to it by a small bridge, and Xena swam gracefully towards it. Rainbow colored fish swam under her, and she could see the shell lined floor glittering in the sun. She reached a spot where she could climb onto a ladder to the mini island. The ladder was rickety, but it held as she climbed up. Water flew everywhere when she shook the water off of her. She looked around at the small isle. It wasn’t that special, just a couple palm trees and a weird star shaped fruit.

The fruit sparked her memory of the mission, “The marks! Oh gosh I need to find them.” The bridge that led to the main island creaked noisily with her footsteps, like it would break at a moment’s notice. Xena decided she would just look around the island. Maybe she’d find the marks then. She passed a quaint little pool and waterfall. She paused for a moment. Waterfalls… no, it was probably nothing. What really caught her attention was a hole in a massive rock wall that wrapped around the island. Vines grew over it, hiding the opening slightly. She ducked and stepped through it, pushing the vines aside with her hand. A narrow passage of rock was revealed to her.

She walked down the short passage and took a left into a more spacious cavern. Roots grew along the picture painted walls. Most of them were simple white chalk drawings. Xena’s attention shifted towards a door, straight in front of her. It stood out like a fish in a tree against the rocky walls. The door was had soft looking, polished light wood and had a circle arc to it. The only thing missing on it was a doorknob. She walked to the door first, but it wouldn’t open. It’s just some random door, She thought.

Xena focused on the drawings next. She walked around the cavern, studying the different drawings. There were hundreds of different drawings against the wall. There was a palm tree, a boy and a girl with the star shaped fruit, an island on an ocean, and a falling leaf, to name a couple. She ran her hand on the drawing of the boy and girl. The surface was smooth and sent chills up her arm.

“You,” A girl’s high pitched voice broke through the silence. The word echoed in the cavern, you, you, you… Xena jumped and spun to look at the girl. She was wearing a light pink dress with a white tank top and matching shoes. The dress had more zippers on it than Xena could count. She had red brown hair and deep blue eyes, and she looked around 16.

Xena shook some pebbles off her knees, “Hello? Have we met before?”

The girl stared right through her, “You… Sora went with you. You came back. Sora hasn’t come back yet.”

Xena was bewildered, “Sora? I don’t know a Sora.”

The girl snapped, “You don’t know Sora? I bet you don’t remember me then, Kairi. I bet you don’t remember all the other people you lied to either.”

The girl stepped forward. Xena stepped back, “I… I don’t remember…” Then she snapped too, “I don’t remember anyone, okay?”

Her eyes filled with hatred, “You don’t belong here. You never will, no matter how much you want to. You’re too afraid of change to belong anywhere.”

The words hit Xena like a slap in the face. She stared at the girl, Kairi, open mouthed in shock.

Kairi crossed her arms, “Speechless, the truth is hard, isn’t it?”

“What’s your problem?” Xena shouted, but her voice wavered.

Kairi threw her head back and laughed. “My problem?” She screeched, “My problem is you! Things were just starting to get better. Then you showed up.” She marched towards the drawing of the boy and the girl. Glaring at Kairi the entire time, Xena let her pass.

“You should be going. The Organization will want its traitor back,” Kairi whispered it so low Xena could barely catch it. Kairi ran her fingers over the drawing, tracing all the lines.

Xena started to walk backwards, “Don’t think I’ll forget this.” She saw light streaming through the opening and ran towards it. Gasps escaped her lips like she had just run a marathon when she got outside. The words slammed against her head again and again. …all the other people you’ve lied to… you don’t belong here… you never will… traitor. Her head throbbed with each word.The world started spinning and she stumbled out towards the beach. Her breathing became jagged and broken. “What’s wrong with me?” She gasped. The world spun violently like a carousel with a jet engine, and Xena collapsed on the soft sand. “Why can’t I remember?” Her question rang out as the world turned black.

“I leave you alone for 2 hours and you go off and die on me? Tsk, tsk,” Xigbar stood over Xena’s body. He nudged her with his foot, “C’mon we’re leaving. Wakey wakey kotori, nap time’s over.”

Her vision lost its black cover as he spoke. Light slowly streamed through her eyelids and she could see again, although it was a little blurry.

She groaned but complied and stood up. Sand was stuck to her hair and cloak, which she quickly shook off. The world was still spinning, but not as violently.

“Xigbar,” She asked, trying to steady herself, “What does that mean? What’s a kotori?”

“Psh, like I’m going to let you off that easy. You should be able to figure it out. Maybe it’ll jog your memory, or whatever’s left of it.”

Xena tripped over her feet and barely caught herself, “Can I ask one more question? Who did you meet on the mainland?”

Xigbar rolled his eyes, “You wish. It’s top secret stuff, kid, classified.” With a wave of his hand a portal appeared. “K, did you find any marks?”

She replied, “No.”

He looked as if he expected her answer, “Then you have one more part to your mission.” Black as night, three monsters appeared. Two antennas sprung from the heads with yellow eyes. They had two arms and legs and a small body that barely reached to Xigbar’s waste.

“Heartless,” Xena gasped.

He nodded, “You can come back when these are destroyed. Don’t leave them on the island. Things would get really messy for me.” He put one foot through the portal, “Oh yeah, your harp might be helpful here.” With a whoosh he disappeared.

The Heartless wriggled and squirmed in a dance like motion. Green light flashed as Xena’s harp appeared in her hand.

“Damn you, Xigbar,” Xena bent her knees and held the harp in both of her hands. One of the Heartless sprang into the air, heading straight for Xena’s face. She sidestepped the monster and sliced her harp down its middle. It disappeared in a puff of black smoke. The two remaining Heartless danced around her in a circle. Xena crouched again, waiting for the next attack. They jumped at her at the same time. Surprised, she took a step back, but tripped and fell onto the ground. The harp spun wildly across the sand and evaporated into green dust. Arms and legs were flying as Xena tried to back up. The Heartless closed in on her and pounced. Xena turned her head and closed her eyes, her hand up to protect her face.

“Stop!” She yelled. A cling that sounded like metal upon metal was heard, and then everything went silent. One eye slowly opened, shortly followed by the other. The two Heartless were suspended in midair, frozen in their leap. Their arms and legs were sprawled out. Their eyes stared at Xena in their frozen position. Xena looked around wildly. The waves had stopped mid-crash, with tiny droplets of water motionless around it. A gull stopped during its flight, and palm trees were frozen, blowing in the wind.

Listening for any sound, she stood up cautiously. Nothing, the world was quiet.

“How did I do that?” She questioned. No answer came to her. A flash caught her attention in the corner of her eye. Where her harp had disappeared before it was regenerated. The sand crunched under her footsteps when she walked towards the harp. She picked it up tentatively. She flipped the harp over and studied it. Nothing had changed about it. Her eyes turned towards the Heartless. “Might as well,” She said, and the two Heatless vanished with a swing of her harp. The hole in the wall caught Xena’s eye again, and a mischievous smile came across her face. “Maybe this has some advantages…”

Five minutes later time was still frozen, Xena was grinning, the picture of the boy and the girl was ruined, and Kairi’s hair had fallen victim to an unfortunate haircut. Xena summoned a portal. Take me back, She thought. Her eyes stayed open while the familiar feelings of traveling overtook her.

Xena found herself in an unexpected surrounding. Tall buildings glittered in golden light all around her. The sun was just starting to set, which was what gave the light its color. She was standing on a brick road that wove throughout the town.

Following the path, Xena walked around the town, looking up at the buildings and shop signs the entire time. Reality started again when she walked into something solid and fell to the ground. Her hands scraped across the brick and started to sting. Suddenly, time started again. Sounds of people talking, the wind blowing, and footsteps filled the silence. Axel blinked and looked down to see Xena on the ground.

“When did you get here? Wait don’t answer that, I don’t care.” He offered her his hand. His eyebrows arched with the sight of her bloody palm, “You might want to do something about that.” He pulled her up and she wiped her hands on her knees.

“No, it’s nothing, I’m fine.”

Axel shrugged his shoulders, “Hey, want an ice cream? I’m just getting them and then I’m heading up to the clock tower with Roxas. You can come, if you want to.”

A smile worked its way across her face, “Yeah, that’d be great.”

“Cool,” He replied, and they walked towards the ice cream shop. “So how was the first mission, tediously boring?”

Xena laughed, “It was interesting.”

They bought the ice cream and headed towards the clock tower, unaware that they were being watched.

A girl retreated back into the shadows of the alleyways. She had seen all that she needed to see.

Last edited:

Traskix

Pie Equals Friendship in YO FACE!
Whhhhoa, first was like =O

then *gasp* with kairi

then HAHA XD when she got a bad haircut

and then *gasp again* at the ending lol

its getting good, i cant wait for more ^^

Aria

braver by the minute
Okay so this chapter was supposed to be a lot longer, but autoformat sucks so the rest of the chapter is screwed up. I'll post the next one maybe tonight or tomorrow, depends if my computer wants to cooperate

Chapter 9: Mission Report

“What is your mission report?” Xemnas and Xigbar sat alone in the meeting room.
“I found her passed out on the ground. I don’t think that’s the best thing for us.”

“Could she remember?”

“No, I think some of the memories are being blocked or something.”

“Would you care to explain?”

Xigbar shifted in his seat, “She can remember some things, but not others. She remembers she’s from someplace different, but not where. Something’s up with her. She can’t even remember her old name.”

Xemnas nodded, “I understand. Do you think the memories will come soon?”

“Not sure,” He thought for a moment, “They might come back in a month, or she might remember everything tomorrow. It’s a tricky situation.”

“Your missions will be in vain if you continue now. We shall wait until she can fully remember, and then resume.”

“She should go on missions with number XIII, teach her how to fight. Maybe she won’t be so useless until then.”

“Good, good. I just have one last question. What did he say to you?”
Xigbar looked up from under his hood and smiled, “The door has been opened.”

“What is your mission report?” A man, a boy and the girl sat in a small, dimly lit room. The man turned to the girl and said, “Go on, you first.”

She looked at her feet, “I don’t like spying.”

The man sighed and rolled his eyes, “That was not the question I asked you.”

“She’s learning fast, very fast.” The girl left out the part about Xena appearing out of nowhere.

“Can she talk?”

“Yep.”

“Did she see you?”

“Nope.”

The man didn’t inquire more. He would get the full story soon enough. Instead, he turned his attention to the boy, “And you? What did you find out?”

“She caused a whole lot of crap on the island. I felt like a maid cleaning it all up.”

Flames danced in the eyes of the man, “Is it too much to ask for a complete story here?” He slammed a fist against the wall, “No matter, no matter. What were her instructions to you when she asked for this?”

Silence came down upon the cramped room, until the girl said, “She told us not to interfere after it was done. She wanted to finish it herself.”

Still not satisfied, but deeply annoyed, the man gave up. His shoulders slouched and he let out a sigh, “Go, I have no more questions for you two.”

The boy and the girl walked out of the room together. The boy placed his hand on the girl’s shoulder. They walked down the hallway together, their footsteps making the only sound.

He waited until they were out of earshot to talk. “You did what you needed to," He said to her.

She nodded, “Yes, it’s for the best.” It was the third lie she had spoken that day.

Zero

Sergeant RoxMog
Nice Chapters but they are kinda confusing but you will explain them in later Chapters.

Reverie

Bronze Member
Awards
Another interesting chapter from you. It's quite mysterious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back