• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The final battle is BS.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Samhain

Bronze Member
With Xemnas because of another glitch in KH2.5

Because of this huge glitch because reversal doesn't work you will die in 30 seconds playing critical mode. Complete crap.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
lol this should have been posted in "how are you enjoying it?"

Samhain

Bronze Member
Yeah but sometimes when i heal he immediately does that shit so i can't use session

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Yeah but sometimes when i heal he immediately does that shit so i can't use session

Then you need to learn his pattern because that is really the only way you're going to win this battle in Critical. He starts with the massive thorn chain first, then after he finishes them and you push his HP past a certain threshold, he'll use the single blast of thorns (which you can just dodge normally and not use the RC) or start his big energy blasts (which you can just dodge and use to get close to Xemnas and hit him a few times). He'll then start his basic laser attacks which can be blocked.

After the lasers are done, he'll use the big thorns again and cycle between those again. At any point in the battle he'll try and grab you to throw you into the thorn chain again which can be dodged, but for the most part he has a basic attack pattern which is how you time when you Limits & heal/use items.

Make sure your items are AT stocked with ethers or any healing items to avoid losing HP/MP.

It is really not that big of an issue. Irritating, yes, but manageable.

WaveK89

Bad reversal glitch? I'll admit to not being a great player, but is this why I had trouble with Twilight Thorn and Xemnas in 2.5? Something seemed off when trying to fight these bosses though it had been quite a while since I played KH2. I don't mean to sidestep the discussion, but I was just wondering. :p

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Bad reversal glitch? I'll admit to not being a great player, but is this why I had trouble with Twilight Thorn and Xemnas in 2.5? Something seemed off when trying to fight these bosses though it had been quite a while since I played KH2. I don't mean to sidestep the discussion, but I was just wondering. :p

Yes, the RC has a low rate of success in 2.5 except when using it against Dusks. Who knows how they broke it, but they did and so it's more of a gamble to try and use it. It will either not appear at all, or you'll RC right into a thorn blast or you get lucky and it works.

kuraudoVII

D'oh, I missed!
Awards

Funny you guys mention that. It actually got me killed once during my very first battle against Roxas.

Cosmic+Amarna

Phantom Gigaplex
I've only done one KHIIFM play thru so far and I don't remember having any problems with Roxas, oh but against Xemnas, I experience this quite often. I read in a thread on Game FAQS forums that this problem existed in the original vanilla version. Does anybody here know if that is true? Either way it's really lame but there are ways around it.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I've only done one KHIIFM play thru so far and I don't remember having any problems with Roxas, oh but against Xemnas, I experience this quite often. I read in a thread on Game FAQS forums that this problem existed in the original vanilla version. Does anybody here know if that is true? Either way it's really lame but there are ways around it.

Never had this issue in the original. The RC had 100% success rate of dodging Xemnas' attacks. If it had been in the original game, there wouldn't be this kind of complaining.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Yes, the RC has a low rate of success in 2.5 except when using it against Dusks. Who knows how they broke it, but they did and so it's more of a gamble to try and use it. It will either not appear at all, or you'll RC right into a thorn blast or you get lucky and it works.

when i fought twilight thorn i thought my timing just sucked lol.

Blackdrazon

Vulpes Chronicler
Awards
I have seen the original miss against Xemnas every once and a while, yeah. I haven't gotten to Xemnas in FM+ to compare, so that's all I can say.

On the other hand, when I was fighting the Twilight Thorn in FM+, dodging went perfectly?

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
I just fought Final Xemnas yesterday and I couldn't see any "glitch" at all.
The Reaction Command only works on white/grey thorns, not on black ones, that wasn't different in the original version of KH 2 either.
Black thorns have to be dodged normally, or if you are in the air, you have just to let yourself fall down.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
The Reaction Command only works on white/grey thorns, not on black ones, that wasn't different in the original version of KH 2 either.
Black thorns have to be dodged normally, or if you are in the air, you have just to let yourself fall down.

The problem is that the RC doesn't show up or RC's you right into the black thorns whereas that didn't happen before. Even speed runners have been complaining, and they would certainly know when a fight changes since they practice them constantly.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
The problem is that the RC doesn't show up or RC's you right into the black thorns whereas that didn't happen before. Even speed runners have been complaining, and they would certainly know when a fight changes since they practice them constantly.

It's certainly weird then as I didn't lose any health during the throw-and-thorn-shooting sequence when doing the battle yesterday on proud difficulty. Maybe it was just plain luck?
Then again though, I haven't experienced any of the glitches brought forward so far in my playthrough with my copy of HD 2.5.

Anagram

Banned
The only glitch I had was the start. That move were Xemnas throws you into the air and you have to hit triangle to dodge it all. The triangle icon appears but no matter how much I push it it doesn't input.
It never fails to glitch there.

Cosmic+Amarna

Phantom Gigaplex
I actually just did like 6 or 7 Reversals on the black thorns.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
after playing for myself, i can confirm the battle was as shit. after reversal, follow-up with a dodge roll for black thorns and most importantly; don't stop moving. this was critical mode also so i can't really say why the battle was difficult for you and cake for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back