• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► The Fan-Fic Writer's Moving Sidewalk

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Passion

Silver Member
Awards
Essentially (as vague as it may sound), this thread is just to discuss anything pertaining to fanfiction. It could be about projects that you, or others, are currently working on. If you need help, inspiration, or research then just come in here and ask around. Its just to facilitate the section and whatnot.

tl;dr: talk about fanfiction.

OH and if you're seeking reviews, the best I can think of is to ASK people and VM them. I had to do that SO much when I was first starting out on this site. Plus, find a beta reader. It always helps to have someone helping you on hand. Also, put up a link to your fanfic in your sig. That always helps. If you're looking for an IN DEPTH REVIEW go check out the Critique Request thread! There's a link to it in my signature.

Ðari

Look at you, armor-less
Staff member
Awards
Currently working on a fanfiction for the role play Solace in Night. :T its been the member, Piercing Light's brainchild for whats pushed for about three years now. I've been researching all of the threads for the roleplays and have put my personal touch of filling in the holes. So far I've only written a prologue and two chapters, but it'll be broken up into I think at least 3 parts ( depends).

King Sora X

Legendary Member
Awards
Through some unexpected events, I've decided to continue my Mortal Kombat-Naruto, AU crossover fic. Probably not of any interest to some of yall, but who knows, right? :D

Shogo-Kun

Awards
I'll post my link to my Tumblr post about my ideas for a Sonic movie fanfiction and see what you guys think. I haven't wrote anything yet, cause I'm looking for some feedback and to bounce some ideas around.

Check it!

Awards
Hmm... how do you start a story where some characters enter another world...just for a tour.

I got an MLP/Neopets crossover idea in mind. Simply put, the Mane Six tour Neopia, with my Neopets (in the account nightelf_37) as tour guides.

Krookodile553

I am thinking of writing a mix between Pokemon, and DXW.

Basically, instead of Digimon, there will be Pokemon. I'll probably wait for X and Y to come out before I finalize it though.

I already have ideas for which Pokemon to debut in the first three episodes.

(Digimon = Pokemon)
Shoutmon = Victini?
Ballistamon = Loudred or Heracross
Cutemon = Jigglypuff
Dorulumon = SHINY Luxray
Starmon = Staryu
Pickmons = Magnemite?
Greymon =Blue Krookodile with orange stripes
MailBirdramon = Blue Skarmory with silver wings
MadLeomon = )Shadow( Entei
Orochimon = SHINY Hydreigon
Monitormons = Porygon

That's all I can think of, subject to change!

Awards
I am thinking of writing a mix between Pokemon, and DXW.

Basically, instead of Digimon, there will be Pokemon. I'll probably wait for X and Y to come out before I finalize it though.

I already have ideas for which Pokemon to debut in the first three episodes.

(Digimon = Pokemon)
Shoutmon = Victini?
Ballistamon = Loudred or Heracross
Cutemon = Jigglypuff
Dorulumon = SHINY Luxray
Starmon = Staryu
Pickmons = Magnemite?
Greymon =Blue Krookodile with orange stripes
MailBirdramon = Blue Skarmory with silver wings
MadLeomon = )Shadow( Entei
Orochimon = SHINY Hydreigon
Monitormons = Porygon

That's all I can think of, subject to change!

What?! I can't believe you!! :trollface:

Annoyance

Silver Member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I personally am not too fond of crossovers and all...

Is this just a kind of "why not" situation? Like if I were to ask you, why not just write a Pokemon fanfic, not go by the guidelines of another show?

Annoyance

Silver Member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I wonder what you have against crossovers, not that I'm offended.

A couple reasons.
1. It's already confining to stick to one universe, but to work with the rules of two can get incredibly messy. Same goes with characters. You have to stay in character for double the amount of people now and that gets hard, especially with mirrors/similar characters that you still should differentiate between and how they would interact. I know the idea is to see how they would all respond to the others' world or the others in general, but it just gets very messy and hard to keep in order.
2. Everything seems forced. Some things of course work better than others, [For example, Doctor Who, which travels across time and other universes] but most of the time it doesn't.
3. Most of the time it doesn't make any sense and is only funny to the author.

Write what you like of course, but there's just that element of trapping yourself with this stuff. It makes it harder on you.

Last edited:
Awards
Not a reply to Annoyance, who thankfully…isn't.

I'm hoping for some help on writing a Neopets/MLP crossover. I already got the basic plot; the Mane Six take a tour the place. The problem is on how to start. One scene is where Neopia's rulers confer together before Celestia is introduced. Then, there's a part where Luna introduces herself to the audience, then begins to explain Equestria to the Neopets (not humans).

Annoyance

Silver Member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Not a reply to Annoyance, who thankfully…isn't.

I'm hoping for some help on writing a Neopets/MLP crossover. I already got the basic plot; the Mane Six take a tour the place. The problem is on how to start. One scene is where Neopia's rulers confer together before Celestia is introduced. Then, there's a part where Luna introduces herself to the audience, then begins to explain Equestria to the Neopets (not humans).
You probably need a conflict there or some reason for the other to go to the other world. Usually in MLP when the 6 are going somewhere, or whatever, they're told by Celestia and she's usually like, "hey we need the elements of harmony to help with this thing".

MLP is a good thing to write with because the characters show their traits very well, you can solve the problems using those traits.

Awards
You probably need a conflict there or some reason for the other to go to the other world. Usually in MLP when the 6 are going somewhere, or whatever, they're told by Celestia and she's usually like, "hey we need the elements of harmony to help with this thing".

MLP is a good thing to write with because the characters show their traits very well, you can solve the problems using those traits.

Now that's a little problem. I don't want to conflict TOO MUCH on Neopets canon, and I'm hard-pressed in finding a good villain.

On an unrelated note, in an Adventure Time setting, how would a bad guy force Finn to make a sadistic choice between saving Princess Bubblegum or Flame Princess?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back