• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► The Fan-Fic Writer's Moving Sidewalk

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Annoyance

Silver Member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
You aren't supposed to, you work your story how you want, but comments usually are just about what was written, and maybe theories or whatever. Doesn't mean you should. Generally it's good to have an outline of what you want to happen rather than going a chapter at a time and seeing what happens. If people get mad at you for something that happened and didn't go their way, they aren't really helpful to begin with.

Awards
I meant, dojo, my bad. Also, I get nervous on comments. I don't really work my story based on how others want me to.

Even if commenters give suggestions, it's up to you as the author whether or not you take them. Some suggestions, like fixing grammar or something, wouldn't change a story at its core and are only given to help. If a suggestion given contradicts what you have planned for a story, though, it makes sense if you can't follow it really.

So, no need to be scared to post it here, I think.

ChronicHappiness

Oh goodness gracious! I'm/We're honored! Hah.

I have a question to you all: What made you decide to write fanfics?

Well, life. The fact stories feel so real, and imagination only serves to be the true crossover of fiction and reality.

I had started writing fanfiction in middle school (8th grade, I believe?), and I've been polishing my skills ever since. How long it's been - six years?

Kingdom Hearts had been my first ever fandom (into writing). The Naruto fandom (and its atrocious SasukexOC stories) served as my gateway fandom into reading fanfiction. Although I've migrated through fandoms (Kingdom Hearts, Naruto, Final Fantasy X-2, Persona 3, etc), my main has always been Square Enix oriented games.

Right now Baralai (FFX-2) is my obsessive muse, but Riku (KH) had earned the honorary title of inspiring this long-running (kind of on hiatus) series of attempted novelizations including the professionally crafted OCs. I'm inclined on writing my Do You Accept It? series while playing KH: DDD.

Er, so yeah. Little rambling there. XD

(I'm also conspiring to include a KH!Baralai into my Dream Drop Distance arc. Yes. It's gonna be awesome. Priest Baralai in La Cite des Cloches? The Crimson Crusader in the Country of Musketeers [him as a red mage]? Baralai the future and last remaining Xehanort incarnation? Who would have thunk! ;3)

Full of creative juices. Don't know where to put them.

Annoyance

Silver Member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Guess who has two thumbs and a basic outline and feel for a FFIX fanfic?

[pssst it's me.]

I actually have a beginning middle and end holy shit.

There are going to be a lot of parallels and it's an AU but

yeah.

Annoyance

Silver Member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Been a while since I last saw you, Annoyance.
Heh didn't mean for that to happen, I've just been so busy. But, I'm hoping with this AU I'll start getting something going. It's definitely not going to be done like... probably until like December because of how busy I am but, hey.

Annoyance

Silver Member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
AU? What Alternate Universe are you making?

Something more of the usual "real world" sort of things. Zidane still is a deliquent with a heart of gold kinda thing, of course, Garnet's rich and wants to run away (if you played p4 she'll pre much be yukiko's kinda thing...) And then adventure happens. Some parallels, fitting in stuff, etc. It's still in organization and little blips are being written for now but it iiiis being worked on.

It's basically nothing special but I want to do it regardless.

Awards
Something more of the usual "real world" sort of things. Zidane still is a deliquent with a heart of gold kinda thing, of course, Garnet's rich and wants to run away (if you played p4 she'll pre much be yukiko's kinda thing...) And then adventure happens. Some parallels, fitting in stuff, etc. It's still in organization and little blips are being written for now but it iiiis being worked on.

It's basically nothing special but I want to do it regardless.

Okay. Lost interest as I don't play FFX due to lack of a PS2 or PS3 or whatever you need to play the game. Then again, I like Kingdom Hearts despite only playing CoM and BBS. And Team Fortress 2 in spite of not playing it at all.

Annoyance

Silver Member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
FFIX is a ps1 game and ps2s are 20 dollars these days. I'm not sure about PS1, but the ps2 in my opinion is the best console (fat ones anyways) and hey, you can play the other KH games.

If you have a psp, ffix is 10 dollars on psn.

Final Fantasy IX is not only my favorite FF game; it's my favorite game.

Last edited:
Awards
FFIX is a ps1 game and ps2s are 20 dollars these days. I'm not sure about PS1, but the ps2 in my opinion is the best console (fat ones anyways) and hey, you can play the other KH games.

If you have a psp, ffix is 10 dollars on psn.

Final Fantasy IX is not only my favorite FF game; it's my favorite game.

Whoops. Got the name wrong.

Awards
But it is not worth a fanfiction and Yuna and Tidus are not as perf as Garnet and Zidane.
I LOVE THEM SO MUCH YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND ASLDKJF

While I only played Crisis Core, I like FFVII (first of the Compilation Crisis is part of) and VIII, if only because that's what I saw my cousin play when I was still in grade school. And because the number six appeals to me (in VIII's case).

Annoyance

Silver Member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
While I only played Crisis Core, I like FFVII (first of the Compilation Crisis is part of) and VIII, if only because that's what I saw my cousin play when I was still in grade school. And because the number six appeals to me (in VIII's case).
IX is better than all of those things and the characters make me want to just keep writing lovely stories of them being adorable.

I'm actually getting a commission from the member meirge irl of Zidane and Dagger. It will be wonderful.

Izayoi

galactic cancer
I was thinking the other day, that one of the best and worst things that ever happened to me was writing 15+ characters at the same time while trying to give them equal spotlight.

When I go and look back at The Org, I get really paranoid because of obvious grammar mistakes and messy writing that was rushed at the time, but I also realize that I actually managed to maintain the personalities of some characters like I always wanted. Like, how does that even happen? It actually gets really exciting to try to make sure everyone pops in their own way; it's like evidence that you wrote a character as a unique individual because you have a load of others next to them.

However, it also made it kind of hard to write less than five in the next story I wrote. I mean I'm getting better, and it's much easier to write motivations and psychologies when it's just one character being narrated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back