• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► The Fan-Fic Writer's Moving Sidewalk

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Annoyance

Silver Member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I know that my fanfic only got the attention it did because 1. I was spamming friends to leave a review more than a couple words. 2. I have nice friends. 3. I was writing a very popular pairing and I wasn't a fucking retard about it.
It's all luck and who you're showing it to.

ScorpioGirl1987

lol All right. I hear ya.

Just out of curiosity, what applies to "Thinking outside the box" with Kingdom Hearts? And where do you draw the line?

Evello

The Radiant Hero
Awards
lol All right. I hear ya.

Just out of curiosity, what applies to "Thinking outside the box" with Kingdom Hearts? And where do you draw the line?
When I said "out of the box" I meant something really crazy like Sora dies on page one. Or a story told from the view of an odd character like Chip and Dale or a Heartless. Or a really gory, dark version of the series (I just read through something like that). Something that stands out a lot. Again, I'm not saying everybody should try to write these. You should write whatever story you want to write, I'm just saying these kinds of stories attract attention a little bit quicker because they catch a reader's attention immediately.

I don't think there really is a boundary of creativity. The limit is just whatever people are willing to read.

Last edited:

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
Since I can't figure out which one is the right place to ask for advice I'll post it here. It's a really simple question really.

Can someone explain how to do a one shot? Like what are the rules to it? How long can it be? Can it have only one chapter or two or three? (I'm shooting for just one but depending on how it goes it may have one extra chapter). Any advice would be useful.

Annoyance

Silver Member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
A one shot is just a story with one chapter. There really isn't a RULE on the length. You don't HAVE to write a one shot, you don't HAVE to do anything.

Just go with whatever makes you feel comfortable.

Awards
She's right. Just go with whatever you like. Practice makes perfect after all. Then again, nobody's perfect, so why practice? Oh, wait. That came out wrong.

To Annoyance: Your avatar of Vriska looks real hot, not that anybody cares.

King Wolfe

Basically... Run
Awards
When considering the accuracy of canon-based couples would it be unjust to completely derail a character's personality to adjust how the relationship blossom with another. By derail I mean a complete 180, to the point where the personality no longer resembles the original character.

When adhering to the parameters as defined by the canon how can one avoid concentrating on one personality trait a character has and insist that it is the only one there. For example someone has a tsundere character, it has illustrate this tsundereness by having the character express dismay on one's actions then become shy and docile almost immediately when approached; but later on it no longer focuses on the rather volatile part of that character and instead focuses more on the reserved aspect of her personality.

Annoyance

Silver Member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I hope you get a serious proof reader, dude... *story
Anywhossle, why don't you give us an idea of what you have in mind and then we'll suggest things from there. You can't really ask us to write an ending for you.

OathkeeperRoxas XIII

Silver Member
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Well, Ariel's world i have the idea of Kairi, Terra, Ven, Namine, Xion, Donald, and Goofy switching between their land and sea forms and took out Swim this way and replace it with songs for Kairi, Namine Ven, Xion, and Roxas. Urusla's cillain song is added and I explained the memoory loss from KH1-COM/Days. I use Hakuna Matada and Can you feel the love tonight and the imfamous hula dance. I add Scar's real death after the boss battle. But Agrebah and Port Royal are tough to do do, so what from the movies can I add to make KH2 better

Realm Walker

If you were speaking of Hakuna Matata, Can You Feel The Love Tonight and the hula dance, I think he meant that they would be used in Pride Lands.

OathkeeperRoxas XIII

Silver Member
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Well I like the other songs and I like KH2 of Ariel's world, so I want to use songs in my stories. I like music, and other writers done it too. Look up a story called Reconnect: Kingdom Hearts. and some people say some music was missing from of the worlds, so that's why.

Annoyance

Silver Member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Personally I hate when lyrics or singing is implemented into writing unless it was written for the story or something of the sort.
Otherwise it's just HEY I FELT LIKE PLAYING THIS SONG.

Izayoi

galactic cancer
I agree it always feel awkward, often times just because of the medium, even if it is written well. It's not like you can have background song or anything, because it's writing, not completely visual.

Annoyance

Silver Member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Oh my god, DUDE. GET SOME CONFIDENCE IN YOURSELF. :I

I was stating an opinion, this is a forum, that happens. You really need to stop turning into a puddle when someone has a different opinion than you.

You can write whatever you want but you just need to find something that makes you comfortable to write while still having quality, that way everyone's happy. What I was saying is that as long as the songs have substance to the story rather than RANDOM SONG TIME, it's okay to me. It doesn't even matter if the theme of the chapter or something is related to the song. It just seems awkward writing them in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back