• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► The Fan-Fic Writer's Moving Sidewalk

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

HeartOfTheHero

i started writing fanfics as a joke between me and one of my friends, and since then it's kind of spiraled out of control, lol
i would like to eventually go back to writing just plain fiction, but fanfiction is fun because a lot of the characters are already developed and have personalities, which makes it easier for me because i don't like having to come up with a bunch of original characters all by myself

Zero

Sergeant RoxMog
I made a Fanfic and its called Chosen and I was wondering if anyone would want to read it?

whiskeyii

This...might not be the right place to ask this, but is there a place on this forum where I can request a beta reader? I'm a little new to the forum section (you know the drill: long time lurker, few time poster).

Hypertech

Awards
Behind the truck in the world that never was.
I have written afew fan-fics, but most of the time I have great ideas in my head, but never get time to use them. I hope to use most of my ideas in one story now. (My Fatal Memory story- it's just started (only one chapter and a prologue), but it should be good).

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Lol. I wrote fiction before fanfiction. I found that making my own characters would make me base the men off of old boyfriends/crushes/annoyances and I actually wanted to shove them aside. Then I found the joys of making characters in a series bend to my will. But I can't finish anything. Ever. Never finished a fanfic. Never finished a fiction story...(and my goal is to write my first book and have it published before my 21st birthday? Mental I am.) But I uberly fail at writing unless I am pissed or in the zone.

I have already almost given up on NaNoWriMo but because one of my best friends intends on killing me if I don't finish my story...I kinda have to write it.

Andillexe

I've written a couple of fanfictions, and I'm working on the third. There's also a few fiction stories bouncing around in my head, but I never get a chance to actually write them down.

This...might not be the right place to ask this, but is there a place on this forum where I can request a beta reader? I'm a little new to the forum section (you know the drill: long time lurker, few time poster).

The actual beta reader thread got deleted due to inactivity, but I'll beta read it for you. =3 Just pm it.

Last edited:

Evello

The Radiant Hero
Awards
Hey, I finally got around to writing a KH fanfic here. The only other fanfic I've written is a Fire Emblem one, so I'm relatively new to fanfiction.

I don't really see much of a difference between fanfics and normal fiction (which is what I typically write). I like writing fanfics a tad more because my fanfics are almost like puzzles. It's fun trying to make my fanfics (which usually paralell their source from a different point of view) fit with the source, while inventing new and interesting characters. However writing fanfics is considered super-nerdy, so writing normal fiction is slightly more rewarding in the end for me.

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
My fisrt post in our new discussion thread! Hell yeah, tons of fanfic talking fun awaits!

I started writing fanfics to start letting out everything I always thought would make a series more epic, or an AU that I think would be cool to throw out there.

A

Azrael

Do the majority of the readers that come in the Fanfiction forum only read the Kingdom Hearts fanfics?

Apparently although is it me or that a lot more attention been devoted to original writing?

It's not really much to Kingdom Hearts. Some elements are there but it's in a different setting.

Evello

The Radiant Hero
Awards
Eh, my KH fanfic hasn't garnered much attention either (I bet 1/3 of its views are me reading it over again and again and finding every stupid little mistake). I know you read it, though, Azrael. I think the wall of text is a bit intimidating for some people... Anyway, I think KH fics usually get more attention because EVERYONE here knows about KH. Not everyone knows about Power Rangers, or whatever else is here.

I'll try to read through you guys' stories in the next day or so, but what kind of critiques do you want? I'm sorta new here, and on the other forum I'm a member of it's normal to basically dissect each post and comment on recurring errors, blatant mistakes, and other big problems; but I haven't seen much of that here. Do you guys want grammar critiques or just more broad plot-line critiques?

madammina

Notorious White Mage Captainess
For HCTB I want everything. I know I have some grammar issues that I have to work on (and if I'm using something in argument, I'll say so and ask people not to argue about it. Or if it's pre me playing 358 and involves the Org.)

But I want the whole shebang. Others, not so much.

Others are just happy with a "SO KAWAII!" ugh.

Aria

braver by the minute
Well I started writing a fanfic because I can never finish a story. I get to caught up in the characters and forget what I'm supposed to be writing, so I figured it would be easier to write a fanfic(which is more plot driven) just so I can actually finish something.

Crimson Jazz

You ain't got no YEEZY!?!
I'll try to read through you guys' stories in the next day or so, but what kind of critiques do you want? I'm sorta new here, and on the other forum I'm a member of it's normal to basically dissect each post and comment on recurring errors, blatant mistakes, and other big problems; but I haven't seen much of that here. Do you guys want grammar critiques or just more broad plot-line critiques?

I'll take whatever kind of critiques you can throw at me. I'm always trying to improve my stories, whether it be plot-related or grammar-related.

Datomix

Awards
Website
s14.invisionfree.com
I don't think that i have ever completed a fan-fiction. So far, I've written 3,a kh one canceled (Though elements of the unreleased plot will be in my newest fic), a FFX2 one canceled (But I'm writing another chapter, so the story will at least have an appropriate ending, but i'm hoping people will like it enough to continue it, though I doubt it), and my newest fic, which the second chapter of was released last night.

But yeah, I love writing, more than I used to, Originally I just did it cuz I was semi-interested and a friend convinced me to, but now I love it, though I kinda prefer Song/Poetry to Fics/Novels, but yeah here's a link to my story, I really want some good constructive criticism.

http://forums.khinsider.com/fanfiction/129383-divine-assassin.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back