• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► The Fan-Fic Writer's Moving Sidewalk

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Snow

Stain me Red with Blood
I also need criticism on all my fics. Particularly my new one XD

What I find is that most stories that have more popularity are written by popular writers, like Bel, regardless of the theme.

So keep writing and you'll probably reach the popular group XD I'm aiming for that!

Evello

The Radiant Hero
Awards
I also need criticism on all my fics. Particularly my new one XD

What I find is that most stories that have more popularity are written by popular writers, like Bel, regardless of the theme.

So keep writing and you'll probably reach the popular group XD I'm aiming for that!
I'll look yours over right now. You're talking about the Pariah Sect, right? I read the first chapter a bit ago, and it seemed really good.

And yeah, it seems like popular writers get most of the attention. I'm struggling to find readers for my story, Kingdom Hearts D, too. Of course, the fact that I'm fairly new here and haven't updated in a week doesn't help anything. It just so happened that as soon as I started getting into my story, my teachers decided to start loading on homework.

A

Audo

So, just want to say that I think people doing their dialogue/story in "script" format is rather lazy.

CHARACTERNAME: DIALOGUE

I mean. It can't even really be called "script format" because that's nothing like what real scripts are like.

Evello

The Radiant Hero
Awards
So, just want to say that I think people doing their dialogue/story in "script" format is rather lazy.

CHARACTERNAME: DIALOGUE

I mean. It can't even really be called "script format" because that's nothing like what real scripts are like.
Me: I agree completely

"Script-fics" are also a lot less interesting to read than normal prose stories. With no transitions between dialogue and action, it is much more difficult to imagine what is happening. There is virtually no way to say that a character does something WHILE they talk. And nobody stops what they're doing to talk, so it seems much less realistic.

That's my opinion anyway.

NeoEevee

GAAAAH.

I need to get inspired to write my Digimon/FMA/Hellsing crossover. But I CAN'T. >.< I want to get started on the sequel to the sequel to that story. I want to write about Kairi and Namine taking about fifty-six levels in badass and duking it out several hundred in the skies over London with giant laser beams! And Demyx getting befriended by Vivio... And Xion coming back from the dead (sort of) with a bunch of Digimon. And Nanoha reenacting her befriending of Quattro with Zexion.

Exvind

Somewhere on the planet Earth. Hope that helps.
I'm wondering, in this thread, is in inappropriate to plug my own story simply because I crave critique? I've been told I'm good, but really I'm not so sure, so...just wondering if that is selfish/egotistic or not.

The story in question is titled "Splintered Heart", so, yeah. I really want feedback on all sorts, because I'm always looking to improve. Right. Well. That's my blerb. I'll shut up now.

Nyangoro

Break the Spell
Awards
^ Hmmm, I could look over it for you over. I'll give you a short critique of the first chapter a little later.

Evello

The Radiant Hero
Awards
I'm wondering, in this thread, is in inappropriate to plug my own story simply because I crave critique? I've been told I'm good, but really I'm not so sure, so...just wondering if that is selfish/egotistic or not.

The story in question is titled "Splintered Heart", so, yeah. I really want feedback on all sorts, because I'm always looking to improve. Right. Well. That's my blerb. I'll shut up now.
No, it's not selfish at all. If you look over the last few pages you'll see that a lot of people ask for critiques here.

And I stand by what I said before: Splintered Heart is probably the best written fanfiction I've read on this site so far. You character is very believable, and your grammar is pretty much flawless. I eagerly look forward to more (not to rush you, take your time).

Evello

The Radiant Hero
Awards
Hey, if someone has a lot of time on their hands, and could critique my story, Kingdom Hearts D, I would be extremely grateful. It's a bit long (more than 2200 words total), but even a review of a chapter or two would be great. Thanks!

There's a link in my sig, or the story is currently at the top of the second page of topics. Again, thanks to anyone who can help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back