• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► The Fan-Fic Writer's Moving Sidewalk

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nyangoro

Break the Spell
Awards
So . . . do you want suggestions, or do you just want to tell people what you don't want them to suggest?

Also, why couldn't this be handled in the related thread?

Annoyance

Silver Member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
[Warning. I just woke up. I'm cranky and make no sense but my argument still stands.]

I hate using this phrase but I literally facepalmed. Keyblade Seeker, I said use a couple examples. Like 10.
You made absolutely no sense and now you're just using this thread as a storage for your list. You have word documents for this shit. You didn't need to type them all.
1. You could have used the spoiler tags. [.spoiler=THIS IS A bonkING LONG LIST GUYS]BLUH JUST GET RID OF THE PERIOD.[/SPOILER]
2. You could have been more specific.
3. Have you even posted a single fanfic yet? No one even knows what kind of fanfic you're going to produce with this stuff nor who youa re or anything.
4. You could have just said "don't suggest these." though I think your list is a bit picky in my opinion, and just left it at that and people would help suggest things for you. Instead you went through and typed out what seems like any and every single thing that matches your criteria leaving no room for discussion or suggestion.
5. Also bonk you a My Little Pony Kingdom Hearts world would be awesome. :I
6. ...Do you really have authority to tell people how to reply? It doesn't change anything. You really can't read if people are talking to you without posting through the advanced options. Fuck.

Awards
To: Annoyance

Okay. I'm sorry. I didn't know how to put in the spoiler thing. And I have posted a fanfic. In my FanFiction.Net account. I guess I should post them here, right? I'll edit my post straight away.

To: Nevermore

Both, I guess. "Annoyance" suggested I post my list here. I know it's my fault more than it is hers.

Annoyance

Silver Member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Keyblade, please use our multiquote option. Don't double post, please. I'm merging your posts in a second.

And yes, I mean post them here, dude. I can't allow you to just post them in a thread and call it quits. That's also against our advertising policy. If you want to advertise for them, put it in your sig but NOTHING ELSE.

I'm not punishing you so don't beat yourself up yet but this is all just verbal warnings.

You can do a multi-quote post, by the way, by clicking the "quote" bubble with the plus sign under each post on the bottom right. You can click multiple ones and then click "post reply" at the bottom.

Annoyance

Silver Member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Perhaps I could post a thread like the post I ended up doing, but without the big 'limiting' list, just so other fanfic writes can get their ideas?

Kiiiinda what this thread is for, dude.
You kind of already did.

For example, I sparked the idea of a My Little Pony Kingdom Hearts spinoff which, in my opinion, would probably be really fun for someone to write and for me to read. I love My Little Pony and it'd be awesome.

The 14th Order

I remember shortly after KH 2 came out... I had planned out a fanfic for a 14th member to the organization. It fit in perfect with the canon at the time being. I'd finish it up, but the whole Xion thing... kinda bonked it up. bonking dammit, I loved the sh!!t out of that concept. I feel as if it would be difficult to redo it now with the whole 14th member being taken by Xion (which is a shame, I fell in love with XIV roman numeral). I feel even if I made him the 15th, it wouldn't work. For all we know the Mysterious Figure could be XV. Ah, Nomura...

I guess there's always XVI...

Izayoi

galactic cancer
If you think it was a good, well-written story, and fit into the canon well, there's no reason you can't try writing the original. Nothing's stopping you from just saying "hey i came up with this before we knew about xion" and having fun. It's not like everyone who reads it is going to come up and accuse you of plagiarism or something. It's fanfiction; don't feel inclined to make it so canon since it never will be. <:

Awards
Kiiiinda what this thread is for, dude.
You kind of already did.

For example, I sparked the idea of a My Little Pony Kingdom Hearts spinoff which, in my opinion, would probably be really fun for someone to write and for me to read. I love My Little Pony and it'd be awesome.

*sigh* Already this topic has been 'finished'. THis is why I wanted to make a thread, so the ideas wouldn't be lost in this sidewalk. Guess it's back to the drawing board.

Annoyance

Silver Member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
*sigh* Already this topic has been 'finished'. THis is why I wanted to make a thread, so the ideas wouldn't be lost in this sidewalk. Guess it's back to the drawing board.

Dude, topics change, there's nothing I can do about it. I prefer for the list to be in here. There are people who come in and check the last posts, maybe they'll see yours.
You're still new and still need to learn how to continue a conversation online. That's all I'm going to say though.

Awards
Dude, topics change, there's nothing I can do about it. I prefer for the list to be in here. There are people who come in and check the last posts, maybe they'll see yours.
You're still new and still need to learn how to continue a conversation online. That's all I'm going to say though.

Yeah… That's my problem. I'm still a newbie when it comes to busy forums.

Evello

The Radiant Hero
Awards
I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, but....

This is my favorite fanfic I came up with, but it's not gaining the popularity I'm hoping for. Can someone please tell me what I did wrong?

Here's the fic:

Kingdom Hearts: Secrecies Of The Heart, a kingdom hearts fanfic - FanFiction.Net
First off, you're not very far into the story. You can't expect people to swarm to a story that's only one chapter in. The first chapter isn't all that eventful either, so there's not really any reason for people to get too excited over it yet. When you're five chapters in and there's some actual action going on you might get a bit more of a response. Plus, the more often you add chapters the longer your story spends near the top of the list where it will get seen.

Next off, so far the story seems very normal. That's not entirely bad, since normal stories can be very good, but if you really want to attract a lot more attention immediately, doing something totally out of the box is probably the best way to do it. Not saying you should make the story really weird just for attention, I'm just saying that it is a factor in reader response.

Finally, that's just luck. Sometimes people find your story, sometimes they don't. I don't think I've ever gotten more than one or two reviews on a story there, because I don't update often and I don't usually get very far into stories. It takes time. If you keep posting chapters and keep working on your story, people are bound to notice it eventually.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back