• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The faction leaders?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

kuroganexiii

Awards
ok when i looked at the faction leaders i started thinking and in that abandoned mansion in twiglight town it had statues in it that if im not mistaken are the same animals as the faction leaders i know for sure there was a unicorn statue. do you think that the faction leaders might play a role in either kingdom hearts III or the next saga. i know kingdom hearts X[chi] isn't canon but in its own description and if im not mistaken nomura's own words that kingdom hearts X[chi] isn't the true keyblade war it's a fairy tale story version of it or a legend. what im getting at is that even though most legends aren't complete truthful retellings of events their is some truth in them, so could some of the things that happen in this game true i.e. the faction leaders. the keyblade war was groups fighting over the light it was never said that all such groups were good only a few were protecting the light the others were just trying to take it for themselves. could some of these charecters make an apperance as part of the xiii darkness.

Joker'sHeartless

Awards
Re: the faction leaders?

Most of that seems very likely, especially the parts about the factions being some of the groups in question. Even though this is a fairy tale version of the Keyblade War, I doubt that there'd be any official confirmation of the link.

Plus, there's only 5 unions, so it doesn't really fit the 7 and 13 theme of the main canon.
I certainly don't think the faction leaders will show up in the Neo-OrgXII, or in KH3 at all unless Kairi or her grandmother decides to mention the story and it comes with some sort of flashback.

That thing with the statues seems really interesting and deserves some looking into. That would have been an extremely clever way to work in those "random" statue designs, if true. It would also explain why we were given such random animal mascots...

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Re: the faction leaders?

ok when i looked at the faction leaders i started thinking and in that abandoned mansion in twiglight town it had statues in it that if im not mistaken are the same animals as the faction leaders i know for sure there was a unicorn statue. do you think that the faction leaders might play a role in either kingdom hearts III or the next saga. i know kingdom hearts X[chi] isn't canon but in its own description and if im not mistaken nomura's own words that kingdom hearts X[chi] isn't the true keyblade war it's a fairy tale story version of it or a legend. what im getting at is that even though most legends aren't complete truthful retellings of events their is some truth in them, so could some of the things that happen in this game true i.e. the faction leaders. the keyblade war was groups fighting over the light it was never said that all such groups were good only a few were protecting the light the others were just trying to take it for themselves. could some of these charecters make an apperance as part of the xiii darkness.

The Keyblade War was fought between wielders of light, of darkness, for peace, for power, and those who were inevitably dragged into the chaos. As unified factions, they don't particularly work, especially considering that there were wielders who wanted Kingdom Hearts for themselves alone.

But I'm not counting out the possibility that we may see these characters appear in the main series at least as an Easter egg.

ShardofTruth

Unchained
Awards
Maybe there are more than five Unions, because Master Xehanort's keyblade also features an animal (chimera/dragon/goat?) and there is End of Pain from DDD which shows a bull. Maybe there is a deeper connection than just the keychain with the eye.

Joker'sHeartless

Awards
Maybe there are more than five Unions, because Master Xehanort's keyblade also features an animal (chimera/dragon/goat?) and there is End of Pain from DDD which shows a bull. Maybe there is a deeper connection than just the keychain with the eye.
Whoa, man. you're blowin' my mind.
Those keyblades do share a ton of semblance. It seems much more likely that they'll appear as cameos than I originally thought. Possibly something about MX's backstory about his lineage, since he wasn't around during the actual Keyblade War.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards

Even still, what would each faction represent in the overall scheme of things? I mean, there were pretty much 2 sides, those protecting the light and those wanting it for themselves. If there were even 5 factions, why would they be fighting against one another when clearly at least 2 of them would be on the same side?

ShardofTruth

Unchained
Awards
Even still, what would each faction represent in the overall scheme of things? I mean, there were pretty much 2 sides, those protecting the light and those wanting it for themselves. If there were even 5 factions, why would they be fighting against one another when clearly at least 2 of them would be on the same side?
That's the question isn't it?

Instead of defending the light together, each Union is trying to dominate the others, even though each Union's Foreteller warns the player about the "Seekers of darkness who are disguised as Guardians of light."
Whatever they're trying to achieve they use artificially created keyblades wielders (the players) to reach this goal. Artificial because Chirishii clearly states that the player's keyblade (Starlight) is incomplete and can only be used by drawing power from the cards (called "fragements" by him/her/it). You can also cleary see that the keyblade is incomplete when the keychain is changed to the known KH/KHBBS keyblades.

So the good guys haven't show up yet. At least that's my theory at the moment but because they're weren't more substantial story missions yet it could be outright wrong.

MasterKaze

Awards
That's the question isn't it?

Instead of defending the light together, each Union is trying to dominate the others, even though each Union's Foreteller warns the player about the "Seekers of darkness who are disguised as Guardians of light."
Whatever they're trying to achieve they use artificially created keyblades wielders (the players) to reach this goal. Artificial because Chirishii clearly states that the player's keyblade (Starlight) is incomplete and can only be used by drawing power from the cards (called "fragements" by him/her/it). You can also cleary see that the keyblade is incomplete when the keychain is changed to the known KH/KHBBS keyblades.

So the good guys haven't show up yet. At least that's my theory at the moment but because they're weren't more substantial story missions yet it could be outright wrong.
Perhaps WE aren't even playing as the good guys.

Think about it. The only goal given to us was to protect the light (lux), which we get from defeating Heartless. However, as players, we are instead obsessed with gathering lux for ourselves, for self gain. Ask yourself, why are you desperately collecting as much lux as you can? To protect it? Or to reap the benefits?

By collecting lux, you can gain power. You earn rewards at certain milestone points, which give you an advantage. You aim to collect more lux than others, desiring to have a high enough rank to earn exclusive benefits, which will allow you to maintain your position, and defeat others. You are given the ultimate reward for placing well: more powerful cards.

It is this quest power that fuels us to continue, not any noble desire to help. We are selfish, looking to hog as much light for ourselves in a desperate attempt to gain more power through better cards. In a sense, we are giving in to the darkness, probably without realizing it. We think we are Guardians of Light, but instead, we're all Seekers of Darkness. We are simply unaware of this fact.

This game creates an explanation of HOW the Keyblade War began. One individual, probably someone similar in nature to Master Xehanort, threatened the light. People desperately tried to protect it, trying to do good, but failing to realize that they were fueling the war and giving in to the darkness, allowing it to spread. The fighters in the war weren't evil. They were ordinary people trying to do good, but falling victim to human nature.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back