• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► The Exodus (The original, untold story by Tobuoi...)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tobuoi

Who's that girl?
Website
www.tobuoi.deviantart.com
As many of you know, many months back, I made an RP that became emmensly popular and it eventually spawned a sequel. However, whether it be for better or worse, the story that I'm about to post here will have very little in common with the massive RP.

This is the story of the ones who travel amongst worlds after the doors have been opened. It is about their struggle to survive amongst the Heartless and withstand the darkness that lingers within their own hearts...

Please know that this is the first fanfic that I've ever written, and I'll try to make it as interesting as possible. This is the first draft of this story that I've done, so I'm just gonna wing it and see how it goes. This also means that I'm totally open to any suggestions that you may have...well, enjoy.

The Exodus
Chapter I
A Strange Door...

Antha shifted. She lay there, waiting in her bed for the familiar voice to come from outside her bedroom window. It was bound to come, any moment now. It was the voice that she'd pretend to dread, but really, there was no other that she would rather hear. She finally decided to sit up. What was taking so long? He was normally here by now.​

Antha hesitated, but then decided to get out of bed and take a look for herself. Her tan feet moved quietly across the sunlit floor until she reached the windowsill, where she stopped. She peered over and looked at the grass below, and then...​

"Antha," the voice finally called from outside. She spotted him. It was Hiroshi. "wow, I didn't have to wake up this time!"​

Antha smirked. "Yeah, but only because you decided to take your sweet time," she retaliated.​

Hiroshi rolled his bright blue eyes. "Whatever. Hurry up and get out here. I've got something to show you..."​

Antha pulled herself back into her room and went to her dresser. She was currently clad only in a white undershirt and white boy-shorts, and even in such a place, that simply would not do. She opened the top drawer and rummaged through the clothing, looking for something that she could just throw on. She found a thin, white dress. Perfect. She took it out and pulled it over her torso. The bottom fell just above the knees. This would do for now.​

She moved in front of her mirror and examined herself. She ran her fingers through her thin red hair in attempt to straighten it out. Not too bad. After all, it only fell to her shoulders, so it really couldn't get that messy.​

Antha closed the drawer and slipped on a pair of clog-like tennis shoes that were sitting on the floor near her bed. She left her bedroom and made her way down the stairs and out the front door.​

Hiroshi was standing on the pathway leading from her doorway. His hands in his shorts pockets and a grin on his slender face. Antha had known Hiroshi since he was nine and she was eight. They had both changed a lot in those past seven years. Hiroshi wasn't the little boy that he used to be...he was tall and thin, but deffinitely not lanky. His hair was thin, like Antha's, but the sun had turned it to almost a white, instead of a blonde. Like everyone else on Destiny Islands, his skin was tanned.

Antha shut the door behind her and approached Hiroshi. "So, what's this that you've got to show me," she inquired in a slightly-less-than-enthused voice.

"You'll see when we get there," he answered. "It's in the secret place, so we gotta head down to the dock."

Like almost every day on the islands, today was a beautiful one. The clouds were white and round, the sky was bright blue, the air was moist and warm, and the air was still. They made their way down the dirt road, passing many shades of green as they went. There were trees everywhere, with small houses scattered amongst them. The sounds and calls of birds filled the air as they flew across the sky.

Hiroshi and Antha had reached their small dock now, and their little boat was bobbing in the water, testing the length of the rope that it was tied to. Hiroshi immediately went to the rope and began untieing it. Antha stepped inside the little, wooden boat and sat down. Once Hiroshi got the rope untied, he tossed it inside the boat and climbed in, himself. Antha pushed the boat away from the dock, grabbed a paddle, and began to paddle through the clear, blue water. The island where they played as children was only a few minutes away, if you paddled hard enough.

As they came closer to the little island, their friend, Selphie became easier to see. She was sitting on the dock that they had all built as children, smiling and staring out at them.

When the water became shallow enough, Antha hopped out of the boat and into the water. She'd let Hiroshi tie the boat up. She made her way to the shore through the calm, shallow water. Selphie greeted her.

"Hey, Antha," she said in her usual cheery voice. Selphie was a couple years younger than Hiroshi and Antha, and like most girls her age, she was quite the sucker for romance.

Antha was in ankle-deep water now. "Hi, Selphie," she replied. "What's happening?"

Selphie stood up on the dock. "Oh, not much," she answered, "but do you know what's up with Riku, Kairi, and Sora? They won't tell me anything, but I know that they're up to something..."

"Is that so?" Antha asked, curiously. Hiroshi was at the dock now, tieing the boat up. He didn't look like he was listening. He looked like he was thinking about something else entirely.

"Yeah," Selphie continued, "they don't really hang out with me and Wakka and Tidus, anymore. They're always busy."

"I see..."

Riku was a boy who was Antha's age, but Antha hadn't really ever talked to him. Sora and Kairi were a year younger than Antha, but she didn't really know them, either. They seemed like nice kids, though...

Hiroshi climbed up onto the deck and brushed off his hands. Selphie turned around to greet him. "Oh, hi, Hiroshi." She glanced back at Antha and then asked,"What're you guys up to, today?"

Making his way down to where Antha was, he merely replied, "Secret."

Selphie made a playfully frustrated face. "Oooh, I'm so sick of these secrets!" Then she giggled..."Does it have to do with a paopu?"

Hiroshi groaned. "No, Selphie. We'll talk to you later."

Antha waved. "Bye, Selphie."

Hiroshi led her up to a small hole in the mountain that led to a little cave. As children, they called it the "Secret Place"...

Hiroshi crawled inside the cave and Antha followed. It was a lot cooler inside of the cave than it was outside. Hiroshi and Antha crawled through the tiny tunel and stood up when they came to the cave. The cave was somewhat dark, and the sounds of the ocean could barely be heard from inside. The walls were covered in scribbles that they had drawn as kids. They used to spend so much time in this place when they were younger. It hadn't changed a bit. Except for the door...

Antha gawked. At the end of the cave, there was a large door. She slowly walked towards it. "Is this...what you were talking about?"

Hiroshi nodded. "Yeah. I mean, I haven't been in here in a while, but...this has gotta be pretty recent."

Antha placed her hand on the door and looked back at Hiroshi. "What do you think it's for?" she aksed. Hiroshi shook his head. "I have no idea," he replied. Antha looked back at the door. It had no handle or anything. She pressed herself against it, but it didn't move. "Weird," she murmered. "Why would they put a door here that you can't use?" Hiroshi shrugged. "I just found it here, yesterday, when I came in here, looking for mushrooms..."

Antha turned back to Hiroshi. "Maybe this is what Riku and them are acting all suspicious for...maybe they know something?"

"It's possible," Hiroshi answered. "Let's go up to that little shack on the side of the mountain. The one with the blanket nailed to the wall. If we stay up there and watch, we're bound to see them." Antha nodded. "Alright, let's go."

They left the cave and climbed the ladder up to the treehouse area of the mountain. They had all built this stuff when they were little kids. They went inside the shack. It was much more comfortable than standing out in the hot sun. They both sat down on the floor, and Hiroshi noticed that the blanket wasn't on the wall. "That's weird," he muttered. Antha looked up. "Hm?"

"The blanket, it's gone."

"Oh...that is strange. I wonder where it went. Ah, well..."

The two of them were sitting up against the tree that went through the side of the shack, looking out at the ocean. Nothing too interesting seemed to be going on. It was very relaxing, up there in the treehouse. The only things that could be heard from here were the birds and the ocean. Antha suddenly had a wave of sleepiness come over her. She needed to stay awake, though...she didn't want to miss anything...

Last edited:

Tobuoi

Who's that girl?
Website
Yes, in fact, here's the second chapter *gasp*. Thank you for commenting, by the way...

Chapter II
Beyond the Door

Hiroshi opened his eyes, confused. The sky was dark and the environment was silent. There was something soft and warm leaning against him...it was Antha. She had fallen asleep against him. They were still inside the tree shack, but many hours had passed since what he last remembered. It appeared that the sun had left the sky more than an hour ago. They were in deep trouble.

He gently shook Antha. "Antha," he said affirmatively, "Antha, wake up."

Antha let out a small groan as she came back to consciousness. When she realized that she had fallen asleep on Hiroshi, she jerked awake and sat up. Her eyes were still tired, but wide open. She looked around. "What time is it?"

"I dunno. It's late, though," Hiroshi replied, standing up. He offered his hand to Antha, to help her up. "We need to leave."

Antha didn't take his hand. Instead, she just sat there. She was so tired, and she knew that she needed to get home but...she didn't really care. She closed her eyes and smiled slightly. "D'you remember when we first met?"

Hiroshi sighed. "Antha, we really need to-"

"We were just kids," Antha interrupted. Hiroshi stared at her for a moment and then finally sat back down next to her.

"'Kids,' huh?" He replied dryly. "You still are a kid."

Antha laughed and then retorted, "Not any more than you!" Her smiled faded a bit. "But then...I guess that that's not really true. You were always the one getting me out of trouble...like that one time when I got angry at my parents and decided to take my boat out during a storm. I was so stupid and scared...but then you came and brought me back home."

Antha brought her knees to her chest and held herself. "I suppose that I've always depended on you to take care of me." Her voice was solumn, and though she didn't know why, she felt like crying. Hiroshi looked confused. What a strange time for her to bring up such things...

He smiled weakly in attempt to cheer her up and put his arm around her shoulders. "Don't worry about it. It gives me something to do, right?"

Antha faked a smile. Hiroshi put his hand on her face and drew it closer to his, so that they were looking right at each other. Though, in this light, there wasn't much point, since neither of them could see much...but the feeling of his hand on Antha's face sent her heart pounding, and she had to stop herself from breathing too loudly. "Listen," he said quietly, "you're my best friend. I wouldn't help you if I didn't want to..."

Neither of them said anything. The silence was a bit awkward, but nice...it was only to be broken by a bright flash of lightning from outside. Both of them were startled by the thunder that came shortly after it. Hiroshi shifted and Antha slowly stood up. "I guess it's time to go," she said through a half-hearted smile.

Hiroshi got up too, but he was focused on something in the distance. Antha looked where Hiroshi was looking. Out, over the sea, was a swarm of dark, thick clouds. "Whoa," Hiroshi whispered, excited. He grinned. "That is so cool."

A feeling of distress came over Antha. "Let's just get home before things get too bad," she said hastily. She knew how Hiroshi acted when he felt a thrill coming on.

The speed of the wind was increasing. Antha continually had to tuck her red hair back so that it wouldn't fly in front of her eyes. "Yeah," Hiroshi said in acknowledgement. "It does look pretty bad..."

With that, he left the shack and Antha followed him down the wooden walkway. Hiroshi let Antha go down the ladder first, seeing as she was wearing a dress. It didn't make much difference, though. The wind had become so violent that it was completely tossing up the bottom of her dress. She struggled to keep it down.

When the both of them got to the ground, Hiroshi grabbed Antha's wrist. The clouds in the sky were growing, and the storm was becoming more frightening and unreal by the second. Antha turned to Hiroshi, but he wasn't looking in her direction.

"Is it really safe to-"

"What the...?!"

Antha looked to see what it was that Hiroshi was surprised by. When she saw it, she was as equally surprised as him. Where the tunnel to the secret place was supposed to be, there was a large, ivory-colored door. But it was open, and a strange darkness was emitting from it.

Antha was terrified...Hiroshi could feel her rapid pulse through her wrist which he tightly held.

From the darkness came strange, yellow eyes. Their bodies could barely be outlined, being the same shade as the rest of the darkness. They arose from the ground and came from every direction...there were so many of them, but they did nothing but stare and multiply.

The darkness floated through the air from beyond the door, but Hiroshi and Antha could do nothing. They were surrounded by darkness that was given a small, slender body...and those eyes...there were so many, all around them.

A strange terror ran through Antha's and Hiroshi's veins. It was as if their world, their home, was being consumed in darkness. It was a feeling they couldn't quite grasp...a feeling deep inside their hearts. A feeling of fright and hate and sorrow and rage...a feeling of hopelessness, as if all light had been lost in darkness.

There was a loud clap of thunder and darkness shot from beyond the door. Hiroshi immediately embraced Antha and held her tightly. He couldnt' let go. They couldn't be seperated...no, not in this dark abyss.

Last edited:

Tobuoi

Who's that girl?
Website
Chapter III
Tobuoi's Ambitions

Tobuoi sighed as she stared at the night sky. It was the same as always...yes, the same, boring, infinite sky. Tobuoi wanted to break the boundaries of that sky and see what was beyond it. It was a dream that she had had for years, now.

She was sitting on the rooftop of Cid's shop. He was bound to come out and yell at her, any moment now, but she didn't care. This was her favorite place to be in town. Tobuoi just loved to stare up at that starry sky and wonder what was beyond it. But something seemed to be wrong with the sky, recently. There seemed to be less stars...but how could that be? Star's didn't just "go out" like light bulbs...did they?

These thoughts concerned Tobuoi, but they also excited her. Change meant excitement, and there was nothing that Tobuoi would rather have in her life than excitement.

Tobuoi was a young girl, being only fourteen. She was small, too, and had a somewhat round face that was topped by scattered freckles, adding to her childish appearance. She had thin blonde hair that she kept tied back to keep it out of her face when she was building things, and that was almost always. Her eyes were a dark blue, but you'd rarely notice them behind the dark goggles that she usually had on. If they weren't over her eyes, they were resting around her neck, like they were right now.

Everything about Tobuoi, including her appearance, was a reflection of her favorite hobbies: building, inventing, and engineering.

There was a loud slam of the door from below that made Tobuoi jump. She stood up and quickly made her way to the edge of the rooftop. She jumped down and landed on the pavement with a painful "thud." She could hear Cid's grumpy voice from around the corner. It made her nervous, but it was a thrilling game that she enjoyed playing.

Tobuoi got to her feet and dusted off her backside. She tried to act casual as she made her way to the front door of the shop where Cid was. He was closer to her than she thought.

"Tobuoi!"

Tobuoi jumped at the sound of his gritty voice. He was only a couple of feet away from her. Tobuoi faked a giggle. "Oh, hey there, Cid! How's business in the sho-"

"You been sittin' on my rooftop, again," he interrupted. "How many times have I told ya not to do that?" he yelled.

"Oh, what harm's it doin'?" Tobuoi asked, trying her best to come off as innocent.

"It's MY shop," he answered angrily, a hint of exasperation in his voice.

"It feeds my curiousity, y'know?" Tobuoi said, as if it were a legitimate excuse. "Perhaps if you told me about that boy..."

"What boy? You know that I don't know anything."

"Oh, I know that that's a load of gummi. You do know something about that boy-the one with the "key"-and I wanna know everything that you know," Tobuoi demanded. She put a hand on her hip and tapped her foot. She was known for her animated behavior, and it wasn't uncommon to see her carrying out cliche actions such as this.

Cid sighed. "Listen," he said, attempting to get off the subject. "it's late. Do me a favor and just go on home."

Tobuoi's playful expression melted away, replaced by sad one. She stared at her feet, though, there wasn't anything interesting about them. It just seemed like the right thing to do.

"I'm sorry," Cid added, realizing that what he said had hurt her. "I didn't mean to...here, I'll give you some munny. Go rent yourself a room at the hotel."

He reached into his pocket and pulled out a handful of small, yellow and white orbs. Tobuoi opened her hands, and Cid gave them to her. Then, careful not to drop any, she poured them into a leather pouch that she had fastened to her belt. "Thanks," she replied quietly, closing the pouch.

"Now, go on," Cid ordered, retaining his gritty personality. Tobuoi smirked. "All right, all right..."

With that, she made her way out of the first district. The town was so quiet. Sure, it was late at night, but the silence was almost frightening. People rarely came out of their homes since the Heartless came. The first district was usually safe, but the second and third districts were infested with them. There were a few people, like Tobuoi, who tried to keep the heartless at bay, but in the past few days, the number of heartless had only grown.

Tobuoi had heard rumors of a boy her age who had come to Traverse Town and fought off a number of heartless, just days ago. Tobuoi hadn't seen him, but things sure did seem different since he supposedly came. And if he did come and go, that would mean that there was a way to leave the world...

Tobuoi put these thoughts to the back of her mind. She was in the second district, and it was dangerous. She needed to be aware and ready for anything that could happen. Fortunately, she was just outside the hotel.

Tobuoi looked around one last time and then proceeded into the hotel. It was just as quiet inside as it was outside. The only thing that could be heard was the faint snoring of the worker at the check-in counter who had apparently fallen asleep. Tobuoi looked down the hallway...there didn't seem to be any other workers. She approached the counter and shyly tried to wake the young man.

"Uh...mister? Excuse me," Tobuoi said quietly. It was no use. She spotted the tiny, metal bell on the counter. She hesitated at first, but slowly reached out and rang it, tapping it twice. The man awoke and shook his head. He spotted Tobuoi and straightened up in his chair.

"Oh, I'm sorry, ma'am. How may I help you?" he asked in a groggy voice.

Tobuoi smiled. "Room for one, please," she answered, rummaging through her money pouch.

"That'll be one hundred and fifty munny, please. You're only staying for tonight, then?" the worker asked.

"Yeah, I think so," Tobuoi replied, handing him one hundred and fifty munny. The worker took the munny and emptied it into a cash register below the counter. He turned to the wall behind him and piece of paper with the number "9" on it and handed it to Tobuoi. "Room nine, on your left." Tobuoi flashed him one last smile. "Thanks."

Tobuoi crinkled the numbered piece of paper as she walked. Her room was at the end of the hall and had a small, wooden "9" nailed to the door. Tobuoi twisted the handle and went inside. The room was dark, so she flipped the switch on the wall. The light was pale and it filled the entire room. Tobuoi examined her room. It seemed pretty normal, and there didn't seem to be any signs of heartless. That was good.

Tobuoi didn't know how businesses in the second and third district could stay open with all of the heartless astray. She hoped that there wouldn't be any "incidents" during her stay...

Tobuoi came over to her bed. There was a tiny nightstand next to it. She removed the goggles from around her neck and tossed it onto the nightstand. She did the same with her black gloves and her belt. She sat down on the bed and began to untie her shoes. She kicked them off once they were loose. Much better. Tobuoi laid back on the bed and stared up at the ceiling. She didn't realize how tired she was until now. All of those curious thoughts that had been bustling around her mind didn't seem to be present. She would handle these things tomorrow. For now, it'd just be best to catch up on her rest...

Last edited:

Tobuoi

Who's that girl?
Website
Indeed. I just gotta kind of clear up some things in my mind about the next chapter and the rest of the story before I go and write it...yeah...I'll probably have the fourth chapter up within the next twenty-four hours. O_~

Tobuoi

Who's that girl?
Website
Hmmm...well, Silver, I plan on making myself some illustrations, so you can decide for yourself whether or not Antha is "secksi". *winks*

And GoH, I'm actually planning on bringing in about three more characters...perhaps more. Anyways, I'll have the next chapter up in a few hours.

Tobuoi

Who's that girl?
Website
Chapter IV
Newcomers

There was darkness everywhere, and not the smallest glimmer of light could be found. The faint sound of a heartbeat could be heard, slowly growing louder. Antha could hear her own breathing, but she couldn't see anything. "Wh...where am I?" she said to herself, not expecting anyone to answer. But someone did.

"Isn't this nice? You've nothing to wory about here," the voice said. "In this place, everything is how you want it. Everything is what you wish, what you want. Power...darkness." Antha could've sworn that it was her own voice, but knew that she wasn't the one speaking in it. It spoke again, but apparently from a different source. "Don't listen to her, Antha. Don't listen to the darkness..."

Antha opened her eyes and the darkness vanished, being replaced by what seemed to be an alley. Hiroshi was lying on the ground, near her. She glanced around...it was a place that she didn't recognize and it in no way, resembled any part of Destiny Islands. It was obviously nighttime, and the alley was quiet. There was a small waterway, nearby, and balconies leading out from a building, up above. She turned to Hiroshi and tried to wake him. "Hiroshi...Hiroshi. Hiroshi," she pleaded sincerely, "please, Hiroshi. Wake up..."

Hiroshi shifted slightly and then his eyes flickered. He slowly opened them, and when he saw where he was, he promptly sat up. He scratched the back of his head, ruffling his thing blond hair. "Where are we?" he asked stupidly.

Antha looked around, once more. "I dunno," she replied. "It looks like we're in some sort of town...perhaps we can find someone who can help us. There doesn't seem to be any trace of those...things that were on our island."

Hiroshi squeezed his eyes shut, and without opening them again, said, "So that was real, huh? It wasn't just a crazy dream?"

"Not unless we both had the same dream," Antha answered. "Come on," Antha said, getting to her feet. "Let's go have a look around town." She brushed off her dress and waited for Hiroshi to stand up too.

Hiroshi sighed. He stood up and took a look around for himself. "Well," he mumbled. He looked back at Antha. "At least we're together, right?" Antha nodded wearily in response.

Neither of them said much after that. They were too consumed in their own thoughts as they slowly made their way through the alley. Then, something dark, like a shadow came from the ground. Antha let out a small yelp in surprise. It was one of those things that consumed their island. More of them began to rise out of the pavement. Antha and Hiroshi moved closer to each other as they became surrounded by the strange, twitching creatures.

"What do we do?" Antha asked desperately.

Hiroshi paused and then called out, "Help! Somebody! Somebody, help us!" His voice was coarse and tired.

Tobuoi shifted in her bed. Somebody...somebody...somebody was calling for help. Tobuoi jerked awake and lunged herself out of bed. She slipped on her bulky shoes, grabbed her goggles, threw on her belt, and then went out the balcony door of her hotel room. Outside, below, in the alley, she could see the ones seeking help. Tobuoi threw herself over the balcony ledge and let herself drop to the ground below where the two strangers were.

She got to her feet and started to dig through one of the pouches on her belt. She found what she was looking for. "Look out!" she called to Antha and Hiroshi.

Moments, later, there was a flash and clouds of smoke filled the air. Hiroshi and Antha coughed violently, but Tobuoi made not a sound. When the thick smoke finally cleared, the two of them regained their breath. The strange creatures were gone, and Tobuoi was fastening one of her belt pouches shut.

She looked up at Hiroshi and Antha, an eyebrow quirked. "And what, exactly, are y'all doin' out here in the middle of the night? Don't ya know that there are heartless about in this here alley, as well as the rest of the district?"

Hiroshi, still a little baffled, shook his head and said, "Heartless? Is that what you call those...things?"

Tobuoi rubbed her eyes with the back of her wrist. She was obviously tired too. "Heh...I take it that you're not from around here, then. Anyways," Tobuoi blinked a few times and then held out her hand. "I'm Tobuoi."

Hiroshi looked at the peculiar girl strangely and then shook her hand in acknowledgement. "Hiroshi," he finally replied.

Tobuoi released her grip from Hiroshi's large hand and turned to Antha. "I'm Antha," Antha replied, not quite up to speed with the situation.

Tobuoi rubbed the back of her neck. "Well, you'll have to excuse me for usin' that grenade dud. I don't normally use such primative means of defense, but my weapon's being fixed right now...Anyways, why don't you two come up to my room and stay there with me for the rest of the night? It's a lot safer than out here..."

Antha looked to Hiroshi. She figured that she'd let him decide what they were going to do.

"Alright. But...how are we gonna get up there?" Hiroshi inquired.

Tobuoi chuckled. "I can tell that you're not used to prowling around towns. I've been doin' it for two years, now."

She walked past them and over to a small crate that was up against the wall of a nearby building. She got behind it and pushed it with her side. "You gotta learn...to use...what's around you..."

Tobuoi stopped pushing when the crate was underneath the balcony. She gestured for them to go before her. "You, first..."

Antha made a strange face and then proceeded to climb onto the crate. When she was standing next to it, it was about waist-high. She got on top of the crate and then jumped slightly, grabbing onto the ledge of the balcony wall. It was tricky, but eventually, she managed to pull herself over the ledge and onto the balcony. Hiroshi followed and did the same thing, taking considerably less time than Antha to make it up. Finally, Tobuoi met them up at the top.

Tobuoi approached the door and opened it. "My room's right here," she informed them, proceeding inside. "Uh, I suppose one of you guys...or both, if that's the deal, can sleep on the bed. But I'll take the floor."

"No, that's fine. We'll sleep on the floor. You paid for the room, after all," Antha replied, her usual, sweet smile on her face, though, it wasn't as bright at this hour.

"Oh," Tobuoi said quietly. "You sure?"

"Yeah," Hiroshi answered. "That's fine."

"Alright. Well, I suppose I'll give you guys the two blankets and the two extra pillows...I'll use one of the sheets and the other pillow."

Tobuoi stripped herself of her unnecessary accessories and went to the bed. She removed all of the items that she wouldn't be using, and gave them to Hiroshi and Antha. "I'll show you around town tomorrow. Perhaps you'll be able to find out what you need to know."

Hiroshi and Antha agreed, setting out their sleeping areas on the floor. Both of them were wiped out...nothing could really help them more right now than a good night's rest.

Tobuoi sat down in her bed, not really focussing on anything. "Perhaps you can tell me more about yourselves, then, too...like, your home and all that..."

She laid out on her bed and flipped the lightswitch that was nearby on the wall. "Well, good night then."

Last edited:

Tobuoi

Who's that girl?
Website
Hehe, I just noticed that all of my chapters have ended in sleep...

Anyways, I will be going up to Wisconsin with my friend for the weekend (Wisconsin=cottage=lake=JETSKI!) and I shall return on Sunday afternoon. This means no updates until then. However, I'll be spending about an hour in the car, there and back, so I'll probably have a decent number of illustrations done and I'll have some ideas for the next few chapters, so I'll be able to get to work on them as soon as I get back. Laters, y'all...thanks for readin'. O_~

Tobuoi

Who's that girl?
Website
ZOMG, it's been a long time...sorry 'bout that, guys. I had the next chapter all typed up and I was about a paragraph away from submitting it, but then AOL went all ghey on me...anyways, here's the next chapter. Please keep reading, my faithful readers! ^_^

Chapter V
Rumors

Hiroshi was woken by a light that filled the room. It wasn't an electric light, but sunlight that had exploded into the room after Tobuoi had drawn back the curtains of the hotel room windows. Hiroshi sat up and looked over at Tobuoi. She noticed him out of the corner or her eye.

"Oh," she said, surprised that he was awake. "I'm sorry. I hope that I didn't wake you. I just like natural light so much more than flourescent and neon and all that..."

Hiroshi smiled. "Nah, that's okay. It looks like it's getting late, anyways." He turned to see if Antha was awake...but as he figured, she was still fast-asleep. She seemed so calm and peaceful, laying there. A state of mind that seemed to have dissappeared from reality for the past few days. Then again, it was impossible to tell just how long it had been since they were consumed in that strange darkness...

Hiroshi ran his hands through his dirty-blonde hair...best not to think of those things right now. His gaze went back to Antha. Seeing her like this gave him a strange feeling...a feeling of relaxation and excitement, both at the same time. He knew what the feeling was, and he'd often thought of persuing it, but something in the back of his mind always prevented him from doing so. He'd always just decided that Antha was his friend--nothing more.

"So," Tobuoi started, in attempt to break the awkward silence that filled the room. "D'you wanna head into town, later? We could probably ask around and get some information on your islands," Tobuoi suggested.

"Yeah, okay," Hiroshi answered. "As soon as Antha wakes up."

After that, there was only more silence. Hiroshi fidgeted a lot and Tobuoi got out a strange little gadget and played with it.

Finally, Hiroshi spoke. "Uh...so, you're sure you've never heard anything about Destiny Islands?"

Tobuoi shook her head in response. She paused and then asked, "Exactly what happened before you got to Traverse Town? I mean, what happened on your island?"

Hiroshi leaned back on his hands and stared at the ceiling, invisioning the events that occured that night. "Well, there was a door. A really big one that was never there before. And it was open...there was this dark, misty stuff coming from it, and there were those "heartless" things, everywhere. It was really stormy, too...there were black clouds in the sky. Anyways, the dark stuff finally errupted from the door and I can't remember anything after that."

A look of remorse came over Tobuoi. Hiroshi noticed this. "Uh...what's wrong?" he asked her, a hint of concern in his voice.

"Oh, well," Tobuoi said quietly. "It's just that...I don't think that you'll be able to go back to your island."

Hiroshi sat up and stared at her. "What do you mean?"

"Well, I've heard rumors. I've heard people talk about other worlds...worlds other than this town. Worlds that were destroyed by the heartless. And...I think that your island may have been one of those worlds," Tobuoi explained to him.

He frowned at her. "What? That's crazy. I mean, all of these worlds? That just doesn't seem logical."

"Well, if ya think about it...I mean, you say that you've never heard of Traverse Town, and I've never heard of Destiny Islands, so...maybe it's because they're completely different worlds," Tobuoi replied. "I've also heard about this boy...supposedly, he came through this town a few days ago. He had this special key." Tobuoi paused. "But don't get me wrong...I don't know any of this for sure. These are all just rumors that I've heard. But they all seem to make sense, y'know?"

Hiroshi glared at the floor. "No way. There is no way that Destiny Islands was destroyed. I mean, it was our home..."

Tobuoi sighed and silence filled the room, once more. She put her gadget away in her pocket and spoke again, this time in a more optimistic tone. "Listen, I really don't know. If we go and talk to Cid, we'll probably be able to find out more."

"Alright," Hiroshi responded. "But do me a favor...until we know for sure, please don't tell Antha about all of these rumors."

Tobuoi smiled slightly. "Alrighty. That, I can do."

Hiroshi looked back at Antha and she was still asleep. He figured that she must have been really exhausted. He wished that she would wake up, though...it was so awkward, having her asleep beside him.

As if someone had granted his wish, Antha shifted and opened her eyes. She blinked a few times before her gaze went to Hiroshi. She smiled at him.

"Oh," Tobuoi said, realizing that Antha had finally woken up. "You're awake. Good mornin'," she chattered, cheerfully.

Antha sat up and Hiroshi spoke. "We were gonna go into town and try to get some information on how to get back to our island."

Antha nodded. "Alright," she replied, her voice not quite back to normal. "Sounds like a plan."

Tobuoi put on her belt and grabbed all of her belongings. "Alrighty, I'm gonna go check out while y'all collect yourselves. I'll be out by the checkout counter when you're ready to go."

She pulled out her hairtie, letting her blonde hair fall from the ponytail. She ran her fingers through it and held the her hairtie in her teeth as she walked out the door. Tobuoi attempted to recollect it as she walk, and when she did, she wrapped her hairtie around the pony and pulled her hair into place.

The hotel was just as quiet as it was the night before, but it seemed much more relaxed during the day. There was a woman up at the counter this morning and she smiled at Tobuoi as she made her way to the counter.

Tobuoi reached the counter and the worker asked, "How may I help you, ma'am?"

"Just checkin' out," Tobuoi replied. "Room nine."

"Is that all?"

"Yeah."

The worker scribbled something down on a sheet of paper and looked back up at Tobuoi and smiled. "Have a nice day."

Tobuoi smiled back. "You too."

She then walked over to the double doors of the hotel and looked over in the direction of room nine, waiting for Antha and Hiroshi to emerge from it. Finally, Antha opened the door and came out into the hallway, Hiroshi following. The door closed behind them and they made their way over to Tobuoi.

Tobuoi opened the door and let them leave the hotel first. She followed and led them out to the second district...

Tobuoi

Who's that girl?
Website
*sigh* That was my third post without any reply...if no one else posts soon, I'll probably just discontinue this from the site. Perhaps I'll continue it elsewhere...though, you guys would really be the best critics, seeing as there's a massive fanfic section and this happens to be a KH fanfic...>_>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back