• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The exclusive Roxas scenes

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
I don't like shipping very much, yaoi or otherwise, but there's a lot of people who disagree with me... but I have to admit, without any context from other games, someone could play KHII and the wrong idea about Roxas and Axel easily
Or the right idea, given the games.

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards
Probably because the male characters have far more screen time, development, nuance and care put into their stories and characters than the female characters do. That and the fact that original male characters outnumber the female characters 36:7.

HOLY SHIT

THERE'S 7 OF THEM!?

OkaruAudo said:
Anyways, forgetting the yaoi, I really have to thank all of you. I'm serious, thanks for helping me understand the story guys, I'm pretty sure without your help I wouldn't understand a majority of the story. Thanks guys, I mean it. I'm so glad to have found such an amazing site with such friendly, helpful people, it feels like a real community where we help each other and not just a little forum to dick around in.

You're welcome! Pleasure to have you here :D

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
And almost all of them are Kairi clones/expies. Kinda sad, isn't it?

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
It's clear Riku was super excited to finally get some alone time with Sora and then Kairi had to cockblock him with the sweet letter to Sora. #TheStruggleIsReal

No idea why, but I can't stop laughing about this XDD

OkaruAudo

Is it bad that I can imagine Riku as somebody into BDSM? I mean... I could just see it. 50 Shades of Grey Hair

Last edited:

OkaruAudo

Or maybe I'm just being a dumbass because it's 3 AM and I'm tired. And it was more for a halfassed joke attempt than a legitimate observation. Sorry lol

Divine Past

Bronze Member
Awards
I don't like shipping very much, yaoi or otherwise, but there's a lot of people who disagree with me... but I have to admit, without any context from other games, someone could play KHII and the wrong idea about Roxas and Axel easily.

Yup, I don't care for the stuff myself, but contextless a lot of things just become funnier. I think going by context there is more proof Sora likes likes Kairi more than he does Riku but that isn't as fun to joke around with.

OkaruAudo

Yup, I don't care for the stuff myself, but contextless a lot of things just become funnier. I think going by context there is more proof Sora likes likes Kairi more than he does Riku but that isn't as fun to joke around with.

I guess you've got a point there. I'm still not a fan of shipping, I just feel like if characters should be in a relationship then they will be. But I just randomly thought of this, there are never many canon gay relationships, which I think sucks.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

I personally actually think the dropped "hints" are about evenly distributed between both, especially when taking into consideration the whole series and not just KH 1 and KH 2.
The primary reason Sora X Kairi is seen as the more "probable" one inside out in general is because that is the hetero-option.
If Kairi would be a guy and Riku a girl (or Sora female), everyone would point towards Sora X Riku being the more probable one. It's something that is simply more engrained into most people's minds, similar to the notion that people of different genders simply cannot be just friends but have to have something romantic going.

I guess you've got a point there. I'm still not a fan of shipping, I just feel like if characters should be in a relationship then they will be. But I just randomly thought of this, there are never many canon gay relationships, which I think sucks.

Shipping is ok as long as it doesn't go overboard and becomes intruding to the whole fandom. You're lucky to not have entered the fandom around when KH 2 was still freshly out as I remember back then in 2006/2007 especially the Axel/Roxas shipping could sometimes get quite intense to the point where it did become somewhat unsettling.
Not to mention, since KH is a series that loves to keep all the romantic stuff regarding the original characters vague, the shipping wars themselves became sometimes so "hot" that several forums and fansites eventually banned shipping-talk completely.

That there are no (or very few) canon non-hetero relationships in entertainment media in general has also much to do with the general mindset of the majority of consumers and creators as many of the latter group are simply too fearful to include an open non-hetero-relationship because of possible backlash from "moral guardians", religious zealots or possible poor success of the work because of it.

Wander

Entire cast is straight
silence*

One character is non-hetero
Okay but like, you don't need to shove it in my face?? We know you're pandering.

It feels like that every time, sigh.

Anyway, I honestly think any sort of hint in the KH series can be interpreted as a really strong friendship. You could make a case for Sora/Kairi maybe but that's pretty much it.

butstillvenrokuisbestshipandimreallytiredrightnowsorry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back