• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The exclusive Roxas scenes

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

OkaruAudo

In KH2.5 there are these scenes after defeating Roxas in TWTNW (Finally won!!!) and I don't understand them at all. They seem to take place before Roxas merges with Sora, but he's aware of Sora, with Axel, and wearing his organization cloak which seems to contradict what really happened. Also it shows Xemnas talking to Roxas, possibly welcoming him into the Organization? And what were the Org. members talking before? About how Axel won what he wanted and they hoped "he" arrived. Were they talking about Roxas? So confused now because how could Roxas come back? And how could they fight?!

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
I don't remember what scenes exactly, but I'll try to help.

Roxas/Sora can fight because that fight took place in Sora's heart (that's why 3 keyblades being used didn't matter).

The scene at the clock tower in Twilight Town with Roxas/Axel was, I believe, a sort of dream or heaven type thing. Roxas was defeated and finally ready to fully re-join with Sora, while Axel was destroyed and become Lea. So that scene was a sort of 'goodbye' between the two friends as they finally go back to where they belong.

Xemnas talking to Roxas at the gate of the mansion in Twilight Town is Xemnas naming Roxas, which happened about a year before KH2. That was when Roxas was just created and Xemnas was putting the recusant's sigil on him.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
In KH2.5 there are these scenes after defeating Roxas in TWTNW (Finally won!!!) and I don't understand them at all. They seem to take place before Roxas merges with Sora, but he's aware of Sora, with Axel, and wearing his organization cloak which seems to contradict what really happened. Also it shows Xemnas talking to Roxas, possibly welcoming him into the Organization? And what were the Org. members talking before? About how Axel won what he wanted and they hoped "he" arrived. Were they talking about Roxas? So confused now because how could Roxas come back? And how could they fight?!

This is kind of confusing but stay with me-

Roxas and Sora did merge at the start of the game, but it wasn't totally Roxas's choice and so the union wasn't perfect.

Xemnas mentions, after Axel dies, that this might shake up Sora and wake up Roxas and that's what happened. Roxas, angered by everything, fights Sora to make him prove that he is worthy of being the dominate personality and hero of the Keyblade.

When Roxas and Axel talk about Sora after that, they're making peace with their destiny. This scene isn't happening in a physical state. Roxas and Axel meet in the middle as they both pass on to their fates and talk about the questions that Sora has to uncover, Roxas merges with Sora, confident that he will solve these mysteries.

OkaruAudo

Thanks guys, I didn't understand that at all but now it makes a lot of sense. That's really really helpful. I think I'm close to the end of the game correct? So far I'm not too lost.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
Thanks guys, I didn't understand that at all but now it makes a lot of sense. That's really really helpful. I think I'm close to the end of the game correct? So far I'm not too lost.

The World That Never Was is the last level, but depending on how you play it can take a few hours. Don't fatigue yourself

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
Roxas was never okay with pretty much losing himself by merging with Sora to being with. His conscience was just too dormant during most of KHII to do anything about it. Watching Axel die was pretty much a wake-up call, and from the English translation- "Why did he choose you?"- it seems like Roxas didn't realize that Axel's actions were to protect Roxas through Sora.

The Org was mostly going over how Axel was an idiot, yet something stirring like that might have been enough to re-awaken Roxas.

The fight itself is a battle that takes place in the heart. An internal struggle, if you will. Roxas' pissed-off persona woke up and pulled Sora into it; apparently only Sora saw Roxas in the first place, since Donald and Goofy say they didn't see anyone in a black coat after the fight. It's possible that if Roxas defeated Sora, he'd be able to return. I have no idea what would've happened to Sora if that had happened, of course...

The scene that shows Xemnas meeting Roxas and giving him the name... I chalk that up as a flashback. The part where Roxas talks with Axel is the two of them saying "Yeah, I'm okay with this" and deciding to leave it up to Sora to get the job done. Both of these scenes take place in Roxas' head.

tl;dr: The Org thinks Axel was stupid, but his death probably woke Roxas. It did; Roxas is pissed and engages Sora in an internal struggle that only the two of them could perceive. Roxas is defeated, has a flashback, then a vision of speaking with Axel before willingly going back to Sora.

OkaruAudo

Okay sorry to switch subjects but I need this confirmed. So Riku let the darkness envelope him to become stronger and that's how he looks like Ansem Seeker of Darkness?

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
Okay sorry to switch subjects but I need this confirmed. So Riku let the darkness envelope him to become stronger and that's how he looks like Ansem Seeker of Darkness?

Yes. Specifically, he needed to become stronger in order to stop Roxas from going on a suicidal rampage of revenge at the end of 358/2 Days.

Wait so when Roxas asked why whoever chose Sora it was him asking why Axel chose to protect Sora instead of him?

That's what we assume, yes. In the original Japanese text, it was more nonspecific. I don't know what it was exactly, maybe asking why the Keyblade chose Sora or why Sora's the special one, something like that. But since the English translation is the way it is, we believe Roxas was referring to Axel, since he says "Why did he choose you?", as well as this event taking place after (and likely was triggered by) Axel's suicidal attempt to protect Sora.

OkaruAudo

So this makes no sense, Sora asked Xaldin why he called him Roxas as if he didn't know who Roxas was. He just fought to keep Roxas back and was talking about him and how the simulation was Roxas's Twilight Town

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
So this makes no sense, Sora asked Xaldin why he called him Roxas as if he didn't know who Roxas was. He just fought to keep Roxas back and was talking about him and how the simulation was Roxas's Twilight Town
Sora knows OF Roxas, but he doesn't know who Roxas is to him.

At this point Sora is aware of the following:

There are two Twilight Towns, one was some sort of simulation.

There is a boy named Roxas, who lived in that Twilight Town. Everyone keeps calling Sora Roxas, but other than this vague awareness, he has no idea who he is.

The fight in Sora's heart isn't something Sora comprehends yet, he just knows he was attacked by another Organization member.

OkaruAudo

Also, sorry to dump all my end game questions here, lol, I don't sanna clog up the KH2.5 forums with a bunch of topics, why did Axel help Sora? Before all he wanted was to turn Sora into a heartless to get Roxas back.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
Also, sorry to dump all my end game questions here, lol, I don't sanna clog up the KH2.5 forums with a bunch of topics, why did Axel help Sora? Before all he wanted was to turn Sora into a heartless to get Roxas back.

Axel realized that if Roxas really knew the whole story, he'd want Sora to continue on. Axel realized that for the greater good, Sora had to take out the Organization. Axel wouldn't want Xemnas to win, even if the price was never seeing Roxas again.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards

Roxas was a part of Sora now, so protecting Sora would inadvertently protect Roxas. Axel shoved aside his own agenda (a very rare thing for him to do) to keep both safe. Guess he had a change of heart (get it?!), saw the bigger picture, and knew that Sora was the best bet for taking down the Organization for good.

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
Tinny you are my best friend on this site. Lol why did Axel ditch the Organization? Or is that a 358 spoiler?

Its not a Days spoiler since Days happens before 2. Let's put it this way, what would Axel gain by staying with the organization?

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
Tinny you are my best friend on this site. Lol why did Axel ditch the Organization? Or is that a 358 spoiler?

Axel ditched the Organization when he lost the fight with Roxas and let him rejoin with Sora in the prologue.

Axel's orders were to destroy Roxas. At that point he knew on one hand, Xemnas threatened to demote him if he failed, and on the other hand he knew that he wasn't done trying to save Roxas. There wasn't much of a choice to make.

Divine Past

Bronze Member
Awards
I have a few thoughts on this that I don't feel like quoting lol.

Roxas fighting Sora was basically a boiling point for Roxas because all of his existence he heard all about Sora and how great he was and then he saw his best friend sacrifice himself to protect Sora himself. So Roxas probably just wanted to find out if Sora was worth this all so hence the test. To me it's similar to how the org members at CO fought Sora not to kill him, but to find out if he's worth the effort.

Not sure Roxas deep down wanted to beat Sora, because that means he ended his existence with someone who wasn't good enough. Again just my interpretation but I think Roxas wanted to be shown Sora is great and that he was worth all the pain and sacrifices to make sure Sora can stop the organization. Not sure what would have happen if Roxas won because I don't think Roxas can just take control of Sora's body just like that but who knows. My guess will be Roxas would've just held more resentment towards Sora rather than accepting his faith like what really happen.

I always felt the scene with Axel/Roxas happen right after Axel faded away which lead to Roxas opening his eyes at the beginning of it. Plus the fact Roxas said Sora was waiting for him potentially for a fight so shrug.

Axel left because in theory, his mission was to come back with Roxas so him being the cheeky guy he is felt like his job was never done even when Roxas/Sora merged. I don't think the organization cared whether they got Roxas back or he merged with Sora because either way there is an active keyblade wielder that they can manipulate. That's why I felt they just sent Axel alone to fetch him because either Axel once again shows his worth in doing the Org's mission or he dies and they find out he isn't suited to be one of the 13 darkness.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back