• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Evil Within, Mikami's new survival horror game

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Some of the scenes in this game are going to be crazy disturbing.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
but.....survival horror is dead

it appears to be undead

anyway, from what taochan posted, it looks like its gonna be wicked as long as it doesn't prioritize on action like every other survival-horror franchise (because developers don't understand the surviving and horror is void when you're punching zombies and packing an always-full artillery).

Zen

Silver Member
Awards
(because developers don't understand the surviving and horror is void when you're punching zombies and packing an always-full artillery).

That's where you're wrong. Developers are more than aware of how to do actual survival horror games, they just opt not to because they don't believe they will sell very well.

[video=youtube;d-P5Qm0zkV4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-P5Qm0zkV4&feature=player_embedded[/video]

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/04/22/the-evil-within-first-look

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show

It sounds a bit like a mix between Silent Hill and Rise of Nightmares so far. Although I do agree that that trailer is trying a little too hard I'm interested in seeing where this goes.

Nyangoro

Break the Spell
Awards
[video=youtube;MMKhoHl9BnE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MMKhoHl9BnE[/video]

Aside from the fact that this looks like the PS3/360 build, it's looking pretty solid.

Roronoa Zoro

Always on the lookout for aliens
Don't really see why you should care but I might b
It looks good but I'm not one that's easy to scare. Slender freaked me out alot but I doubt this game will mainly because of the shooter elements, and the way some of the enemies attack you. They're just freaky looking monsters that run at you for the most part. Bout as scary as Kingdom Hearts.

MegaxXxman

Yes there is a shooter element in the game but from what I've seen and heard the enemies that you fight have some much unpredictability to how or if you can kill them it leaves you wondering if you should try to kill them or run and gun to get away.

Shadow Fenix

I 'Member
Awards
This game is the best. It has mediocre performance even on PS4 and the black bars are annoying, but the gameplay is ace.

Can you explain what you mean by this? I mean glad the gameplay rocks, I'm sure it would anyway, but what performance issues does it have?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back