• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

>>The Escape<<

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yeshallbeasgods

Apolocee nodded towards Jonathon, muttering a quick: "Be careful." before running down the hall. By now, her jumpsuit was soaked and she was shivering uncontrollably. But that didn't stop her, nothing could now. She was tired of being the governments plaything, everybody was. She spotted someone down the hall towards her left and recognized them as Kaiser.

"This way!" Apolocee yelled towards him, waving her arm above her head. Instead of waiting, she ran towards him, tripping over the to large and water heavy sneakers TSR had issued her. Kicking them off, Apolocee pulled herself up onto her feet and walked by Kaiser.

"Need help getting those off?" She looked pointedly towards the cuffs around his wrists. Reaching into the pocket of her suit, she pulled out a small sturdy little wire.

"I picked the lock on my cell earlier today, that way I wouldn't have to fight with it when it came time to escape." She explained.

Dowhax

Bronze Member
Shinji woke up from all the noise that was going on outside. A headache was kicking in, but he tried not to think of it. He forced himself over to the door, as he saw guards run off. "..I wonder what's going on..fire drill?" wondered Shinji to himself. He then remembered about the escape plan. "Oh right..! It's today, I think.."

Shinji looked outside his cell both directions as much as he could see. "Hello? Anyone there?" called Shinji, hoping one of his friends would bale him out. He was useless with the chip on his neck, and he didn't want to take it out if there was a special way to remove it.

Sparks

gone
Amber wasn't asleep. She didn't even feel tired after the experimenting today. She took out her diary under the mattress and looked in the mirror in the front cover. A large bruise was hidden under her bangs, it hurt immensely. Flipping through the pages of her diary she looked at a few drawings and ideas, but none of them would've worked. She was too young and inexperienced at the time when she made them. Her fingers ran across the rough paper as she heard a fire alarm go off.
"Ooh fun." She said smirking. Smirking was still a form of smiling just..... more mischivious.
She checked her door to make sure it wasn't guarded, and luckily it wasn't. She ran outside and saw tons of people, guards and kids running around frantically. Sighing Amber looked for people who were lost and searched for a door that led outside. Agents were everywhere, and she ran into one quickly. It took her longer than expected to get out of her room so she could see some people already finding ways to escape. Alice and Dawn were running through a door into the outside world. Amber looked around to make sure no guards were following them.

Mr. Wilhelm

Also Sprach Zarathustra
Website
www.animus-sorrow.org
--- TSR Centre ---

[FONT=&quot]Julie was sitting in her cell. There was a plan to escape made by the others teen, but she didn’t even know this plan existed. Since she had developed the ability to control others people, she had been treated like some dog having a terribly deadly disease that everyone feared to catch. To bring her food six men minimum came, wearing something like armor in the hope to be immune to her power. While it didn’t immunize them, she wasn’t foolish enough to try, as if she did it one of them, the five other would beat her down. She hadn’t seen any other kids since then too, as when she passed in a corridor; she was surrounded by so many guards that even a fly couldn’t contact her. And her door was always protected by again five different people at once, to prevent her from escaping thanks to her power, ordering a guard to free her for example.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Nevertheless despite all of this, tonight five of her four guards left. She heard a lot of sound and something was obviously going on, only an emergency situation would have leaded the guards to leave their spot. Hearing voices of teens she heard before, she figured out what was happening. She then decided to use her power, only one guard remaining. The guard being pretty weak minded, she seems to be able to manipulate him for long enough to get out of here. First, she orders him mentally to open her cell, and then he gives her a cloak with a hood that she can put on her to get out easily. She had imagined thousands of time how she’d use her powers to get out if ever there was a fire in the facility. No fire, but at least she wouldn’t be alone. In this emergency situation, is she kept her cloak and remained near a guard like if she worked with him, no one would suspect that she is in fact escaping[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]“Get me out of here please.” She said to the mind controlled guard who nodded. They went a bit in the corridors, and she passed by Shinji’s cell who called for if there was anyone. She briefly saw him before, but since how shy and anti-social she has always been, she didn’t really know him, as for every others kid. She was going to say to the guard to open his cell. She hesitated for a second, as he could make her lose her protection if another guard saw them, but didn’t hesitate longer; she couldn’t leave anyone in this hell.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]“Open his door.” She ordered to the guard quickly, who does so.[/FONT]

--- Government’s Genetic Engineering Research (G²ER) Facility ---

[FONT=&quot]Mister Virgil was inside a government facility dedicated to the study of the human genome, especially the genes of some beings, the engineering genetic, and those kinds of things. This facility was only a few years old and for the most part under his commandment, although he didn’t spend much time inside it. To be true the current President was making his life hell, trying to lower down his power in the different government’s section, what Virgil stopped to care about, the next elections being soon enough, and so the President gone at the same time. For now, he was listening to a scientist’s report about his last research on some of those genomes, when he received a call from an old friend working at the Ministry of Defense, about the next Presidential Election. Virgil himself didn’t participate in it, there was no point considering his situation to do so, but he had interest to try to modify the result, especially to not see some people winning it, such as the current President. And this phone call was exactly to warn him that the Senator of Florida, one of those people that mustn’t get power, had decided to be candidate for the election. The Senator was a person very based on moral, protection of human’s right, and a good person in every aspect of the word. While it didn’t bother him, it bothered him to imagine his reaction at the discovery of some top secret project when he’ll be elected, such as what contains the Area 51, or the TSR Project.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]“Jeez, speak of a good new.” he replied to the call and thought “I cannot allow him to do so… I’ll send some murderer after him, since he doesn’t look like the kind of man who’d accept money.” then finished his phone callI’ll take care of it once I’ll be done here. Meanwhile just contact George to warn him he’ll have some clean-up and coverage job to do soon enough at the next reunion of the Senate.” he told him and ended the call, just to receive another one from the TSR Centre this time. The TSR was the project he was interested in the most, but he couldn’t bear the director at all. He answered in sighing to the secretary who was phoning “What is it again? I already told you I do not want to be annoyed except if it is for an emergency or important situation…” he said, and heard the secretary telling her about the kids that are escaping from the Centre.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]“…… I guess this define important.” he said and looked around. He wasn’t going to be able to finish to listen to the reports, not that it bothered him much since the advancement done recently in this sector were kind of weak. “I’ll send Jack to the Centre for now, and I’ll come later on. But, I mean, please don’t say me you’re unable to stop a bunch of stupid kid to escape… Whatever-” he told her and got interrupted by her, embarrassed but still needing to do her jobs “Well, tell the director that I am busy, I cannot waste my time coming like a lapdog just because he desires every good will to come & try to fix the disaster his low security level just created.” he said and ended the call. Even though he didn’t show it, the new was a shock to him. The TSR project was the key point in his plan, and if the kids were to escape, it could possibly delay his plans for another 20 years, what was unacceptable. He called Jack and two other men, those two outfitted in classical black suit while Jack rather wore a long black coat. He had an idea, one to hit two birds with a stone. His Senator was going to be pretty useful in fact.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]“Jack, you go to the TSR Centre with 10 Sweepers. Call the secretary and she’ll explain you what’s the situation on the way. You two -” he turned to the two other guys “Special work for you. Access the TSR file and search for the three guinea pigs that look like they have the most potential to become leaders, to be head of groups. And chose them in those I personally saw at the Centre preferably. Give me the files of one of them. For the other two, madness and spy.” He said, what meant nothing to common peoples but apparently meant something to those two men who nodded. The three of them left, and then a little while after Mr. Virgil went to his car to go to the airport, destination Washington D.C.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

Dowhax

Bronze Member
Shinji sighed with relief when he saw Julie come up to his cell with a guard being forced to obey, Shinji's thought's about the shy, timid girl he knew were wrong, and she was actually more aggressive . Adrenaline started rushing through his body, after the gaurd opened his door. The boy quickly grabbed the man and hit the guard's head against the wall, making him unconcious. "Thanks Julie!" smiled Shinji, which quickly turned to a look of worry. "Is everyone else ok? The scientists were forcing me to use my powers for four days, so I may not be totally up to mark on using my powers." explained the young man. "Do you know if were supposed to meet somewhere?" His eyes were slightly red as he tried to hold back a yawn. He then remembered the chip on his neck. "Oh and could you please take this chip off the back of my neck?"

kronosdragon

KD sat alone in her cell, reclined against the wall in the shadowed corner. She had her eyes closed, but every other sense was on high alert. Her ears picked up any small sound in the hall outside her door, from the scuffling of the guard's boots to the swish of a lab coat. She breathed softly, shallowly, so her heart rate and breathing wouldn't interfere. She sat with her arms crossed, knees to her chin and head bowed slightly forward.

I can hear them outside these empty walls...I've been here for far too long...

She slowly opened her deep brown eyes, glazed over in concentration.

There have been rumors going around...whispers of a stirring within the other test subjects.

She shifted her weight to her knees, then stood up, her blood red coat dangling around her ankles. She shoved her hands in her pockets and stared at the floor.

They should be here soon.

As if on cue, the door to her dark cell opened, shedding a beam of light over her lithe form. She looked into the cold eyes of a man wearing a lab coat.

"Come on now, time for your daily routine."

KD nodded pensively, and quietly followed the man out. He scribbled something down on the clipboard in his hands, a slightly troubled expression on his face.

"We need to get you talking more often, my dear. You're too quiet."

KD remained silent. Adamant. Emotionless. She did not speak when she did not deem it necessary. Idle chatter bothered her. It was a waste of breath.
The scientist walked her past a few other cells. She didn't look to either side, keeping her eyes facing forward. She had been through the routine many times before, and she would do it again.

"Now, invoke love."

KD looked at the guard placed before her in the otherwise empty room. She had several monitoring chips placed over her forehead, chest and wrists. She looked into the guard's eyes and stretched her mind toward him, just barely brushing his to deposit the feeling of love in his mind. Within an instant, he was sighing and looking at her with soft eyes. She remained silent through the procedure, as she was instructed to induce hatred, fear, depression, and joy, among other feelings. She herself felt nothing. She had been through this before. It was always the same old thing. Run tests. Take blood. Run tests. Study abilities. Run tests. Send her back to her cell. Let her rest, then start all over again. So was the life KD had known since she was just a young girl.

When the day was through, she was led back to her cell and locked in once again, like a monster. She was one of the more "well-behaved" subjects. She never fought. She never tried escaping. She was always obedient and never strayed from the course. But she knew one day that it would all change. She longed for something more, something beyond the blank walls and silent halls of the facility. She longed for freedom, but she would have to be patient.

Good things come to those who wait...

(How's that for a first post? Not too much I hope...)

Kiba

Ours is the Fury
Awards
They had been waiting in the clearing as planned. David had set his guitar down next to a tree and tried with failed attempts to awaken Chris from his unconsciousness. They would switch off at different intervals, first Capell, then David, and then Darius. "Where do you think Dawn is? Alice was with her too right?" Capell had asked the entire group after a couple seconds of arriving. "Yea... I thought they would be here by now..." David replied. He tried once again to wake Chris but still no luck. "Damn..." He said as Capell suggested, "Hey David, how about you and me go look for the others? You're power could come in handy." David nodded and stood up.

"Darius, keep an eye on Chris will ya?" He asked before they had left. "We should probably make sure they got out all right..." David looked worried. He didn't want any of them to be left behind, let alone be killed... He walked off, back towards the prison, not waiting to see if Capell followed him.

Awards
Before he left Capell shook Chris one more time. "Still nothing, they must have pushed him pretty hard." He sighed and caught up to David. "They let you keep that guitar right? They never let me have anything in my room. Although that's most likely because I always flung things at the scientists." He chuckled a bit at himself. "Ya know, I've been thinking. Even though they never told us anything back at that hell hole, they must have motives. Now if it was as simple as them just running tests on us then it would be easy, however they also make many of us go through combat training. Now look at Siri and others like her. They work for the TSR. The only thing I can gather from that is the government wants us for something." Capell stopped talking and stretched his arms." So, they make you go through any kind of training like that?"

Oathkeeper(:

Taylor sat in the clearing with the others, wringing her soaked hair out onto the ground. She bit her tongue when the others decided to go back and look for the rest of the escapees.

She figured she should stay behind and keep an eye on...Chris, was it? Plus, if anyone else, good or bad, showed up, someone would need to hold the fort down. That someone just so happened to be Taylor.

She sighed as she leaned her back against a nearby tree. This was going to be a long night.

King Wolfe

Basically... Run
Awards
As Chris laid unconscious on the floor memories of his past flooded in. A young 6 year old Chris stood in front of a woman adorned in a white lab-coat, she looked weary but had a smile on her face, she began to speak but a much larger man interrupted her, "You will be referred to as Test Subject 456-700A, you WILL complete our request without so much as a whimper, do you hear me?" He shouted in his ear, Chris thought he was a poopy-head.

Weeks later he was put to the test, he was assigned to put small animals to sleep, he put 500 hamsters, 759 dogs, 40 monkeys, 23 giraffes, and 2 elephants to sleep.. In two weeks. He was exhausted but they pushed him to the limits, soon he tortured convicts, men, woman, the elderly, the crippled, the mentally disabled anyone they could get their hands on, he had to do it. It was hell.

He woke up and jerked forward breathing heavily, his eye still hurt but he ignored it, wiping the blood from his eyes, or as he called it, 'Devil's Tears', he looked at Taylor and smirked meekly. Bloody tears were an odd sight, it occurred because the quickest center point to start the illusion are his eyes, a lot of energy bursts into his eyes, if he overuses them he pops blood vessels and cries blood, they heal rather quickly though. At 13 he was injected with a protein that repairs eye-sight and any eye-damage, he was fine, but it still hurt.

He leaned back on a rock beside Taylor, "Where did the others go?" He prayed they were all right.

kronosdragon

KD heard alarms going off in a distant part of the facility. She sat up in bed and listened intently. It was an alarm that seemed fairly common nowadays, as several of the other inhabitants tried to escape. It had been going off for a long time now. She scowled to herself.

What's taking them so long to shut that damned thing off? I can't even rest in peace anymore!

She huffed and leaned back on her pillow. When the alarms still didn't stop going off for a few more minutes, she growled and got out of bed. She decided to test the door, and just as she pulled on the handle, the door unlocked from the outside and flew open. A scientist barged in, his lab coat flapping. He seemed pleased to see her.

"Oh good, you're still here. How would you like to help us round up a bunch of young hooligans who tried to escape?"

KD, though she didn't show it, was surprised by the proposition. She saw this as her chance; she finally had a chance at freedom! She nodded slowly, careful not to reveal her intentions as she stepped into the light and walked out into the hallway.

"We believe they're heading for the nearest exit. Intercept them there. You will be greatly rewarded if you successfully capture them."

KD nodded again, her lips sealed shut. She maintained her cool demeanor as she was led to the nearest intersection of hallways.

"Head down that way. With your speed, you should be able to intercept them easily."

KD gave him a nod of understanding and started running down the hall. Little did he know that he wouldn't be seeing her again.

KD ran as fast as her legs would carry her. She didn't possess super-speed, but she was light and fleet-footed. She discovered this during combat training many years ago. She looked straight ahead and saw the nearest exit come into view. She didn't wait for anyone to come by, as she should have. She bolted right through the door, and out into the cool air. She continued running, barely short of breath, until she reached a stand of trees. She sat down, leaning against a tree. She couldn't believe she had actually made it out. She then heard movement somewhere nearby, and looked around. She slowly crept toward the sound, and came across a small clearing. She could make out the silhouettes of people.

Others? They made it out?

She crept through some vegetation and stayed low, keeping out of sight, in case it was a trap. In the clearing sat a group of figures, one seeming to be unconscious. She recognized them as some of the other test subjects. She watched them with cautious eyes, debating whether or not to show herself. When she saw one get up and start back toward the building, she made her decision. She ducked low into the vegetation and made her way up a tree, sitting up in one of the higher branches. She looked down at the figure moving rapidly back toward the facility.

What is he doing? He's going to get himself killed...

Another figure caught up to the first, and they seemed to be talking. KD decided it would be best that she didn't show herself at the moment. It could easily cause problems, even death on her part. So she kept herself hidden in the tree, hoping no one would see her perched like a great bird of prey.

Amalthea

When in doubt: C4.
“Where in , that’s for sure”

“You got that right,” Siri replied, climbing out of her bed. “I’m glad you’re okay, though. I don’t think I could live with myself if those little punks hurt you.”

Siri quickly grabbed her belt and strapped it back on. Then she walked up to Ardri, and wrapped her in her arms, something she hadn’t done in months.

“I’m so glad you’re safe, Ardri,” Siri whispered. Then she kissed Ardri on the cheek and walked out of the room and down the hall, heading for the meeting room where she was sure there was some plan forming to get the punks back.

Kenpachi

Zeke was asked to look for the escapees, Zeke came to the TSR to make something to cover his eyes so that his powers don't hit everyone that comes near him. also, to find out something.

Zeke appeared from an exit and saw some of them in the dark, he ran past a tree that he thought that he saw someone in, he stopped "My eyes must be killing me." he took off farther away from the facility, facing it so that they would see him when they decided to run.

Aliahya

Bronze Member
As Siri wrapped her arms around her, Ardri held her waist close. Sighing silently, she missed these moments her two jobs took up many hours of each day that it was almost impossible for each other to steal moments in time for one another. “I love you,” she said as she watched Siri walk down the hallway to the meeting room. She took a moment to gather her senses Ardri didn’t know what she would do with out Siri in her life. Ever since the day they met they had been inseparable, many saw them as best friends but it was so much more the just friendship. As Ardri walked out of the hallway to the meeting hall a large sect of nostalgia clouded her mind. But she couldn’t settle for one memory.

As she entered the meeting room she took a seat next to Siri “No matter what were in this together” she squeezed her hand in a way of affection. Together they waited for the telling off by the head of the Unit, no matter how hard it would be Ardri swore to herself that she would end Darius and David no matter what it took. She would kill them. Never had she been as angry in her life. Looking out the window in deep thought she wondered if she could stretch her powers. She wondered if she could cancel their powers for good? Then they would feel the real power of electrocution. They will be ended no matter what it took.

Kiba

Ours is the Fury
Awards
"They let you keep that guitar right? They never let me have anything in my room. Although that's most likely because I always flung things at the scientists." David heard Capell say as the other boy caught up to him. He smiled, returning to his normal cheery and warm self. "Yea," He answered. "I don't understand why either... they just did..." He said smiling. "Ya know, I've been thinking. Even though they never told us anything back at that hell hole, they must have motives. Now if it was as simple as them just running tests on us then it would be easy, however they also make many of us go through combat training. Now look at Siri and others like her. They work for the TSR. The only thing I can gather from that is the government wants us for something." Capell continued." So, they make you go through any kind of training like that?"

David laughed and stopped walking. "Sort of," He began. "When I first entered the 'institution' they taught me the basics of fighting. I spent hours in what they called classes learning how to use my ability to... Well they never told me but I deduced it was to train me in infiltration... Then recently my ability... I don't know... 'Evolved'. I gained this-- what'd they call it-- oh right a Sonic Scream... Sort of like an EMP blast but on humans. That make sense..." They had finally arrived at the forests edge and the institution was in sight. "I don't see Dawn or Alice..." He said staying below some of the ferns for cover.

<3

Call me Love, love.
Alice took Dawn's hand guiding them both towards the woods, the only cover she could see amongst them. Dawn's heart beat raced in her chest, however, she felt calm around Alice's authority. Her actions and words were direct and painless. Something Dawn was not familiar with, even within her own mind.

She glanced down at her bare feet through damp, blue bangs noticing how much they already ached. "Nothing in life comes without pain." She mused.

Alice came to a standstill, giving Dawn some time to catch up to the taller girls strides. The noises she made as she stood frozen under the treetops gave Dawn the impression she was concentrating. Her thoughts had paused her judging by the speed her nostrils flared. A premonition?“The most I know,” she told Dawn. “Is that we need to go North.”

Alice tugged on her arm, but Dawn stayed put. She had heard the footsteps long ago, yet she was too caught up in her own analysis of the girl in front of her. "You're wrong." She said quietly, eyes still pointed towards the green earth.

"Two boys have already escaped, they stand not 50 feet from here. They don't see us." Now Dawn raised her head. Her trust in Alice increasing. "Perhaps we should walk towards them? West from here, I think..." She concluded as she now tugged Alive to the left, still covered by the leafy trees.

The twigs underneath her feet crackled at touch, a sound Dawn remembered far to well. Her eyes glazed over as she continued, Alice behind her, towards the two boys. Including the one who had called out her name. This was intriguing to Dawn. Her time spent around the other children was limited, by choice and also force. Her helmet disabled the ability of speech and all she had was sounds.

"What I would do to hear some music now." She thought back to those rare times she heard the smooth chords of an acoustic guitar travel through the air, somehow, reaching inside her cell. Though, she gathered those days were now over. Whoever was so artistically skilled was probably far away now, or still inside TSR.

Dawn sighted the two boys backs, pausing there to let Alice take the lead. Her attachment to Alice was about the only one she expected to make, at least, not when it came to males.

kronosdragon

KD quietly watched and waited. She climbed up higher into the tree and crouched on another branch, looking out through the trees toward the facility.

I wonder...if I should go back...

After all, that building was the only place she's ever known. The only place that housed her, clothed her, kept her relatively warm and safe. It was as close to a home as she would get. They may even give her a better room if she were to return with a few escapees in tow.

But they all tried so hard to escape...there must be something out here worth fighting for. Maybe I can make a home for myself out here, where I don't have to do tests every day.

She felt a twinge of sadness creep into her heart, but she pushed it away before anyone nearby could feel it too. The last thing she wanted right now was to be spotted. She wrapped her trenchcoat around her form and waited. She could no longer see the two figures that had started back toward the facility, so she kept her eyes on the ones below her in the clearing. Every now and then, she would look around for any pursuers that may have come out of the building to chase them down. A few guards were walking aimlessly around, but she made sure they posed no threat, making them so horribly depressed that they didn't even have the energy to properly keep watch. One even sat down and stared at the ground.

She looked down at the unconscious body against the tree. She wondered if the boy would be alright.

Amalthea

When in doubt: C4.
Siri easily heard Ardri’s whispered “I love you,” as she walked down the hall. She would have answered, but she already had tears in her eyes from the moment they had just shared and the fact that she had been so worried.

“No matter what were in this together” It was amazing how much those simple words helped her control herself. Knowing that Ardri was beside her in this made everything just slightly better, even the fact that she had failed.

The two of them sat hand-in-hand through their boss’s telling-off of them. Of course, they weren’t the only ones at fault, but they were two of the higher ups, so it was more their fault than the others’. Once they were released, however, she walked out the door with Ardri at her side, and decided they really needed another moment alone before they had to get to the nasty business of finding the brats. Siri felt it was important they have a chance to be together one more time just in case something awful happened. So, she led Ardri to her bunk-room.

Alice was surprisingly already starting to trust Dawn. The girl’s sound manipulation ability came in handy really well. She had no problem following Dawn to the West, but was a little surprised when the other girl hung back just before they stepped out from behind the brush toward the boys, simply so Alice could take the lead. But, since she could see that Dawn was still nervous about being around others, Alice went ahead and led the way through the trees.

“Hello,” she called once she was in the boys’ line of sight. Oh yeah, how original, she told herself, but she really wasn’t sure what else to say.

Kiba

Ours is the Fury
Awards
"Hello!" Came a voice from their left. David turned slightly and smiled as Alice and Dawn appeared, the voice coming from Alice. "What," David joked. "No: 'We come in peace?'" He chuckled and looked around. "We should get back to the clearing... By the way, this is Capell, in case you haven't met."

He walked quickly through the foliage and finally arrived at the clearing. He noticed Chris was awake and smiled, "We found em." He said sitting down beside his guitar case. "Now what?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back