• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

>>The Escape<< (Sign Up/OoC)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yeshallbeasgods

The Story

The government has set up a secret research organization called Technical Studies and Research: TSR. It captures children that have abilities outside of human recognition and tests them to learn what in the brain triggers this in an attempt to learn how to enable this ability in other humans. All the teenagers in TRO's custody were captured at a young age, between seven years old and ten years old. Their families eliminated upon the children's capture, the only people the teens now have in this world are each other. Bonds were grown early in life as they were all ripped away from the warm and familiar and stuck together.

During a fire drill, several teens start looking around outside and soon gather the idea of an escape. Passing along the word to the others, soon, they had a plan. Hardly developed, the plan was doomed to fail but desperate, the teens worked together at every lunch period and soon had ideas in place. The guards are on high alert, feeling like something is going to happen. The safety on the guns are all off, highly trained soldiers patrol every corridor. Now all that left is... The Escape.

The Powers

Power - Any are allowed to be chosen as a starting power
~~~ Evolution - An evolution can be chosen as a starting power, but you relinquish the previous ability.

Special Senses - You can sense what a person is like when you meet them. What they have done, what they're planning, weather their good or bad. It's like, seeing a card face-down on a table and knowing that it's the King of Spades. You can sense danger and changes in the weather. Stuff like that.
~~~Sonic scream - Nothing to it except a high pitched Sonic Scream. It can blow out the hearing of anyone in a fifty foot radius. The result is only temporary (about an hour) but you'll have a ring in your ears for days afterward.
~~~ Profiler Ability - You can deduce a person's personality to a certain degree, allowing to know them better and to think somehow like them if needed, leading to deduce their plans with a certain percentage of probability.

Premonition
- You can see in the future. Nothing special, like real visions, you know what's coming because something in your mind tells you so. Similar to special senses, but you can get a more detailed outlook. Like... where the bad weather will happen... or... why the danger will occur.
~~~Illusion - You can change how others perceive the area. One with a strong mental capacity can even add scents and a breeze. The downside being, it takes alot out of a person and you'll need good concentration to be able to hold the illusion.

Telepathy- You get glimpses of people's thoughts. You can't dig deep in there, you can skim their outer thoughts. Like... their exact thoughts at that very moment.
~~~Mind control - Simply put, temporary control over ones mind. Depending on your strength, you can control them for two minutes up to half an hour. You can make them protect you, fight for you, whatever. Just keep in mind GM-ing for the protection of other players.

Object Manipulation - nothing special. You can turn on the lights when you walk in a building, you can move things a few feet, and you can raise things off the ground within a 50 foot radius. You can't move people. It's this whole universe thing about free will.
~~~Elemental Control - You have partial control over the elements. You can makes a river flood a bit, spark a fire or spread one a few feet out, etc.
~~~Healing Aura - Can be used to heal minor wounds. But major wounds use a lot of energy and can lead to fainting.

Self Manipulation - an off shoot of object manipulation Rather than the ability to manipulate objects around one's self, this is the power to alter the physical and chemical properties of anything containing one's own DNA, and hold control over it. This power has a wide range of uses, such as growing extra limbs, and cell regeneration
~~~ Transformation - Can completely alter ones DNA to such extremes that one can Physically transform into any thing they want as long as they have seen it before. They must have seen it. Limited to human transformations and the form must be retained for a couple of hours. No changing forms in between.

Power Cancellation ~Limited to one or two people~ Pretty much self-explanatory, the wielder of this power can cancel powers used against them.

Astral Projection - You can create another one of yourself in time of need, the trouble is that you have control yourself and your astral self.

Sound Manipulation - You can manipulate sound. A change in the sounds perceived by your enemies will confuse them, long enough for you to gain an advantage or escape.

Probability Manipulation - You can manipulate probability, and you have a chance of turning things in your favor.

Once you get further in the story, your powers may advance. And there's a limit to the Object Manipulation ability. I only want two or three people. That's subject to change, depending on how popular The Escape becomes.

And we also need a leader. To be leader, just call it out. And the government is free game. If you have an idea for them, go ahead and feel free to use them.

And remember, that not everyone has to be an escapee. There can be traitors and pursuers, etc. You're not restricted to an escaped teen.

Rules

1. No GM-ing
2. No power playing
3. No character killing unless you agreed upon it with the player of the character whom you are killing
4. No excessive swearing
5. Obey the general rules of the forum
6. Relationships are encouraged but keep it PG-13
7. Be semi-literate. If one-liners are unavoidable, make up for it later. If you can't think of something, write out your characters feelings, how the area looks, etc...

Template

Name: (you don’t know your last name)
Power: (pick one from above)
Appearance: (A link please)
Personality:
Strengths:
Weaknesses:
Fears:
History: (not optional)
Other:

Cast
Yeshallbeasgods - Apolocee
Dowhax - Shinji
Piercing Light - Capell
Flower - Bryson, Rosa
Amalthea - Alice, Siri
Mr. Wilhelm - Julie, Ansel Virgil
Chromatic - Kaiser
Kibamaru18 - David
kingdomkeylight - Alex
Oathkeeper:) - Taylor
Chaos - Jonathan, Hope
Ember - Amber
Ultima Legion - Darius
Kenpachi - Zeke
King Wolfe - Chris
<3 - Dawn
Aliahya - Ardri
Endless Warrior Sora - Kuno
kronosdragon - KD
Alliances

Last edited:

Dowhax

Bronze Member
This is very interesting! Let me write a bio:

Name: Shinji Miyamoto
Power: Object Manipulation
Appearance: (This is the only pic I could find close enough: http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l209/Izzyvi/Black-haired boys/anime.jpg ) , but since you can't see the bottom half, he wears blue jeans with black shoes.

Personality: He's somewhat closed minded, even though he doesn't mind hanging out with his friends. He keeps to himself, making small statements if there's trouble near by.

Strengths: He can move heavier objects if he's not stressed and can think clearly.

Weaknesses: If he is under stress and can't keep a clear mind, it's harder for him to move some of the heavier objects.
Fears: His biggest as of now is not making out of their prison alive. And if his mom and dad are ok.

History: Shinji lived in a small community away from the big city. It was always quiet and he loved the peace and tranquility of the surrounding lands. He would go out in the fields and sit under one of the big trees to get good long naps or watch Earth as it is intended. And since there was no one around his home, he helped his dad move some of the heavier things with his manipulative powers. But everything soon changed when some F.B.I agents came to his home, asking his mom and dad if they or him were 'different'. They denied, but the F.B.I had sattelite footage of Shinji moving objects, and they arrested the boy, taking him away from his family. Now he lives in a single cell by himself, with a small chip on the back of his neck to keep him from using his power.

((is that good? I didn't know what you meant by 'Other' for the bio))

Endless Warrior Sora

Return of the Kid
Awards
I want IN. I didnt even finish reading I just know I want in. I read like...the first sentence and I...oh? what? You KNOW i want in? I didn't say it before? I DID? oh...Right.

Yeshallbeasgods

Looks good! And Other was just if there was something you wanted to add that didn't fit anywhere else. And of course, you're welcome to join Endless.

Name: Apolocee
Power: Special Senses
Appearance: http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k304/Selina_Snape/technogirl.jpg
Personality: Serious and determined, Apolocee works hard for what she wants. Apolocee is slightly anti-social and takes awhile to get along with people.
Strengths: Apolocee knows how to use her powers at will, making things easier for her.
Weaknesses: Using her powers to much, leaves Apolocee physically exhausted.
Fears: Apolocee is terrified of finding that they'll never be able to get away from TSR.
History: Apolocee was born in Florida, near the beach. Her parents weren't wealthy but they were comfortable. Raising her as a musician, Apolocee was performing for her grade school by the time she was kidnapped. While her powers had barely manifested at that point, it had been far to easy for TSR to pose as talent agents and draw Apolocee away. Taken far away from her home, not knowing what happened to her family, Apolocee was raised by the government and her powers manipulated to help find other children like herself.

======================================

Name: Julian Connors
Power: None
Appearance: http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k304/Selina_Snape/1224936445_7541_full1-1.jpg
Personality: Laidback and somewhat carefree, Julian has his own priorities in mind. He keeps a firm grip on what is right and wrong and doesn't much care for TSR's use of the teens or kidnapping them.
Strengths: Julian is kind and it makes it easy for him to interact with the teens, add to that, his research at TSR make him invaluable to them.
Weaknesses: Julian can be somewhat reckless in what he does
Fears: Julian fears that he'll be caught and executed for what he does behind the scenes.
History: (Will write before he's used.........)

Last edited:

Dowhax

Bronze Member
Ya, I just didn't know after a certain number of pages we can reuse our powers, but I understand, that won't be a problem for me! ^^

Awards
A bit better then the other eh?

Name: Capell Susuki

Power: Object Manipulation
Elemental Control - You have partial control over the elements. You can makes a river flood a bit, spark a fire or spread one a few feet out, etc.
Healing Aura - Can be used to heal minor wounds. But major wounds use a lot of energy and can lead to fainting.

Personality: Capell is the kind of guy you would like to have around, He tries to maintain a positive attitude and is always looking out for his allies. Capell hates to see others in pain, especially those close to him. He believes that friendship is the most powerful thing in the world and is something that is always worth fighting for. He can be a bit absent minded sometimes, but he is very intelligent and a great leader. Capell has a strong (If not over developed) sense of justice and can't stand people who think they can get away with anything. This has gotten him in trouble on more than one occasion, as he can get overly emotional.

Appearance: Capell is "6' feet tall and has light blond spiky hair that he hardly takes care of. His eyes are hazel and clear. He has a face that, bluntly speaking seems like it was carved from the dreams of a thousand angels. He has a smile that could calm a raging hurricane and inspire hope. Capell has an average build but is stronger than he looks. He wears a standard TSR outfit

Strengths: A well trained fighter, knows how to keep a level head under pressure.
Weaknesses: Can be a bit of an air head sometimes, and flirty women...
Fears: Losing his friends.

History: When Capell was born his mother died in birth. Afterwards his father took care of him alone. They would move periodically to different cities, when Capell asked why his father just told him something like "its not safe here anymore". His father always told him that one day he would explain everything when he was older. When Capell was 8 one day his father ran into his room, he told him that "they" had found them. He told him to "just do as they say and don't forget who you are". Just then men barged in and shot his father, before Capell could even let out a scream they knocked him out. The next day he woke up in the TSR building.

Last edited:

Yeshallbeasgods

That's my hope anyway, to make it better than the original. And glad to see Capell back! Just remember that all three can't be had right from the get-go. Since the Elemental Control and Healing Aura are evolutions of the Object Manipulation ability.

Eva

~ &#9829;~ Grand Summoner~ &#9829;~
Awards
Name: Bryson
Power: Power Cancellation
Appearance: He is the boy
Personality: Flirtateous [sp?] and cocky, Bryson always has a level head. He has little respect for authority, is rebellious, and tends to slack off. He's considered a skirt chaser (which he himself admits), and loves flirting with the ladies.
Strengths: He used to lift weights, and thus is stronger than the usual teenager.
Weaknesses: Women. And any inormation about his lost sister.
Fears: He fears the fate of his sister int he hands of the TSR.
History: Both he and Rosa were taken from their class when they were seven years old. Having only each other, the two were soon ripped apart to be experimented on; Bryson never saw Rosa after this. After striking a deal with the TSR, he began to work secretly for them, but his rebellious streak often had them questioning his way.
Other: He and Rosa are fraternal twins.

Name: Rosa
Power: Healing Aura
Appearance: She is the girl
Personality: Cold and quiet, Rosa tends to keep to herself. On the inside she is a fightened individual who is lost because of her amnesia. She does her best not to express her emotions, and even if she trusts someone she still keeps quiet. She usually has a forlorn look, and rarely smiles.
Strengths: Because of her healing ability, Rosa has developed a kind of numbness to pain. Her healing ability excels most others'.
Weaknesses: She sometimes gets terrible headaches, and gets frightened easily. Unfortunately, her healing ability tends to take a lot of energy out of her.
Fears: She fears animals and strangers.
History: Both he and Rosa were taken from their class when they were seven years old. Having only each other, the two were soon ripped apart to be experimented on; Rosa would never remember her brother. During one test, Rosa's struggle causes someone to malfunction, and her memories were wiped out as a result. When learning of this, the TSR kept her away from Bryson by using her as bait for him to obey them.
Other: She and Bryson are fraternal twins.

Amalthea

When in doubt: C4.
Name: Alice (Also called the Fairy)

Power: Premonition

Appearance: http://th01.deviantart.net/fs29/300W/f/2008/155/6/7/Alice_Cullen_by_MaGLIL.png

Personality: Usually quiet, but in a brooding kind of way. Wary of strangers, but fiercly protective of friends. Around friends she can be more talkative and playful, even hyper at times. Her moods change as often as the weather. Most people think of her as weak because she looks so small, but actually she can be a fierce fighter.

History: Taken by TSR at the age of eight, she doesn't remember a thing from before that time. She was kept in a center for unstable youths (crazy house for kids), where she learned to hide whenever she had a premonition. Since her capture, she has learned a few different types of martial arts.

Name: Siri

Power: Elemental Control

Appearance: http://th01.deviantart.net/fs32/300W/f/2008/219/b/d/____purple_girl_____by_larenn.jpg

Personality: Strong, and silent. She's a natural leader and fighter. She has always enjoyed a fight, especially a challenge. She prefers not to use her powers, especially when she can physically fight her way out of a situation.

History: Siri's been with TSr since she was four years old. They have trained her to be one of their agents, and she has never fought them. She has always enjoyed a fight, especially a challenge. She prefers not to use her powers, especially when she can physically fight her way out of a situation. TSY is all she has every known. From the time she turned 17 she has been helping them find and capture kids with abilities, and now with the mass breakout, her services will be needed more than ever.

Other: You don't get on Siri's nerves more than once. Ever. When she gives orders you follow them, and that's it.

Last edited:

Mr. Wilhelm

Also Sprach Zarathustra
Website
www.animus-sorrow.org
Name: Julie
Power: Mind Control
Appearance: Physical Appearance / Clothes
Personality: She is rather anti social at first towards peoples, as side effect of her shyness when she was a kid, and her ancient telepathic powers, that she couldn’t control and leaded her to read people’s minds against her will. She remains nevertheless a kind person, who takes care of her friends and can even cheer them up.
Strengths: Positive, smart, open-minded
Weaknesses: Physically weak, naïve, dreamer
Fears: Bugs, Snake, Losing control of her powers
History: She was kidnapped at the age of 7, inside of her school, where she supposedly had to see a doctor. She has been put in cruel experiment to try to read telepathically the mind of many persons at once, and even to try to discover their secret, what failed most often. It’s in resisting to those experimentations that her powers evolved into the ability to control others peoples. Before that, she depressed when she found the leader of TSR who passed in a corridor and that she caught a glimpses of his mind. She forgot, unconsciously on purpose, what she had seen.
She often tried to escape, but never succeeded. She nevertheless had in her head the full map of the centre.
Other: She has a little brother, that she never met since she was 7, and he was 3. She’d like to find him, and her parents, but the parents were killed by the TSR.

Name: Ansel Virgil
Known as: Mr. Virgil
Power: Self Manipulation / Transformation
Appearance: Physical Appearance & Clothes
Personality: Mr. Virgil is someone considering himself pretty serious in work, at least it appears so. He is a very social person, with a lot of sarcasm. He generally respects his superior what doesn’t keep his sarcasm in his mouth, he may even despise them. Considered loyal, he can switch sides in the government if his interest commands so. He is selfish, can lie for his purpose, and moral-less at first view although his morals are more complicated than it appears at first.
Strengths: Smart, Vicious, Patient.
Weaknesses: Easily anger, overconfident.
Fears:
To transform into a woman and losing his powers right after
History: Mr. Virgil worked at the government few before the creation of the TSR, as simple assistant to a ministry. Very smart, he used his capacity allied to his powers to get high in the hierarchy very quickly. When he finally mastered his transformation powers, he transformed into the President’s wife in order to acquire most top secret files of the country, providing him higher place than before and safety from ever being killed by the government. He then entered in the TSR at a high place, still pretty recent at the time, and hunted down countless children. They may have spotted him a couple times at the centre they’re detained in, but it’s unlikely they have a clear memory of him, as he never goes to see back the children he captured. He also works in others government faction and has ‘friends’ in various areas, helpful in various situations.
Knowing the kids better than anyone else, he is sent to hunt them down once more, to his greatest pleasure. He is given important means and men to help him in his task.
Other: Although the quest for more powers, whether it is political power or his own power, seems to be the driving force of his life, his real purpose remains unknown.

Chromatic

Become
Awards
Name: Kaiser
Power: Self Manipulation - Specializing an ability to manipulate his blood cells, and his circulatory system in general. But he can utter some control over other parts of himself.
Appearance: http://images1.fanpop.com/images/photos/2400000/Emo-Anime-Guy-anime-guys-2461951-300-379.jpg Stands at a rough 5’11’’, having a slim, and powerful build. His posture is normally somewhat disturbed, and unbalanced when in average situations. Yet battle tends to give him the stimulation to keep his movement under greater control, and use greater finesse. He is clad shoulder to toe by a grayish overcoat, that he leaves unzipped.
Personality: Generally, this is a term that is used to describe a certain set of behaviors derived from certain situations and emotions. Kaiser generally comes off as being a rather colorful, and eccentric individual, with various pet peeves, and likings that few others would suspect of him. Many of his actions seem to be a bit overblown, and extremely awkward. Of his number of cognitive shortcomings, is a mild social disorder, as well as ADD. Often times he is labeled as being weird, or just plane creepy in what he does, as his actions in response to the things that happen tend to be uncalled for most of the time. Such actions might consist of guilt trips, and blind accusations of the treachery of others. But overall, he tries to be a likable person, and the effort shows. He jest gets a little too overbearing at times.
Strengths: A man with good will, and surprisingly noble intentions.
Weaknesses: A bit out there, and not always paying attention, or considering things through all the way.
Fears: Many, really. Oddly, he fears the idea of love.
Bio: Kaiser, not unlike the vast majority of his peers at the compound, has completely lapsed in his memories of life outside of the walls of TSR. He was found by the government agents working for the facility while on the run from the law simply because of his powers. Of course, at the time, he had been using them for committing crimes in order to help a struggling family at home. Nonetheless, the police of his country had labeled him as a hardened criminal youth, and had been prepared to send him to their own 'specialized' facility, where they would work him into a productive member of society. It was just as he was about to be sentenced that a TSR agent spoke up to the judge, and juries, telling them that he was from an elite task force whose job it was to deal with such cases. Henceforth, he began his life with the TSR. He has contemplated escaping since then, having found himself drawn in under false pretenses. They weren't helping him, they were using him. So he waits, waits for that perfect moment, in which to break free from his chains, and leave the compound.
Other: While he is somewhat lack luster in most of his powers, his development in manipulating his blood cells is far more advanced.
Theme Music: YouTube - Re-Align - GodSmack

Dowhax

Bronze Member
Do you think you could set it up after this weekend? It's just I'm gonna be busy, and I wouldn't want to miss the opening of it! I mean you don't have to, I was just wondering.

Kiba

Ours is the Fury
Awards
Wow. This actually sounds good. ^^ I'll post a temp today! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back