The End of Pride Month thread

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Meow Wow

• Anguis Union
''Tis the last day of Pride Month so if you celebrated how did you celebrate?
What contribution or tribute did make for the LGBTQ+ community?

I personally treated it like any other month. Mainly because of different outside factors, so I couldn't really do anything.

Launchpad

unwavering duck pilot
  • Disney Royalty
  • In the Grid
  • Plum Goofy
Pride month is over but 20gayteen is still in full swing.

I've been to no events for pride month, because I feel like as a straight dude I'd kind of be in the way? I've gone out for drinks a few times with my friends, and they're mostly gay guys, so the bar scene has been pretty wild.

Harmonie

Crazy Woodwind Lady
  • Unicornis Union
I actually went to my first Pride event this afternoon. It was hot and loud, but a neat experience nevertheless. Everyone was walking around wrapped up in rainbow or transgender flags and I was kind of jealous I didn't have one. lol

alexis.anagram

最終の約束
  • News Hound
  • Keyblade Master
I don't really go to Pride events anymore, my tolerance threshold for the facade of love & acceptability they so often represent is just too low, and I've never been to a Pride event without being endangered due to my trans status or having my Indigenous presence erased (usually both) so I end up feeling like Sylvia in '73 wanting to scream out profanities directed at the "white middle-class club" and it's just not a fun experience.

I'll take any opportunity to celebrate being queer though, so I usually build a safe space with my friends or even just by myself and utilize that. I love that there have been more documentaries coming out about heroes like Marsha who have been for so long relegated to the community landfill like relics when in fact their actions and their bravery still echo and live on today. That's what Pride ought to be about, unearthing and remembering and making a point of the real political and spiritual history of the queer struggle.

edit: Oh boy, this thread made me remember I hadn't seen Strong Island yet so I thought why not cap off the month with something hard hitting and I guess I got what I asked for. Supremely well done but difficult piece of film. The intersection of questions it poses is almost overwhelming.

Last edited:

ImVentus

• Red Travels the Farthest
  • 15th Anniversary
Mostly just embraced with a few friends and had like a big doodle reunion where we celebrated with the rainbow symbol.
So small ... but nice.
But hey! At least we were making each feel loved and happy.

Meow Wow

• Anguis Union
I actually did consider coming out to my mom this month, but then she would say something that breaks the confidence I built up.

I have to vent a little bit
The mental struggle is real. It's like
"Hey, there is a month dedicated to being proud who you are. So be proud that you're Bi."
"But I'm not proud"
"But you should be"
"What if it's [insert all the questions in the book]"
"Yeah maybe not now"

TruestSyn

Bronze Member
  • Final Fantasy Type-0
  • Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance
  • Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn
  • Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 ReMIX
  • Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5+2.5 ReMIX
  • Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy
See you GAY-ter! Haha, haha....I'll leave...

But seriously, I didn't really do anything to celebrate per say, but I am an avid supporter since both my Wife and my girlfriend are bisexual and if sexualities are considered a part of the Pride month then the fact that I'm in a poly relationship would make me a part of the celebration. I don't really know what all falls under these categories anymore.

I actually did consider coming out to my mom this month, but then she would say something that breaks the confidence I built up.

I have to vent a little bit
The mental struggle is real. It's like
"Hey, there is a month dedicated to being proud who you are. So be proud that you're Bi."
"But I'm not proud"
"But you should be"
"What if it's [insert all the questions in the book]"
"Yeah maybe not now"
I'm sorry you have to struggle with that, one day you'll be able to proudly raise your head and deflect the bigotry. And if she can't accept that then she's not worth the love you'd give her. :D

Meow Wow

• Anguis Union
See you GAY-ter! Haha, haha....I'll leave...
Bi the way, that joke sucked

But seriously, I didn't really do anything to celebrate per say, but I am an avid supporter since both my Wife and my girlfriend are bisexual and if sexualities are considered a part of the Pride month then the fact that I'm in a poly relationship would make me a part of the celebration.
Huh. I didn't know that being poly was a sexuality, but then again I am pretty old fashioned when it comes to this stuff. That being said there is a lot of things I don't nessarally agree with when it comes to newer ideologies and social issues (stuff like gender, some political ideologies, and (not to throw you under the bus here Im sorry) polygamy) but in the end of the day if all parties are fine it it with and everybody and respect everybody regardless of where they lean it's not my life, so why should I care what some people choose to do in their own time (granted there is a boundary but I won't get into that here, I've rambled enough)

So in that way even though I am a closeted Bisexual, you could always consider me an ally of the LGBT community, because they are still people. What they are or believe shouldn't affect how they are treated as a human being.

I don't really know what all falls under these categories anymore.
Haha mean either

I'm sorry you have to struggle with that, one day you'll be able to proudly raise your head and deflect the bigotry. And if she can't accept that then she's not worth the love you'd give her. :D
That's probably going to be after I move out. Even then I have friends that told me that if I am kicked out I can live with them XD I doubt I would actually be kicked out tho, maybe harshly interrogated, but definitely not kicked out.

By the way guys, I'm totally going to make a 4th of July thread

Last edited:

TruestSyn

Bronze Member
  • Final Fantasy Type-0
Bi the way, that joke sucked

Huh. I didn't know that being poly was a sexuality, but then again I am pretty old fashioned when it comes to this stuff. That being said there is a lot of things I don't nessarally agree with when it comes to newer ideologies and social issues (stuff like gender, some political ideologies, and (not to throw you under the bus here Im sorry) polygamy) but in the end of the day if all parties are fine it it with and everybody and respect everybody regardless of where they lean it's not my life, so why should I care what some people choose to do in their own time (granted there is a boundary but I won't get into that here, I've rambled enough)

So in that way even though I am a closeted Bisexual, you could always consider me an ally of the LGBT community, because they are still people. What they are or believe shouldn't affect how they are treated as a human being.

Haha mean either

That's probably going to be after I move out. Even then I have friends that told me that if I am kicked out I can live with them XD I doubt I would actually be kicked out tho, maybe harshly interrogated, but definitely not kicked out.

By the way guys, I'm totally going to make a 4th of July thread
It's not polygamy, everyone who says they're against Polyamory always says polygamy. We don't marry multiple people, we date multiple people. And in me and my wife's case, we have a triad which just means we have a shared girlfriend. I don't know if you'd consider it a sexuality or a lifestyle or what but I have other poly friends who believe it flies under that flag so I have no idea.

Ballad of Caius

Put on a Happy Face
  • Final Fantasy XV
  • You've Got A Friend In Me
  • In the Grid
  • Bravely Default
  • Kingdom Hearts Unchained χ
Pride month is over but 20gayteen is still in full swing.

I've been to no events for pride month, because I feel like as a straight dude I'd kind of be in the way? I've gone out for drinks a few times with my friends, and they're mostly gay guys, so the bar scene has been pretty wild.
It's okay to join the LGBT community in Pride! You'd be considered an Ally!

Meow Wow

• Anguis Union
It's not polygamy, everyone who says they're against Polyamory always says polygamy. We don't marry multiple people, we date multiple people. And in me and my wife's case, we have a triad which just means we have a shared girlfriend. I don't know if you'd consider it a sexuality or a lifestyle or what but I have other poly friends who believe it flies under that flag so I have no idea.

Ooh. Thank you for clarifying that for me.

Since everybody in your case is consenting and fine with it than I have no problem with it. Granted I still won't nessassarally agree with it, but it's not my life, and everyone seems to be happy, so it's fine.
It's really things like cheating or unconsenting parties that I have issues with. As ultimately it can lead to emotional harm.

Last edited:

TruestSyn

Bronze Member
  • Final Fantasy Type-0
Ooh. Thank you for clarifying that for me.

Since everybody in your case is consenting and fine with it than I have no problem with it. Granted I still won't nessassarally agree with it, but it's not my life, and everyone seems to be happy, so it's fine.
It's really things like cheating or unconsenting parties that I have issues with. As ultimately it can lead to emotional harm.
Yeah, scummy people will try to use it as an excuse to cheat, but we do not. It's all about communication, if one party isn't communicating with the other about everything going on then it won't work. A lot of swingers and fuccbois/grls try to claim they are poly when in reality they aren't using it in the same respect that the title deserves. I don't need anyone to agree with it, nor do they have to be it, but it's what makes the three of us happy!

Oracle Spockanort

the only villain on staff
Staff member
Website
twitter.com
  • Put That Thing Back Where It Came From
  • 15th Anniversary
  • Just Short of the Mark
  • Advanced Chain of Memories
  • Beauty Within
  • No Name
I didn’t really do anything. I wanted to but I worked nonstop. Pride was also the same weekend of the KH Orchestra concert here in LA.

Meow Wow

• Anguis Union
Oh......maybe it's a dialect thing? Idk I tend to drop the 'ne' out of nine when saying nineteen, if not I don't articulate it much. Others around me don't put much emphasis on the '-ne' either.

Annoyance

Filthy SJW
Website
twitter.com
  • Nothing's Like Before
  • Advanced Chain of Memories
  • Crafty Soul
  • Character of the Week
  • Retired Staff
  • Mog Boss
I'm kinda upset I wasn't able to go to anything for pride but I said "out of the way I'm gay" at least once. I run a pretty queer discord so like idk we just kinda celebrated on that the whole month and the plan for takeover is by the end of the year.