• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The End of Nintendo: Biased opinion or inevitable fact?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

文偉立

newb programmer
I will post a rather irritable article I searched on my daily searches online (aka, goofing off)

http://www.revolutionreport.com/articles/read/136

Perhaps this article is just mere biased views on a single person but I have actually felt that in due time, Nintendo will cease to exist on the gaming market up against Microsoft or Sony in generations to come.

In due time, it may be possible that Nintendo will become another Sega or perhaps Atari, only cherished by veteran gamers.​

Libra

Your Ending Theme
Nintendo will do just fine while it's re-inventing the way games are played. The DS is doing great, and everyone seems to be really interested in the Revolution's controller. While sony and microsoft keep using the more power the better aspect. All in all, it just depends on who is developing games for Nintendo hardware, and if those games can be successful.

文偉立

newb programmer
Libra said:
Nintendo will do just fine while it's re-inventing the way games are played. The DS is doing great, and everyone seems to be really interested in the Revolution's controller. While sony and microsoft keep using the more power the better aspect. All in all, it just depends on who is developing games for Nintendo hardware, and if those games can be successful.

Yet lack of updates? No graphical displays? No interactivity? No demos? Release date? Expected completion? Any of these?

Libra

Your Ending Theme
アクラ said:
Yet lack of updates? No graphical displays? No interactivity? No demos? Release date? Expected completion? Any of these?

You have to remember, E3 is around the corner and I'm sure Nintendo will have a big unleashing. I think Nintendo was pressured into revealing the Revolution too early. Thus, the lack of information. Good graphics take expensive hardware, and Nintendo is more interested in how good the games are...not how good they look. The greatest thing I heard about the revolution was it was gonna be a lot cheaper then XBox 360 and PS3. Trust me when I say this, expensive consoles turn away the casual gamer. Why should someone pay an arm and a leg for something they may not play that often?

文偉立

newb programmer
Libra said:
You have to remember, E3 is around the corner and I'm sure Nintendo will have a big unleashing. I think Nintendo was pressured into revealing the Revolution too early. Thus, the lack of information. Good graphics take expensive hardware, and Nintendo is more interested in how good the games are...not how good they look. The greatest thing I heard about the revolution was it was gonna be a lot cheaper then XBox 360 and PS3. Trust me when I say this, expensive consoles turn away the casual gamer. Why should someone pay an arm and a leg for something they may not play that often?

Rob Galbreath said:
"Recently, Nintendo President Satoru Iwata told G4, a gaming television channel, that "for those other game players who are eager to purchase the PlayStation 3 or Xbox 360, we don't care because we believe they are willing to purchase Revolution as well."

Have you ever heard a gaming company president say "we don't care" about potentially lost consumers to their competition in a capitalist market? I know I haven't. Surely Iwata means Nintendo is assured that hardcore gamers will buy both a competitor's system and their own, but is this really competitive thinking?

No, this is not competitive thinking. This is the opposite of competitive thinking. This may very well explain why Reggie Fils-Aime, Nintendo of America's executive vice president of sales & marketing, said Nintendo is "an 'and' company" as opposed to "an 'or' company" at E3 2005. Nobody could really figure out what that meant, though Nintendo has made clear that they don't want to compete with the competition. It's kind of like saying you can vote for the other guys, and feel free to do so, but just try our ideas out for the heck of it."

I fear :(

Mikail

That's What She Said
Awards
You say the articled was biased yet your statements are biased as well. As stated, nintendo is going its own path. Because of that Nintendo can do almost anything they want to try out without worrying about getting sales over sony and microsoft. Nintendo is far from ending. If anything Microsoft's Xbox systems will end before nintendo and sony. Most of nintendo's games are made by nintendo to begin with while sony and microsolft rely too much on 3rd party games.

As for the lack of the Revolutions previews, I'm sure Nintendo is waiting until they have everything pefrected and the time is right. The controller alone has convinced many people to buy the system only because they realize the potential the games have with a controller like that. The people who sit and compain about how the graphics look over gameplay shouldn't even be allowed to own a system. Sure graphics matter, but if the gameplay is awsome then it is still a great game. Seeing the graphics in present time and looking back on the graphics for FFVII, the graphics in FFVII aren't as good, yet that game is still a lot better than a lot of games out now. The point is that we don't need a preview of the graphics this early becuase they aren't the most important thing to the system.

文偉立

newb programmer
Mikail said:
You say the articled was biased yet your statements are biased as well.

I'm scared actually. I posted this earlier only to be deleted: "I fear Nintendo's dim future if any. It would be a shame that younger, I spoke to my cousin about the old Atari systems he spent hours upon playing. I do not wish to go down my path and listen to kids view Nintendo as another Atari: vanished off the market."

Elyric

Website
s6.invisionfree.com
...Last year my cousins told me about something this. I was fearing that they were wrong, but when I noticed this topic that fear brought it out again.

...I read parts of the article...I must say I was expecting this from Nintendo since they like to be for kids. Kid gamers I mean. I mean X-box and S/E are just selling sex and mature games now. So I think most people might play more ninteno because parents will find it apporiate.

文偉立

newb programmer
Elyric said:
...I read parts of the article...I must say I was expecting this from Nintendo since they like to be for kids. Kid gamers I mean. I mean X-box and S/E are just selling sex and mature games now. So I think most people might play more ninteno because parents will find it apporiate.

We are in the generation of generic violence and pure uncensored sex. Nintendo really doesn't have much fight left in them. PLEASE DON'T GO NINTENDO!

LordMune

ANTHEISTNOSTIC
Awards
It's a popular trend to underestimate Nintendo. They have more money than Sony and Microsoft will be willing to pour into games, plus they have more than a few original franchises its two competitors would kill for.

Vice

SF
Awards
Website
www.myspace.com
Nintendo will be arround longer then Microsofts Xbox. Im conviced that Nintendo will stay alive because it is the King in Handheld Systems. There GBAs are afordable and great for the youth, unlike the PSP. Pricey and will brake easily if in the wrong hands. As for The actual Game Console it wont die. Some people are saying that this is Nintendos last project before they shut down. Well there gonna live on. Trust me.

Square Ninja

"special recipe"
Website
www.classicgaming.com
Even if Nintendo fails, they aren't going to disappear. At the worst, they'll just stop producing hardware and devote themselves to software...much like Sega, except Nintendo's cross-console games will most likely be good. Do you know how many companies would kill to get people like Shigeru Miyamato to work for them?

Elyric

Website
s6.invisionfree.com
I bet a few would, I mean he must have a fricking good reusme

I think hes running out of tricks though...

some of my sister's friends were playing Star Fox: Dino. Planet, I noticed a lot of things similiar to Zelda.

the roll Krystal can do, likes Link's in Wind Waker
Being the the crystal, like Zelda

He needs to think of something new...

LordMune

ANTHEISTNOSTIC
Awards
You do know Star Fox Adventures: Dinosaur Planet was developed by Rare "copy nintendo lol" ware, right?

Not Nintendo.

Henskie

I'm Batman
i am of the opinion that Nintendo may not be making graphics that are like that of the PS3 and XBOX 360 but they are being more creative with their games aka the DS. Even the Revolution is going to be extremely innovative with its backwards compatibility and controller I personally prefer nintendo over Sony and Microsoft and I will continue to support them

JapanesePanda

I don't get it...why are Nintendo failing? If you look at the current worldwide sales, the Gamecube is almost 2-3 million behind the Xbox. The DS is currently outselling the PSP worldwide and the GBA could even go on to match the PS2 with the units sold.

Anyway, I really wish people would stop underestimating the Revolution before they try it themselves...So what if they are separating themselves from the main market? As long as they continue to make the innovative, original games they have created, I'm happy :)

文偉立

newb programmer
JapanesePanda said:
I don't get it...why are Nintendo failing? If you look at the current worldwide sales, the Gamecube is almost 2-3 million behind the Xbox. The DS is currently outselling the PSP worldwide and the GBA could even go on to match the PS2 with the units sold.

Anyway, I really wish people would stop underestimating the Revolution before they try it themselves...So what if they are separating themselves from the main market? As long as they continue to make the innovative, original games they have created, I'm happy :)

What makes you believe they can continue to keep up? Afterall, from some backup quote from the article, a Nintendo representitive said a rather non-competitive statement, which hints at Nintendo's incapabilities to rival Sony or Microsoft.

Straw_Hat

heres all im gunna say: as long as there are sport games that mario and comp. can play, there will be a nintendo. lol. i just cant get enough of those wacky sport games! especially tennis and baseball.

i will admit there has been a...decline in nintendo, but it still has some juice left in it i think.
KEEP ON TRUCKIN' NINTENDO!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back