• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

shad0w

Website
cobalt.subprofile.com
Three words: Oh my god.

This game looks incredible. Absolutely incredible. I'm almost counting the days to how long it will be till this comes out @_@.

Also, does anyone know what the story/plot is in Oblivion?

I swear- this is going to be the greatest RPG ever, if what they are saying is true (about it being a VASTLY improved Morrowind, only with new plot/added gameplay and everything).

Preview of Oblivion: http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/rpg/theelderscrollsivoblivion/preview_6124025.html

^-- If you want to see screens, check that site too.

Ryu

an obscene gesture
It. Will. Own.
Morrowind rocked ass, and if you've seen the screens (especially the trailer) then there's no doubt about it that this will simply be the best game of all time. And yes, there is a trailer. The best quality is the 80 MB-one, go to www.morrowind.com and download it, under the Oblivion section. It will blow your head off, ánd explain something about the story.

[v Spoilers v ]

It's a lot like the story in Morrowind though, a king wants you to find some saviour, who can 'close the gates of Oblivion'. From what I know, Oblivion is another part of the empire of Tamriel, just like Morrowind. You can already kinda feel it coming that you are the hero you're supposed to be looking for, a bit like the legend of the Nerevarine in Morrowind.

[End of spoiler]

And from the looks of it, the game will probably require a GeForce 329687647254-card, so I'd start saving if I were you.

Also: "Best RPG of E3" - "10 Best Games of E3" - [insert other long list of awards here] - need I say more ?

destorythesystem

it looks like the one of the greatest RPGs ever i cant wait

the story goes that the empirer died and him being alive kept oblivion(hell) closed and when he died he had no heir so your guy that you make has to find a lost heir and go down in to oblivion.

something like that anyway

shad0w

Website
cobalt.subprofile.com
Yeah. Who says that Xbox 360 won't have any great games? *muwahahaha* =P

I'm so stoked, I almost can't take it.

+ Morrowind was AWESOME... and possibly the biggest RPG ever (though that probably can't be official) @_@. They say that Oblivion will be four times larger and longer, with a LOT more armor/clothes.

shad0w

Website
cobalt.subprofile.com
Yeah- I have no hope of getting it for PC since my computer isn't exactly a gaming PC.

They say they made Oblivion to where you dont need to focus on 2 of the three attributes to be powerful/strong. So you can focus on just stealth and be a Thief or Assassin (etc.), or strength and be a Knight or a Warrior or something, or magic and be a Warlocke or another class like that.

One of the makers of Thief: Deadly Shadows is helping Bethesda with the stealth gameplay, which that itself makes it sound like the stealth will be awesome. I've also heard that the "strength side of the gameplay" (like if you're a warrior) would also be improved- so I guess the magic part will also be improved... Just speculating =P.

And Ryu, are you sure that is a spoiler(s)? That info was released at E3, wasn't it? (I'm just wondering, because I heard that while E3 was still going on)

Awards
shad0w said:
Yeah. Who says that Xbox 360 won't have any great games? *muwahahaha* =P

I'm so stoked, I almost can't take it.

+ Morrowind was AWESOME... and possibly the biggest RPG ever (though that probably can't be official) @_@. They say that Oblivion will be four times larger and longer, with a LOT more armor/clothes.

Actually, Morrowind's prequal is the largest RPG in recorded history, Elder Scrolls Two: Daggerfall. It's in-game landmass was twice the size of Great Britan, and it took roughly one real life month to travel from one end of the world to the other without fast travel.

OmegaTwilight

wohooo cant wait till november!!!! im definately gonna need a better comp, but it seems from what i read that you will be able to tune donw the graphix to play it on weaker comps, but if you want it to run its best you are gonna need state of the art shyt. cant wait to try out the TES:CS for Oblivion so i can learn more about how they programmed the new npcs

hey, downloaded arena but i cant get it to work, can someone help me? i probably need an emulator, but im not sure which one to get and what i should do with it. I need a walkthrough plz so I can set it up

Ryu

an obscene gesture
And Ryu, are you sure that is a spoiler(s)? That info was released at E3, wasn't it? (I'm just wondering, because I heard that while E3 was still going on)

Meh, I was asking myself that too after I posted it. xP But I guess it can be considered a spoiler, for people who haven't seen the trailer yet.. <.>

Anyway, they released the official Oblivion boxart a while ago (w00teh), clicky.

And for anyone who hasn't seen the trailer yet, download the official Oblivion trailer here. I suggest downloading the high-def one at the top, it's 84 MB, but it's worth the wait.

OmegaTwilight

Ya the boxart is pretty sweet. I wonder what the symbol on the box means. Im pretty sure its in the Daedric alphabet or something, but im not sure

Ryu

an obscene gesture
Yeh, the symbol on the boxart is Daedric for.. 'O'.
O as in, Oblivion. The idea's simple, but eh.. it looks good on the box I guess.

The boxart of Morrowind was a bit better though, it had the initials of the Tribunal, the three gods in Daedric on the front, so at least that meant a bit more than just the first letter of a game's title. Eh, I just figured that one out too. <.>

Awards
I like Oblivion's better. More modern, more realistic.

And yes, it's a daedric O. shad0w and I are huge TES freaks. I learned how to read/speak Daedric a few years ago. :p

Mitsu

Website
www.rpgfreedom.com
I have a 14 year old cousin who's obsessed with this game. While I want to play it, and I can wait till the game's gone down in price (I just don't have the money to buy new games when they're new), he's the type to pray to the gods of the pc (his parents) for the appropriate graphic card, plus the game itself for the pc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back