• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Dream Thread

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

blueheart

Bronze Member
cause i felt like it

So as the title says, this thread is about dreams, your dreams. You know, the ones where you got to sleep and are dragged out of in the morning. Not the kind about what you want to do with your life.

What dreams have you had lately? What ones have you had in the past? Any ones that have stuck with for awhile? And do you dream*remember them* often? What was your latest one? It could be anything.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Sounds kinda like that book called Elsewhere by Gabrielle Zevin. It's a beautiful book, so if you ever happen across it or need something to read you should definitely pick it up. I want to read it again right now, actually.

Hamster Lord

Atrocity Exhibition
Awards
Had two the other night. Somewhat scared/confused me. So I went to bed around 7PM and then woke up at 2. In between then, this dream happened.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Then I woke up and tried to go back to sleep which worked at about 3AM.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

So then I woke up and went to school.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I had a dream a plane crashed on this busy street where my neighborhood is. And even though it was completely impossible to ignore a giant airbus crashing into the ground, nobody would believe me when i said it had crashed. (the street is big enough to serve as a mini runway btw, and LAX just right there for me so i always see the planes landing so i think it is a subconscious fear of mine)

I have two other dreams, but I'm too lazy to get them off my phone.

Mite

Kingly
Staff member
Awards
I never dream much anymore. Well according to my sister (the expert that she is) everybody dreams when they sleep, but I just never remember my dreams. Sometimes I feel like I'm missing out, but otherwise I don't really care.

The most common type I used to have were those dreams where you feel like you're falling.

Taylor

Gold Member
Awards
I had a dream the other day where my girlfriend and I owned this weird little pseudo-condo type place. And we had this big dog (I don't like big dogs), but I actually liked this one a lot. I guess he was super important to dream me. So I left the house to go do something and I placed some toddler kid from the block in charge of watching my dog and then I came home and the dog was gone and I was like "wow kid you're a piece of shit." and then I ran out the back door to find the dog, who ran into some woods (the backdoor of my house led to a culdesac which led to some woods). i chased the dog into the woods and then i woke up.

idk if dream me will ever find his dog. ):

Chill

Silver Member
Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Yeah all my dreams are retarded.

IceBlueWings

もっともっと&#
I don't quite remember my dream last night, but I had a dream which I actually wanted to use for NaNoWriMo last year but I never was able to do it.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

If only I remember it clearer.

Mistearea

Fear the Mist
Shifting through the spaces like only Mist can.
I remember we had a thread like this before some years back. Think it was on Lucid dreaming or something like that :/

Yea, it was people posting their dreams because if you do that with all of your dreams, it's supposed to lead to you learning how to Lucid Dream.

As for one that I had last night, I really only remember the end of it. I had been arguing with my middle sister over something stupid, so I just gave up and told her that I was going to bed. As I closed my eyes she said, "Why do you always run?" or something like that. I just know that it had the word "run" and she was asking in a tone that made it seem like she cared. Anyways, I closed my eyes and felt my body drift into sleep only to wake up in the not-dream.

CaptainMarvelQ8

Bronze Member
Awards
i daydream alot,i wonder if it affects my memory of real dreams.(as in it mixes them together or whatever)
For me in order to remember a dream i have to write it out as soon as i wake up,so i find it surprising how you guys are recalling them with great detail.

scubasteve

Banned
Awards
Dreams are successions of images, ideas, emotions, and sensations that occur involuntarily in the mind during certain stages of sleep.[1] The content and purpose of dreams are not definitively understood, though they have been a topic of scientific speculation, as well as a subject of philosophical and religious interest, throughout recorded history. The scientific study of dreams is called oneirology.

Dreams mainly occur in the rapid-eye movement (REM) stage of sleep—when brain activity is high and resembles that of being awake. REM sleep is revealed by continuous movements of the eyes during sleep. At times, dreams may occur during other stages of sleep. However, these dreams tend to be much less vivid or memorable. Dreams can last for a few seconds, or as long as twenty minutes. People are more likely to remember the dream if they are awakened during the REM phase.

Dreams have been seen as a connection to the unconscious. They range from normal and ordinary to overly surreal and bizarre. Dreams can have varying natures, such as frightening, exciting, magical, melancholic, adventurous, or sexual. The events in dreams are generally outside the control of the dreamer, with the exception of lucid dreaming, where the dreamer is self-aware. Dreams can at times make a creative thought occur to the person or give a sense of inspiration.[2]

Opinions about the meaning of dreams have varied and shifted through time and culture. Dream interpretations date back to 5000-4000 BC. The earliest recorded dreams were acquired from materials dating back approximately 5000 years, in Mesopotamia, where they were documented on clay tablets.[3] In the Greek and Roman periods, the people believed that dreams were direct messages from the gods, or from the dead and that they predicted the future. Some cultures practiced dream incubation with the intention of cultivating dreams that are prophetic.[4]

The Austrian neurologist Sigmund Freud, who developed the discipline of psychoanalysis, wrote extensively about dream theories and interpretations. He explained dreams as manifestations of our deepest desires and anxieties, often relating to repressed childhood memories or obsessions. In The Interpretation of Dreams, Freud developed a psychological technique to interpret dreams and devised a series of guidelines to understand the symbols and motifs that appear in our dreams.

Pinwheel

The Origin
Awards
I have some acid-trip kinda dreams that never really tend to make any sense, but here I go I guess.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

So yeah, pretty trippy shit tends to occur in my dreams.

MangaCrazy101

The Blonde
Awards
Website
mangacrazy101.blogspot.com
Sounds kinda like that book called Elsewhere by Gabrielle Zevin. It's a beautiful book, so if you ever happen across it or need something to read you should definitely pick it up. I want to read it again right now, actually.

Agreed awesome book and I need to buy it.
I used to be able to remember my dreams really well but as of recently I haven't been able to.
I could wake up one morning go to school, work and whatever and then go to bed and continue with the same dream from that morning if I wanted to know the outcome.
I could control my dreams, I swear to god ifI wanted something to happen it would. :S

I wish I could do that again but now because of all my school work that is just piling up and work being so busy- I guess I'm just too exhausted.

Awards
I hardly ever remember my dreams, but there are two that have stuck with me since I was a child.

In the first, I am in a cartoon-like world, inhabited by human-sized spiders and insects, who, like most cartoon animals, can talk. My best friend was one of the spiders, but her father didn't approve of our friendship because he wanted to eat me. She protected me from being eaten, but she was always sad because her dad never seemed to acknowledge her much. One day, when I went to visit her, her dad was there but not her. After a short, mostly one sided battle that left my body in piece the way I used to believe could happen to caterpillars, my friend came and bravely stood up to her father, calling him out on all of this.

He finally listened to her and agreed, and he even let her climb around on "the big web" like she always wanted. I was talking to my sister about how it was good everything turned out well(all in one piece again, which I didn't even really notice), but she says we should jump into the hole back home out of this cartoon world. I told her that my friend was here for me, so we were plenty safe, but she went ahead and left. Then my friend's dad promptly started walking towards me, obviously about to eat me, but my friend was having too much fun on her "big web" to even notice. Then I woke up, crying.

The second was when me and some friends dared my sister to go the hospital and pretend to be sick. They checked her on the huge magical machine that tells you if people are sick(I was really young at the time, so I just imagine a hospital was like this in dreamland), but it said she wasn't and they all decided it must be broken. The gave my sister treatments, medications, etc., which made her actually sick and closer and closer to death in there. Then I woke up crying even more.

inasuma

i'm gonna be
Awards
I actually keep a dream journal. Here's an old memorable one.

(this one is kind of funny because I'm actually playing Shadow of the Colossus right now lmao)
1. "This dream involved interplanetary (although it was likely inter-system/galactic) travel. I was joined by a few individuals who have been unrecognizable since waking up. We took some sort of space traveling elevator type ship to a post-apocalyptic alien world. There, we discovered a great monster/colossus which likely caused problems to said planet. We saw it, and made efforts to subdue the creature. I cannot remember exactly if we saved them all, or much of what happened after we saw the beast."

And this second one happened very recently, and it was really memorable. It took place in my martial arts dojo. Generally, during a belt test, the instructors ask us what a certain moral value means to us or how we execute it in our every day lives (aka bullshit rofl). Basically my question was "how do you have trust and brotherhood among friends?" to which I responded (still surprised I remembered this, forgot almost everything immediately after finishing):

"To me, this is the most important virtue present on the list. I don’t have any stories of how I personally am able to help my friends and family, but the bonds of men and women are always necessary. As humans, we thrive off of the life of others, for we are all symbiotic organisms. To have a lack of trust in one another is ultimately cancerous, making this virtue not only self-evident in execution, but also in principle. We wouldn't be anywhere without our social links (lol p4 reference) and loved ones."

I will probably express a version of the above during my actual test. I'm so prepared, bitches dont even know. I have a ton more but these are some good ones. I have pages and pages of these in a word document. lol

megatron532

Website
www.youtube.com
There used to be an extremely similar thread to this, but it was about nightmares specifically. I usually don't recall my dreams, but the other night I dreamt I was in a web series similar in format to Marble Hornets. I was in an abandoned house out in the woods near my old house, being chased by The Rake or Slenderman. Don't recall any details.

J'adore

Website
www.unimaginablebastard.tumblr.com
I actually keep a dream journal. Here's an old memorable one.

Aha so do I!

Most of the dreams I keep having and have kept on having in the past couple of years have been Donnie Darko related, one way or another.

My most recent dream, although DD related, was not entirely the most interesting. It involved me meeting Jake Gyllanhaal but in the form of his Donnie Darko character and us having a little chat about how we share so much in common and discussing the emotional problems we face. It was quite strange and I felt like I was actually talking to him in real life. I was woken by the sound of a massive crash which in the dream was a jet engine, just like in the movie but in real life, my flatmates were banging on my door to wake me up for University.

Strange, but I love dreaming about Donnie.

MarluxiaNo11

Awards
I dreamt that I had a fight with a life styled version of Marluxia, it was pretty epic seen as I had my own keyblade which I must have had a design stored away in my self-conscious mind. It was pretty damn cool and one of the best dreams I've had this year so far.

I dream a lot.

Shawty

Awards
I dreamt that I was on vacation, when I arrived I took the first cab to the beach, and suddenly I realised I forgot my suitcase. It looked so real

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back