• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The "Dream" in DDD

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

SeaSalt

Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
I've been trying to find out for a while now what "Dream Drop Distance" has anything to do with the new game for the 3Ds.. While rewatching Ven's scenes in theater mode, i noticed Mickey surfing on a book in a whirlpool where he is thrown into the air and suddenly returns to the mysteriouss tower. I dont know if this has been clarified but is this part of Mickey's mark of mastery exam? If so, Yen Sid's exam might have to do with dreaming, which would be why Sora and Riku are in their KH1 outifits? I'm a little confused on what exactly "DDD" means, can someone clarify?

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
It has been confirmed that by the time of BBS Mickey was undertaking his Mark of Mastery exam under Yen Sid, so the book swirl may have had something to do with it.

For DDD, as it was confirmed now that the main theme of that game will be exploring the data Ansem the Wise hid inside Sora's heart (and not the Mark of Mastery) it may be safe to assume that in order to reach that data you'll have to dream.

Furthermore, as shown even in KH 1 when Sora has his dive to the heart, or Roxas in KH2, Ven in BBS it seems the "awakening platforms" and therefore the world inside one's own heart is apparently only reachable when dreaming.
By dreaming Riku and Sora will most likely be able to reach another plane of existence...which could explain the appearance of Ansem SoD and Xemnas.
Even more suitable would be if they can, by making contact through that world, learn more about the individual torments of the ones who need saving and it could be the only possibility to reach those who do not have a physical existence anymore (namely Naminé, Xion and Roxas).

SeaSalt

Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
It has been confirmed that by the time of BBS Mickey was undertaking his Mark of Mastery exam under Yen Sid, so the book swirl may have had something to do with it.

For DDD, as it was confirmed now that the main theme of that game will be exploring the data Ansem the Wise hid inside Sora's heart (and not the Mark of Mastery) it may be safe to assume that in order to reach that data you'll have to dream.

Furthermore, as shown even in KH 1 when Sora has his dive to the heart, or Roxas in KH2, Ven in BBS it seems the "awakening platforms" and therefore the world inside one's own heart is apparently only reachable when dreaming.
By dreaming Riku and Sora will most likely be able to reach another plane of existence...which could explain the appearance of Ansem SoD and Xemnas.
Even more suitable would be if they can, by making contact through that world, learn more about the individual torments of the ones who need saving and it could be the only possibility to reach those who do not have a physical existence anymore (namely Naminé, Xion and Roxas).

it finally makes sense.. so by doing this they'll be able to "mend the hurting" of everyone connected to Sora?
also, when does the mark of mastery that YenSid requests in the secret ending of re:coded take place?

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
it finally makes sense.. so by doing this they'll be able to "mend the hurting" of everyone connected to Sora?
also, when does the mark of mastery that YenSid requests in the secret ending of re:coded take place?

Not exactly, by doing this they will be able to find out how everyone is suffering and gain an insight on their actual status (i.e. if Ven's heart managed to heal itself to a degree while sleeping inside Sora or not). As everyone's torment is hinted to be different this means plenty of stuff to uncover.
Not to mention Sora first needs even to get aware that he is sheltering and protecting Ventus within himself. The only one who might expect/assume that Ven's heart is hiding in Sora is Mickey, as we hear in the Re: Coded secret movie.
Riku is the same if we take the hint that inside him might be something of Terra seriously.

By investigating (and understanding) Ansem's data they will get the clues/tools they need to save everyone. The actual rescue of the tormented ones however will happen in Kingdom Hearts III, not in DDD as it is only the "Prelude" to KH III.

The Mark of Mastery spoken of in Re: Coded will also take place in DDD, but it will only cover a small part of the game.

SeaSalt

Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
Not exactly, by doing this they will be able to find out how everyone is suffering and gain an insight on their actual status (i.e. if Ven's heart managed to heal itself to a degree while sleeping inside Sora or not). As everyone's torment is hinted to be different this means plenty of stuff to uncover.
Not to mention Sora first needs even to get aware that he is sheltering and protecting Ventus within himself. The only one who might expect/assume that Ven's heart is hiding in Sora is Mickey, as we hear in the Re: Coded secret movie.
Riku is the same if we take the hint that inside him might be something of Terra seriously.

By investigating (and understanding) Ansem's data they will get the clues/tools they need to save everyone. The actual rescue of the tormented ones however will happen in Kingdom Hearts III, not in DDD as it is only the "Prelude" to KH III.

The Mark of Mastery spoken of in Re: Coded will also take place in DDD, but it will only cover a small part of the game.

wow, i might have a little more to look forward too in DDD now :D
So basically this whole game besides the mark of mastery is trying to find out how to save everyone?
and is axel one of these people?

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
wow, i might have a little more to look forward too in DDD now :D
So basically this whole game besides the mark of mastery is trying to find out how to save everyone?
and is axel one of these people?

At least that is what many people assume, as Ansem the Wise's data is said to hold the "key" for saving everyone and in order to bring Sora "up-to-date" so that he even can start to rescue anyone in KH III DDD is needed.
There are even more points the game could possibly cover, like how exactly the hearts/powers/memories of Xehanort/Terra/Master Eraqus were divided between Ansem SoD and Xemnas, more meddling from Maleficent and Pete (in Coded they were, while not top notch, better than in KH 2) and even Xehanort himself may start one of his backup schemes to totally screw up anything the good guys are planning.

Axel is a special case, for one because he was a normal nobody, unlike Roxas and Naminé, and also because he didn't shout Sora's name in Blank Points.
This point was explicitly mentioned by Nomura and also that the way of mending his torment would be vastly different from all the others.

SeaSalt

Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
At least that is what many people assume, as Ansem the Wise's data is said to hold the "key" for saving everyone and in order to bring Sora "up-to-date" so that he even can start to rescue anyone in KH III DDD is needed.
There are even more points the game could possibly cover, like how exactly the hearts/powers/memories of Xehanort/Terra/Master Eraqus were divided between Ansem SoD and Xemnas, more meddling from Maleficent and Pete (in Coded they were, while not top notch, better than in KH 2) and even Xehanort himself may start one of his backup schemes to totally screw up anything the good guys are planning.

Axel is a special case, for one because he was a normal nobody, unlike Roxas and Naminé, and also because he didn't shout Sora's name in Blank Points.
This point was explicitly mentioned by Nomura and also that the way of mending his torment would be vastly different from all the others.

thankyou, this makes more sense now. ive also been very interestedin understanding the splitting of power and all that between the Xehanorts. And also im happy Nomura decided to keep Axel a part of the story :D

Absolute

I watched the ending of BBS where Sora has read mickey's letter, and he points out his reasoning for leaving is because they are depending on him and he is who he is because of them. That got me thinking: It sounded he knew who they were. maybe he has an idea of Ven being inside him.

SeaSalt

Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
I watched the ending of BBS where Sora has read mickey's letter, and he points out his reasoning for leaving is because they are depending on him and he is who he is because of them. That got me thinking: It sounded he knew who they were. maybe he has an idea of Ven being inside him.

i never took notice of that.. then again, knowing sora would help anyone, he might have said the same thing even if he didnt know who any of those people were.

Neko

Keep Holding On
Awards

There is always the possibility he could have remembered what happened when he was little. He also easily could have been thinking of Roxas and the others he knows of. I know I would remember meeting Aqua or hearing Ven`s voice if I was his age. It was pretty significant. Of course he might not have known that at the time.

ICECOOL113

i never took notice of that.. then again, knowing sora would help anyone, he might have said the same thing even if he didnt know who any of those people were.

Yeah that is a thing Sora would do but let's not forget the fact that he can also understand a lot of things that others miss. In DDD maybe finally Sora will know where ATW and Aqua are seeing how in BBS Final Ending ATW said that he has wandering for a year and Aqua 10 years. So I'm guessing DDD is a year after KHII

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
It was however explicitly stated that Sora and Kairi forgot everything related to Terra, Aqua and Ventus because they were only four years old. Come on, Sora just saw Terra and did not even speak to him and Aqua was a 5 minute deal.
Riku may still know about Terra, but keeps quiet because of the promise they made.

Roxas however would be another story, as Sora himself admitted in KH2 when Riku told him Roxas's story that he wants to meet him in person.
Naminé is surely a no-brainer as Sora still has to keep the promise they made. Furthermore, in CoM Sora said to Naminé that when he will one day see her again and remember her they would become friends for real.

@Absolute: Sora is just re-quoting the words from the letter itself Mickey wrote, he still has no clue.
Here is the paragraph of the letter:
Spoiler Spoiler Show

SeaSalt

Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
It was however explicitly stated that Sora and Kairi forgot everything related to Terra, Aqua and Ventus because they were only four years old. Come on, Sora just saw Terra and did not even speak to him and Aqua was a 5 minute deal.
Riku may still know about Terra, but keeps quiet because of the promise they made.

Roxas however would be another story, as Sora himself admitted in KH2 when Riku told him Roxas's story that he wants to meet him in person.
Naminé is surely a no-brainer as Sora still has to keep the promise they made. Furthermore, in CoM Sora said to Naminé that when he will one day see her again and remember her they would become friends for real.

@Absolute: Sora is just re-quoting the words from the letter itself Mickey wrote, he still has no clue.
Here is the paragraph of the letter:
Spoiler Spoiler Show

i think riku may remember, the strange man telling him to take his stick in his hand and that he may one day have a stick of his own.
he sure is keeping well on his promise.

another thing that i wonder is when the confrontation of AtW and Aqua takes place, as Sora and Riku were in the dark meridian at the end of KH2 and neither of them were there.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
i think riku may remember, the strange man telling him to take his stick in his hand and that he may one day have a stick of his own.
he sure is keeping well on his promise.

another thing that i wonder is when the confrontation of AtW and Aqua takes place, as Sora and Riku were in the dark meridian at the end of KH2 and neither of them were there.

A "stick", lol.

Ah, that is a common misconception...the dark meridian Riku and Sora where on isn't the same as the one Aqua and Ansem are on. Riku and Sora where on the beach in the realm of in-between overlooking the ocean separating the realm of in-between and the realm of darkness.
Aqua and Ansem are on the beach on the other side, on the beach of the realm of darkness overlooking the same ocean, only from the other side.

As for time issues:
When Ansem the Wise says that it is almost a year since he met Sora he's talking about the time of chain of memories, not KH 2.
The meeting of Aqua and Ansem may take place either directly after KH2, concurrent with Re: Coded or shortly after Coded.

SeaSalt

Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
A "stick", lol.

Ah, that is a common misconception...the dark meridian Riku and Sora where on isn't the same as the one Aqua and Ansem are on. Riku and Sora where on the beach in the realm of in-between overlooking the ocean separating the realm of in-between and the realm of darkness.
Aqua and Ansem are on the beach on the other side, on the beach of the realm of darkness overlooking the same ocean, only from the other side.

As for time issues:
When Ansem the Wise says that it is almost a year since he met Sora he's talking about the time of chain of memories, not KH 2.
The meeting of Aqua and Ansem may take place either directly after KH2, concurrent with Re: Coded or shortly after Coded.

oh wow i didnt know that.. so theres 2 sides of the dark meridian.. and the middle ocean is an in~between?
and they both look identical...
so after the fight with Xemnas sora and riku are in the realm of light or darkness?

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Neither...Sora and Riku are in the realm of in-between.
The dark ocean is the border between in-between and darkness.

There are three realms:
Realm of light => realm of in-between => realm of darkness.

There are several important worlds which are in fact in-between worlds.
- Twilight Town
- Mysterious Tower
- Land of Departure/Castle Oblivion
- Traverse Town
- The world that never was
- Keyblade Graveyard

SeaSalt

Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
Neither...Sora and Riku are in the realm of in-between.
The dark ocean is the border between in-between and darkness.

There are three realms:
Realm of light => realm of in-between => realm of darkness.

There are several important worlds which are in fact in-between worlds.
- Twilight Town
- Mysterious Tower
- Land of Departure/Castle Oblivion
- Traverse Town
- The world that never was
- Keyblade Graveyard

so thats where the dark meridian is.. i never thought of it being a border between the RoD and the in~between but i did know all those worlds were there and i did know it existed.. i guess that makes sense now XD
i have another question though..
do you know where the final xemnas battle takes place and how Sora/Riku wind up at the meridian?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back