• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Dream Eaters fate

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

unbound_word

What happens to the Spirits and Nightmares? Do they get destroyed once the 6 sleeping worlds are awakened? Or are they welcomed into the Realm Between at least?

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
They stay as they are in the Realm of Sleep. It's evident from DDD's final scene just before the credit roll, in which we saw Sora return to Traverse Town in RoS to thank his Spirit allies.

Gram

Banned
Awards
They stay as they are in the Realm of Sleep. It's evident from DDD's final scene just before the credit roll, in which we saw Sora return to Traverse Town in RoS to thank his Spirit allies.

Pretty much this ^

The dream eaters are exclusive to the dream realm, they cannot leave it and in turn the heartless can't enter it.
The realm of sleep is made up of many sleeping worlds like the light realm has waking ones, it's just that we only seen 6 of those worlds.

KHRULER

Awards
If I'm not wrong, they continue to exist if the RoS does.

Gram

Banned
Awards
They do, they'll always be there in the RoS so long as it's there.

Gram

Banned
Awards
What about Nobodies? Do they have access in that place?

Doubtful, if the heartless can't get in I highly doubt the Nobodies could since they both use the same forms of travel and what not.

The only reason Sora and Riku got into the realm was because they were on DI at the moment the world itself fell into it.

That's just assumption though since we only have the confirmation from Yen Sid that heartless can't get in.
Though that may just mean they've yet to FIND a way into the realm. (since they also couldn't get into the Light Realm at first)

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

They don't manifest in the Realm of Sleep, no. They'd have to be brought in, or do what Xehanort did and pull all sorts of loopholes.

The only creatures in the Realm of Sleep are Dream Eaters and those who are lost to Sleep. Heartless and Nobodies don't occur inside of that place because it exists outside of the Realm of Light and Darkness.

Solo

Silver Member
Awards

No, they could only gain access if they were somehow brought into the realm. Dream Eaters are the only natural inhabitants of the RoS, nothing else is.

Edit: Double-ninja'd. -_-"

blksabbath74

Do we think that they will use the Dream Eaters in KH3, or just leave them be?

I guess they are pretty similar to the Bugs in Coded in that sense...

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
Do we think that they will use the Dream Eaters in KH3, or just leave them be?

I guess they are pretty similar to the Bugs in Coded in that sense...

Nomura said it was a possibility. I suspect there might be a summon system or some sort of mini-game.

Also, We don't actually know how many worlds there are in the sleeping realm. For all we know, it could mostly be vacant now which I think is likely. Which is why Traverse Town is still there, the Dream Eaters needed it.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
It certainly remains to be seen, but Nomura did make this comment:

---We apologise for what might be an overly-specific question, but, what happened to Meow Wow.......

Nomura: ......What indeed (laughs). The last part of KH3D was meant to be tentative foreshadowing.

Take that as you will.

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
oveliagirlhaditright.tumblr.com
I was always confused by DDD's ending, tbh. I thought Sora and Riku returned Traverse Town from being a Sleeping World. So why was it still in the RoS, with the Dream Eaters being there, too? Unless Sora somehow went into his own heart (like Riku did) to see them, but his heart wasn't sleeping anymore at the end of the game. Ack! Confusion...

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
I was always confused by DDD's ending, tbh. I thought Sora and Riku returned Traverse Town from being a Sleeping World. So why was it still in the RoS, with the Dream Eaters being there, too? Unless Sora somehow went into his own heart (like Riku did) to see them, but his heart wasn't sleeping anymore at the end of the game. Ack! Confusion...

Traverse Town is different. It goes where it's needed to act as a home to those who are lost. It didn't fall to darkness like the other sleeping worlds, it was there because Joshua needed a place to store the dreams of the players. Traverse Town stayed because Neku and the others still needed a place to stay. If Sora and Riku's adventures cleared the Sleeping Realm of its worlds, Traverse Town probably stayed to house the Dream Eaters.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
Isn't it not the real Traverse Town? It's got the Fourth and Fifth Districts and a few distinct differences here and there.. The only thing that makes me think it could even be real is the appearance of Geppetto's house.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Like Tinny explained, Traverse Town is special. It can exist in both realms because it is there to serve the needs of whoever needed it. The world itself is an amalgamation of old, destroyed worlds so it will always exist between the realms.

What was saved was most likely KH!Shibuya, not Traverse Town since it never needed to be saved...it was just there to help Joshua rebuild Shibuya.

kuraudoVII

D'oh, I missed!
Awards
Like Tinny explained, Traverse Town is special. It can exist in both realms because it is there to serve the needs of whoever needed it. The world itself is an amalgamation of old, destroyed worlds so it will always exist between the realms.

What was saved was most likely KH!Shibuya, not Traverse Town since it never needed to be saved...it was just there to help Joshua rebuild Shibuya.

Must!have!Shibuya!world!

In all seriousness, Traverse Town is different from other worlds due to the very nature of its existence. If The World That Never Was exists and changes shape within its own world housing things that have been lost, then Traverse Town acts as a foil housing things nd people that have avoided being lost to the darkness.

I know I posted this in another thread already, but it does bear repeating here due to similar circumstances occuring between this situation and the situation that caused this to be said:

Alucard said:
"This castle is a creature of chaos. It can take many incarnations."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back