• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Anime/Manga ► The Dragon Ball Thread - Dragon Ball Super

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

KeyofEvil'sBane

Space Duck
Termina, wondering why everyone looks familiiar
Something else I noticed (though it is probably rooted in marketing more than anything else)

It was poetic in a sense that Goku landed the final attack in SSJ1. He and Frieza were almost exactly how they were during the battle of Namek, Goku shirtless with ripped pants and SSJ1, Frieza in his Final Form missing the end of his tail. Only this time side by side instead of facing each other.

At the end of the day, even with all the power ups and new abilities that Super has introduced, it was SSJ1 that dealt the final blow. Not UI, not Blue, not even god ki, but the most famous, well recognized, and reliable form. Against Frieza, Cell Majin Buu, and even Beerus, SSJ1 has been what Goku ended up in to finish the fight. Definitely a hit to the nostalgia factor.

Megavoltage

Awards
It looks like big boy Broly is coming back and this time he's entering the true canon instead of the movieverse. Thoughts?

[video=youtube;rsSe3aBb__c]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rsSe3aBb__c[/video]

Pinwheel

The Origin
Awards
Looks like he's being remade into a canon character ala Bardock. I'm honestly a bit disappointed because this seems creatively stagnant, but at the same time I'm interested in seeing what Toriyama has planned for him.

Zul

Awards
I was kind of hoping for Yamoshi. Broly is, as abridged states, cool and dumb. Maybe they'll implement him in a cool and not-dumb way at last.

Sdog

Awards
[video=youtube;FHgm89hKpXU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FHgm89hKpXU[/video]

Sdog

Awards
This is honestly the most hype I've felt for a Dragon Ball movie. The animation is stellar and I'm excited to see how Toriyama tackles Broly outside of designing him.

Sdog

Awards
Was interested me the most were the Saiyan babies in pods. Are they clones?

That's a solid bet. Could just be Incubators? Though I'm thinking with how much attention the trailer gave to them they are something more. Maybe genetically enhancing the babies in hopes of creating stronger warriors?

Pinwheel

The Origin
Awards
I could go through and list everything I like about this trailer but then I'd just be listing everything in the trailer. Shitani designs are fucking amazing. Animation is fucking amazing. IT'S FUCKING AMAZING.

Lonbilly

Captain Marvel is a lesbian send tweet
Awards
The art is so beautiful that I'm pumped to watch just for that. Broly is a pretty overrated character due to what little story he's had present in the past, but I am excited to see what a (hopefully) properly written version would be like. The trailer was cut pretty well and makes me think we're gonna get some actual depth so there's that.

Pretty sure his dad is gonna be pissed about everyone being all buddy-buddy with Freeza now.

Megavoltage

Awards
The new trailer is magical! I especially love that final scream, it's so intense.

[video=youtube;qVn8E0AXDsY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qVn8E0AXDsY[/video]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back