• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Anime/Manga ► The Dragon Ball Thread - Dragon Ball Super

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hero

See You Space Cowboy!
Awards
Re: New Animated Dragon Ball Movie set for 2013

I was really hoping for that poster to be fake :(

Reagan Rayden

Exploding Man
Awards

[video=youtube;pUaosE5HmeE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=pUaosE5HmeE[/video]

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards

Hopefully krillin, tien, and yamcha will get their moments to shine

Taylor

Gold Member
Awards

that villain looks really stupid holy poop

Reagan Rayden

Exploding Man
Awards

They usually have henchmen 1, 2, and 3 for them to fight (The pretty one, the dumb and ugly one with super strength, and the creepy one with a weird ability). Although it looks like the poof-haired guy is going to be filling that role.

that villain looks really stupid holy poop

he looks like a really really old Mewtwo

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards

ok i really dont know who decided to cast every male character as old women but they are retarded as shit

Reagan Rayden

Exploding Man
Awards

They've always sounded that terrible. The English dub at least sounds right.

Gram

Banned
Awards

*Ten year old self buried deep down gets excited*
*Current self gets skeptical*

da fuk happened to goku's voice?

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards

Why is king kai have a planet. It blew up in the android saga

Hero

See You Space Cowboy!
Awards

The wait for an english subbed version of this will wind up killing me.

Pinwheel

The Origin
Awards

ok i really dont know who decided to cast every male character as old women but they are retarded as shit
The supposed reasoning for Goku is that he's a "child at heart", but it still does sound pretty shitty. One of the few anime where the original casting is just absolutely horrible overall imo. I know it's also probably a factor of being so used to hearing the english dub so often (and being a huge sean schemmel fan), but I still think the voices just don't fit the characters at all.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards

Hopefully, this movie will be as good as the trailers make it out to be. And hey, if it sucks, then i can at least look forward to teamfourstar abridging it.

Pinwheel

The Origin
Awards

FUNimation is definitely going to dub this, no doubt about it. They milk DBZ more than any other franchise. Apparently their only release this June is ANOTHER re-release of DBZ, but this time it's the first 29 episodes dubbed by Ocean. Seriously, they will get their hands on anything DBZ aside from the OVAs and MILKMILKMILK.

Reagan Rayden

Exploding Man
Awards

The wait for an english subbed version of this will wind up killing me.

Try the wait for the dub.

You'd think a forum full of weaboos wouldn't be so shocked by Goku's Japanese voice. lol

It shows how much better the Dub is when people won't even bother to try the original version.

I wanna say it got wished back, but I can't remember.

I wanted to say that too, but then why wish back his planet and not wish him back as well?

The supposed reasoning for Goku is that he's a "child at heart", but it still does sound pretty shitty.

That doesn't explain Vegeta's voice. lol

One of the few anime where the original casting is just absolutely horrible overall imo.

This always was the one anime where no one has anything good to say about the original voice cast.

I know it's also probably a factor of being so used to hearing the english dub so often (and being a huge sean schemmel fan), but I still think the voices just don't fit the characters at all.

Sean Schemmel just nails the role on the head. He can pull off sounding child-like and serious without also sounding like he's a 5 year old girl.

Pinwheel

The Origin
Awards

That doesn't explain Vegeta's voice.
Vegeta's explanation for his actually does make sense sort of if you listen to him. Vegeta's a "prince" by some means, and considers himself as such. Thus he talks in a sort of regal voice but in a not-so-regal way. I still VASTLY prefer Chris Sabat's interpretation. Big reason I say dubs should 9/10 times NOT try and imitate original voices: an interpretation that fits the character just on looks, personality, and mannerisms almost always ends up being better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back