• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Anime/Manga ► The Dragon Ball Thread - Dragon Ball Super

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

quiteMAD

What a guy!
Awards
Website
defineprog.deviantart.com
Re: New Animated Dragon Ball Movie set for 2013

One Piece's, because it actually shows events from the film. But this will likely be the better movie, seeing as it'll have a longer run time and is going to be the true finale to the series.

quiteMAD

What a guy!
Awards
Website

It does when the difference in run time is almost an hour, and a finale just carries more weight. Plus, it's been ages since we've gotten NEW and QUALITY Dragonball stories. That's pretty huge.

Dentim

A boy in a playsuit.
Awards

It does when the difference in run time is almost an hour, and a finale just carries more weight. Plus, it's been ages since we've gotten NEW and QUALITY Dragonball stories. That's pretty huge.

Heartless point is that neither of those factors is a surefire way to get a quality product, which I agree with.
Give me a classic Looney Tunes cartoon instead of Green Lantern, for example. Much, much shorter but so much better.
And still lots of people prefer The Dark Knight over Rises.

quiteMAD

What a guy!
Awards
Website

Both of those comparisons are horribly unjust, but ok. Let me rephrase my statement. This movie is more likely to have a greater level of entertainment. I base this opinion on the fact that One Piece and Dragonball Z are of similar natures, and their stories will no doubt be similar in nature as well. However, One Piece Z will be short, and therefore will have a limited amount of time to tell its story. This movie is going to have up to two hours to tell its story, and the story is from the mind of the original creator, who hasn't been involved with the Dragonball series (story-wise) since the Buu saga - which this movie will follow after. Oda may be working on his movie, but he also did the previous one and is busy working on his ongoing comic, so he's definitely had a limited time frame to work on his movie that also has a limited time frame. On top of that, this movie has been worked on for a longer period of time, and looks like it has a higher budget (based on that new teaser) so it may have higher quality animation.

I love Oda and One Piece more than anything, but the One Piece movies are rarely more than extra long filler episodes. This is going to be a feature length finale with some actual meat to it, and will hopefully even serve to knock GT out of canon.

Dentim

A boy in a playsuit.
Awards

See, that's all I wanted to see you type: the words "more likely". Your previous posts made it look as if you believe those two reasons = automatically good. And those examples may have been extreme, but I stand by them.

But your One Piece movie comment is just as applicable to dbz movies. They're usually nothing but filler too, connetions to series villains notwithstanding.

Nyangoro

Break the Spell
Awards

except that he said "will likely be" at the very beginning, in the post that started this argument -_-

Dentim

A boy in a playsuit.
Awards

Then I glossed over that and apologize. Argument still stands though. Those two factors do not mean it's automatically better, or for that matter, that it will be an equal. Longer run time is quantity, not quality and a finale is just as likely to fall victim to the same pitfalls of storytelling as any other part of the story.
(and I, for one, almost always withhold judgement until I've seen them both)

quiteMAD

What a guy!
Awards
Website

It's whatever, man. I'm thinking in mathematical terms, and in that light, this movie just has more potential. If you wanna get "chaos theory" on me, then yes both movies have as much potential to be pieces of shit as they do being masterpieces in film and animation. Though in all honesty, I'm not really sure why we're comparing them in the first place, when a fan of one is most likely going to be a fan of the other. This is as dumb as people trying to decide if Dark Knight Rises is better than the Avengers.

Reagan Rayden

Exploding Man
Awards

How about we wait until it's even out before we judge it, guys. lol

XIII Heartless

Head Mom In Charge
Awards
Website
profile.myspace.com

Whoa, I think you guys kinda over analyzed my statement. I was just saying it'd be wise to reserve judgement lest you're proven wrong. There's no substantial news for either film, which one will be better is up in the air.

KeyofEvil'sBane

Space Duck
Termina, wondering why everyone looks familiiar

Yea, Kakarot posted that pic on his Facebook page. Seems like that character fighting Goku would be Anubis or something Egyptian. As for the title, there's really not much that could pose a threat to the Z-fighters at this point anyway besides something with God-like abilities. Also, not sure if I'm a fan of Gohan being Super Saiyan instead of Mystic, since that probably means he's nerfed yet again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back